Jason Todd Voorhees

What Slasher has the Highest Body Count?

What Slasher has the Highest Body Count?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What Slasher has the Highest Body Count?

• Jason Voorhees
    • Michael Myers
    • Victor Crowley
    • Freddy Krueger
    • Chucky
    • Ghostface
    • Leatherface
    • The Collector
    • Candyman
    • Angela (Sleep Away Camp)

Gotta be Jason, man. Plus if you count the deaths he caused indirectly...damn, that whole cruise ship full of people...an enormous fucking space station lol. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, CoyT92 said:

Gotta be Jason, man. Plus if you count the deaths he caused indirectly...damn, that whole cruise ship full of people...an enormous fucking space station lol. 

Facts tbh!

Jason voorhees is iconic and other horro movie slasher is iconic but some of them is underrated but good antigonist in movie such as angela baker candy man and the collector

You know what, I forgot about the rave sequence in The Collection. 

That might, just might put the Collector ahead of Jason as far as onscreen kills are concerned. 

OK, we have to look at whether this is onscreen deaths that we know about, or reputed deaths that are attributed to the characters. If it is the former, Jason easily has the most theatrical deaths from the choices, and is arguably the most iconic. Of course, the rave scene in The Collection could have more kills, but I don't think the actual body count has been tallied by anyone. (I could be wrong), and most of his his were done with elaborate traps, not a hand held weapon . I am thinking that when we look at the question, we have to consider that Jason killed most of his victims up close and personal.

With that thought in mind, Victor Crowley was a fairly proficient slasher in his own right. He took out 56 poor souls in 4 movies, and he did them all with a "hands on" approach. I doubt there will be any more Hatchet movies, so he will probably not be encroaching on Jason's title.

Michael and Freddy are both icons in the slasher world, but their body counts were much lower than Mr. Voorhees'. The same thing applies to Chucky, Ghostface, Leatherface, and Angela. I love all of these franchises for what they are, but their victims are not as numerable as Jason's.

One exception here could be made for Candyman. It was obvious that he was an urban legend before Helen said his name in the mirror. So, while his onscreen kills are much lower than most slasher "villains", the fact that he had probably been called numerous times before the original movie gives credence to the fact that he may have slain many people since his death in the 1800s. The same could be said for Pinhead. Who knows how many people have died by his hands since his transformation into The Lead Cenobite?

It's hard to nail down the "King of Slashers", but within the rules set forth in the poll, I would have to go with Jason. He really is a machine when it comes to taking out those drunk, horny teens. 

Edit: After looking at what I just posted, I am inclined to believe that either I am a sad human being who has watched too many horror movies or a cornucopia of horror knowledge, and that fact should be celebrated. I'm going to go with the latter choice, because the first one is just a little sad. :lol:

Edited by Rexfellis
Edited for some self-reflection

8 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

OK, we have to look at whether this is onscreen deaths that we know about, or reputed deaths that are attributed to the characters. If it is the former, Jason easily has the most theatrical deaths from the choices, and is arguably the most iconic. Of course, the rave scene in The Collection could have more kills, but I don't think the actual body count has been tallied by anyone. (I could be wrong), and most of his his were done with elaborate traps, not a hand held weapon . I am thinking that when we look at the question, we have to consider that Jason killed most of his victims up close and personal.

With that thought in mind, Victor Crowley was a fairly proficient slasher in his own right. He took out 56 poor souls in 4 movies, and he did them all with a "hands on" approach. I doubt there will be any more Hatchet movies, so he will probably not be encroaching on Jason's title.

Michael and Freddy are both icons in the slasher world, but their body counts were much lower than Mr. Voorhees'. The same thing applies to Chucky, Ghostface, Leatherface, and Angela. I love all of these franchises for what they are, but their victims are not as numerable as Jason's.

One exception here could be made for Candyman. It was obvious that he was an urban legend before Helen said his name in the mirror. So, while his onscreen kills are much lower than most slasher "villains", the fact that he had probably been called numerous times before the original movie gives credence to the fact that he may have slain many people since his death in the 1800s. The same could be said for Pinhead. Who knows how many people have died by his hands since his transformation into The Lead Cenobite?

It's hard to nail down the "King of Slashers", but within the rules set forth in the poll, I would have to go with Jason. He really is a machine when it comes to taking out those drunk, horny teens. 

Edit: After looking at what I just posted, I am inclined to believe that either I am a sad human being who has watched too many horror movies or a cornucopia of horror knowledge, and that fact should be celebrated. I'm going to go with the latter choice, because the first one is just a little sad. :lol:

I see nothing sad of a human being because horror is one of the best genres to date.

• Thanks 1