Did you get your money’s worth?   

98 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get your money’s worth buying this game?

• Yes I definitely did!
    • I’m not sure at the moment.
    • No! This was a waste of my money!

4 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Nope. Not only I cannot play this game at all, as also I discovered today that a PS4 is cheaper than a decent PC! :angry:

Yep, and always will be.

5 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Nope. Not only I cannot play this game at all, as also I discovered today that a PS4 is cheaper than a decent PC! 

Why can't you play?

Seeing as I got it free after someone at work gave me a $25 and a $15 Xbox gift cards, hell yeah.  Even if I had paid, still hell yeah.  It's mainly the toxic waste dump known as quick play that I had any real problems with.

I will start this post by saying "Yes!" I have hundreds of hours put in playing this game. Of course it is worth the $80 for the 2 copies that I own.

6 hours ago, DorianRo said:

Nah.  It BLOWS being a counselor and if you get snuffed out (easy to do being a repair counselor with no Stamina with an OP Jason and trying to hit objectives) you gotta sit around on your ass for 15-20 mins and wait for the game to end??   Pay a bunch of money to watch a bunch of annoying kids goof off and not go for objectives waiting for game to end?  Not my idea of money well spent. 

The game is worth it if you get to play as Jason at least 95 percent of the time but thats just not reality.  You're a counselor probably 90 percent of the time. .  So NO was NOT worth $40.  $20 max. 

The game SHOULD have been geared in such a way that all counselors are useful.  Not where maybe 2-3 are worth a hoot and the other 90 percent of shit ass USELESS due to a patch 

Really man? I main Deborah, and I live quite often with her. If you are spectating for 15-20 minutes every match, maybe you need to hone your skills a bit.  The good news is that you can be Jason 100% of the time if you play against bots. They might have the intelligence level you are looking for with your gaming experience.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

I will start this post by saying "Yes!" I have hundreds of hours put in playing this game. Of course it is worth the $80 for the 2 copies that I own.

Really man? I main Deborah, and I live quite often with her. If you are spectating for 15-20 minutes every match, maybe you need to hone your skills a bit.  The good news is that you can be Jason 100% of the time if you play against bots. They might have the intelligence level you are looking for with your gaming experience.

If the bots were competent it wouldn't be so bad. But however offline play was programmed, it leaves a lot to be desired.  Even on Hard difficulty, counselors will jump in the cabin through a window to escape you then jump right back out of the same window in a second.    Again, it IS Fun being as Jason now with the recent patch. but between the lack of communication between counselors not hitting objectives,  and the horrible time spent being a repair counselor basically having to go lonewolf and hoping you pick up batteries, tanks, Phone tube etc. and hoping your team has some level of coordination between them, its horrible being a counselor, which you are stuck playing with most of the time in this game 

Yeah I play this game like crazy and it reignited my love for slasher movies.

Of course it could always use more new counselors and new experiences to keep it fresh I still have fun playing this game!

On 2/21/2018 at 6:03 PM, DorianRo said:

NO was NOT worth $40.  $20 max. 

$40 is like 3 beers and a shot at a strip club.  

I've gotten hours and hours worth of fun from this game..   for $40.      Can't say the same about $40 at strip club.  Oo

43 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

$40 is like 3 beers and a shot at a strip club.  

I've gotten hours and hours worth of fun from this game..   for $40.      Can't say the same about $40 at strip club.  Oo

Completely agree.

Yes. Bought it on release and have been playing this over 260 hours (and counting). Money well spent.

Too bad these clothing DLC-packs are ridiculous (especially halloween pack) and way too over the top (not the price, I mean the style). So I haven't bought any of them.

I still have more hours in this than some of my Souls save files and even my MHW file (300hrs already).

Even during the rough times Ive still enjoyed this game. Yes there are bugs and it can be frustrating but, you wanna know a secret? I think because of how campy the original license material is, it kind of gets a pass at times. Remember how critics panned the games graphics, sighting Chad Face as a big offender? WTF? We all love our Chad Face here.

