makeamericagreatagain94

Playing Jason has become too easy and boring

5 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Okay. Others define it simply as creating one's own escape objectives, then fulfilling them all without any coordinated help. This is easily achieved in both QP and private matches just by not using mics.

Yes, this is the correct uses.

5 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

If so, he is sorely mistaken. 

I'll take "Lachappa Solo Via the Boat" for $200, Alex.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

If you honestly think this game needs to be balanced around 1 vs 1...  Because Jason targeted you.  You are out of your damn mind.

Exactly.  Being able to fight Jason by yourself and survive for the entire 20 mins isn't going to happen, unless you're really luck, a exceptionally bad Jason, or a little of both.  A measurement of a good counselor is how long you can "delay" Jason while he is solo tunneling you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Sooooooo . . . I wonder how he feels he'd do in a private match with the lot of us not using mics -- and thereby, not "coordinated"? I have to assume he believes our skill is wholly comprised of our ability to communicate with one another and act as a sort of "hive mind."

If I recall correctly, a lot of people still die in the PMs I've been with you in. The only time that doesn't seem to occur is when whoever is playing Jason is a good counselor, but not a good Jason. 

Not sure why this double posted, delete?

13 hours ago, DorianRo said:

I don't care how good or experienced that "lone wolf" is.  1 on 1 they are no match for a veteran Jason chances are.  Its stuff like that that needs to be fixed.   

In a 7 vs 1 game.  a 'lone wolf' player should not be a match for Jason. If that was true, then Jason would be screwed in any 2 on 1 or worse scenario

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

This is completely idiotic.  Lone wolfing is something that just happens because you're alone and start trying to do objectives...by yourself.  Lone Wolfing depends  on Jason not finding and chasing you... All the while you get objectives done while Jason is busying Chasing and killing OTHER PLAYERS.   

If you honestly think this game needs to be balanced around 1 vs 1...  Because Jason targeted you.  You are out of your damn mind. 

You're last line in what i quoted.  "Everyone runs out of crap to throw and sooner or later everyone loses stamina"..  And?  AAAAAAND?      You're basically describing the game play mechanics of the this game.    You're not supposed to be able to beat Jason up and survive for 20 mins with ease.

Once you hear the traps or a repair going on you should stop what you're doing and morph to the objective.  Lonewolfing is the primary form of play on QP and its a terribly weak form of play under current patch situation with little success rate  but its STILL the 99 percent form of play in QP lobbies (at least on the PS4).  Even though this new patch has been out a while now, hardly ANY QP lobbies have adapted to team play.  So what needs to be done?  Give the counselor's their crap back and, help their stamina replenishment once again, and put some power back into their hands. 

If we haven't had any communicating/working together happen yet in QP after all these months , I can't imagine its gonna happen in the future :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Even though this new patch has been out a while now, hardly ANY QP lobbies have adapted to team play.  So what needs to be done?  Give the counselor's their crap back and, help their stamina replenishment once again, and put some power back into their hands. 

They already have the power of communication. Just because most players don't use it, doesn't mean it isn't there. Giving them their crap back would just push the game farther away from one where communicating is key, which is not the direction I want to see the game go.

9 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Once you hear the traps or a repair going on you should stop what you're doing and morph to the objective.  Lonewolfing is the primary form of play 

Lone Wolfing requires JASON to be chasing/killing other players..   Soloing objectives, while jason is preoccupied.  

Other players 'failing' objectives and giving off sound ques,  and triggering traps is what you NEED as a lone wolf.  Because JASON can't be everywhere at once.  And if hes not on You.. hes on another player.   When others distract jason.. thats your chance to 'lone wolf'.

They will never balances this game for 1 vs 1.   Its just not going to happen.   Also lone wolfing is NOT the primary from of play.     it just happens..regardless if players are working together or not.  

5 minutes ago, MRWood204 said:

They already have the power of communication. Just because most players don't use it, doesn't mean it isn't there. Giving them their crap back would just push the game farther away from one where communicating is key, which is not the direction I want to see the game go.

