13 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

I just wish it was easier to switch on/off on console. It always lags for a second for me, or my thumb-stick gets stuck down. I don't think the devs intended combat stance and block to be triggered and un-triggered every second or two, which they should have. I mean it is totally doable and valuable i just wish it was less of a pain. 

I often have lag when entering combat stance or doing things with it and I play on PC. I've stopped even trying to combat stance into a overhead strike on an unsuspecting jogging Jason because half the time I just enter combat stance and do nothing, just standing still and then get grabbed. I only do the normal swings when moving now.

7 hours ago, HuDawg said:

10 seconds... ins't long tho.. Its short.   Its barely enough time for Jason to walk across a room.

1 second immunity is pointless.  1 second is ONE step forward for a counselor.  

Once a counselor hits Jason, they have plenty of time to run.  10 second stun immunity will means.. You better fuckin run, or hes gonna kill your ass once he gets up.

1 second =  One step forward and smack Jason again.

You are right, every second counts, to both sides. 
   But when its 1-5 second random immunity, no one knows its one second or five. Its not too overpowered or under powered. It is short, yes. But random. It would only be one second one in five times. It would also be five seconds one in five times, and all of them in between. No one knows if its safe to attack or not after a stun. Sometimes it might be, sometimes it is not. This is pretty fair to both sides. Either way, with one second, you can slash anyone in front of you or quickly get into combat stance and block. 
   After a week or so of this immunity in effect, the battle Chad's would learn it is not wise to continue attacking Jason other then a quick strike enabling a get away. Sometimes they might get another strike in, 3 out of five times it is not going to work and they will get slashed if in a group or grabbed when alone.
   I would like the ten second stun immunity as Jason, but the battle Chads will just run and turn at a count of eight and start again. This would not solve the problem, just spread the fight over a larger area and making Jason walk for it, wasting even more time. With a random immunity, most will take a chance and continue to try and fight. This will allow Jason to get another hit or two in (on people that should have been cut down on the first strike with an axe or pig splitter and never been able to hit Jason hard enough to stun him in the first place, but this is a game) People that want a prolonged fight, you know they have a pocket knife and many Jason players will still slash them down anyway. I am not sure why they think pocket knives help against Jason when they fight this way. The only viable tactic for Jason is to slash. Attrition is the key word here. So many hits for a counselor to get Jason's mask off, usually putting him in rage mode as well. So many slashes to cut down the counselors and force them to run and use up med sprays. In other words, this will not stop the attempted bullying of Jason, but it will throw the odds more in his favor.
    A random stun length that is not so long that 50% of the player base would cry about it is better. It takes out the possibility of them knowing when they can stun again, up to a count of five, forcing a brief retreat. They will have to turn on you and strike again (or continue to run if want a chance to survive that round), beginning the fight over and giving you another chance to slash them before they can stun you again. We will never get rid of the fighting, the counselors should be able to get off at least one stun (which is not 100% now, even with a bat and the stun perk). The best that can be done is to make them think twice, because it is a lot more difficult to face Jason (as it should be).

7 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Stuff

Random stun times? I like it. Anything to keep players on their toes is a good thing.

26 minutes ago, Ahab said:

You are right, every second counts, to both sides. 
   But when its 1-5 second random immunity, no one knows its one second or five. Its not too overpowered or under powered. It is short, yes. But random. It would only be one second one in five times. It would also be five seconds one in five times, and all of them in between. No one knows if its safe to attack or not after a stun. Sometimes it might be, sometimes it is not. This is pretty fair to both sides. Either way, with one second, you can slash anyone in front of you or quickly get into combat stance and block. 
   After a week or so of this immunity in effect, the battle Chad's would learn it is not wise to continue attacking Jason other then a quick strike enabling a get away. Sometimes they might get another strike in, 3 out of five times it is not going to work and they will get slashed if in a group or grabbed when alone.
   I would like the ten second stun immunity as Jason, but the battle Chads will just run and turn at a count of eight and start again. This would not solve the problem, just spread the fight over a larger area and making Jason walk for it, wasting even more time. With a random immunity, most will take a chance and continue to try and fight. This will allow Jason to get another hit or two in (on people that should have been cut down on the first strike with an axe or pig splitter and never been able to hit Jason hard enough to stun him in the first place, but this is a game) People that want a prolonged fight, you know they have a pocket knife and many Jason players will still slash them down anyway. I am not sure why they think pocket knives help against Jason when they fight this way. The only viable tactic for Jason is to slash. Attrition is the key word here. So many hits for a counselor to get Jason's mask off, usually putting him in rage mode as well. So many slashes to cut down the counselors and force them to run and use up med sprays. In other words, this will not stop the attempted bullying of Jason, but it will throw the odds more in his favor.
    A random stun length that is not so long that 50% of the player base would cry about it is better. It takes out the possibility of them knowing when they can stun again, up to a count of five, forcing a brief retreat. They will have to turn on you and strike again (or continue to run if want a chance to survive that round), beginning the fight over and giving you another chance to slash them before they can stun you again. We will never get rid of the fighting, the counselors should be able to get off at least one stun (which is not 100% now, even with a bat and the stun perk). The best that can be done is to make them think twice, because it is a lot more difficult to face Jason (as it should be).