If I didnt enjoy this game I wouldnt have bought every DLC thats come out thus far as well as 2 copies of the game for other friends to get them into it. Im sure if I would have known about the kickstarter I would have even backed the game a large bit, but thats all the past.

Fact is, even if the games a little repetitive or bland, I feel like its the experiences you make each match that determine your enjoyment. From silly bugs, to rRPing Jasons and counselors, I love it all. Not to mention the fact that I never met a kid when I was little that didnt want to play hide-and-seek :P

Let's see now, bought for full price at I think $40. At ten hours, that comes down to $4 per hour. Yes..... I got my moneys worth the day I bought it, because I am still playing it with over 500 hours in. I am down to $0.08 per hour played at this point.
   Even at full price if you have more than ten hours into the game, all I can ask is: How much do you really expect for what you paid? At twenty hours in, people have even less reason to whine about it. If someone did not like the game, why would they continue playing after 4 hours. Even at that point, they still only paid $10 per hour. I am glad to see most of you think it was worth it. As to the few who think it is not...... how much less do you suggest we should have paid? Really people, I am sure there are more important things for you to whine about. Even at 4 hours you can't complain about the price and somehow, I think if you had only played it for 4 hours you probably could not have been bothered to come onto the forums to talk about it.

I think they did a great job on this game and bought all DLCs just to support the devs. I use very little out of the DLCs but there you go, at least I am getting some use out of them (mostly the kill packs). There are very few games I would even consider buying a DLC for. If I had heard about it during the kick starter, I would have thrown more money at it. But that is neither here, nor there. I missed out..... Damn!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

Let's see now, bought for full price at I think $40. At ten hours, that comes down to $4 per hour. Yes..... I got my moneys worth the day I bought it, because I am still playing it with over 500 hours in. I am down to $0.08 per hour played at this point.

Exactly man. I don't get the bitching that I see on here. I've got hundreds of hours in the game. I've had good matches, shitty matches, and had to deal with some really aggravating players. For the most part, I've overall had a great time playing this game. Of course, I've waited years for it to be made. When I started with the Beta, I just wanted to be Jason all of the time, but I really like the challenge of playing a counselor now, especially after the new patch.

The good thing is that most of the people on here actually enjoy playing. They are passionate about it, and sometimes that leads to complaints, but the love is there. Some just come on here to whine and cry about how unfair it is regardless of which patch was introduced. I'm pretty happy with the state of the game right now, and I am fine with waiting until spring/summer before we get new DLC.

Of course, when I first started playing video games you rented or bought a game and rolled the dice. What you got was what you got. I made it through the Atari era, the NES era, and Diablo on PC, and loved almost every damn minute of it. (Of course, there were some games that were just too fucking hard. I'm looking at you Silver Surfer, Ninja Gaiden, and Battletoads! :angry:) I think some people just want to "win" at every game. If so, what's the point? I play to challenge myself against other people. I kinda miss the days of just playing games on the couch with friends. 

• Like 1

I've not invested this much time in a game nor had this much fun in a lot of years. Awessome game and networked with awesome people.

8 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

Exactly man. I don't get the bitching that I see on here. I've got hundreds of hours in the game. I've had good matches, shitty matches, and had to deal with some really aggravating players. For the most part, I've overall had a great time playing this game. Of course, I've waited years for it to be made. When I started with the Beta, I just wanted to be Jason all of the time, but I really like the challenge of playing a counselor now, especially after the new patch.

The good thing is that most of the people on here actually enjoy playing. They are passionate about it, and sometimes that leads to complaints, but the love is there. Some just come on here to whine and cry about how unfair it is regardless of which patch was introduced. I'm pretty happy with the state of the game right now, and I am fine with waiting until spring/summer before we get new DLC.

