BlitzBoy526

Is anyone else worried about weapon swapping?

From the video that was posted a bit back (don't know exactly when, just saw it today) and at first I was excited. Gettng to use part 4 with a machete and using part 2 with the double edged axe, but after thinking about it and maining my man Part 7, I'm now worried. I bet I'm not the oly one who uses part 7 or 9 just for the kills. I feel with weapons being swappable, it will bring players away from the weaker Jasons and more towards easy modes like Part 3, 4, and 5. I'm not saying any jason is bad, but I feel this will bring less diversity and most people will run the sprinting Jasons. 

You're going to see more people using part 3 and part 8 with machetes, but you're also going to see more people playing part 6 now that they don't have to use a clunky weapon. And part 4 is not easy mode. He has the worst weaknesses outside part 7 who is just pathetic.

• Like 2

I'm never against variety and choices, and this is something the community has been asking for since forever.  

I can't wait to ditch Savini's pitchfork >:D.

I personally like Jason's with a +shift or destruction, if they don't have that, I usually don't play them regardless of weapon.

I think it would be a good thing for long-term balance. Let the player base be guinea pigs and figure out how effective each weapon is with each Jason. Then, once we see that one weapon type is stronger or weaker across the board, we can adjust it accordingly.

A running Jason with a spear or pitchfork would be pretty strong, so maybe they'll slow down the attack speed. +Destruction with a Machete would be even stronger, so maybe they'll slow down the door chop speed.

Just now, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I think it would be a good thing for long-term balance. Let the player base be guinea pigs and figure out how effective each weapon is with each Jason. Then, once we see that one weapon type is stronger or weaker across the board, we can adjust it accordingly.

A running Jason with a spear or pitchfork would be pretty strong, so maybe they'll slow down the attack speed. +Destruction with a Machete would be even stronger, so maybe they'll slow down the door chop speed.

I really hope so, seeing a part 4 with a machete running straight towards me will make me wet myself.

2 minutes ago, BlitzBoy526 said:

I really hope so, seeing a part 4 with a machete running straight towards me will make me wet myself.

I'm going to use part 4 with the double-axe. Should have been his weapon from the start lol.

• Thanks 1

that's a legitimate concern. But sometimes people may also play a certain Jason for the aesthetic look too. Like playing part 7 because he's all jacked up but ready to bust some punks.  Hopefully they will increase part 7's effectiveness.

Just now, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I'm going to use part 4 with the double-axe. Should have been his weapon from the start lol.

I don't know, I'm loving cutting private parts and the buyable kill pack is awesome. I wold have to say kill wise my favorites is the pig splitter and machete a really close #2.

8 minutes ago, Rtype613 said:

that's a legitimate concern. But sometimes people may also play a certain Jason for the aesthetic look too. Like playing part 7 because he's all jacked up but ready to bust some punks.  Hopefully they will increase part 7's effectiveness.

Sadly I don't think it will. Many people I play with say the play him for the kills, or the quick swinging, which both will be ignored with this. he definatley is the coolest looking (besides savini (still sad I didnt hear about f13 the game back then, I'm a huge fan and I would have backed it)) and it will bring me to play him, but not as often. 

I just hope its unlocked at level 101 for us dedicated players can actually feel rewarded.

Nope.

They've known people have had problems with Part 7 since he was quickly collecting dust in favor of Part 2 and 3...in BETA.

They've even acknowledged it. However it seems the recent changes might be it and that's all. We don't know, it sure it seems that way.

45 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

You read my mind, I agree ever since I unlocked Jason goes to hell I have said this should be J4s weapon or Roy he used a double sided axe to kill Billy and Lana!

my first couple of plays will be 

J2 -with spear

J3- with machete 

J4- with double bit axe

Roy- with pig splitter

J6 -with machete 

J7-with fire axe

J8-with wood axe

J9-with machete 

49 minutes ago, BlitzBoy526 said:

I feel with weapons being swappable, it will bring players away from the weaker Jasons and more towards easy modes like Part 3, 4, and 5. I'm not saying any jason is bad, but I feel this will bring less diversity and most people will run the sprinting Jasons. 

I dont think the weapon swap will change much in this regard

People generally gravitate towards the easiest way to do something

All the Jasons are pretty much equal. To me -Traps is a Jason's only true weakness, everything else comes down to paying attention properly.

