makeamericagreatagain94

Playing Jason has become too easy and boring

You can survive Jason in QP once in a while.  But definitely not "easily".  Its tiring Jig/Jiving through one cabin window to the next for 20 minutes every game.  Eventually you wear out.   Its what I liked about the last patch as a counselor.  It was far more friendly to a more objectived based counselors.  Then just a speedy/Stamina Vanessa's roaming around with NO repair ability.  Jumping through windows from one cabin to the next all the time.   Thats no way to play the game wth some "thick skinned" perk Vanessa jumping from one cabin to the next.  The objective is to escape and hit the objectives and its hard as SHIT to escape this patch against a competent Jason 

Its been said before, the repair/objective based  counselors suffered this patch HUGE

1 minute ago, DorianRo said:

You can survive Jason in QP once in a while.  But definitely not "easily".  Its tiring Jig/Jiving through one cabin window to the next for 20 minutes every game.  Eventually you wear out.   Its what I liked about the last patch as a counselor.  It was far more friendly to a more objectived based counselors.  Then just a speedy/Stamina Vanessa's roaming around with NO repair ability.  Jumping through windows from one cabin to the next all the time. 

Its been said before, the repair counselors suffered this patch HUGE

This is the way it was intended. Counselors are back to where they should be after the December patch coding mistake.

16 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

Even in QP you can easily survive Jason, you just have to rely on a lone wolf strategy, build your defenses, scavenger for med sprays and a pocket knive and set up a location where there are a bunch of cabins to Kite in. 

This really doesn't work because everyone else is going to be dead or escaped before Jason even gets rage. You would have to kite him for literally half the match and there's no guarantee you'll get any good items, nor can you reliably fight a good Jason 1 on 1, he has the advantage.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

Even in QP you can easily survive Jason, you just have to rely on a lone wolf strategy, build your defenses, scavenger for med sprays and a pocket knive and set up a location where there are a bunch of cabins to Kite in. 

And pray a good Jason doesn't come after you with too much time on the clock. 

6 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

You can survive Jason in QP once in a while.  But definitely not "easily".  Its tiring Jig/Jiving through one cabin window to the next for 20 minutes every game.  Eventually you wear out.   Its what I liked about the last patch as a counselor.  It was far more friendly to a more objectived based counselors.  Then just a speedy/Stamina Vanessa's roaming around with NO repair ability.  Jumping through windows from one cabin to the next all the time.   Thats no way to play the game wth some "thick skinned" perk Vanessa jumping from one cabin to the next.  The objective is to escape and hit the objectives and its hard as SHIT to escape this patch against a competent Jason 

Its been said before, the repair/objective based  counselors suffered this patch HUGE

If everybody wants to be speedy nonrepairson, that is player choice. It's a bad one because Jason will eventually catch and kill most if not all of them. 

The game works best with a mix. Get some speedsters to move parts, to kite, distract and attack. The fixers fix. More people can expect to escape that way. If speedsters let all the slower counselors die before shit gets fixed, it hurts their chances of survival. 

14 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

This really doesn't work because everyone else is going to be dead or escaped before Jason even gets rage. You would have to kite him for literally half the match and there's no guarantee you'll get any good items, nor can you reliably fight a good Jason 1 on 1, he has the advantage.

Of course he has the advantage,  I'm not denying that, but I'm just saying that whoever created this thread is failing to realize that Jason still has to put in some effort when it comes to getting experienced players. 

When you're playing in quickplay, a player who is very experienced should know what they are getting into. 

If they are going in there with the mind-set that players are going to be working together and that it is going to be all sunshine and rainbows, they are not going to have a good time. 

You have to learn how to adapt to certain situations and understand that certain strategies you use in private match where communication is relevant may not translate that well to Quick Play where you are not guaranteed teamwork and communication. 

• Thanks 1

To each his own.  When they say, "Thats how the game was meant to be" .  Well maybe it was meant to be that under Private Player matches  with friends communicating with hitting objectives and with experience who know what their doing .  This patch works well.  But in QP this should NOT have been how the game was meant to be.   in QP players don't work well together because there are many different experience levels.  When players aren't communicating, just learning the mechanics or just goofing off  etc. Jason is gonna just piss on them and pick them off one by one easy.  It does NOT making it enjoyable for the counselor.  Games are supposed to be enjoyable for everyone. .  Its a fucking test playing QP as a counselor since this patch started And even most people are admitting most of these counselors are deemed USELESS since the patch began at least in QP.  So whats the purpose.   Get killed in 5 minutes because I decide to be Mitch or another repairmen then sit around?? .  Easy as hell to rack up XP points with Jason though. 