But the point is that after all these months, there is STILL hardly any communication in QP.  So whether you want to believe communicating is key or not, the reality of QP is it doesn't exist.   And I hate to break the news to anyone, it STILL won't exist in the future.  And the fact, more people play QP than PM

1 minute ago, DorianRo said:

But the point is that after all these months, there is STILL hardly any communication in QP.  So whether you want to believe communicating is key or not, the reality of QP is it doesn't exist.   And I hate to break the news to anyone, it STILL won't exist in the future.  And the fact, more people play QP than PM

I get what you are saying, but it is still there, the player base just chooses not to use it.

And sometimes you just need to be the first person to say something, I've had quite a few lobbies that were silent until someone actually said something.

But the point is that after all these months, there is STILL hardly any communication in QP.  So whether you want to believe communicating is key or not, the reality of QP is it doesn't exist.   

Don't really need to 'communicate'..     

See objectives.. Do Objectives.   By Default team work will happen if players do objectives.  While objectives are done people die.  If you can't take dying.. stop playing this game.  its a numbers game.. Some need to die, giving time for others to escape. 

Besides, Most players in QP play objectives.. and help others.     You need to stop painting everyone as trash players in QP.  I know full well how bad it can be..  But you trying to paint every single lobby as all trash players that never escape is complete bS.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Why don't you just make friends here on the forums and play private as often as possible? QP should be reserved for last resort.

39 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

If we haven't had any communicating/working together happen yet in QP after all these months , I can't imagine its gonna happen in the future :rolleyes:

... I work together with other players in QP every night..  Since release.      

Maybe you're just too unaware of whats going on in the game.  You probably don't notice whats going on.   Maybe, you're the problem?

5 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Besides, Most players in QP play objectives.. and help others.     You need to stop painting everyone as trash players in QP.  I know full well how bad it can be..  But you trying to paint every single lobby as all trash players that never escape is complete bS.

Agreed. I feel like I am lucky in QP matches, as most of what I read on these forums is how they are complete garbage. It's all I play, and rarely do I encounter a group who aren't somehow working together.

Some cars drive other people over, most of them will wait for someone and pick them up. The only issue I have with QP is Vanessas wanting to fix something while I stand behind them as Deb (I usually don't stand there, once I see that happening I get out of there knowing full well that Jason will probably hear a screw up)

9 minutes ago, MRWood204 said:

Agreed. I feel like I am lucky in QP matches, as most of what I read on these forums is how they are complete garbage. It's all I play, and rarely do I encounter a group who aren't somehow working together.

Some cars drive other people over, most of them will wait for someone and pick them up. 

I learned a long time ago not to trust players in a car. If i see a car role up i stop behind a solid object.  Can't even count how many times i've scene people try and smash into me only to smash into a tree or fence.  OR they pull up and wait..  all cool allowing me to jump in the car.

I understand totally that QP is a crap shoot.  You get all kinds of players doing all kinds of things.  But to paint everyone as useless and not playing the game correctly and NOT doing objectives is not true.   And his whole base for his argument is centered around a lie of no one working together.

Hell, some people communicate with flash light clicks and emotes.   *Click Click Click with flashlight = Come with me..   *Click CliCk near trap with flash light = Please step in trap if you have 1st aid..     This is basic team work and communication in qp and i see it regularly.

17 hours ago, DorianRo said:

I'll take up anyone's offer on PS4 to think they can "lone-wolf me" to success.  GUARANTEE It won't happen though.    You're not gonna Lonewolf me when I got Part IV Jason.  You may be able to team up and escape in a coordinated effort, but you aint gonna lone wolf me 

I *will* tell you that @Redrum138 and myself were playing this past week, and I don't care how good a Jason you are, you wouldn't have stopped us from escaping that round. 

And we never said a word to each other until the last 30 or so seconds of the round.

I spawned at Higgins Haven and made a beeline for the barn. I immediately found gas.

I checked the map -- and there was a boat just south of me, past the bridge.

I grabbed the gas and jogged the whole way to the boat. And there was Redrum--

. . . with the propeller.

