• I've had many problems with the Roy and Pinehurst Update.. so I would like to give my opinion on this.

Yes, We can all agree that Jason is meant to be a pretty powerful entity and challenge to go against. But here's my problem.
    Remember before the update aired
    LIVE, when the Dev's put this in the Patch Notes?
  • Reduced the number of Pocket Knives and Medical Sprays that can spawn per match

At first, I was pretty fine with this change. I thought that maybe they were gonna remove maybe 2 or 3 pocket knives from the entire Camps as a whole, and I thought that it was a pretty balanced nerf for the counselors according to what they said.

Now, when that update went LIVE with Roy (Part 5 Jason.) Words cannot describe how furious I was with the update. There's one fucking thing that pisses me off with the fucking devs, which is the fact that they never ever fucking clarify with any of the bullshit they say. How the absolute FUCK are you gonna put " Reduced the number of pocket knives that can spawn per match." But not Tremendously Reduced the number of pocket knives that can spawn per match." This update pissed me off because now, finding a pocket knife is a fourth of the equivalency of finding a fucking Pamela Tape. Now with virtually no pocket knives in the match, how the hell do you expect me to survive the fucking game? There's rarely even anyone to help save people because a lot of people in this game are very uncoordinated and don't want to fucking work together. You even had the godamn nerves to give Jason a buff with the pocket knives, just to make me waste my stamina EVEN MORE because I fear Roy and Part 6 Jason limping me with only 2 hits from pocket knives. Let's not forget that the infamous pre-nerfed Jason grab has ONCE AGAIN, made a debut in the game.

I've even seen NEW PLAYERS as Jason get 8/8 multiple times against lobbies of players level 50 and above, that's pretty godamn terrible. This game is supposed to be BALANCED, not "Oh we favor this side-- Actually no we're fucking retarded, we like this side instead." I understand that not all people are good at Jason, so sometimes you have to resort to buffing Jason, but you don't have to fucking buff him to the point where he's virtually fucking all of us over. As a developer, your job is to make sure that both partiesare happy at the end of the day. Dead By Daylight recently made a mistake, which is buffing the survivors to the point where using skill isn't present anymore. Now when a fucking Nurse or Hag or Trapper picks someone up when they're on the pallet, they can instantly stun them and not have to time it perfectly, which removes skill from the game; They also did the same with Flashlight Saves too.

My message to the developers of Gun Media and Illfonic of Friday The 13th: The Game, is: Fix your godamn game, and get your shit together. You need to really wake the fuck up and really think about how other players will react based on the poor decisions that you so choose to make.

Edit: It also appears that some players are reporting that all the counselors have a nerf to Stamina. This is one of the reasons why I almost always am exhausted as Deborah... What a fucking shame Gun Media...

-Qcici

download-11.jpg.49885918809f34daea3cc14743e6f209.jpg

• Haha 2

I would respectfully disagree with you on... pretty much everything. I was in a QP lobby last night where Jason was killed almost every round by a group of three coordinated counselors. When one of those counselors was Jason... someone else stepped up... and Jason died again. Jason is a beast. But this game is nothing near impossible as a counselor. A lot of polls here on the forums have shown that a majority of people actually are happy with the update and balance now. Sorry to say that you need to have more than one way to survive than carrying around 2-3 pocket knifes. IMO the devs definitely did this game a lot of good with the last patch. Still a lot to work on in terms of cars and combat aspects. I'm sorry for your experiences, but I've never seen a new Jason player go 8/8. Maybe this is just someone with 2 accounts, or who recently changed platforms and already knows the mechanics of Jason. 

I'm also curious where you find more tapes than pocket knives... I've been trying to find my last 5 tommy tapes for over a month... No tommy tapes... but plenty of pocket knives. Give the update time and try different styles of playing... remember the most direct approach isn't always the best as a counselor (or Jason) because it is the most predictable.

1 minute ago, Mtk9210 said:

I'm also curious where you find more tapes than pocket knives... I've been trying to find my last 5 tommy tapes for over a month... No tommy tapes... but plenty of pocket knives. Give the update time and try different styles of playing... remember the most direct approach isn't always the best as a counselor (or Jason) because it is the most predictable.

