makeamericagreatagain94

Playing Jason has become too easy and boring

13 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Anyways,, 

Anyways, yes show me how to "lone wolf" I would LOVE to see someone try to lone-wolf me as My Part 4 Jason  in QP with a bunch uncoordinated goofy QP lobby players and seven years old screaming into Headsets .  That should be fun to see. :D

I'd take you up on that, but I remember you play on PS4.  If someone takes him up on this, please post match videos :D.

7 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

This is my last reply to you, I starting to believe you're trolling for the attention here since you never talk about anything else except "Jason is OP in QP.   This is a survival game.  When we were all new, we died a lot and often.  As we continue playing, we are continuously sharpening our survival techniques and strategies.  Of course Jason is going to benefit from "lone wolfing", "uncommunicative" and "selfish" play.  Each game in QP is different, and while I do enjoy playing with a crew, the varieties and challenges QP gives me keeping the game interesting.  If you cannot (or unwilling to) improve, make changes, and adapt to improve your survival chances, well then, you are just stubborn and prefer to cry about it rather than doing something about it.

BTW, just because a lobby has no one on mic doesn't mean players aren't commuincating with each other.  There are other ways to read and respond to others than though voice.  Heck, some games with players with mics can be MORE USELESS then those without.

Exactly  ,since the beginning  of this  this game , I have never used a Mic to communicate .I use either flashes or Emotes to communicate with other counsellors.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

Isn't Jason supposed to be OP as hell... 

tenor.gif

For the purposes of the movies.  Yes.  For the purposes of the current game structure?  Mehh.. Shouldn't be IMHO.  

1 hour ago, RustInPeace said:

Ok, shit talker.  Here we go: (including myself), @malloymk, @Vaderspupil, @Cokeyskunk, @j03audette, @pioneer67fkd, @Bisconia, @Maddogg_8121, @hu_soldier13, or @Shadesofjoe would gladly take you up on that challenge.  I'd even go as far as to bet the loser never comes back to the forum, but have a feeling you wouldn't hold up your end if you agreed. 

Thanks for the mention. Fact of the matter is I'm not as talented as some of you guys.  Especially now.  I just like to fuck around with Jason now and figure out what does and doesn't work.  I've learned some things recently that I should stop trying to do.  That's good.  I just let people talk.  In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean shit.  It's a game.  If these people have to brag about how good they are at something, it just means they suck in another area.  Maybe as counselor, maybe they just suck at real life.  Who knows.  Anyways, don't let it get to ya.  It isn't that hard to go 8/8 in a public.  Even I've done it and I'm quite possibly the worst Jason on the forum here.  I can't compensate for the 1-2 second delay on every action I try.  That's what happens though when you have backwoods country internet.  

I would be willing to say though that Malloy could be the only counselor in any lobby against any Jason and last the full 20 minutes. 

Im not bragging. (Hell Im not even that good a counselor)   Its the simple fact if you got enough Jason matches under your belt (A good 2-4 months worth at least of consistent play and picking up new things and understanding the nuances of the game)  in QP, lone wolfs will die sooner or later in this patch  if the rest of the team isn't doing anything.   I don't care how good or experienced that "lone wolf" is.  1 on 1 they are no match for a veteran Jason chances are.  Its stuff like that that needs to be fixed.  Im sure everything is hunky dory in private matches, but this isn't the case in QP under the current situation.  Because like I said everyone runs out of crap to throw at you sooner or later and everyone loses stamina (its not more difficult to get it back now quickly enough than before and with the lack of weapons to stifle him its infinitely more difficult against a veteran Jason. 

7 hours ago, DorianRo said:

Fact is, the QP lobbies aren't "adapting"  to the current patch. . . 

Fact is, citation required.

11 hours ago, Riot_Dame said:

i usually mess up with the last tick bc i’m nervous at that point.

Same. Sometimes I can do it with no errors at all. It's rare, though.

11 hours ago, DorianRo said:

Vanessa's are the most annoying to chase but their repair skills are pathetic so its best just to wait at the end to kill them off while you go for the most useless slow repair driven counselors first.  And a lot of times you can get them with Stalk mixed with your Shift/Grab and catch them off guard

Vanessa's repair skill is better than you think it is...

8 hours ago, DorianRo said:

I'll take up anyone's offer on PS4 to think they can "lone-wolf me" to success.  GUARANTEE It won't happen though.    You're not gonna Lonewolf me when I got Part IV Jason.  You may be able to team up and escape in a coordinated effort, but you aint gonna lone wolf me 

There are some expert counselors out there that would school you something serious....

