makeamericagreatagain94

Playing Jason has become too easy and boring

18 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

It is easy to lone wolf with her until you reach full fear and are in the middle of nowhere. Let’s say you are at Higgins Haven and Jason is tunneling you at Evergreen, you gotta start looping him through all four cabins onto Stillwater then to the barn and Higgins then take Jason on a loop-fest throughout Higgins Camp and Higgins Haven. You just gotta hope your teammates are doing something productive and get the car going or the cops called. You can’t let yourself get caught in the middle of nowhere and get yourself killed. Tiffany has the stamina to hold up really well but I’ve honestly had just as much luck with Jenny. Sure her stamina is only a 5 but it is enough to run from camp to camp and she doesn’t trip as often. Tiffany and Jenny are two of the best counselors to lone wolf/run away from Jason with.

I always run preparedness perk as well as Nightowl, really helps with her composure in the darkness. 

1 hour ago, Shadesofjoe said:

If you made her even marginally better at repair there would never, ever be a reason to play any other counselor. Spamming the skill checks, I can regularly fix things without making any mistakes even with her low repair skill. And I know I'm not the only one. Heck. I'm not even the best Vanessa in my play group, but I'd say I'm above average. So that means there are plenty of other people who can repair decently with her as well. And you say you want to make her better at fixing things? 

Come on. You have to know that's a ridiculous statement.

Lol. No kidding. Vanessa does NOT need better repair.

54 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

It's not a good players fault that bad players play in QP, and play in such a way that fucks over their team. The reason so many people complained last patch, was because it didn't matter how good a player was as Jason. The game slapped you on the hand and let the counselor escape via an overabundance of pocket knives. No skill involved there. Even now, it's 7 vs 1. You can't expect 7 people to be equal in power to the 1. (Well you can, but you'll never get it.)

That is so true.  Day one I realized that the name of the game is to "DELAY" Jason and get off the map as soon as you can.  The longer each counselor is able to stay alive until a escape option is available, the more likely more counselors will make it at the end.   The overabundance of PK obvious effected Jason, and usually its the Good Players that are able to secure more than one of them, which made THEM more able to delay Jason even further. 

The issue with players  like DorianRo is they are the exact player they accuse others of.  Wanting to lonewolf the entire game, playing selfishly with only their safety in mind, not effectively communicating with others,  complaining they cannot fight Jason 1v1 as they are tunneled.  Instead, why not play to ENHANCE other players experience, do actions that will benefit them while put yourself at risk.  Even if your the only one with a mic, just by communicating what your doing and where Jason is or chasing you does SOO MUCH for the success of everyone.  Does lobby sometimes derp around and nothing gets done, sure that can happen.  But having faith in other often bears nice surprises.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Lol. No kidding. Vanessa does NOT need better repair.

While we're at it, let also give her better composure and stealth ..... fuck it, just give her Tommy's stats.

Vanessa already as enough going for her, SHE DOESN'T NEED ANY MORE HELP!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Adam and Fox are 4-6 in speed, stamina, and repair...they are very versatile characters. I play Tiffany and Jenny a lot and tend to lone wolf and fix car/boat parts and I wind up doing most of the repairs because all the Deborah and AJ players in QP have no idea what to do and make themselves useful. It’s not an impossible task to fix with Tiffany, a lot of the time I can put the fuse in the box without screwing up a skill check and it is a piece of cake to fix with Jenny and those five skills checks. I don’t know why but a lot of times Lachappa players know what to do when it comes to fixing but if you give Deborah and AJ the fuse they’ll run away from the box that has NO traps or either they won’t pick up the fuse and I’m forced to fix it with Tiffany.

Indeed. I run Adam with Restful and Marathon to assist with his escapes and have Firecrackers in case Jason drops in on me first thing. 

As far as randoms? I don't put any faith in them. The ones I like best are usually the ones who give me keys or the fuse. QP is the wild west. 

2 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

It is easy to lone wolf with her until you reach full fear and are in the middle of nowhere. Let’s say you are at Higgins Haven and Jason is tunneling you at Evergreen, you gotta start looping him through all four cabins onto Stillwater then to the barn and Higgins then take Jason on a loop-fest throughout Higgins Camp and Higgins Haven. You just gotta hope your teammates are doing something productive and get the car going or the cops called. You can’t let yourself get caught in the middle of nowhere and get yourself killed. Tiffany has the stamina to hold up really well but I’ve honestly had just as much luck with Jenny. Sure her stamina is only a 5 but it is enough to run from camp to camp and she doesn’t trip as often. Tiffany and Jenny are two of the best counselors to lone wolf/run away from Jason with.

