makeamericagreatagain94

Playing Jason has become too easy and boring

11 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

QP definitely needs to be easier for counselors for escape.

A mediocre group= Death for EVERYONE against a competent Jason

You and Stoney should add each other and play Private matches.. And take turn letting each other escape.

QP needs to be easier.. NOOOO

A mediocre group dies to a competent Jason..    Soooo?

You two seem to live in a Bizzaro world.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

You and Stoney should add each other and play Private matches.. And take turn letting each other escape.

Savage.

And I'm here for it.

@stoney @DorianRo you guys are acting like it’s impossible to escape alone, it’s not. Happens quite often actually that people leave on the boat or car by themselves. 

But for you to say teamwork shouldn’t be needed makes me think you want escaping to be a breeze. 

2 minutes ago, doitagain said:

@stoney @DorianRo you guys are acting like it’s impossible to escape alone, it’s not. Happens quite often actually that people leave on the boat or car by themselves. 

You just described every match that I'm Lachappa and there's a boat.  If nobody finds the propeller in the first three to five minutes, I can usually get to it and bounce out of there alone .

It is not that hard to survive by yourself,  even against a competent Jason. 

I'm on the fence with this because I agree that playing with a team shouldn't have to be mandatory to survive, which it isn't. 

But I also agree that when you are working as a team you are naturally going to have a higher chance of survival. 

I also agree that playing in Quick Play is like playing in the Wild West, rules that apply to private match are not going to necessarily apply well to quick play. 

Quick play and private match are essentially two different game modes. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gummybish said:

But I also agree that when you are working as a team you are naturally going to have a higher chance of survival. 

That part I don't totally agree with.  That entirely depends on the character and perks you play with. I usually play as Deb, and having someone else following me around with lower stealth or composure almost always gets us found and then gets me killed as the slower and lower stamina of the two. Characters like Deb are almost designed to go solo and spy around the map while Jason hunts the easier to find prey. I've built full cars and successfully called the police in matches where Jason never once found me because I was able to sneak around and avoid his detection abilities. If it's less stealthy combos like a Bugsy and Chad we're talking about though, then hell yeah; team up and gets some batting practice in together. That just helps players like me to get more things finished so we all can escape. 

I stepped into a group of friends that teamed up and beat the total hell out of me.  We were all buddies from previous events, so I knew it was coming and had a lot of fun with them as well, and in the end killed them all.  However, it was not an easy match and some ALMOST escaped and would have had I not been inching the fight just far enough away for me to shift to the car without the rest being able to catch up with me in time to continue the beating before the driver got their block knocked off.  

I'm having more fun with Jason know than I have in months.  The buff was a much needed boost to the games enjoyment factor and I'd hate to see thing regress to late 2017 state of being.

27 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

That part I don't totally agree with.  That entirely depends on the character and perks you play with. I usually play as Deb, and having someone else following me around with lower stealth or composure almost always gets us found and then gets me killed as the slower and lower stamina of the two.

Glares at Buggzy 

2 hours ago, DorianRo said:

I can't tell you how many times (just yesterday) I was on teams where after 10 minutes hardly ANY objectives were close to being completed at all.  I play a lot of matches where just Tommy Jarvis gets called.  No battery in car, No propellor in boat, people running around with phone tubes and doing nothing them etc.  

That sort of thing happens when an experienced counselor is hiding in a tent out in some remote campsite, like a jackass.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

That sort of thing happens when an experienced counselor is hiding in a tent out in some remote campsite, like a jackass.

I believe they prefer to be called "Equus-Americans"

3 hours ago, doitagain said:

But for you to say teamwork shouldn’t be needed makes me think you want escaping to be a breeze. 

A breeze?  No.   Not as easy as last patch.. But not nearly as almost impossible playing on a lousy team does (especially with a repair counselor with no speed and stamina) against a good Jason.  Thats not asking for much since we all know probably 95 percent of the lobbies do NOT work/coordinate together.     

Its suicide heading out on your own with a slow counselor against a good Jason.  And it shouldn't be if you are FORCED to because your team isn't worth a hoot.

