makeamericagreatagain94

Playing Jason has become too easy and boring

Thinking about it now, Just give players like Mitch more speed/Stamina.  or Give Vanessa higher Repair ability.  That in itself would help level the playing field a little bit 

4 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Thinking about it now, Just give players like Mitch more speed/Stamina.  or Give Vanessa higher Repair ability.  That in itself would help level the playing field a little bit 

The playing field is already more than level when good players are involved. Nothing needs to be done with the counselors. 

1 hour ago, Redrum138 said:

Yeah, good point! QP stats are meaningless, you want to try to kill lone wolves? We know some very good ones! Case in point, that very match Skunk's talking about. If @malloymk and a host of others were not keeping Jason busy, he might have been on us sooner and we might not have made it. You wanna test your skills? Take off the training wheels, and try catching the guy I tagged when he's using Vanessa in a lobby full of good players. He and JUFred using Tommy are the only ones to kill me so far, and Fred's pretty damn good too! Lone wolves thrive in a match with guys like them. If you can slay that lobby, you can brag. But QP? Come on...I have cleared nearly every lobby in QP I've ever faced, not saying much really. I'm not even all that good as Jason!

Thanks. Hell, EspeXspe is even better than me. She had me for about 7 minutes with Deb. 

3 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

The playing field is already more than level when good players are involved. Nothing needs to be done with the counselors. 

Disagree but whatever.  You apparently don't play QP on the PS4 where there isn't many good players at all at least ones that are communicating with each other 

22 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

But just 1-2 people trying to be proactive   mehh... Its the death sentence if you're going to go up against me.  ESPECIALLY if you have a low speed/Stamina counselor.

I was using Deb with a stamina perk.

So . . . you're saying that no two counselors -- not even working together or starting with a plan -- could EVER escape you in under five minutes? 

And if, by some stroke of sheer MADNESS, it *were* to happen, then it would be because of some unfair extenuating circumstance, and could therefore NOT be credited to the talents of the counselor players, or -- worse yet -- blamed on a mistake you might have made as Jason . . . ?

Just to be clear, this is the point we're discussing . . . ?

31 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

These aren't the friendliest people around here :)

I beg to differ, good sir. I happen to be the kindest sonofagun you'll ever meet. Ask any of these jerks!

^_^

1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I was using Deb with a stamina perk.

So . . . you're saying that no two counselors -- not even working together or starting with a plan -- could EVER escape you in under five minutes? 

And if, by some stroke of sheer MADNESS, it *were* to happen, then it would be because of some unfair extenuating circumstance, and could therefore NOT be credited to the talents of the counselor players, or -- worse yet -- blamed on a mistake you might have made as Jason . . . ?

Just to be clear, this is the point we're discussing . . . ?

I beg to differ, good sir. I happen to be the kindest sonofagun you'll ever meet. Ask any of these jerks!

^_^

I don't know about 5 minutes.. But yea.. If its just you two and a team of QP Duds, than yea... 

Just now, Cokeyskunk said:

I beg to differ, good sir. I happen to be the kindest sonofagun you'll ever meet. Ask any of these jerks!

^_^

Jerk here, but I don't really know you that well yet @Cokeyskunk 😂 

8 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Yea, the only 3 characters I play (Jenny, Vanessa, bluemoon Chad) so dealing with a 2 repair is routine for me.  I laugh everytime I repair with Tommy. :D  For Tiff and Bugzy, the skill checks isn't the problem..... its the time.... damn, a half min :unsure:

a tear sheds everytime i’m almost done with a repair without messing up with tiff then someone brings jason to me so i have to stop.

2 minutes ago, Riot_Dame said:

a tear sheds everytime i’m almost done with a repair without messing up with tiff then someone brings jason to me so i have to stop.

You gotta commit!

15 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

Jerk here, but I don't really know you that well yet @Cokeyskunk 😂 

No worries. You'll love me. I'm just the best. I give me 5 out of 5 stars.

15 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

I don't know about 5 minutes.. But yea.. If its just you two and a team of QP Duds, than yea... 

Okay, so now we're getting into the thick of it:

You're now saying that no one who is (ALL of the following):

• Good, AND . . . 
  • NOT coordinating or communicating anything with others, AND . . . 
  • Playing with a room full of "QP duds" . . . 

. . . could escape you as Jason . . . ?

6 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Disagree but whatever.  You apparently don't play QP on the PS4 where there isn't many good players at all at least ones that are communicating with each other 

I don't play QP on PS4, and let me tell you, I'm happy for that fact. With that, the fact is that Gun/Illfonic isn't going to do something just for QP, just for PS.

Imagine that QP on PS is like the air conditioning in a house.  If the way to fix that is Gun tearing out a wall, do you expect them to do it? Or do you expect something more in line with  them telling you to "open a window?" 

You play with the worst counselors the game has to offer and expect greatness. It's not going to happen. The whole game would have to re balanced to assume nobody is working together, or Jason would be nerfed. Do you honestly think that is going to happen?

