Jump to content
makeamericagreatagain94

Playing Jason has become too easy and boring

Recommended Posts

Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

I remember what this game was like at launch, I remember how it was hard and I still enjoyed it then and now the game feels like the old game. Just without all the dang glitches of people being on a roof. 

Again I think it's fine, the car needs some work and Jason needs a little bit more work but right now it's all good, players can still escape, players need to focus more on team work then lone wolfing it, if you lone wolf fine, it's more a struggle for you. 

Why does the game have to be the way it was at launch? If games never evolved, we'd have some awful games out on the market.

That's again the issue, forcing people to use teamwork to not have a near death sentence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stoney said:

forcing people to use teamwork to not have a near death sentence. 

That's been the game since the beginning.  Adapt to it or find a new game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stoney said:

Why does the game have to be the way it was at launch? If games never evolved, we'd have some awful games out on the market.

That's again the issue, forcing people to use teamwork to not have a near death sentence. 

New mods and new ideas help the game, however the core game is about Jason not the campers. That's how it should be. Only way to kill Jason is by removing his mask, getting the sweater and having Tommy, that can only happen with team work. You can just be Tommy, take his mask off and stun him with the sweater. Evolving the game to fit a balance so half the lobby can escape every game doesn't make it fun. What makes this game fun is trying to escape knowing at any moment Jason will be on your butt if you make one mistake. Again it doesn't force you to work, you can be a lone wolf it makes it harder, I mean If I drop you off into the woods, with only a stick, your now have to use what I gave you to survive, you still have bears, wolfs and other animals that will kill you if you aren't protected or have a safe place. I gave you a stick, use it to help you survive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Again I think it's fine, the car needs some work and Jason needs a little bit more work but right now it's all good

Yea, rubber band car glitch NEEDS to be fixed.  Jason chain stun need to be address and if they are going to decrease PKs, that's fine, but fix hit detections.  I can't count how many times I get a clear shot at Jason's back, Vertical swing with a bat, and it still fails to free the counselor as Jason is still lifting him/her up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GeneiJin said:

Yea, rubber band car glitch NEEDS to be fixed.  Jason chain stun need to be address and if they are going to decrease PKs, that's fine, but fix hit detections.  I can count how many times I get a clear shot at Jason's back, Vertical swing with a bat, and it still fails to free the counselor as Jason is still lifting him/her up. 

These are things that do indeed need fixing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

That's been the game since the beginning.  Adapt to it or find a new game.

...

17 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

New mods and new ideas help the game, however the core game is about Jason not the campers. That's how it should be. Only way to kill Jason is by removing his mask, getting the sweater and having Tommy, that can only happen with team work. You can just be Tommy, take his mask off and stun him with the sweater. Evolving the game to fit a balance so half the lobby can escape every game doesn't make it fun. What makes this game fun is trying to escape knowing at any moment Jason will be on your butt if you make one mistake. Again it doesn't force you to work, you can be a lone wolf it makes it harder, I mean If I drop you off into the woods, with only a stick, your now have to use what I gave you to survive, you still have bears, wolfs and other animals that will kill you if you aren't protected or have a safe place. I gave you a stick, use it to help you survive. 

No one said half the lobby would escape either... it'd be dependent on skill.

Killing Jason should be harder and I feel by default, should require teamwork to pull off, I consider it almost an easter egg because it's not actually listed on the map/menu as an option of escaping.

giphy.gif 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stoney said:

No one said half the lobby would escape either... it'd be dependent on skill.

Killing Jason should be harder and I feel by default, should require teamwork to pull off, I consider it almost an easter egg because it's not actually listed on the map/menu as an option of escaping.

Look at what you just said, it still isn't hard to escape, I do it almost every time depending on who the lobby is. Lone wolfing it isn't that hard and you seem to be able to escape most of the time as well. Again Skill is something you learn, if I tossed you in the woods the skills you learned will help you out, in some cases you'll adapt and learn how to better escape. It's skill and learning. This game gives you the tools you need it's up to you to make them work better. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, stoney said:

...Killing Jason should be harder and I feel by default, should require teamwork to pull off, I consider it almost an easter egg because it's not actually listed on the map/menu as an option of escaping.

I do agree it should be a little harder, I'd buff the amount of hits required to demask (or nerf the damage done by the machete).  Even though its not listed as an "objective", the J-kill should be an objective in the mind to any experienced counselor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Look at what you just said, it still isn't hard to escape, I do it almost every time depending on who the lobby is. Lone wolfing it isn't that hard and you seem to be able to escape most of the time as well. Again Skill is something you learn, if I tossed you in the woods the skills you learned will help you out, in some cases you'll adapt and learn how to better escape. It's skill and learning. This game gives you the tools you need it's up to you to make them work better. 

 

Agreed.  Surviving for the most part isn't hard against the typical Jason.  Many of us here are skilled counselors, and much better than the average player in QP.  When I'm bored and winding down at night, I'd watch a few video from streamers, and they are the ones that are complaining about Jason being too OP and lack of PKs.  Everyone in the crew I run with is skilled and we would escape more if we weren't idiots, lol.  And when I say idiots, I mean running away from the exit looking for weapons to continue hitting Jason with kinda stuff, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest issue with the ease of demasking Jason isn't his HP but rather all the free hits counselors get. Jason ate a pocket knife? Free hit. Jason stepped in a trap to enter a cabin? Free hit. Jason got hit with a baseball bat? Everyone gather around - you may not be able to stun him while he's recovering but you can all hit him with your machetes and take his mask off nearly instantly. That's not even getting into how newbie Jasons can be hit through doors and windows.

