SmugDoka

Need some Help Picking Things

What the title says ^^^

Anyways I'm not really a Jason Player but I want to get into playing Jason, I'd like for some suggestions for a More Beginner Level Jason? 

Try them out in offline bots. You can play around and not have the stress of trying to actually kill anyone.

I always liked how Part 3 played personally. You have him from the start and he's got pretty decent stats.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SmugDoka said:

I'd like for some suggestions for a More Beginner Level Jason? 

Part 3. He's one of two Jasons you unlock from the start and his stats are good. He also the Retro skin from the start as well.

1 minute ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Part 3. He's one of two Jasons you unlock from the start and his stats are good. He also the Retro skin from the start as well.

Okay, Thank you for the tip as well 

• Like 1

The choke execution requires the least amount of space to execute when attempting to kill a counselor.  When playing online (as opposed to bots), having this slotted is a great way to prevent having another counselor free the one you have in your grip with a melee attack.

Practice learning the distances and spacing needed to perform execution kills.  Learn the locations or elements in the world that allow for environmental kills (windows, bird baths, certain walls, unbroken doorways, etc).

Stalk is one of Jason's greatest skills when playing online against counselors.  Learn the mechanics and how to "Stalk-Shift" or "Stalk-Morph" to get the jump on counselors.

Become a hugger.  It's a quick kill that requires little space.  Or if you want to annoy people, punch everyone's head off. 

When you have stalk, abuse it every chance you get.  I always get at least 1 free kill per match using stalk, people tend to come out windows right to me.  

Trap the fusebox extensively. 

I'd say to use Part 2 or 4 when you start out to get a feel for how to play as Jason.  Part 2 for trapping capabilities and Part 4 for ease of getting into cabins.  And they both can run which keeps up with jogging counselors and closes the gap quickly when they run out of stamina. 

All very good points guys! I'd like to add, playing bots is a great way to practice. Learn how to quick throw knives with very little aiming. I find if I'm stepping on my right foot and the counselor is just on the left side of my mask I can quick throw with very minimal adjustments. And vice versa for left foot to right side of your mask. And if you aim it just above their head, you can throw longer distances. Good luck, KILL FOR MOTHER!

As people have said, I'd recommend Part 3 as your beginner Jason. He's easy to play and has few weaknesses (however I would recommend trying out every Jason). 

You should have either the choke or the head punch on every Jason you use (I use choke on human Jason's, and head punch on undead Jason's) because of how fast they are and how little space you need to execute them.

Don't be afraid to slash people to death. There's a stigma against it but it's completely fair. Also, slash Tommy Jarvis to death, since he spawns with a knife.

Always check on objectives. Your first morph location should usually be the phone since it's the easiest way for people to get away. Place traps at each objective so you can be alerted when people start working on them. 

Sense is your best friend. Use it often so you don't lose track of where people are at.

Use Stalk to trick people into thinking your shifting during a chase. Often times they turn tail and run straight into you for a grab.

Hope this helps, happy slashing!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZillaMeister said:

Sense is your best friend. Use it often so you don't lose track of where people are at.

Following up on this: you can de-activate Sense at any point--you don't have to wait for it to "burn out".  The quicker you switch it off, the shorter the cooldown period is (which allows you to use it again sooner).

• Like 1

Best Beginner level is definitely Part 3 Jason.

He's my favorite Jason just because of how simplistic he is. He can run fast and has normal traps. He doesn't have any large glaring weaknesses or large glaring strengths so you just play him to the best of your ability :)

6 hours ago, SmugDoka said:

What the title says ^^^

Anyways I'm not really a Jason Player but I want to get into playing Jason, I'd like for some suggestions for a More Beginner Level Jason? 

I would recommend using J3, J5 or J3 as your starting Jason, Depending if you are good at Shiftgrabbing, practice in Offline Bots, learn how to place traps, utilize combat stance, stopping Cars and quick scooping with throwing knifes. Also don’t Rage through doors unless you’re sure that a pesky Counselor is not waiting behind the door waiting to get a free stun. Also using Stalk+Shift, if you’re out of view you should not be visible on the mini-map, spamming sense will lower Counselors, sense avoidance chance perks. Just think like a Counselor, what would you do? How would you fight Jason?....Where would you hide? Stuff like that, just keep practicing and play how ever you want to play and have fun :D 

12 hours ago, Reyezblood 03 said:

I would recommend using J3, J5 or J3 as your starting Jason, Depending if you are good at Shiftgrabbing, practice in Offline Bots, learn how to place traps, utilize combat stance, stopping Cars and quick scooping with throwing knifes. Also don’t Rage through doors unless you’re sure that a pesky Counselor is not waiting behind the door waiting to get a free stun. Also using Stalk+Shift, if you’re out of view you should not be visible on the mini-map, spamming sense will lower Counselors, sense avoidance chance perks. Just think like a Counselor, what would you do? How would you fight Jason?....Where would you hide? Stuff like that, just keep practicing and play how ever you want to play and have fun :D 

Okay Thank you for the the immense amount of tips :)

Thank you all for the tips!

I will surely utilize them 

Part 3 and Part 5 are both well rounded and can run. 3 is better for slashing people to death while 5 gives you more knives and better ability to sneak up on people. Part 2 is decent in the sense that in the average quick play lobby you can set your traps and basically instantly win because pubbies don't work together enough to get rid of the traps. Part 8 is probably the only undead Jason you should try early on. 7 is garbage and 6's morph cooldown is painful and will result in escapes.

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

Part 3 and Part 5 are both well rounded and can run. 3 is better for slashing people to death while 5 gives you more knives and better ability to sneak up on people. Part 2 is decent in the sense that in the average quick play lobby you can set your traps and basically instantly win because pubbies don't work together enough to get rid of the traps. Part 8 is probably the only undead Jason you should try early on. 7 is garbage and 6's morph cooldown is painful and will result in escapes.

Okay Thank you