Great idea.

4 hours ago, CPLhicks31 said:

I just wish it was easier to switch on/off on console. It always lags for a second for me, or my thumb-stick gets stuck down. I don't think the devs intended combat stance and block to be triggered and un-triggered every second or two, which they should have. I mean it is totally doable and valuable i just wish it was less of a pain. 

Yeah it is a little clunky on console at first, the combat system in general is unituitive but it's not something I see them changing. So nothing else to do but get good at it, and it's definitely worth doing so.

I had the same difficulty with it at first but after enough practice it is fairly seamless for me. One tip I'll give is that you should always use left stick eg. L3 to exit out, never R3 / the same stick used to enter it as sometimes the game will refuse to exit you out. 

I agree that the devs didn't intend for combat stance to be triggered / untriggered, they probably imagined both counselor and Jason would always switch into CS and stay in it for the duration of the fight. But that's just not the way it happens. Combat stance limits mobility and the auto-tracking works against you if you stay in it. So trigger in/out is the only effective way to use it.

• Thanks 1

I've never bothered using the combat stance button to exit combat stance, only to enter. I always just sprint to break it, whether as a counselor or as Jason.

19 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

I've never bothered using the combat stance button to exit combat stance, only to enter. I always just sprint to break it, whether as a counselor or as Jason.

That's good. Many players use the same button to enter / exit which is where the issues arise. Same as many players don't know that light attack can be executed in CS with just a tap of R2, most only use the overhead / heavy attack.

On 2/21/2018 at 11:29 AM, Ghostboy20 said:

For just a dollar a day you can help protect Jason from these bullies. Please, do it for him. 

giphy.gif

Not Until I get my Pamela

Maybe I will pay for Pam 

14 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

That was fixed ages ago after I brought it to their attention. Shifting into combat stance is good though, particularly Shifting  into a block if you know they are going to try Shift batting you. But combat stance is also good for repositioning like that, let the auto-lock do its thing for a second so you are in the right position to defend, then exit out. It's always an on/off thing basically.

They fixed it? So now I can hit block, drop it, and then attack right after Jason drops the block again? I don't have to exit and reenter CS or wait for a ridiculously long amount of time to continue attacking? Thank god.

3 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

They fixed it? So now I can hit block, drop it, and then attack right after Jason drops the block again? I don't have to exit and reenter CS or wait for a ridiculously long amount of time to continue attacking? Thank god.

It's not fixed, it's just slightly better. It's random, sometimes you can attack immediately, sometimes there's a delay. The delay occurs less often than before but it's still there.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

That's good. Many players use the same button to enter / exit which is where the issues arise. Same as many players don't know that light attack can be executed in CS with just a tap of R2, most only use the overhead / heavy attack.

I really hope they look at customized button mapping for consoles.  I'm not a fan of having dual functions for the thumbsticks because my hands are oversized, and I'm constantly struggling with Combat stance going active when using the stick to move the camera.

I'd much rather swap the combat stance activation to R1, and have to hold R3 for block, or (on PS4) Triangle for block wen abilities aren't active with the L1 modifier.  I'd even be okay with R1 being held down to activate a secondary menu for combat stance actions, such as block, parry, or a new ability that is a mass stun if he's getting chain stunned by multiple counselors.

3 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I really hope they look at customized button mapping for consoles. 

I'd love that. I'd swap the throwing knives button for combat stance, so you could go into combat stance with L1 and press the analogue stick to ready a throwing knife. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FunMonster said:

I'd love that. I'd swap the throwing knives button for combat stance, so you could go into combat stance with L1 and press the analogue stick to ready a throwing knife. 

Again, a perfectly great idea, since you're going to be using the thumbstick to aim the knives anyway. 

This makes so much sense, I'm embarrassed I didn't think of it sooner.

1 minute ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Again, a perfectly great idea, since you're going to be using the thumbstick to aim the knives anyway. 

This makes so much sense, I'm embarrassed I didn't think of it sooner.