That said, even after you demask you have to hope that Tommy isn't given to a micless newbie (a rarity), that you have a sweater girl ready or able to grab the sweater with Tommy, that Jason doesn't run away or try to shift away or face a wall to waste the sweater, and then you have the fact that roughly 1/3 of the time the sweater is broken rendering the whole thing pointless. It's why I rarely bother to try to kill Jason. If the game is going to steal it away from me 1/3 of the time why bother?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Agreed.  Surviving for the most part isn't hard against the typical Jason.  Many of us here are skilled counselors, and much better than the average player in QP.  When I'm bored and winding down at night, I'd watch a few video from streamers, and they are the ones that are complaining about Jason being too OP and lack of PKs.  Everyone in the crew I run with is skilled and we would escape more if we weren't idiots, lol.  And when I say idiots, I mean running away from the exit looking for weapons to continue hitting Jason with kinda stuff, lol.

I'm a streamer, I love streaming this game from time to time when given the time. I miss the Team killing because I had fun moments when I had the keys and made people choose who lived or died now it's less fun but I understand why TK is gone, trolls abused that. This game isn't all that hard to master, I've made even the best Jason's angry lol Kept moving and forced most to end their shift quickly. It's not hard to learn how to play this game, you can escape a lot depending on QP. I just don't care if I live or die. It's apart of the game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

 I just don't care if I live or die. It's apart of the game 

That's a attitude from being good at this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

The biggest issuThat said, even after you demask you have to hope that Tommy isn't given to a micless newbie (a rarity), that you have a sweater girl ready or able to grab the sweater with Tommy, that Jason doesn't run away or try to shift away or face a wall to waste the sweater, and then you have the fact that roughly 1/3 of the time the sweater is broken rendering the whole thing pointless. It's why I rarely bother to try to kill Jason. If the game is going to steal it away from me 1/3 of the time why bother?

And all this is going on while the phone or the car should be worked on.  Jason-kill is just another objective,  so make him overwhelmed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Alkavian said:

So you're saying you occasionally get 6/8 kills, rarely get less than half (but it's typically organized groups), and often go 8/8? Sounds fine. Teamwork makes your life difficult, as it should, the occasional QP monkey escapes and you as a Jason with 300 hours in the game generally kill most. What is the problem exactly? This sounds exactly how it should be with a season player slumming in QP. A less experienced Jason player would have a bit more trouble and not as good stats going across 10 matches.

At this point, if you want more of a challenge you should be in Private matches vs the scary players. LOL.

giphy.gif

I concur. I am nowhere near great, but in qp i get anywhere from 5/8 to 8/8 but i got on with @RustInPeace

and @Maddogg_8121

and their group, and went 0/8 still had a blast great group and were very fun the whole time they handed my ass to me. Seems good where it is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

That's a attitude from being good at this game.

Lol eh I'm not good at this game, I'm just playing, if I die well I learn from that (Tho I tend to make the same mistakes) so it's not me being good, just knowing it's a game, if this was real life I wouldn't have another chance lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

 fix hit detections.  I can't count how many times I get a clear shot at Jason's back, Vertical swing with a bat, and it still fails to free the counselor as Jason is still lifting him/her up. 

Let's remember to carefully parse the distinction between hit detection and when/what can be interrupted by an attack. Both Jason and counselors' hit detection badly needs to be optimized, but balance should drive when you can land an effective hit. Interrupting Jason before he's gotten the counselor fully grabbed/after he's triggered a kill animation isn't desirable. Neither is Jason being able to slash a counselor who is still getting out of a trap. In both instances, some I-frames are just necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Let's remember to carefully parse the distinction between hit detection and when/what can be interrupted by an attack. Both Jason and counselors' hit detection badly needs to be optimized, but balance should drive when you can land an effective hit. Interrupting Jason before he's gotten the counselor fully grabbed/after he's triggered a kill animation isn't desirable. Neither is Jason being able to slash a counselor who is still getting out of a trap. In both instances, some I-frames are just necessary.

What I meant is as Jason is lifting the counselor up, after the grab, but before he can freely move around with the counselor and trigger a grab-kill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

What I meant is as Jason is lifting the counselor up, after the grab, but before he can freely move around with the counselor and trigger a grab-kill.

Yeah - not a time during which Jason should be vulnerable to hits, so I'd say it's not a hit detection issue that you're unable to interrupt a grab at that point. If he can't move or kill the counselor yet, there's no reason he should be open to hits that make him drop the counselor either.

If you're close enough to hit him, you're close enough to hit him once he can move, too. If he's spamming Choke faster than you're able to spam hits...them's the breaks. A significant part of this game is correctly recognizing (1) the transitions from I-frames to live play states, and (2) gauging your timing and distance according to those transitions. Not necessarily a good thing, but there's really no way around it given how grab, stun, etc. work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Yeah - not a time during which Jason should be vulnerable to hits, so I'd say it's not a hit detection issue that you're unable to interrupt a grab at that point.

Except you can.  I'm fine with ether way, but I just want it to be CONSISTENT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here we go. Yesterday Jason is OP and the game unbalanced and too hard for counselors. Today it’s too easy and being Jason is boring and predictable. Tomorrow it will be hard again. Repeat

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

oday it’s too easy and being Jason is boring and predictable.

Jason is overpowered. The only way to beat him is literally perfect cooperation and a bit of luck. 

Ive had games where the boat, the car, and the phone were all within a shifts distance of each other (Pinehurst). Good luck getting away with that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, makeamericagreatagain94 said:

Jason is overpowered. The only way to beat him is literally perfect cooperation and a bit of luck. 

Ive had games where the boat, the car, and the phone were all within a shifts distance of each other (Pinehurst). Good luck getting away with that. 

He’s Jason. And I’ve done it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, makeamericagreatagain94 said:

So has everyone, what you havent done is repair a car all on your own being the last survivor. 

Done it. On Pinehurst. What else you got?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...