Looping is great. If you're playing with competent people (which is a crapshoot in QP), you know that time you're forcing the chase, others are getting shit done. Worst case scenario is maybe you'll run the clock down enough so the next guy can make it to 20:00. 

1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

That is so true.  Day one I realized that the name of the game is to "DELAY" Jason and get off the map as soon as you can.  The longer each counselor is able to stay alive until a escape option is available, the more likely more counselors will make it at the end.   The overabundance of PK obvious effected Jason, and usually its the Good Players that are able to secure more than one of them, which made THEM more able to delay Jason even further. 

The issue with players  like DorianRo is they are the exact player they accuse others of.  Wanting to lonewolf the entire game, playing selfishly with only their safety in mind, not effectively communicating with others,  complaining they cannot fight Jason 1v1 as they are tunneled.  Instead, why not play to ENHANCE other players experience, do actions that will benefit them while put yourself at risk.  Even if your the only one with a mic, just by communicating what your doing and where Jason is or chasing you does SOO MUCH for the success of everyone.  Does lobby sometimes derp around and nothing gets done, sure that can happen.  But having faith in other often bears nice surprises.

As noted above, looping and delaying are bread and butter. 

Yeah, I've noticed QP parties usually fuck themselves when you have people spending 10+ minutes in a closet, or standing beside a car, unwilling to fix it, or set off traps so others can. Shit like that.

Here's a quick anecdote for the laughs.  I had Jason on me from the start and it took seven or so minutes to finally drop me. What do I find? Of the five counselors in play, the four Debra's are all bunnies and dancing together in a cabin. Fox has gotten a car around and after some issues manages an escape. I come back as Tommy. I make sure I'm close to the Deb's as they all die one by one and when the two minute timer has gone off and a Deb is limping toward me begging for help? I use my healthspray on myself to remove the slight damage I had to take going through a broken window. Then I run off as Jason kills that clown

I'm hoping that the "how to play" gets an update with the new engine and some basic strategies are given. Maybe a placard with a notice "Hiding under a bed is great in small spurts, but Jason will eventually find you. Don't be a Chad, fix shit."

Ok again a big argument here seems to be about QP lobbies.

As someone who has played since launch on PS4 and ONLY played QP I can tell you its not as bad as some are making out. Even if you go in with just one or two other friends, youll be perfectly fine. Ive run into several players through QP that Ive become quick friends with because they either appreciate the help I've given them or out of mutual respect of skill. If you're going to try and "lone wolf" in QP one of the biggest tips I can give you is simply this.

Know the map and know the items spawns. Even though theyve altered some of the spawns, the objectives will still usually spawn in the same spot of specific cabin layouts in certain areas.

Keep and eye on your map. Even if youre not communicating with people you can still see what they are trying to do and determine where you can help. I myself have been stuck without a walkie several times on Pineherst but keeping an eye on things has helped.

If youre lone-wolfing use a pocketknife and dont tank a trap. If you're trying to be stealthy, why would you hold onto the knife as a get out of jail free card? Its selfish. Most Jasons dont know the trap icon changes when a trap is triggered.

Ive stated all this before when someones brought up "Ps4 QP" but as Ive seen in this thread there are SEVERAL others like myself on here. Ive run into a few on the forums here in QP too. I saw someone mention JuFred earlier and I happened to find him randomly in QP :D QP to me is more fun than Private matches because it adds the extra element of randomness and the unknown. Its the same reason I play with random characters. Ps4 QP is fine. Pay no attention to Dorian.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gummybish said:

I always run preparedness perk as well as Nightowl, really helps with her composure in the darkness. 

I run those on Tiff with nerves of steel, She's pretty awesome for protection and misdirection to assist stealthy characters. When I get the chance, I run her to blindside Jason when he's focused on a slow fixer. And run parts, when I know he's chasing a Chad or Vanessa.

12 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

As someone who has played since launch on PS4 and ONLY played QP I can tell you its not as bad as some are making out. Even if you go in with just one or two other friends, youll be perfectly fine. Ive run into several players through QP that Ive become quick friends with because they either appreciate the help I've given them or out of mutual respect of skill. If you're going to try and "lone wolf" in QP one of the biggest tips I can give you is simply this.

Know the map and know the items spawns. Even though theyve altered some of the spawns, the objectives will still usually spawn in the same spot of specific cabin layouts in certain areas.

Keep and eye on your map. Even if youre not communicating with people you can still see what they are trying to do and determine where you can help. I myself have been stuck without a walkie several times on Pineherst but keeping an eye on things has helped.

