Sign in to follow this  
FunMonster

Quick block for Jason

At the moment most players are not using the blocking mechanic because it is too clunky and slow to go into combat stance and then block. It's too easy to get caught out by a quick swipe of the counselor's bat. Jason players are just going in swinging instead.

JASON IS GETTING STUNNED WAY TOO OFTEN AND THIS IS WHY.

On ps4, as Jason, the R1 button does nothing on it's own. This button could be used as a quick block. By that I mean a one shot tap of the button. Not held down in constant block like it is in combat stance. Like Jason raising his arm at the firecrackers for one second and then going back into normal stance. If he manages to block in time he doesn't get stunned. The Jason player would be able to defend themselves against non combat-stance attacks if they see someone swiping. There would still be a chance that he gets stunned if he doesn't press in time, but it would literally cut reaction times in half. You would be pressing one button (R1) instead of two (R3 then R1)

Surely this would solve the constant stunning issue and would be easy to implement. Vote on twitter below

https://twitter.com/jamjoth/status/965979447554990081

The reason combat stance and block is not used is if you go into combat stance early enough to be able to block, they won't even attempt to hit you, 99% of the time. They'll just run away because they know you can't chase them in combat stance. If you try to toggle combat stance at the very last second in order to sneakily block their attack, lag will stick its middle finger up your ass and stun you anyway because that player actually pressed the attack button 0.5 seconds earlier than what the character model shows.

On PC I suppose they could turn spacebar into a non-combat stance block. Right mouse button is for blocking and grabbing.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, FunMonster said:

Gotta admit the combat is nonsense when your ganged on

Yeah, there are multiple probable ways to fix it. I would take the route of having stun resistance go up and up the more he gets ganged on, to the point where his stuns will be like 1 second long, until the gang attack stops. I'd also add some new combat mechanics like in my thread.

22 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Yeah, there are multiple probable ways to fix it. I would take the route of having stun resistance go up and up the more he gets ganged on, to the point where his stuns will be like 1 second long, until the gang attack stops. I'd also add some new combat mechanics like in my thread.

I like the idea of decreasing stun times the more you get hit. Was thinking, on ps4, some of the extra moves you mentioned like thrust and crowd control could be done by holding triangle or circle and then using the r2 attack button. Wouldn't be awkward to control.

1 minute ago, FunMonster said:

I like the idea of decreasing stun times the more you get hit. Was thinking, on ps4, some of the extra moves you mentioned like thrust and crowd control could be done by holding triangle or circle and then using the r2 attack button. Wouldn't be awkward to control.

Maybe. I decided not to use the face buttons because on a keyboard that equates to 1-2-3-4 buttons, which would be awkward to control. Might work with button remapping but that's the reason I chose the buttons I did.

Just now, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Maybe. I decided not to use the face buttons because on a keyboard that equates to 1-2-3-4 buttons, which would be awkward to control. Might work with button remapping but that's the reason I chose the buttons I did.

Yeah its a bitch with all these different configurations on different platforms.