I'm also not very concerned what Jasons other people use anyway, so....

My only valid concern is a Jason  who runs might have an unfair reach advantage with part 6s spear. Especially part 3. But who knows maybe they balanced it out.

They should rebalance the weapons and give them statistics like swing speed, range, recovery time, stuck percentage and hit radius. Each weapon already sort of have these properties, but they can tweak them out more and give each of them a more distinct feel to them. 

1 minute ago, Crispen_Glover said:

what I want to know is how future kill packs are going to work 

Kill packs will be tied to the weapon so if you buy say a pickaxe kill set that can be used only with that weapon so if you switch the weapon on any Jason those kills follow that weapon, they said that's how it's gonna work on the thread for the weapon swapping and all that good Jazz

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Crispen_Glover said:

what I want to know is how future kill packs are going to work 

They'll have to re-brand the part 4 & part 7 kill packs as "pig splitter/machete kill packs" and then from then on they'll release weapon specific kill packs and hopefully new weapon sets.

8 hours ago, BlitzBoy526 said:

From the video that was posted a bit back (don't know exactly when, just saw it today) and at first I was excited. Gettng to use part 4 with a machete and using part 2 with the double edged axe, but after thinking about it and maining my man Part 7, I'm now worried. I bet I'm not the oly one who uses part 7 or 9 just for the kills. I feel with weapons being swappable, it will bring players away from the weaker Jasons and more towards easy modes like Part 3, 4, and 5. I'm not saying any jason is bad, but I feel this will bring less diversity and most people will run the sprinting Jasons. 

Honestly I think it will force Gun to fix some of the hit detection on some of these weapons. For example the Spear Part 6 Jason uses isn't going to get much love. That thing has more range when you swing it down with light attack then when you thrust with heavy attack and it's hit detection is real bad. I have tried to hit a bot close up with heavy attack and dispite the spear head passing through the target no hit was awarded.

In the spirit of not creating a new thread, I thought I'd post this here. 

Assuming that the weapon speed is based on the weapon, not the character, upgrading Parts 2, 3, 6, and 9 from their slower weapons to a machete (or, god forbid, hedge clippers), would save a significant amount of time breaking through barricaded doors (approximately 3 seconds). That might not seem like a lot, but over the course of a match, it can make a difference.

The Jasons with +Destruction would also benefit, but since they're already quick at breaking down doors, the saving would be less (approximately a second and a half).

Note: I did not test the pig splitter. 

question I've had, will weapon swap affect said Jason's abilities?

For example, if I take my Savini's pitchfork and use it on part 2, will it take the stats of Savini, the +Destruction, for example, and give it to part 2? Or are weapon swaps just going to affect kills, and hard stats (like +destruction, +shift, etc.,) locked onto certain Jason's, regardless of which weapon is used?

Maybe I'm overthinking this or didn't word it right, but I'm curious how this will affect Jason gameplay.

12 minutes ago, monoXide83 said:

question I've had, will weapon swap affect said Jason's abilities?

For example, if I take my Savini's pitchfork and use it on part 2, will it take the stats of Savini, the +Destruction, for example, and give it to part 2? Or are weapon swaps just going to affect kills, and hard stats (like +destruction, +shift, etc.,) locked onto certain Jason's, regardless of which weapon is used?

Maybe I'm overthinking this or didn't word it right, but I'm curious how this will affect Jason gameplay.

It is my understanding that Jason's strengths and weaknesses are tied to the Jason himself and not his weapon.  So, a Jason with destruction like Savini would not be able to transfer destruction to a Jason without if they swap weapons.  However, if you give Savini Jason Part 7's machete, he'll have his destruction plus the faster swing speed of the machete.

On 20/02/2018 at 10:12 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

? A single weapon type will prevail above all the jason type wont change it, even with running you still stop dead in your tracks to swing so all that extra speed is lost, then the pole texture will go through the counsellor miss and get stuck in the air.

Machete and shears are best mechanically by far, they have the 1 handed combat hitboxes that didn't have its range fucked up and not bothered to fix like spears and two handers plus they have the 1 handed fast door hitting animations, not that that matters since c stancing is superior as it lets you block door hits but regardless its still a plus even if it isn't used

To suggest someone would voluntarily use a spear because they thought it to be mechanically superior is mind boggling