If youre lone-wolfing use a pocketknife and dont tank a trap. If you're trying to be stealthy, why would you hold onto the knife as a get out of jail free card? Its selfish. Most Jasons dont know the trap icon changes when a trap is triggered.

Ive stated all this before when someones brought up "Ps4 QP" but as Ive seen in this thread there are SEVERAL others like myself on here. Ive run into a few on the forums here in QP too. I saw someone mention JuFred earlier and I happened to find him randomly in QP :D QP to me is more fun than Private matches because it adds the extra element of randomness and the unknown. Its the same reason I play with random characters. Ps4 QP is fine. Pay no attention to Dorian.

I have actually become quite fond of getting two to four other players and partying up.  Could I do private lobbies?  Sure.  But I like the randomness of qp.  I don't necessarily like doing them alone, but I will.  

2 hours ago, Gummybish said:

I’ll never run the map perk on a counselor as I believe it is a waste of a perk slot when I can find a map in a drawer especially on a very familiar map like Higgins/Packanack/Crystal Lake. I usually run marathon, medic, and thick skinned on Tiffany...I wanna get rid of marathon but I am so attached to that on Tiffany, I use to have night owl on her a lot and I actually watched somebodies video on Twitch and he was chasing me with Part 3 Jason and I wasn’t being picked up by sense outside of a cabin with night owl on Tiffany. I don’t know why seeing how I had no stealth avoidance perks on her, but this was back in August. I would trade marathon and medic for level headed or night owl but those two perks have been my go to perks for Tiffany ever since I unlocked her and I’ll never get rid of thick skinned because that is always a handy perk for Jason’s who tend to only slash.

14 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

At this point Dorian needs to put up or show up .I just don't understand why This thread  had to go over seventeen pages over his "lone wolfing" worries. Dorian Just doesn't understand .Image result for i just dont understand meme

4 hours ago, DorianRo said:

What reason is there to even be another counselor in most QP lobbies outside the high Stamina/Speed counselors anyways this patch?  Ive said before if you have low Stamina/Speed you're going to DIE chances are in QP against a quality Jason. 9 times of 10 playing in lousy QP lobbies that aren't working together    I play as Fox who has some even distribution of Repair, Speed and Power any fact is under current patch situation 90 percent of the counselors are just useless wastes of space and WILL die at the hands of a decent to good Jason anyways.   

You have "group" like you said. So I wouldn't expect you to understand the different "Wild West' version of QP Random lobbies.  

A new patch with these types of things don't have to be implemented into the private match realm anyways.  This can be done just specifically for only QP 

I play about 10 QP matches a day. So please don't talk to me like I don't understand the "Wild West" that's out there. I survive just fine, thank you. In fact, I'm the one who ends up fixing most everything. 

As Vanessa.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

I play about 10 QP matches a day. So please don't talk to me like I don't understand the "Wild West" that's out there. I survive just fine, thank you. In fact, I'm the one who ends up fixing most everything. 

As Vanessa.

Survive just fine, repairing everything As Vanessa.  Whatever you say. :lol:     Id like to see the   quality of these Jason's you're playing if you're going full "Mitch Mode" as Vanessa 

1 minute ago, DorianRo said:

Survive just fine, repairing things.. As Vanessa.  Whatever you say. :lol:     Id like to see how he quality of these Jason's you're playing if you're going full "Mitch Mode" as Vanessa 

Out of all the "dumb" counselors, Vanessa is easy to repair with. You should really learn about this game some more. There are people that play ONLY Chad or Tiff and can repair without missing a click very reliably. Practice and experience my friend.

• Thanks 1

Vanessa is easy to repair with now?  Under duress against a quality Jason to repair all over the map like a cakewalk? I must be in the presence of F13h prodigies ROFLMAO.     Sorry if my "BS detector" goes off a bit but Ive been playing QP a pretty long  time too, (Quite a few matches a day) and I don't ever see this.  At least not on PS4 QP.   Not to the point where a LOUSY repair counselor going loneowolf in "random QP lobbies" are just going to start cars, boats and repair phones all over the map all by themselves. 

Im sure theres great players.  But thats a little "too much" for my taste,  Sure against crapola Jasons thats entirely possible.  Not quality ones 

3 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

At least not on PS4 QP.  

Stop using this as your excuses for everything. Myself and many others play in the same QP as you. 

Vanessa is in a weird position to where if you reset her minigame enough, you can get (I believe) 5 or 6 pips with a pretty decent size. Even if youre not confident with your speed at pressing buttons, just keep an eye on when Jason uses his abilities. Even Pt.2's morph doesnt recover fast enough if you start the objective right after you see him morph away. (I forget the timing but I thin its 15 seconds or so? @Alkavian can verify)

6 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

Stop using this as your excuses for everything. Myself and many others play in the same QP as you. 