This patch is fine for Private Matches between friends.  Its horrible for QP however.   They should have gave the option to play either patch.   QP for last patch (A benefit for all types of counselors, Speedsters, Repairmen (who got hit the worst this patch because of speeding up Jason and a better grab). 

The OP started the thread and others like Stoney would agree, its not very difficult being Jason now. You can knock off 5-6/8 with relative ease with your mind focused maybe only 75 percent on the game in most QP lobbies. 

Theres gotta be a way to give us access to all the patches I would assume somehow? 

20 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

To each his own.  When they say, "Thats how the game was meant to be" .  Well maybe it was meant to be that under Private Player matches  with friends communicating with hitting objectives and with experience who know what their doing .  This patch works well.  But in QP this should NOT have been how the game was meant to be.   in QP players don't work well together because there are many different experience levels.  When players aren't communicating, just learning the mechanics or just goofing off  etc. Jason is gonna just piss on them and pick them off one by one easy.  It does NOT making it enjoyable for the counselor.  Games are supposed to be enjoyable for everyone. .  Its a fucking test playing QP as a counselor since this patch started And even most people are admitting most of these counselors are deemed USELESS since the patch began at least in QP.  So whats the purpose.   Get killed in 5 minutes because I decide to be Mitch or another repairmen then sit around?? .  Easy as hell to rack up XP points with Jason though. 

This patch is fine for Private Matches between friends.  Its horrible for QP however.   They should have gave the option to play either patch.   QP for last patch (A benefit for all types of counselors, Speedsters, Repairmen (who got hit the worst this patch because of speeding up Jason and a better grab). 

Theres gotta be a way to give us access to all the patches I would assume somehow? 

Stop playing QP lobbies and start making some friends? Because when the devs make a press release admitting the December patch had mistakes,  that should have told you not to get spoiled on the ridiculous item spawns and that, yes, this is where it should be

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Your long winded text was really long but we do care, however the only issues I see is the cars, Anyone can escape it's more of a challenge, you play a slow camper, use that weakness has strength, know when to run and when to move slowly. You can't just sprint anywhere you won't without getting tired. 

It had to be long. No one understands anything unless everything is explained. I get asked the same questions repeatedly and in order to address one aspect I had to address 10 others as well.

You play as a slow counselor, you are often guaranteed to die. It doesn't matter when you choose to conserve stamina, if Jason is hunting you he's hunting you.

13 minutes ago, stoney said:

It had to be long. No one understands anything unless everything is explained. I get asked the same questions repeatedly and in order to address one aspect I had to address 10 others as well.

You play as a slow counselor, you are often guaranteed to die. It doesn't matter when you choose to conserve stamina, if Jason is hunting you he's hunting you.

It's because he knows you'll repair the car, that's why you need to be smarter, gotta out wit the Jason, all Jason's will go for the fixers. He'll live the idiots to run around till they have to die, it's basically the rules of most Jason, me I just kill all don't care.

You play as a slow counselor then try and stick with people or find a friend to play with. Also find a pocketknife if you can or firecrackers. Have perks that can help you and remember to keep moving 

• Thanks 1

And you should also remember that if you buff counselors, increase weapon spawns or nerf Jason, making it easier for random counselors in qp, think of the impact on Jason when playing against good cordinated counselors?

Still when were playing in a good group Jason gets an average of 5-6/8 kills. Sometimes he gets everyone, sometimes 2..

Yes, qp lobby is mostly full of uncordinated players, but why should they be catered on the expence of enjoyable Jason gameplay?

Ps. I'll be online again tonight! Lets have some fun! 

6 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

It's because he knows you'll repair the car, that's why you need to be smarter, gotta out wit the Jason, all Jason's will go for the fixers. He'll live the idiots to run around till they have to die, it's basically the rules of most Jason, me I just kill all don't care.

You play as a slow counselor then try and stick with people or find a friend to play with. Also find a pocketknife if you can or firecrackers. Have perks that can help you and remember to keep moving 

A competent Jason uses his sense and looks for noise pings, he will find you no matter how much you try to avoid him, his sense radius expands as the round goes on. Stealth only goes as far as the person playing Jason allows it to. Jason sets traps as well, so if you're a repair person and you have no pocket knife (which you'd be smart to not use on a trap if there's more than one at the objective) then you're ultimately screwed if no one is there to aid you; once Jason knows his trap was tanked he's going to morph over to your poor ol' slow repair counselor.

Your bottom sentence of course is exactly what I'm referring to, basically being forced to play with a friend or group of people that can help protect you  - having communication and good team work. It shouldn't be that way.

@lasse_hei

Well let me ask you this - why would you have it tailored to where it's much harder for coordinated players thus making it extremely harder for players that aren't on that level of experience (or players who don't use potent team work)?