"Hey! What timing!" said I.

We popped the parts on, and just as SOON as the last part was on, "WAAAAHHHH!!!" Jason's music hits.

He shows up while Redrum is starting the boat.

Jason's closing in on me . . . closer, closer -- meanwhile, I'm SPAMMING the action button to climb in.

As SOON as Jason gets within grab range, my "climb in" animation kicks in, and I slip his grab.

Redrum takes off, and Jason walks off the dock and pursues. He has NO morph because he just morphed there.

He stays just behind us for most of the ride, then morphs to the gate.

Redrum slipped right past him, and we were OUT.

Time playing: 3:30.

Then, Miller Time.

My point? We "lone-wolfed" it for the whole match. We coordinated NOTHING and still escaped a high-quality Jason in minutes.

It HAPPENS. And if it has not happened to you, @DorianRo, it shall. 

None of us are bulletproof in this game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just got tagged earlier by @RustInPeace so I'm late to the thread. Let me see if I can understand this...

Dorian is boasting that he can kill any inexperienced counselor in a QP lobby who wants to "lone wolf" him, despite the fact that "lone wolfing" (i.e., going 1v1 against Jason in this example) is probably not an optimal strategy for 98 percent of players and any other counselor besides Vanessa?

That's kind of an odd thing to brag about.

It also is kind of telling. Because if you had ever really been kited by a good Vanessa player, you would know how insanely frustrating it can be. But if you're only going off QP experience, then yeah, I could see where you might think you're amazing.

The one-eyed man is king in the land of the blind, after all.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cokeyskunk said:

My point? We "lone-wolfed" it for the whole match. We coordinated NOTHING and still escaped a high-quality Jason in minutes.

Yeah, good point! QP stats are meaningless, you want to try to kill lone wolves? We know some very good ones! Case in point, that very match Skunk's talking about. If @malloymk and a host of others were not keeping Jason busy, he might have been on us sooner and we might not have made it. You wanna test your skills? Take off the training wheels, and try catching the guy I tagged when he's using Vanessa in a lobby full of good players. He and JUFred using Tommy are the only ones to kill me so far, and Fred's pretty damn good too! Lone wolves thrive in a match with guys like them. If you can slay that lobby, you can brag. But QP? Come on...I have cleared nearly every lobby in QP I've ever faced, not saying much really. I'm not even all that good as Jason!

• Thanks 1

Why is this thread still going strong? I thought it was already been answered in the first page! :wacko:

3 hours ago, MRWood204 said:

I get what you are saying, but it is still there, the player base just chooses not to use it.

And sometimes you just need to be the first person to say something, I've had quite a few lobbies that were silent until someone actually said something.

Agreed, they choose not to use it.  But it its still problem isn't it?    Maybe people just don't like communicating,.  I don't know .  But why press the whole communication aspect of the game with very few people communicating? 

On 3/11/2018 at 3:00 PM, DorianRo said:

Lonewolf against me, You won't last long this patch going 1 on 1. Unless you're Vanessa. .  You definitely won't survive, I can PROMISE you that. ,.    Lonewolf against any quality Jason that knows what their doing, you won't last long.   Lonewolfing is the death nail in this game against a decent Jason unless you get lucky and spawn to a good location and get to objectives real quick.  But a good Jason is going to morph here first (or they should). 

So the only other alternative is to work in groups and coordinate and as we all know, it just isn't conducive to QP 

Eh. I dunno. Depends on if you want to kill just me or a majority. Odds are by the time you realize I've got the two seater together, it's too late. Or I'll just call the police and make you scramble. The one way I'd be in trouble would be if you tunneled me early, and the one way you'd know to do that is by virtue of our convo here. 

If QP isn't working for you, adapt.

Or don't, I don't care. Your happiness doesn't matter one way or the other to me. 

23 hours ago, Riot_Dame said:

it takes 1 fixer character with 1 pocket knife to call the cops. epic cops perk? jason now has 3 1/2 minutes to kill 8 people. they can all lone wolf it at this point and more than half will survive. when i’m in QP i automatically go for the phone, and more often than not the cops are called and most of the lobby escapes.