Vanessa is in a weird position to where if you reset her minigame enough, you can get (I believe) 5 or 6 pips with a pretty decent size. Even if youre not confident with your speed at pressing buttons, just keep an eye on when Jason uses his abilities. Even Pt.2's morph doesnt recover fast enough if you start the objective right after you see him morph away. (I forget the timing but I thin its 15 seconds or so? @Alkavian can verify)

We'll all get together and play sometime.  I want to see how great everyone here is especially in  Random QP's where so many goofballs just hold on to crap and run around with stuff to repair objectives OR help Jason (Ive seen that a bit too lately) . .      Theres just too much narrative for my taste around here like "Oh I escape all time as a slow repair counselors,  I never have any problems with a slow SLUG repair Counselor. "  "I can repair the entire map with Vanessa"   Sorry but I just don't see things happening very often in QP.  Maybe PM.  Not QP.   The only time Im seeing a good crew of people escape is when the Jason's are SUB-PAR at best or they are all working together extremely well.  Not going off alone with a Dunce QP team and hit one objective after another and survive all these rounds. 

2 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Vanessa is easy to repair with now?  Under duress against a quality Jason to repair all over the map like a cakewalk? I must be in the presence of F13h prodigies ROFLMAO.     Sorry if my "BS detector" goes off a bit but Ive been playing QP a pretty long too, (Quite a few matches a day) and I don't ever see this.  At least not on PS4 QP.   Not to the point where a LOUSY repair counselor going loneowolf in "random QP lobbies" are just going to start cars, boats and repair phones all over the map

Now your REFUSING to believe other who have probably played more than you are .YOU are in your sixties level wise .Yes,once you get the pattern of hitting the skill checks right it becomes faster .You should just watch these said player playing the game .Matter a fact here's video proof of a Tiffany (Dumb and Fast counsellor )repairing.

20 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

Now your REFUSING to believe other who have probably played more than you are .YOU are in your sixties level wise .Yes,once you get the pattern of hitting the skill checks right it becomes faster .You should just watch these said player playing the game .Matter a fact here's video proof of a Tiffany (Dumb and Fast counsellor )repairing.

Most of my time has been spent mainly  ONLY playing as Jason and improving my situational awareness of the map.   Im close to 70 now and Ive generally just quit being a counselor focusing all my efforts only on Jason and adapting new strategies (both online and offline)  , and looking to   improve my shift-grabbing/defense in combat stance etc. .    I didn't say there weren't great players.  There definitely are in the game.  But unless you got an entire crew of great players in one lobby hitting all the objectives fast and hard it doesn't impress me. ,  I haven't played a QP lobby in a long time that I haven't completely wiped out.   1-2 great counselors just aren't going to scare me in QP.  I don't care how much experience they got. 

5-6 experienced counselors working in tandem.  Thats tough for sure.  1-2?  Nah 

58 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

? I must be in the presence of F13h prodigies ROFLMAO.     Sorry if my "BS detector" goes off a bit but Ive been playing QP a pretty long  time too, (Quite a few matches a day) and I don't ever see this. 

22 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

.    I didn't say there weren't great players. .  

So do you backtrack on this statement Now ? Your were saying you've never seen this before and I provided proof .On top of that you basically tried rejecting the notion of this ever happening in a good game with both being competent sides.Goodnight Dorian ,maybe tomorrow you'll extend this  to thirty pages over this "problem" and that you've never seen it in your presence.:)

59 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

I believe Part 2 recovers Morph at 20 seconds.

2 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

I believe Part 2 recovers Morph at 20 seconds.

Which seems like an eternity if you hear a trap go off just after you morph.

3 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Lol so true. 

24 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Yup. Definitely.

@DorianRo Is still going with this? I guess he found his stage to grandstand on. I almost wish I had a PS4 to take his challenge. I really hope somebody does...that is, if he even hitches his nuts up when the time comes. But, I'm pretty sure that it will just be ignored.

14 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

@DorianRo Is still going with this? I guess he found his stage to grandstand on. I almost wish I had a PS4 to take his challenge. I really hope somebody does...that is, if he even hitches his nuts up when the time comes. But, I'm pretty sure that it will just be ignored.

Well the problem is, from what Ive come to understand, is he wants to 1v1 people essentially. What he doesnt realize is that even if you're "lone wolfing" you still have other players to use as a distraction/bait