Cokeyskunk

POLL: Cross-Platform Play - How Important Is It to You?

Cross-Platform Play  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Cross-Platform Play - How Important Is It to You?

• I'd love to be able to play with anyone, regardless of platform.
    • Quit bothering me, jerk.
    • I think whoever came up with the idea of cross-platform play should be forced to try to escape Jason IRL.

I'll leave my choice in the replies since you don't have it as an option choose but my answer is- I don't care if it ever comes or doesn't but would welcome if it did but it wouldn't bother me if it didn't. 

Seeing how the PC community is slowly dying out it would be nice playing against PS4 and X1 players.

12 hours ago, Official_Adam_W said:

I would love to see F13 get cross play, It would allow me to play you and others on here that play on pc or xbox that i wouldn't otherwise be able to play against.

I'm on PS4, dude! You just accepted my friend request!! :blink:

11 hours ago, anon said:

why no idc option 

3 hours ago, The7Reaper said:

I'll leave my choice in the replies since you don't have it as an option choose but my answer is- I don't care if it ever comes or doesn't but would welcome if it did but it wouldn't bother me if it didn't. 

That option was, "Quit bothering me, jerk." That's the "IDC" option. (and also if you think I'm a jerk, as apparently at least nine others here do. :( )

9 hours ago, The Gunslinger said:

This could reduce the fun and players count on this game. So , I disagree.

Could you elaborate on this?

7 hours ago, BenWallace.3.Pistons said:

@Ghostboy20 Another one that doesn't understand ignore. Gums flapping, no noise coming out.

Respectfully request we not do this on my thread. Thank ya, sir. ;)

1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

That option was, "Quit bothering me, jerk." That's the "IDC" option. (and also if you think I'm a jerk, as apparently at least nine others here do. :( )

Well one of those was me because I thought it was funny.

15 minutes ago, Truth said:

Well one of those was me because I thought it was funny.

Oh, I see how it is . . . 

giphy.gif

I'd love crossplay between PS4 and XB1, but not PC. PC users have an advantage with K+M and there's more hackers. I know that one day PS4 and XB1 will be hacked, but I think we should try to minimize the amount of hackers currently as much as possible. 

12 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

PC users have an advantage with K+M

Second time I've seen this. I haven't played games on PC since the PS1 came out. What is K+M?

1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Second time I've seen this. I haven't played games on PC since the PS1 came out. What is K+M?

Keyboard and mouse.

1 minute ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Keyboard and mouse.

Oh.

God, why did it have to be SO SIMPLE. 

200.webp

17 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

First look at that and I thought it was some cheap KY knockoff...

4 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Hey Angelos,

Just a quick reminder: before posting a new topic, please do a keyword search for an existent topic about what you'd like to discuss, then comment there. Only create a new topic if you know there isn't already a thread about what you'd like to discuss. This just keeps all our conversations in order and the forums nice and tidy.

I, myself, created this same topic yesterday. Feel free to visit it and discuss there:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/17309-poll-cross-platform-play-how-important-is-it-to-you/

Since there is already a discussion on this, the moderators will likely close this thread, but I hope to see your conversation in the other cross-platform thread!

Excuse me buddy. I didn't know. Thanks for the info.

Im keeping my hopes up for cross platfrom. I play on pc, but literally everyone I know has it on ps4. I play with xbox 360 controller, so wouldn't have any advantage over anyone on console. Not sure what advantage keyboard or mouse would give you in this game anyways. Its actually way slower to try to hit all the different key bindings. Although i always console gamed as a kid, so am way more comfortable with controller..

Hi everyone,

Yes it is not an urgent topic but it would be great if we could play across platforms. I think most of you have at least one friend that doesn't own a PC or his/her PC isn't good enough to run F13. The use of one multi-platform edition would also really ease the process of developing the game.

44 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Im keeping my hopes up for cross platfrom. I play on pc, but literally everyone I know has it on ps4. I play with xbox 360 controller, so wouldn't have any advantage over anyone on console. Not sure what advantage keyboard or mouse would give you in this game anyways. Its actually way slower to try to hit all the different key bindings. Although i always console gamed as a kid, so am way more comfortable with controller..

It's not just the keyboard and mouse, PC runs at a higher frame rate, and has less response latency which means there is less delay from the time you press a button until the action is complete.

26 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

It's not just the keyboard and mouse, PC runs at a higher frame rate, and has less response latency which means there is less delay from the time you press a button until the action is complete.

Fine, but in the grand scheme of things, you're talking nanoseconds. I think it would be negligible.

7 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Fine, but in the grand scheme of things, you're talking nanoseconds. I think it would be negligible.

It's really not, once you have played a game side by side on PC and a console you will see the difference. 

Just now, AdmiralJT said:

It's really not, once you have played a game side by side on PC and a console you will see the difference. 

So you really think the latency difference is so great that it would be game-breaking?

4 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I'm on PS4, dude! You just accepted my friend request!! :blink:

Could you elaborate on this?

Respectfully request we not do this on my thread. Thank ya, sir. ;)

exactly i didnt wanna call you a jerk:(:(

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

So you really think the latency difference is so great that it would be game-breaking?

Every game I have ever played on PC ran faster and was more responsive that the version of it I played  on the console. I play a Tomb Raider on my PC with my dualshock 4 controller and on the PC I have no problem playing the game. When I try to play it on my PS4 it feels like Lara Croft is drunk or something, movement feels lethargic and there is no accuracy 

22 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I shall reply only to your unsalted comment.  ;)

So, assume Microsoft allows for crossplay with PC/Steam? This is one of the best-selling games. Would Sony really want to be the ONLY console holding out?

You know they (and Xbox players) say the same thing about the PS4 community, yes?

It's not assuming with Gears 4 and Rocket League you can cross play on PC/Xbox. Sony doesn't wanna do it, it's a bad decision on their part. 

39 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Every game I have ever played on PC ran faster and was more responsive that the version of it I played  on the console. I play a Tomb Raider on my PC with my dualshock 4 controller and on the PC I have no problem playing the game. When I try to play it on my PS4 it feels like Lara Croft is drunk or something, movement feels lethargic and there is no accuracy 

Wow, I didnt realize it was that much of a difference. I loved Tomb Raider on pc by the way. So why do people still console game if experience is that much better on pc?

9 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Wow, I didnt realize it was that much of a difference. I loved Tomb Raider on pc by the way. So why do people still console game if experience is that much better on pc?

Because a PS4 is 300 dollars on Amazon right now and that is what the RAM in my PC cost.

The console sits in the living room where kids can play or if you have friends over you can sit on the couch, while typically the PC sits on a desk in the office.

Also there are exclusive titles for consoles.