And if you have been playing everyday on your veteran team in Private Matches, you have no right to judge since many here have already commented, QP is the "Wild West" 

You may luck out and get a quality team.  Those chances are SLIM to NONE in QP however.   The developers should have considered and understood this before they OP'd the hell out of Jason,  Nothing should be a breeze but I don't see people complaining QP being a breeze for Jason easier which most of the time it IS 

5 hours ago, stoney said:

Yeah I saw the perks you mentioned, the only reason I neglected to reply to your advice in that aspect, was because I already know how to apply good perks to my counselors (I have all of their load-outs ready.) All of my perks are uncommon, rare, or epic with little to no negatives and almost the entire menu is full. When I roll a perk that's better than what I have, I sell the other. But I usually save CP for a perk event, I guess that's why I'm at 300k CP as we speak.

With a good Jason, it's almost inevitable that you'll die or you'll escape with maybe one other person (if playing in QP with no communication or lack of effective teamwork.) Put yourself in the shoes of a counselor who is new to this game or inexperienced for the most part - it's a nightmare for them to even be one of the last ones alive. *A person that doesn't deserve my reply, pointed out that in any game newbies are going to be horrible. While I cannot speak for everyone, it took me until level 50 to be as good as I am now. But when I first started, it took me till level 7 to get a grip on what is expected of a counselor and the basic load-outs of the 3 maps there were. Back then, people made it out more than they do now, because teamwork and communication was not practically essential. My statement was meant to make you think about people who might not be as skilled as you and maybe open up to finding a middle ground of balance like there once was. I am in no way saying that newbies should be able to escape easily, in case you were thinking that.

In Private Match, the results are almost the same, except it's harder for Jason since there is communication and teamwork being used, but it's very situational if the counselors are more prone to escape or if Jason is more prone to kill them all. (You could have a lobby full of players that have a mic but act just like the people that do in QP,  have a lobby full of some good players and some bad ones, or a lobby full of Pros. It also depends on the skill of Jason - does this player make a lot of errors? Are they experienced?)

I wouldn't say it's "more of a challenge" now to lone wolf - it's a pain in the ass.

It used to be just "more of a challenge" prior to October, then it became "way too easy", now it's "nearly impracticable."

When this game came out I was new, I really didn't know how to play since they changed a lot since the beta (Did you know flares use to be a item you put in your inventory?) Once you start researching and even looking up videos on how to play you can escape in QP  a lot more, if your new to the game it will be harder but you'll soon get the hang of it. I micless lobbies you'll have a harder time escaping. If you find a new comer teach them how to play, you can't escape every round and that's what your wanting, you keep saying it's for new comers but it's not, a new comer can learn pretty quickly the more they play the game. 

I personally don’t feel it’s too difficult at all to play as a counselor, even when im by myself in quick play. not to mention the fact that a well organized counselor team can quite quickly steamroll jason and escape early into the match. Seen it plenty of times recently.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I killed the OP of this thread, or someone with the exact same name, same writing style and roughly the same amount of playtime last night. Solo demasked him as Jenny and then linked up with Tommy outside the shack as Jason was chasing me. He then ragequit during the kill. Still think it is too easy?

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

When this game came out I was new, I really didn't know how to play since they changed a lot since the beta (Did you know flares use to be a item you put in your inventory?) Once you start researching and even looking up videos on how to play you can escape in QP  a lot more, if your new to the game it will be harder but you'll soon get the hang of it. I micless lobbies you'll have a harder time escaping. If you find a new comer teach them how to play, you can't escape every round and that's what your wanting, you keep saying it's for new comers but it's not, a new comer can learn pretty quickly the more they play the game. 

Regardless of the constant debates we've had, you reading my strenuous thread, and the current conversation we're holding now - you've still come to the conclusion that all I want is to escape every round.

I'm not sure if that's because you skim read, you're biased towards Jason, or you just flat out assume - again despite everything that has been discussed...

3 hours ago, FridayFan13 said:

I personally don’t feel it’s too difficult at all to play as a counselor, even when im by myself in quick play. not to mention the fact that a well organized counselor team can quite quickly steamroll jason and escape early into the match. Seen it plenty of times recently.

I've yet to see a team of counselors "steamroll" a competent Jason early match, let alone "plenty of times." (After patch 1.30.18)

You're saying it's not too difficult to lone-wolf as a counselor... what system do you play on?

