NoOneK9503

Pamela Voorhees playable at SP Challenges?

Remember the movies? Where Jason was a stalker and followed his victims until the last second? Well, Pamela did it too.

I was thinking... Due to the gameplay mechanics centered around Jason, who is an unkillable supernatural monster, we cannot have Pamela, who is a normal human. 

But, what if Pamela appears in Singleplayer challenges? Based on what we saw in the trailer, Pamela can also Stalk her victims and wait for the last minute to strike (just like the movies).

But she wouldn't be able to do the awesome gruesome environmental kills. Yeah, Pamela is cool... But not Jason cool.

6 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

But she wouldn't be able to do the awesome gruesome environmental kills. Yeah, Pamela is cool... But not Jason cool.

You're right. The devs must be very creatives when doing her environmental kills. But leaving that aside, she can be playable.

Who says she can't have her own unique enviormental kills? In the movies she did some messed up stuff. Stuck a guy to a door with arrows, and got a guy in a tree. I don't see why not.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BlitzBoy526 said:

Who says she can't have her own unique enviormental kills? In the movies she did some messed up stuff. Stuck a guy to a door with arrows, and got a guy in a tree. I don't see why not.

She could. But it would require some creativity like NoOneK9503 said. Maybe she for instance would instead of knocking the jack out from under the car, hand Adam that screwdriver he asked for....Straight into his heart. It could be done, but likely won't.

2 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

She could. But it would require some creativity like NoOneK9503 said. 

Of course, but look at the kills that Jason have now. Gun and Illfonic showed that they have creativity. I know some kills were taken from the movies, but others are fun and gruesome. If they are working on Pamela, they got this. 

I like this idea. A couple of single player challenges featuring Pammy would be great. Especially when you consider the first movie is all about her, it seems wrong not to include her somehow. I don't see her kills being less creative as a huge issue either, imagination is key. ;)

Only downside is whether or not the benefits of including her outweigh the costs involved. As it's much more cost effective to just continue using Jason.

1 hour ago, Elias Voorhees said:

I like this idea. A couple of single player challenges featuring Pammy would be great. Especially when you consider the first movie is all about her, it seems wrong not to include her somehow. I don't see her kills being less creative as a huge issue either, imagination is key. ;)

Yeah! One of the biggest issues with multiplayer is that only Jason incarnations (and Roy) can be in the game due to the fact that he's a very tall, muscular and an unkillable undead. Pamela for example, cannot endure a single machete hit, while Jason can. She cannot take on groups of counselors too.

But when the subject is SP challenges, everything changes. The multiplayer is based in the final chase between Jason and his last victim. The Singleplayer is at the beginning of a Friday the 13th movie, where the teenagers are spending a "normal" night at a camp and Jason is stalking them.

In the first movie, Pamela stalked each one of her victims waiting until the last minute to strike. So, she could appear only in SP challenges with permanent Stalk and unique kills!

Hmm, now I'm wondering. Would it be a generic Pamela Voorhees? Or a Betsy Palmer likeness?

I do like the idea of her challenges being more stealth based, using shadows, positioning, line of sight and patience. The stalking gameplay would emulate the feel of the early part of the movies well I think, which is something less evident in the more hectic multiplayer.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2018 at 11:21 AM, NoOneK9503 said:

Remember the movies? Where Jason was a stalker and followed his victims until the last second? Well, Pamela did it too.

I was thinking... Due to the gameplay mechanics centered around Jason, who is an unkillable supernatural monster, we cannot have Pamela, who is a normal human. 

But, what if Pamela appears in Singleplayer challenges? Based on what we saw in the trailer, Pamela can also Stalk her victims and wait for the last minute to strike (just like the movies).

Please see this thread: http://forum.f13game.com/topic/13126-game-mode-pamela-voorhees-4-vs-1/

submit your ideas there.

4 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

Please see this thread: http://forum.f13game.com/topic/13126-game-mode-pamela-voorhees-4-vs-1/

submit your ideas there.

I've already saw it. But the difference between your thread and mine is that yours is Multiplayer-based. Mine is asking if she can appear in SP challenges.

I think her appearance in SP challenges makes much more sense than in multiplayer.

16 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

I've already saw it. But the difference between your thread and mine is that yours is Multiplayer-based. Mine is asking if she can appear in SP challenges.

I think her appearance in SP challenges makes much more sense than in multiplayer.

I think they can do both.

• Thanks 1

I'm hoping they make Roy specific challenges. Would love to be able to sneak up on someone and do the leather strap kill on a tree. Would also love to see a scenario where you get to kill Crazy Ralph. 

With the single player challenges Just released I figured out a way to incorporate Pamela's character in the game. And that is through the single layer challenges. Because she would have to sneak and kill with silence its perfect. Please consider this gun media. Do not end this project without putting the first killer of this series in thegame.

@ky_rich2345 - please perform a search before creating a new thread.

There is already a perfectly lovely (and long) thread about adding Pamela, found here:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/13126-game-mode-pamela-voorhees-4-vs-1/

This thread will likely be merged into that one.

Please do your part to keep our lovely, beloved forum tidy.

Enjoy your stay. Oh, and try the veal!
- Skunk

I'm gonna have to give this one to @NoOneK9503, since his thread leaned in the offline challenges direction and the other thread was about modified online play. Sorry, @Cokeyskunk. You can't win 'em all, I guess.

@ky_rich2345, I have merged your post into an ongoing conversation around the same thing, so that we can keep the forums tidy, and so that your idea has a chance to shine in front of people already talking about the subject.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Sorry, @Cokeyskunk. You can't win 'em all, I guess.

Hey, tidy be tidy, yo! 

4 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Hey, tidy be tidy, yo! 

I mean...

giphy.gif

...I guess?

1 minute ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I mean...

giphy.gif

...I guess?

Okay, here.

TRANSLATION:

"This is not a problem. So long as the thread was sufficiently relocated to an appropriate venue, then the pleasure is absolutely mine, good sir."

Better?  ?

Single player challenges are are the only way I could see her ever being playable. 

Putting her in the multiplayer would require them to pretty much change the whole game (unless you want to see Besty Palmar smash cars and choke slam teenagers). Here they would only need to change the grab mechanic, and get another mocap actor for her.

Replace the grab with something more like a straight up stealth kill (because seeing her overpower/carry people would be stupid). You can still have special environmental kills by pressing the action button when their near one.

• Like 1