Combat stance would be so much easier to use if it was the top two shoulder buttons

16 hours ago, Ahab said:

A random stun length

Yeah. The main reason troll gangs can do it so well is because they have the timing down as the animations are so mechanical. Same with hitting him through doors and waiting for him to rage through a door. There's and obvious time window which makes it so easy. With random stun times it wouldn't be as easy to make a piñata outta him. 

14 minutes ago, FunMonster said:

Yeah. The main reason troll gangs can do it so well is because they have the timing down as the animations are so mechanical. Same with hitting him through doors and waiting for him to rage through a door. There's and obvious time window which makes it so easy. With random stun times it wouldn't be as easy to make a piñata outta him. 

Exactly!! The hitting through doors has to be removed for both sides, just to unrealistic and seems cheap to me. Perhaps even add the random stun immunity timer to the end of Jason's door crashing, knife grabbing, electrical box smashing and kill animations, or maybe that would be taking it too far. Maybe just for door crashing animations?
    Now before everyone says "its only a game.... realism, there is an unstoppable psycho zombie slasher in here!!" Yes I am aware there is an unstoppable psycho zombie slasher in here, but when you take away too much realism from the story or game that you speak of becomes similar to the illiterate scribblings of a two year old. Think of the stories that last and resonate through time. Hamlet had a ghost in it, but nothing else unrealistic. Still a celebrated story today. Look at 50's sci-fi compared to today's sci-fi. In the 50's science didn't matter. Now the writers do much more research and try to keep it as real as possible, making the stories a whole lot better and more grounded. I could go on, but I think everyone will get my point.

4 hours ago, SmugDoka said:

Not Until I get my Pamela

Maybe I will pay for Pam 

All money goes to Pam to help raise her son to kill those pesky campers

22 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

All money goes to Pam to help raise her son to kill those pesky campers

Oh, Then take my money, That woman needs money for her only child! 

Had a very piñatary moment last night when someone was starting the car and everyone was stood by the door with a baseball bat. Combat stance, block, pull out of car, get stunned, combat stance, block, pull out of car, get stunned. Tedious stuff. 

I wasn't going to let them outta there no matter what, so in the end they quit. 

That was pretty brutal.  Reminded me of last patch.  One hit knocking me on arse in  rapid succession  by a bunch of counselors bullying up near car I was going to the trap to start.  Was very frustrating .   Implement a way for Jason to grab a weapon  mid-hit with timing to stop the rapid abuse?   I lost my mask in about 20 seconds by these Louisville sluggers. .  Very very brutal.   

• Haha 1

Agreed, they should definitely do something about it. Ive heard of an idea where if they stun you to the point that they knock you down on the ground, if they try to tea bag you, or just generally get close enough to you, Jason should automatically grab them as he stands back up, along with a temporary invincibility to being stunned for maybe 10 seconds or so. I think that would be a great idea. It would also make Jason that much scarier, because if you go anywhere near him while he's down, you're caught, and your friends cannot save you with chain stunning. Also, I think the temporary stun resistance should also apply even if you don't get knocked down. The point is, Jason is NOT a pinauta meant to be played around with. He is a strong, brutal, intimidating killer meant to be feared. Think about it, when you watch a horror movie, and the killer is down on the floor, you know he's not dead, so you DON'T go near him. If you do, there's always that jump scare where he suddenly grabs your ankle. This should be the same way in the game.

• Like 2

But I thought Jason was too OP? And it was way to easy for him now and counselors don't have a chance in quick play?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

Agreed, they should definitely do something about it. Ive heard of an idea where if they stun you to the point that they knock you down on the ground, if they try to tea bag you, or just generally get close enough to you, Jason should automatically grab them as he stands back up, along with a temporary invincibility to being stunned for maybe 10 seconds or so. I think that would be a great idea. It would also make Jason that much scarier, because if you go anywhere near him while he's down, you're caught, and your friends cannot save you with chain stunning. Also, I think the temporary stun resistance should also apply even if you don't get knocked down. The point is, Jason is NOT a pinauta meant to be played around with. He is a strong, brutal, intimidating killer meant to be feared. Think about it, when you watch a horror movie, and the killer is down on the floor, you know he's not dead, so you DON'T go near him. If you do, there's always that jump scare where he suddenly grabs your ankle. This should be the same way in the game.

An auto attack upon getting up would be fine as a good deterrent to stop trolls and teabaggers, but stun immunity would be ridiculous. Jaosn already has defenses against groups of counsellors, he does not need to be immune to stuns. 

8 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

But I thought Jason was too OP? And it was way to easy for him now and counselors don't have a chance in quick play?

Well.  It doesn't happen very often in QP I find.  At least not in that type of coordinated effort.   But it when does happen... Oh SHIT!!!