8 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

Ok, shit talker.  Here we go: (including myself), @malloymk, @Vaderspupil, @Cokeyskunk, @j03audette, @pioneer67fkd, @Bisconia, @Maddogg_8121, @hu_soldier13, or @Shadesofjoe would gladly take you up on that challenge.  I'd even go as far as to bet the loser never comes back to the forum, but have a feeling you wouldn't hold up your end if you agreed. 

If these guys didn't stop playing, then do NOT take this challenge. lol

@Maddogg_8121 Yeah, I'm not 1/2 the counselor that I used to be, either. I'm still decent, but I don't escape as easily as I used to in a more difficult version of this game. My hiatus during the pinata Jason patches really atrophied my skill.

1 hour ago, Caulus said:

Vanessa's repair skill is better than you think it is...

There are some expert counselors out there that would school you something serious....

If these guys didn't stop playing, then do NOT take this challenge. lol

@Maddogg_8121 Yeah, I'm not 1/2 the counselor that I used to be, either. I'm still decent, but I don't escape as easily as I used to in a more difficult version of this game. My hiatus during the pinata Jason patches really atrophied my skill.

I've been playing DbD as well so it usually takes me a couple of matches to get back into the swing of things on f13.  I hit the wrong buttons at first.  But, I don't take the game seriously anymore so I don't even try to escape most of the time.  I will if I see an opening, but most of the time I'm focusing on learning things I probably should have known already or stuff I need to get better at.  

9 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

Definitely not trying to challenge any of you guys, but damn if I'm not curious to see some of the best in action.

2 hours ago, Caulus said:

Same. Sometimes I can do it with no errors at all. It's rare, though.

i used to play tiffany all the time and had finally gotten to the point where i could repair it without messing up but then i took some time off the game so now i mess up on the last tick 10/10 times, so i use deb more often than not. i admire people who don’t mess up with dumb characters. it took me a while to get there.

1 hour ago, Riot_Dame said:

i used to play tiffany all the time and had finally gotten to the point where i could repair it without messing up but then i took some time off the game so now i mess up on the last tick 10/10 times, so i use deb more often than not. i admire people who don’t mess up with dumb characters. it took me a while to get there.

Yea, the only 3 characters I play (Jenny, Vanessa, bluemoon Chad) so dealing with a 2 repair is routine for me.  I laugh everytime I repair with Tommy. :D  For Tiff and Bugzy, the skill checks isn't the problem..... its the time.... damn, a half min :unsure:

12 hours ago, DorianRo said:

I said,  "lone wolfing".   I never said a coordinated effort of veteran friends together   on mics   going for objectives.  Yea..:rolleyes:

Trying to challenge people to a 1v1 in an asymmetrical multiplayer game. 

This isnt CoD or Halo. You.....DO understand how this game is suppose to work, right?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

You.....DO understand how this game is suppose to work, right?

He doesn't. Hence this never-ending thread (and waaaaay too many others) :ajsaltbae:

This thread is becoming rather stupid...

Stoney, Dorian and a couple of their friends are basically blaming the game and its mechanics for bad players in QP? Its like I was demanding autoaim for bad players on rainbow6siege because they can't beat seasoned vets. 

Simple logic. The more you play, the better you get. That should define the gameplay.

Since this dumbass thread began, I've mostly played qp and I strongly dissagree with most of the things your saying. 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2018 at 7:46 PM, Ghostboy20 said:

Again I have pointed how many ways for you to survive even with a slow counselors. Jason will always go for repairs because they will fix everything, you want to run, don't run! Plain and simple.

The game is more for Jason which it should be since he is the main focus, your goal is to survive or die by the man. You can accept you can't escape every game because QP is a wild west of players, you can't always escape unless you plan on working as a team with a good group or if your lucky find a group already in games working together, if your gonna lone wolf it learn to better use your character, you are slow so don't run everywhere. 

?

The only way to survive as a repair counselor is to not be seen and have good defense: another player to defend you, firecrackers, med sprays, pocket knives, flare guns, shotguns, or bats - once you run out of stamina you run out of stamina. Once you run out of defense you run out of defense - which happens fairly quickly with this new patch. Serious question - do you think that each round you're going to find firecrackers or pocket knifes? Flare guns? Shotguns? More than likely med sprays.. but the others you can't just assume someone finds at least one of those other 3 mentioned. I've had incredible shitty games where all I found was a med spray or two and a bat. I make it work though - because I often main fast counselors and my speed is my primary defense. Can't say the same for the other 9 remaining counselors.