Killing 8 people in 3.5 minutes? That's not hard at all! Jason is too easy and boring. Title of the thread says so. 

23 hours ago, DorianRo said:

. Like what??   Sure against a lousy Jason, escaping is possible.  But still not cakewalk easy.  You can get caught. .  Against quality Jasons and on lousy teams, Escaping is borderline IMPOSSIBLE in QP.  I don't care how good you are.  Non-Communicative QP is frustrating against quality Jasons for even the best of the best players of this game. Between slowing the car down to, Stamina Replenishment decline for the counselors, speeding Jason up  etc.    

That's how it should be. 

I'm going to dumb it down and explain this to you. If in QP, with a lousy team, avoid Jason, let the next guy die while you fix the two seat vehicle, and escape. You can still use a bad team as cannon fodder, or you can die. Is it a perfect setup? Nope. But if you want that, you should gather a like minded group and play privately. 

It's not rocket science. Hell, it isn't even regular science. It's just common sense. 

4 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Why don't you just make friends here on the forums and play private as often as possible? QP should be reserved for last resort.

These aren't the friendliest people around here :)

These aren't the friendliest people around here :)

We're pretty friendly. We just get tired of debunking the same bullshit day in and day out. 

Go make friends. Have a better experience. Maybe you'll be less obnoxious here when Jason isn't able to beat you game after game with ease.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I *will* tell you that @Redrum138 and myself were playing this past week, and I don't care how good a Jason you are, you wouldn't have stopped us from escaping that round. 

And we never said a word to each other until the last 30 or so seconds of the round.

I spawned at Higgins Haven and made a beeline for the barn. I immediately found gas.

I checked the map -- and there was a boat just south of me, past the bridge.

I grabbed the gas and jogged the whole way to the boat. And there was Redrum--

. . . with the propeller.

"Hey! What timing!" said I.

We popped the parts on, and just as SOON as the last part was on, "WAAAAHHHH!!!" Jason's music hits.

He shows up while Redrum is starting the boat.

Jason's closing in on me . . . closer, closer -- meanwhile, I'm SPAMMING the action button to climb in.

As SOON as Jason gets within grab range, my "climb in" animation kicks in, and I slip his grab.

Redrum takes off, and Jason walks off the dock and pursues. He has NO morph because he just morphed there.

He stays just behind us for most of the ride, then morphs to the gate.

Redrum slipped right past him, and we were OUT.

Time playing: 3:30.

Then, Miller Time.

What counselors do you play as?   You jogged the whole time to get objectives with no stamina all the way to the boat? I'll combat stance double trap the boat if I have to and just stick around in the area and not leave until I get my kills.     An experiences Jason isn' going to let that happen if they have good situational awareness and the rest of the team is crapola and not producing on their end.  . .    IF you insist on slow counselors for instance with High Repair, welll Im going for them first and leave the Vanessas/Bugzys last who have lousy repair and less objective based games after I trap everything.   They are the easiest the kill, and the quickest to grab . 

Yes you can only do so much against an entire lobby of very good players communicating and chances are someone is going to escape.  But just 1-2 people trying to be proactive   mehh... Its the death sentence if you're going to go up against me.  ESPECIALLY if you have a low speed/Stamina counselor.   Now if you're a great Vanessa, Yea I'll struggle a bit.  Jogging/Repair counselors going slow though? 

If you play the game enough, you can get a general idea on who's being proactive and who isn't and who's got and who's not  by their movement and the various nuances of the game  etc.   Those ones go first.  Leave the TRASH that isn't going anything for the end, 

Situational Awareness.  Thats basically the key of this game.   Now, I will admit its a different story when going up against an ENTIRE lobby of great players. But that isn't the reality of QP.  Generally you have 1-2 really good player, 2-3 so so players, and 2 that are just useless,

The only time I generally see any real headway in QP is if people are blitz striking the objectives all at once quickly .   At least against a Jason that knows what their doing.. 

But in QP, I may see that happen once every 3 weeks maybe.  it doesn't have often