Why is the game tailored to coordinated counselor players and not coordinated Jason players? The ones who usually always get 7/7 or 8/8 regardless of nerfs or the like?

Take into consideration that when comparing competent players to ones that aren't, the ones who aren't are in the majority. People are still purchasing this game and to be a new player thrown into a pile of filth isn't very fun. Everyone wants to have wins, not just Jason. When thinking in terms of money, it'd be smart to cater to the players that hold the majority. It's even smarter to find a way to cater to the entire player base.

When referencing Jason against coordinated players, it's all very situational in regards to his kill count and how easy or hard it is. A player may call himself "good" because he uses his mic and utilizes teamwork, but that does't mean he's actually good at the game. I've seen this a lot in Private Match, they know the maps and the concept of the game, but they lack in observance, fast thinking, and making smart choices. Also, low defense is low defense, it doesn't matter how you want to justify it; good counselors utilize their items appropriately yes, but very soon, they will run out. It's atrocious for very large maps like Pinehurst or Jarvis, regardless of the coordination of the counselors. In my opinion, if Jason fails to kill all or most players in any lobby, it's because he wasn't smart enough to do so. Yes it is harder when up against a full lobby of Pros, but that goes for any game. It's common sense that when playing against people who really know what they're doing, you're going to struggle if you're not on par with their level. That doesn't mean the game should be tailored just to make it harder for them, simply because they're pro players.

I've come to the conclusion that in order to truly satisfy both sides, there needs to be a customization setting for Private Match, to alter item spawns and other. Then they need to increase the item spawn slightly (revert it back to the spawn it was at before the item spawn glitch) or implement other means of counselor defense for QP.

50 minutes ago, stoney said:

Why is the game tailored to coordinated counselor players and not coordinated Jason players? 

Take into consideration that when comparing competent players to ones that aren't, the ones who aren't are in the majority. People are still purchasing this game and to be a new player thrown into a pile of filth isn't very fun. Everyone wants to have wins, not just Jason.

You are DoiranRO need to get a room together.  So you can lock the door and whisper sweet sounds nothing in each others ears.

WTF is coordinated Jason Players?     Is there a Jason team now? 

This may come a shock to you but MOST players who bought this game fully expect to DIE alot to Jason.

And players like you need learn how die..  And shaaad up

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

You are DoiranRO need to get a room together.  So you can lock the door and whisper sweet sounds nothing in each others ears.

WTF is coordinated Jason Players?     Is there a Jason team now? 

This may come a shock to you but MOST players who bought this game fully expect to DIE alot to Jason.

And players like you need learn how die..  And shaaad up

Coordinate - bring the different elements of (a complex activity or organization) into a harmonious or efficient relationship.

MOST players bought this game to expect to die by Jason a lot when it was fair that they do.

And players like you need to learn how to show respect.

Crazy, doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result. How many ways are you going to start the same argument?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, stoney said:

Coordinate - bring the different elements of (a complex activity or organization) into a harmonious or efficient relationship.

MOST players bought this game to expect to die by Jason a lot when it was fair that they do.

And players like you need to learn how to show respect.

NO ONES FORCING YOU TO COORDINATE.   

In 8 quick matches i played last night i escaped 4 times..    What in blue freakin hell do you keep YAPPIN' about?

Fair this, fair that.    Im not sure why you think anyone should respect what you're saying, when nothing you say makes any sense.

Just because you keep spinning this "No one has a chance" BS,  doesn't mean anyone has to buy it.  Because i sure don't

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

@stoney who do you use in quickplay? I ran nothing but quickplay till I was lvl 83 or something like that. AJ for a fixer to stay off his radar, many times I'd have a car or boat ready and he never knew. No sense avoidance perks, uncommon marathon, restful and a rare Lightfoot were my best perks back then. If you want to get outta QP why not try the communities? If you play ps4 I know there are many fun people to game with, and if you wanna play any kind of style you can because they work together. It's easy to lonewolf in a coordinated lobby, or jump in with them and work with the team.

• Like 1

off topic but did they OP Jason in swimming too or did they slow the boat down?  Fucking crazy I can't outrun Jason in a BOAT!!!  Jason is OP enough on land, does he have to swim faster than Flipper too? 

21 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

off topic but did they OP Jason in swimming too or did they slow the boat down?  Fucking crazy I can't outrun Jason in a BOAT!!!  Jason is OP enough on land, does he have to swim faster than Flipper too? 

O........M.......G ! ! ! 🙄

• Haha 1

Perfect example of a QP Lobby I just did.  5-6 counselors on my team running around with Gas Tanks, Batteries, phone tubes, Propellors. .  Running around in a group and only ONE objective was completed the entire match.    Luckily the Jason was worse than the team of counselors I was on, 

I had the key for the car, installed the battery, only needed the gas tank filled, and this idiot is running in the OPPOSITE direction of the car.    This patch is only good useful for private matches with experienced players.  Bottom line.  