QP isn't broken. It works when the player base plays as the game was developed for them to do so. If they don't want to do that, your options are

• Adapt. Maybe move onto private games. Maybe play with a few pals in QP and work with them. Maybe just expect that you'll die more often by going alone. 
  • Fail to adapt. Keep doing what you're doing and expect a different outcome. 
  • Move onto a new game.

I'm going to tell you a hard truth. Gun isn't going to intentionally nerf Jason, or boost counselors to where it makes Jason ineffective. You can whine about it until bedtime, but it isn't going to happen. My suggestion would be to adapt. You'll be happier for it. 

13 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Ok, lol. QP....... SO WHAT? Anyone on here could do that, his point is if you play forum members in private you will have more of a challenge. As I said I've cleared many lobbies in QP, I have only had a 7-7 once against theses guys! If you're on ps4 hit us up, we really are descent people! As long as you play straight up with no bullshit, you're more than welcome to join us.

26 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Thanks. Hell, EspeXspe is even better than me. She had me for about 7 minutes with Deb. 

Oh, don't remind me of Espe.... My Jason has nightmares about her Jenny! And that lead filled, kryptonite baseball bat of hers! Many tears were shed! Lol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Give Vanessa higher Repair ability.

If you made her even marginally better at repair there would never, ever be a reason to play any other counselor. Spamming the skill checks, I can regularly fix things without making any mistakes even with her low repair skill. And I know I'm not the only one. Heck. I'm not even the best Vanessa in my play group, but I'd say I'm above average. So that means there are plenty of other people who can repair decently with her as well. And you say you want to make her better at fixing things? 

Come on. You have to know that's a ridiculous statement.

• Thanks 1

As a Tiffany main I can't relate to any of this LOL, its not that hard to Lone Wolf with her. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

Ok, shit talker.  Here we go: (including myself), @malloymk, @Vaderspupil, @Cokeyskunk, @pioneer67fkd, @Bisconia, @Maddogg_8121, @hu_soldier13, or @Shadesofjoe would gladly take you up on that challenge.  I'd even go as far as to bet the loser never comes back to the forum, but have a feeling you wouldn't hold up your end if you agreed. 

Sorry, bud! I just had to fix your post and remove somebody from the list that didn't belong. ;)

22 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I don't play QP on PS4, and let me tell you, I'm happy for that fact. With that, the fact is that Gun/Illfonic isn't going to do something just for QP, just for PS.

Imagine that QP on PS is like the air conditioning in a house.  If the way to fix that is Gun tearing out a wall, do you expect them to do it? Or do you expect something more in line with  them telling you to "open a window?" 

You play with the worst counselors the game has to offer and expect greatness. It's not going to happen. The whole game would have to re balanced to assume nobody is working together, or Jason would be nerfed. Do you honestly think that is going to happen?

QP isn't broken. It works when the player base plays as the game was developed for them to do so. If they don't want to do that, your options are

• Adapt. Maybe move onto private games. Maybe play with a few pals in QP and work with them. Maybe just expect that you'll die more often by going alone. 
  • Fail to adapt. Keep doing what you're doing and expect a different outcome. 
  • Move onto a new game.

I'm going to tell you a hard truth. Gun isn't going to intentionally nerf Jason, or boost counselors to where it makes Jason ineffective. You can whine about it until bedtime, but it isn't going to happen. My suggestion would be to adapt. You'll be happier for it. 

Well first of all,  it wouldn't be like having to build a space shuttle to Mars type project to get a little balance in this game for all parties involved in QP.   There are little things that can be done to balance distribution of balance  for QP out.  It doesn't have to be some HUGE project where you have to re-vamp the entire game.    Im not gonna get into the "adapt" nonsense again.  The people that are spouting  "adapt or die" or the same people that enjoy Jason Destroying QP lobbies all the time that aren't complaining now but WERE complaining the last patch over counselors having a huge edge 

High Repair, High Speed/Stamina counselors is one aspect that can balance the game out a bit so Jason isn't just DESTROYING QP lobbies like we see now and everyone rage quitting 

13 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

If you made her even marginally better at repair there would never, ever be a reason to play any other counselor. Spamming the skill checks, I can regularly fix things without making any mistakes even with her low repair skill. And I know I'm not the only one. Heck. I'm not even the best Vanessa in my play group, but I'd say I'm above average. So that means there are plenty of other people who can repair decently with her as well. And you say you want to make her better at fixing things? 

Come on. You have to know that's a ridiculous statement.

What reason is there to even be another counselor in most QP lobbies outside the high Stamina/Speed counselors anyways this patch?  Ive said before if you have low Stamina/Speed you're going to DIE chances are in QP against a quality Jason. 9 times of 10 playing in lousy QP lobbies that aren't working together    I play as Fox who has some even distribution of Repair, Speed and Power any fact is under current patch situation 90 percent of the counselors are just useless wastes of space and WILL die at the hands of a decent to good Jason anyways.   

You have "group" like you said. So I wouldn't expect you to understand the different "Wild West' version of QP Random lobbies.  