Of course, when I first started playing video games you rented or bought a game and rolled the dice. What you got was what you got. I made it through the Atari era, the NES era, and Diablo on PC, and loved almost every damn minute of it. (Of course, there were some games that were just too fucking hard. I'm looking at you Silver Surfer, Ninja Gaiden, and Battletoads! :angry:) I think some people just want to "win" at every game. If so, what's the point? I play to challenge myself against other people. I kinda miss the days of just playing games on the couch with friends. 

Trolls will be trolls. If someone is unhappy about something they should put it down. Why bother to go to the effort to keep coming back to whine about something they didn't like. Plenty of people seem to truly love the game on both sides of the arguments, but too many seem to think they should escape or survive 9 times out of 10. Somehow, I do not think that is what this game is meant to be. If I don't like a game I put it down. Still have a few games on the hard drive I keep forgetting to uninstall. I couldn't be bothered to go on their forums and complain.
   My first console was an Atari 2600. You couldn't rent a game for many years after that, around the time NES and Turbo Graphics 16. I seem to remember an extinct species of board game or two as well.
   First really good multi player experience was, I think Jedi Outcast (turn based multi player cannot be counted here). Before the toxicity seeped in. It has since run rampant throughout online gaming like a spreadable cheese of some kind, gunking up the gears and smelling like limburger.
   My first F13 game I was force grabbed by Jason near the exit, I did not even question it. Stay away from Jason...... lesson learned.... move on to other, more effective tactics. I was surprised to find that the game was still being tweaked. Big fan of the series, but I knew nothing about this game. Saw one trailer with a Crazy Lixx tune and bought the game, but I did read the how to play in the menu before diving in. I have only been through a few different states of the game, and learned a lot about it both in game and here, on these forums.

• Like 1

turbographics made me think splatter house jason!!!!!!!!!!!!! omfgg!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ninja gaiden tho.....what a time sink that was XD

52 minutes ago, jistsomeguy said:

turbographics made me think splatter house jason!!!!!!!!!!!!! omfgg!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ninja gaiden tho.....what a time sink that was XD

I had a friend that had the TurboGrafx 16, and we played the hell out of SplatterHouse and Altered Beast on that console. Too bad it never really caught on, it had some pretty good games.

I finally ended up beating Ninja Gaiden (10 years later), but I still haven't beaten BattleToads or Silver Surfer. Fuck those games! lol Actually, I enjoyed them both, just never finished them.

57 minutes ago, Ahab said:

My first console was an Atari 2600. You couldn't rent a game for many years after that, around the time NES and Turbo Graphics 16. I seem to remember an extinct species of board game or two as well.

My first console was the 2600 as well. It was a hand-me-down from my older brother. The first console I bought myself was the NES. Damn, I had to mow a lot of yards (among other od jobs) for that one. The Super Nintendo is probably my favorite classic console, I still have that one. I haven't had much time to spend on the XBoxOneX yet, but I have to say that it looks beautiful.

To get back on track with the OP in this thread, I feel like I've gotten my money's worth on all of the consoles and most of the games that I've bought. Of course, there have been a few duds over the years. But, I definitely do not consider Friday the 13th to be one of those duds.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jistsomeguy said:

i jist watch avgn rage on em nowadays, i wonder if kids even gotta mow yard anymore? XD

I've seen AVGN rage on a few games that I sunk hours into as a kid. Of course, I disagree with a few of his assessments of the games, but he is playing a character. It's kind of like the MovieSins guy, they tear down properties that they actually love for comedic effect. And they both have been successful with it, so good for them.

I know for a fact that when my kiddo gets a little older, he'll be mowing my yard. :lol: If he decides to be an entrepreneur, I'll gladly provide the gas, mower, and transportation to the jobs for him to do so. I have friends who have kids, and they don't even make them clean their own rooms. I honestly believe that is a mistake, but I'm not gonna tell other folks how to raise their kids. I just want to make sure that I instill a strong work ethic for my mini-me to build on.

• Like 1

im one of them bitchin about the kids gettin a trophy to put on their helmet for bathroom breaks. sweat has unbelievable benefit to a young man, instilling its value early is wise. 8]

• Thanks 1