Just to clarify, I did not say that I find more Pamela Tapes/Tommy Tapes than Pocket Knives. What I said was "Finding a Pocket Knife is a quarter of the equivalency of finding a Cassette Tape. Pocket Knives are extremely rare to find in the game now. I just wanted the developers to remove between 2-4 Pocket knives that can spawn the entire match. One person claimed that there's literally only 2-3 knives total every single game, And they could be anywhere including tent regions, which not many players know about.

Just now, Qcici said:

Just to clarify, I did not say that I find more Pamela Tapes/Tommy Tapes than Pocket Knives. What I said was "Finding a Pocket Knife is a quarter of the equivalency of finding a Cassette Tape. Pocket Knives are extremely rare to find in the game now. I just wanted the developers to remove between 2-4 Pocket knives that can spawn the entire match. One person claimed that there's literally only 2-3 knives total every single game, And they could be anywhere including tent regions, which not many players know about.

You right, you right. I guess I really don't even understand your statement then :lol: I've never seen any less than 3 knives + Tommy's. I'm pretty sure that before this there was 7 + Tommy's (might be wrong never really counted). I think cutting it in half right away was a big shock to a lot of people. But I love it personally and I mostly play with counselor preference on.

8 minutes ago, Mtk9210 said:

A lot of polls here on the forums have shown that a majority of people actually are happy with the update and balance now.

You may be seeing those results in the polls of these forums, but you don't realize that it really isn't the case with people. I want you to go to the General Discussions Forum and take a look at the post titled "How do you make the game enjoyable/balanced for EVERYONE" Which is a pretty hard topic to cover. Balance is something that is really hard to achieve in video games, so I understand that many people will rant about balance over and over and over. But the thing is: The goal of balance is to have both sides of the party happy at the end of the day. You aren't supposed to give one side everything and leave the other side with nothing, that's the point of balance. The game is currently in favor of Jason, which is a problem. The devs should've slightly nerfed the counselors to make things more balanced, instead of giving Jason a whole book on how to easily kill counselors for free. What you see is not the full story of what's really happening.

5a8b7cff5bf05_ScreenShot2018-02-19at7_41_57PM.thumb.png.c9e924c84dc574efc07a2db275b2061d.png

This is the post that has 213 replies at the moment over balancing.

1 minute ago, Qcici said:

You may be seeing those results in the polls of these forums, but you don't realize that it really isn't the case with people. I want you to go to the General Discussions Forum and take a look at the post titled "How do you make the game enjoyable/balanced for EVERYONE" Which is a pretty hard topic to cover. Balance is something that is really hard to achieve in video games, so I understand that many people will rant about balance over and over and over. But the thing is: The goal of balance is to have both sides of the party happy at the end of the day. You aren't supposed to give one side everything and leave the other side with nothing, that's the point of balance. The game is currently in favor of Jason, which is a problem. The devs should've slightly nerfed the counselors to make things more balanced, instead of giving Jason a whole book on how to easily kill counselors for free. What you see is not the full story of what's really happening.

Counselors have everything they need for survival. At the end of the day I see it this way. The game is set as a 7 v 1. Just by my math on balance, 1 counselor v 1 Jason should be an easy death for that counselor, regardless of Jason or counselor skill. If I am alone running through the woods as a counselor, and Jason pops up, I expect to die more than 50% of the time. This doesn't always hold true because I still think Jason's grab and attack need work. If I have a couple of other players around working together. I expect a good battle, yeah someone might die because it is Jason. But I'm pretty sure that is how the game was intended to be played. The lone wolf play will usually not work in your favor, yes it is possible, but most often no. Now I do not know how you play, but Jason is a figure to be feared and avoided, not ran to and fought on a regular basis. If you run to him, you should accept death. If you avoid him, don't mess up your skill checks and work together, expect better chances of survival.

2 minutes ago, Qcici said:

5a8b7cff5bf05_ScreenShot2018-02-19at7_41_57PM.thumb.png.c9e924c84dc574efc07a2db275b2061d.png

This is the post that has 213 replies at the moment over balancing.

And yes I have read these. All of these pages on all of these posts. The fact of the matter is the population as a whole will never be pleased. Many people do not have fun in a game unless they are promised a victory. This game does the opposite and practically promises you death. Which is why many counselor mains will always complain for counselor buffs, and many Jason mains will always complain for Jason buffs. The devs have an impossible task if making everyone happy. I always kind of think of this game as survivor. Outwit, outplay, outlast, then with a bit of luck you'll be a survivor.