2 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

I killed the OP of this thread, or someone with the exact same name, same writing style and roughly the same amount of playtime last night. Solo demasked him as Jenny and then linked up with Tommy outside the shack as Jason was chasing me. He then ragequit during the kill. Still think it is too easy?

Yes, because apparently he was a bad Jason.

8 hours ago, doitagain said:

Considering I have repeatedly said it's not impossible, I'm not sure why I was tagged here.

If you're going to assume that, then perhaps it was a bad idea to debate with you in the first place.

Maybe its easier to "lone wolf " on PC or Xbox but it sure as hell isn't easy on the PS4 against a competent Jason.  I don't care WHO you play with.  Its probably easiest with Vanessa due to her Speed/Stamina but its tough with the repair part with her.   It could be easiest with Fox maybe due to her strength and pretty solid repair ability but she just doesn't have the speed/stamina to juke and Jive Jason like Vanessa does.    

The argument here seems to be "oh why do you want to make it so easy on the counselors?"    Well... "Why do you want to make it so easy for Jason?"   There should be some difficulty for BOTH.  You shouldn't be allowed to have maybe a week's time with Jason and just be able to go on a tear.    There should be some difficulty set to where you need a solid MONTH or two of consistent play to really get good at playing Jason before you just start wiping out lobbies. 

Any game Ive played in the past for on-line gaming, I always needed a solid month to get really good at something.   When I see little 8 year old kids screaming and wiping out lobbies in QP (Yea Ive seen it quite a bit), that tells me there isn't much difficulty set  and learning time to have to get really good.  I wasn't wiping out Call of Duty Black OPS after with a some insane K/D ratio with only a solid WEEK of play. ROFLMAO.    IT took me a solid probably two months, of EVERY DAY to get good at it and truly learn the in's and outs of everything.  Not a WEEK 

As I said before, the only time I see a Jason "truly struggle" with this patch is if they are brand spanking new or up against a coordinated team in a QP lobby all together.  Thats rare.  Anyone with a little ingenuity and a week's training to learn the mechanics and setting traps and go on a rampage with Jason in QP. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Anyone with a little ingenuity and a week's training to learn the mechanics and setting traps and go on a rampage with Jason in QP. 

So...exactly how'd you get your ass handed to you on a plate as Jason in QP, then? :lol:

3 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Fair enough, my mistake...though the two are similar enough I wouldn't be surprised to find one is the other's sock-puppet.

27 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Maybe its easier to "lone wolf " on PC or Xbox but it sure as hell isn't easy on the PS4 against a competent Jason.  I don't care WHO you play with.  Its probably easiest with Vanessa due to her Speed/Stamina but its tough with the repair part with her.   It could be easiest with Fox maybe due to her strength and pretty solid repair ability but she just doesn't have the speed/stamina to juke and Jive Jason like Vanessa does.    

The argument here seems to be "oh why do you want to make it so easy on the counselors?"    Well... "Why do you want to make it so easy for Jason?"   There should be some difficulty for BOTH.  You shouldn't be allowed to have maybe a week's time with Jason and just be able to go on a tear.    There should be some difficulty set to where you need a solid MONTH or two of consistent play to really get good at playing Jason before you just start wiping out lobbies. 

I play on PS4 as well. You mentioned “Why do you want to make it easy for Jason?” Well the entire premise of the game is about escaping from him and considering a majority of the time you’ll be playing as a counselor, counselorplay should be where the challenge is at.

18 minutes ago, doitagain said:

I play on PS4 as well. You mentioned “Why do you want to make it easy for Jason?” Well the entire premise of the game is about escaping from him and considering a majority of the time you’ll be playing as a counselor, counselorplay should be where the challenge is at.

There should challenge for all sides in a game IMO.   No one should have a cakewalk.  Especially after only maybe a week or two at a game.  And it SHOULD take you a little while to get really good at something.  Not to where a blind monkey can start destroying lobbies after a week or two of play.  I usually don't ever see many Jason's at all struggle in QP.  A few not many.  Challenge should be distributed a little more evenly is all Im getting at.  Even some of the more subpar Jasons I see on QP leave all but 2 killed anyways.  

On 2/21/2018 at 2:09 AM, makeamericagreatagain94 said:

Its just too easy. I am approaching 300 hours in the game since June and out of every 10 games I atleast get 6/8 kills. I usually get all. And 1/10 games I get less than half which is usually because the counselors were great at communicating, resourcing items, and everyone left at the same time. 