A new patch with these types of things don't have to be implemented into the private match realm anyways.  This can be done just specifically for only QP 

20 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

You gotta commit!

i am committed.... to not dying. i was in a private once and had killed everyone but one and i stood next to him and let him finish putting the gas in the boat before killing him (he was tiffany and yelling at me)

3 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

As a Tiffany main I can't relate to any of this LOL, its not that hard to Lone Wolf with her. 

this is the most accurate post on this thread. people i play with who don’t main tiff will pick her when they want a more relaxed round. stamina characters saves lives.

6 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Well first of all,  it wouldn't be like having to build a space shuttle to Mars type project to get a little balance in this game for all parties involved in QP.   There are little things that can be done to balance distribution of balance  for QP out.  It doesn't have to be some HUGE project where you have to re-vamp the entire game.    Im not gonna get into the "adapt" nonsense again.  The people that are spouting  "adapt or die" or the same people that enjoy Jason Destroying QP lobbies all the time that aren't complaining now but WERE complaining the last patch over counselors having a huge edge 

High Repair, High Speed/Stamina counselors is one aspect that can balance the game out a bit so Jason isn't just DESTROYING QP lobbies like we see now and everyone rage quitting 

Again, any balance made most likely is something that is going to carry over. While there may be a few house rules (guns don't work on counselors in QP, for example) there are not going to be major shifts between the two. 

People destroying QP lobbies because they are good? Because they adapted? It's not a good players fault that bad players play in QP, and play in such a way that fucks over their team. The reason so many people complained last patch, was because it didn't matter how good a player was as Jason. The game slapped you on the hand and let the counselor escape via an overabundance of pocket knives. No skill involved there. Even now, it's 7 vs 1. You can't expect 7 people to be equal in power to the 1. (Well you can, but you'll never get it.)

High repair, high speed, high stamina mixes. Sure, lets make the rest of the cast obsolete. But with what we have now, I can say I find Adam to sort of fill that role. He isn't La Chappa at fixing, or Chad at running, but he can do both well enough in skilled hands. I get away a majority of the time using him in QP.

With that, I'm taking at least a few hours off from the thread. If you want to continue to make baseless comments, I'm sure I'll be back to debunk them later.

Off topic, Just played FOUR QP lobbies.  No ONE person with a mic.  ROFLMAO.  Good lord 

38 minutes ago, Riot_Dame said:

i am committed.... to not dying. 

Lol. C'mon! Take one for the team. 

Just now, The Tommy said:

Lol. C'mon! Take one for the team. 

i do take one for the team at the phone, the car? nope. not important enough with the rubber band glitch.

41 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Again, any balance made most likely is something that is going to carry over. While there may be a few house rules (guns don't work on counselors in QP, for example) there are not going to be major shifts between the two. 

People destroying QP lobbies because they are good? Because they adapted? It's not a good players fault that bad players play in QP, and play in such a way that fucks over their team. The reason so many people complained last patch, was because it didn't matter how good a player was as Jason. The game slapped you on the hand and let the counselor escape via an overabundance of pocket knives. No skill involved there. Even now, it's 7 vs 1. You can't expect 7 people to be equal in power to the 1. (Well you can, but you'll never get it.)

High repair, high speed, high stamina mixes. Sure, lets make the rest of the cast obsolete. But with what we have now, I can say I find Adam to sort of fill that role. He isn't La Chappa at fixing, or Chad at running, but he can do both well enough in skilled hands. I get away a majority of the time using him in QP.

With that, I'm taking at least a few hours off from the thread. If you want to continue to make baseless comments, I'm sure I'll be back to debunk them later.

Adam and Fox are 4-6 in speed, stamina, and repair...they are very versatile characters. I play Tiffany and Jenny a lot and tend to lone wolf and fix car/boat parts and I wind up doing most of the repairs because all the Deborah and AJ players in QP have no idea what to do and make themselves useful. It’s not an impossible task to fix with Tiffany, a lot of the time I can put the fuse in the box without screwing up a skill check and it is a piece of cake to fix with Jenny and those five skills checks. I don’t know why but a lot of times Lachappa players know what to do when it comes to fixing but if you give Deborah and AJ the fuse they’ll run away from the box that has NO traps or either they won’t pick up the fuse and I’m forced to fix it with Tiffany.

1 hour ago, Gummybish said:

It is easy to lone wolf with her until you reach full fear and are in the middle of nowhere. Let’s say you are at Higgins Haven and Jason is tunneling you at Evergreen, you gotta start looping him through all four cabins onto Stillwater then to the barn and Higgins then take Jason on a loop-fest throughout Higgins Camp and Higgins Haven. You just gotta hope your teammates are doing something productive and get the car going or the cops called. You can’t let yourself get caught in the middle of nowhere and get yourself killed. Tiffany has the stamina to hold up really well but I’ve honestly had just as much luck with Jenny. Sure her stamina is only a 5 but it is enough to run from camp to camp and she doesn’t trip as often. Tiffany and Jenny are two of the best counselors to lone wolf/run away from Jason with.

• Like 1

People actually get to be Jason in this game?!! I've been playing for a week straight. 10 or so matches a night, and not once have I been Jason. He's my spawn preference. It would be kinda cool to actually play as the main character once in a while.