You cannot lonewolf as a repair counselor and expect to escape with this current update, which is your objective. No one should  play this game and expect to die, they should expect to be able to achieve their goal, it doesn't have work out 100% of the time, not even 50% of the time, but to outright expect to die because of balancing issues is a problem. You will die unless you're very skilled and Jason isn't competent. I made a list a while ago about what wagers a good Jason from a bad Jason and the same for counselors, if you care to see what exactly I'm referring to when I say "incompetent Jasons."

Repair the car? Slingshot glitch. Car is also very slow, so you'd better have on a good Lead Foot but oh wait - you'd have to give up a more important perk for that? Marathon? Restful? Medic? My Dad's a Cop? Hmm... The car currently feeds Jason counselors, because it's too slow and buggy. If the Jason has +shift, you might as well not even try, unless of course like I have said numerous times, the Jason isn't good. The car needs its original forward speed back, but the reverse speed should stay the same because that's more realistic and less nerfy to Jason.

Repair the boat? Better hope Jason doesn't look at his map and you don't mess up! On PineHurst or Jarvis? Good luck!

Repair the phone box? Better hope Jason didn't set traps or you'd best have a knife! Oh wait - he placed 2 good ones? Sheesh...

Majority of users obviously use QP. How does tailoring the game to befit only private match users make any sense? I guess you could argue that causing it to befit only QP users also doesn't make any sense, which is why there needs to be something implemented to cater to this issue. Perhaps making people with the same general level join the same lobby? Have the options to customize map load outs for PM?

I now feel even adding other means of counselor defense would still make it unfair for one side or the other, there seriously needs to be a resolution to this, and according to @Alkavian's poll, it seems the community is in favor of balancing the game and like he said, the problem is finding a solution on how to do so that most people agree with. Even just fixing the hit detection is a very good step in the right direction - for both Jason and counselors. Apparently reverting the item spawn back to it's state prior to the item spawn glitch, is not the solution people here want - because some how it renders Jason useless even though that wasn't the case before.

The point isn't about running everywhere when Jason isn't pursuing you - it's about when he is. (I'm not talking about playing Deborah as if you were Tiffany, as in running objectives to and fro.) When Jason shifts - you need stamina and speed to juke. Your best bet is to get inside a cabin since you will run out of stamina if you don't regen, but there's only so many cabins in each game and the closeness of the cabins to each other depends on the map. Once a cabin door is broken, Jason can easily shift on you if you're not smart... if you're not skilled. Skilled players are smart players. You can only run for so long with a slow counselor... Jason also can break windows to prevent you from using cabins so often as a means of stamina regen and protection... you can't expect - especially slow counselors - to always be running thick skinned and medic. As I have said before, it's wrong to also assume people have perks they might not have. 

You are also very very aware that Jason is literally impossible to bypass when he blocks.... right?

@lasse_hei 

Care to tag next time?

"Friends"? The only people I would remotely consider friends on this forum are @Cokeyskunk and @Rexfellis

I can't speak for the other people, but I'm definitely not vouching for the game being tailored to befit bad players...

Not using teamwork/communication in order to survive does not render you a bad player. Dying almost every match because you don't have a buddy system since you don't have adequate defense, does not render you a bad player. Dying because even though you had a buddy, Jason blocks their attacks or turns away with you when he grabbed you so he couldn't be hit and you set free (a smart Jason), does not render you a bad player. Yes people do make grave errors when playing in QP because it's filled mainly with inexperienced players, but that doesn't mean that everyone in QP is a bad player and dies because they're stupid. 99% of the time I'm the last man standing or I escape.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

He doesn't. Hence this never-ending thread (and waaaaay too many others) :ajsaltbae:

But Dorian is a top tier Jason in the level sixties so he cant be wrong:lol:

13 hours ago, DorianRo said:

I'll take up anyone's offer on PS4 to think they can "lone-wolf me" to success.  GUARANTEE It won't happen though.    You're not gonna Lonewolf me when I got Part IV Jason.  You may be able to team up and escape in a coordinated effort, but you aint gonna lone wolf me 

13 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

13 hours ago, DorianRo said:

I said,  "lone wolfing".   I never said a coordinated effort of veteran friends together   on mics   going for objectives.  Yea..:rolleyes:

But . . . you just . . . said . . . oy, nevermind. <_<

Okay, many people's exact definition of "lone wolfing" tends to vary. What is your precise definition of being a "lone wolf"?