Communication is pointless when you're running in a team full or people who probably just started and no clue what the FUCK they are doing.   Naturally I had to go an lone wolf out in the weeds with Vanessa to survive the night since they took all the shit and didn't even use it to complete objectives. . Everyone  runs around gas tank, Propellors, battereies etc. and do nothing with them,  An even semi-competent Jason would just pick the team off one by one with EASE.   This happens a lot so as a result, to the OPs point, its become too easy and boring to play as Jason 

9 hours ago, stoney said:

A competent Jason uses his sense and looks for noise pings, he will find you no matter how much you try to avoid him, his sense radius expands as the round goes on. Stealth only goes as far as the person playing Jason allows it to. Jason sets traps as well, so if you're a repair person and you have no pocket knife (which you'd be smart to not use on a trap if there's more than one at the objective) then you're ultimately screwed if no one is there to aid you; once Jason knows his trap was tanked he's going to morph over to your poor ol' slow repair counselor.

Your bottom sentence of course is exactly what I'm referring to, basically being forced to play with a friend or group of people that can help protect you  - having communication and good team work. It shouldn't be that way.

Again I play Chad, my pings are always going off, your more of a sneak base so you have less of the ping, if the whole lobby is dead then yes you'll be killed always. However there are perks and other things to help you, if your gonna lone wolf it then it should be harder for you, it shouldn't be easier for you to escape unless your with a group of people. Chad can't fix but yet I'm always fixing the cars/boats/phone whenever someone won't. I have a higher chance of dying then you because if I mess up I'm dead. So you having it harder is false. 

@DorianRo Each Jason has a different speed in the water, Part 2 Jason has a weakness to water, this makes him slower in the water, Savini Jason also has this weakness as well, Part 7 and part 8 have better water speed making them faster in the water. So which ever Jason your in a lobby with and there is a boat, then you'll have a higher chance of being killed by that Jason on the water. 

If there's one thing I've learned in QP, it's that a lot of people need to change the batteries on their damn smoke detectors.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

If there's one thing I've learned in QP, it's that a lot of people need to change the batteries on their damn smoke detectors.

What I've learned in QP

1. Kids everywhere

2. Music everywhere

3.People eating their mics.

4.Cussing for no reason.

5.Eating super loud.

6.People screaming the moment you enter a lobby

7.People rage quit when they aren't Jason.

8.People rage quit when they are killed

9.People rage quit when last left

10.Host rage quits because they didn't escape in the car. 

11.People ratting you out to Jason.

12.People complaining about how they should have escape even tho they didn't fix the car and kept playing with themselves because they were playing Tiff in a bikini

These are things I've learned in QP 

• Like 1

@Redrum138 @Ghostboy20 I just wanted to start off saying that I deeply appreciate how you guys respond with decency, respect, and logic on these forums; unlike some people. Thank you!

20 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

@stoney who do you use in quickplay? I ran nothing but quickplay till I was lvl 83 or something like that. AJ for a fixer to stay off his radar, many times I'd have a car or boat ready and he never knew. No sense avoidance perks, uncommon marathon, restful and a rare Lightfoot were my best perks back then. If you want to get outta QP why not try the communities? If you play ps4 I know there are many fun people to game with, and if you wanna play any kind of style you can because they work together. It's easy to lonewolf in a coordinated lobby, or jump in with them and work with the team.

I main Vanessa (first choice), Fox, and Tiffany when playing in both QP and Private Match. I used to main Tiffany and AJ prior to this patch.

15 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Again I play Chad, my pings are always going off, your more of a sneak base so you have less of the ping, if the whole lobby is dead then yes you'll be killed always. However there are perks and other things to help you, if your gonna lone wolf it then it should be harder for you, it shouldn't be easier for you to escape unless your with a group of people. Chad can't fix but yet I'm always fixing the cars/boats/phone whenever someone won't. I have a higher chance of dying then you because if I mess up I'm dead. So you having it harder is false. 

I'm just going to ask a question for clarity, when you said it should be harder to lone wolf, do you mean not as easy as with team work or harder than it has been with the past patches?

I primarily main Vanessa and Chad is not that much different in stats then her, so I'm failing to see how you have a higher chance of dying than myself. Also, I didn't claim I had it harder than you? (Sorry if I'm missing something there, very tired.)

"This game is harder with uncoordinated counselors. Also, I choose not to use the very tool that would allow me to coordinate. 

BROKEN GAME!!!"

• Haha 1