Anyone with half a brain can play jason and win. 

Lies. You just want Jason neutered once more so life is easy again when you're a counselor. I see through your dastardly reverse-psychology!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/21/2018 at 2:09 AM, makeamericagreatagain94 said:

Its just too easy. I am approaching 300 hours in the game since June and out of every 10 games I atleast get 6/8 kills. I usually get all. And 1/10 games I get less than half which is usually because the counselors were great at communicating, resourcing items, and everyone left at the same time. 

Anyone with half a brain can play jason and win. 

Funny because before the update anyone with half a brain could play as counselor. If Jason isn't a threat there's no point in the game existing. Jason should stay top dog and Counselors should have to work as hard as possible to escape. If you don't like that then perhaps a game based on Friday the 13th isn't for you. 

• Thanks 1

I think some arguments here are just ludicrous (no disrespect.. :) ). 

Is the game really too easy and boring because someone gets aprox. 6/8 kills, sometimes everyone, sometimes less than 6... ? Ok... I'm  probably not the smartest peanut in the turd, but that sounds like the way the odds should be. If its too easy, you'd get an 8/8 almost everytime, even against good counselors. Do you?

And what kind of argument is this: "a good Jason will always kill a bunch of not so experienced counselors".  Oh really? ...?  ... Sorry, I got nothing.

Ofcourse the gameplay should be jugded by good counselors vs good Jasons. Its the same thing with every single game. Good players will always outplay the weaker ones. Ofcourse Jason should be overpowered! That's what the game is about. Ofcourse Jason gameplay should be more fun! You only get a 1/8 chance to play him. It should be rewarding, to a degree. I've seen enough Jasons getting a 0-2/8 kills too many times, so there is no way that Jason should be nerfed again. In my opinion Jason is no where close to as OP that you are describing in this thread.

Honestly, I really don't see the problem here. If someone wants to play lonewolf, than play lonewolf. Jason should not be neutered because you have troubles surviving with a bunch of noob-counselors. The more you/they play, the better you/they get. I honestly think that these hwo individuals I'm referring to, wouldn't have had a snowballs chance in hell of surviving during the games initial release..

I've played more qp recently because of timezones (I can explain if anyone cares), and I still survive most games, even against descent Jasons. Either lonewolfing or with good teamwork. I  also have no ploblem with getting killed by Jason, on the contrary. I applaud a good Jason that catches or outwits me. And as Jason I usually have to strugle to get a flawless victory.  Ofcourse its easy sometimes. Especially in qp, as is surviving. It all depends on how skilled the players are who your playing with or against . As Jason against a great group (Crystal Lake community), I'm lucky if I get 4-5/8...

As I said, skilled counselors against skilled Jasons is the only way to set the difficulty -tone of this game. As in almost every other competiitive online game. If you cater the noob counselors, its back to the same shit as it was before the rescent patch. 

Quick Play against randoms that don't work together will usually be 7/8 or 8/8.  You start running into groups of friends that have 800+ hours, you will have a different experience.  you will see more escape, you will be stunnlocked, and you will be killed.   Your 300 hour played won't mean much, when 5 counselors each triple your playtime and work together. You will be the hunted.  1 may let you kill them, just so they grab Tommy just to murder you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carnage4u said:

Quick Play against randoms that don't work together will usually be 7/8 or 8/8.  You start running into groups of friends that have 800+ hours, you will have a different experience.  you will see more escape, you will be stunnlocked, and you will be killed.   Your 300 hour played won't mean much, when 5 counselors each triple your playtime and work together. You will be the hunted.  1 may let you kill them, just so they grab Tommy just to murder you.

Exactly.. In other words.  EASY for QP. Since hardly any QP lobbies work together.   I haven't played as Jason in days and had wiped out with Part IV Jason last night in about 10 minutes. The only difficulty for Jason is strictly in Private Matches.  Maybe that rare QP lobby with people that work together.  But you have as good of a chance pissing in the wind and not getting wet as you do finding a QP lobby that works well together.   If they would have kept the Pocket Knives abundant that would have been at least a help for the QP counselors if they insisted on making Jason a force once again.