(BTW Rust, don't forget @ikarikh and @stoney here. Both have got some major F13 skills, and can lone wolf with the best of 'em.)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@stoney I was going to comment back, but I honestly predicted this from the patch notes right before the recent patch.  I've actually grown to like the recent patch (While I can still usually find a PK, even if I don't it doesn't stop me from doing what I want), much better balance towards Jason, but I did feared how it would effect the causals or less skilled players.   Some of the Streamers I watch actually complained a lot about Jason being too "OP" now and some even took a "Break" from the game.  I think we got Spoiled from the counselor friendly camp from the previous patch that made many forget that this is a survival game.   Skill, Technique, Map and Game knowledge, co-operation, etc will all go a long way, but it is earned though numerous failures and trials.  If you are new or cannot even protect yourself, then you are at the mercy of Jason, and hopefully you get lucky from someone else doing.... just like it would be in real life.  If you're tired of relying on things outside your control.... MAN UP, GET STRONGER, GET BETTER!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

@stoney I was going to comment back, but I honestly predicted this from the patch notes right before the recent patch.  I've actually grown to like the recent patch (While I can still usually find a PK, even if I don't it doesn't stop me from doing what I want), but I feared how it would effect the causals or less skilled players.   Some of the Streamers I watch actually complained a lot about Jason being too "OP" now and some took a "Break" from the game.  I think we got Spoiled from the counselor friendly camp from the previous patch that made them forget that this is a survival game.   Skill, Technique, Map and Game knowledge, co-operation, etc will all go a long way, but it is earned though numerous failures and trials.  If you are new or cannot even protect yourself, then you are at the mercy of Jason, and hopefully you get lucky from someone else doing.... just like it would be in real life.  If you're tired of relying on things outside your control.... MAN UP, GET STRONGER, GET BETTER!!!

Haha, I actually really enjoyed your reply, made me smile with your last sentence!

I definitely don't want the item spawn to be glitched again and as abundant as fruit in the Garden of Eden, I just want to see some fair balance changes being made.

I'm super excited that this community is actually up for some rebalancing as well, however it be achieved is the real question. :)

Just now, stoney said:

Haha, I actually really enjoyed your reply, made me smile with your last sentence!

I hear you, I don't mind people voicing their opinions, and your reasons are valid, but @DorianRo won't fucking shut up about it.  WE HEARD YOU THE FIRST TIME, LET IT REST MAN!!!

19 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Okay, many people's exact definition of "lone wolfing" tends to vary. What is your precise definition of being a "lone wolf"?

I believe he means going in cold by yourself in QP with a bunch of Randoms.  I do this about half the time I play now with a slow counselor.  I have no complaints.

12 hours ago, DorianRo said:

I don't care how good or experienced that "lone wolf" is.  1 on 1 they are no match for a veteran Jason chances are.  Its stuff like that that needs to be fixed.  Im sure everything is hunky dory in private matches, but this isn't the case in QP under the current situation.  Because like I said everyone runs out of crap to throw at you sooner or later and everyone loses stamina 

This is completely idiotic.  Lone wolfing is something that just happens because you're alone and start trying to do objectives...by yourself.  Lone Wolfing depends  on Jason not finding and chasing you... All the while you get objectives done while Jason is busying Chasing and killing OTHER PLAYERS.   

If you honestly think this game needs to be balanced around 1 vs 1...  Because Jason targeted you.  You are out of your damn mind. 

You're last line in what i quoted.  "Everyone runs out of crap to throw and sooner or later everyone loses stamina"..  And?  AAAAAAND?      You're basically describing the game play mechanics of the this game.    You're not supposed to be able to beat Jason up and survive for 20 mins with ease.

11 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

I believe he means going in cold by yourself in QP with a bunch of Randoms.  I do this about half the time I play now with a slow counselor.  I have no complaints.

Okay. Others define it simply as creating one's own escape objectives, then fulfilling them all without any coordinated help. This is easily achieved in both QP and private matches just by not using mics.

Sooooooo . . . I wonder how he feels he'd do in a private match with the lot of us not using mics -- and thereby, not "coordinated"? I have to assume he believes our skill is wholly comprised of our ability to communicate with one another and act as a sort of "hive mind."

If so, he is sorely mistaken. 

• Like 1