J.J.

The Sphinx in Violet's room.

Anyone know what the Egyptian Sphinx poster in Violet's room is from? My first thought was Iron Maiden - Powerslave but obviously upon second glance it's clearly not.

Iron Maidon‘s Powerslave was 1984, F13 with Violet from 1985, so chronologically could be, but it definitely looks different to me

9F550B4C-7E92-450E-A0F6-E23015A45E64.jpeg

Maybe, I couldn't find the particular image when I searched for them though.

1 minute ago, Wolledc said:

Iron Maidon‘s Powerslave was 1984, F13 with Violet from 1985, so chronologically could be, but it definitely looks different to me

9F550B4C-7E92-450E-A0F6-E23015A45E64.jpeg

Yeah it's definitely not Powerslave, it's just the first thing I think of when I see it. 

91qLIsZsIwL._SX463_.jpg

4 hours ago, Man Behind the Mask said:

It could refer to Powerslave... but without copyright infringement ... 

great album! 

True, and yes a metal epic for sure. The Rime of the Ancient Mariner is such a classic.

7 hours ago, jameson87 said:

True, and yes a metal epic for sure. The Rime of the Ancient Mariner is such a classic.

They are my fav NWOBHM band. I’ve been lucky to see them live a lot. They keep getting better!

Rhime is a monster of a tune! My fav under appreciated track on the album is Back in the Village. Overall every time is solid.. although the duellist is my least fav.

cheers

6 hours ago, BenWallace.3.Pistons said:

Or she just likes Egyptian sphinx, so she has a poster of one.

It's not a picture of a real one, it's a cartoon one so it still doesn't answer the question.

So far the posters in her room I've identified are:

The Alan Parson's Project

Rolling stones

Sid Vicious (couldn't locate it but actress Tiffany Helm said she originally wanted to die next to a picture of Sid but couldn't due to estate reasons so his poster is hidden there somewhere or was possibly removed)

A stop the slaughter poster (ironically in the shot Roy walks in)

A newspaper clipping that says "haircut torture"

A few that are clearly drawings not posters

A newspaper/magazine clipping that says "Love To! Countdown to Date Night"

There are some i'm not 100% sure on what they say but I ordered the blu-ray box set so maybe I can see things more clearly then.

44 minutes ago, J.J. said:

It's not a picture of a real one, it's a cartoon one so it still doesn't answer the question.

You realise that makes no sense at all? I've got a cartoon picture of the Detroit Pistons 2004 championship team. Does that mean I dont like them?

7 minutes ago, BenWallace.3.Pistons said:

You realise that makes no sense at all? I've got a cartoon picture of the Detroit Pistons 2004 championship team. Does that mean I dont like them?

No it means it doesn't explain the source of the drawing i.e. who drew it.

It's a cartoon Sphinx therefore someone has drawn it. Who? What was his intention for drawing? Was it for a musical group? A film, a TV show? There is clearly a bunch of writing underneath the picture but it's too far away to read, what does it say? See? There are still many questions unanswered.

2 hours ago, Man Behind the Mask said:

They are my fav NWOBHM band. I’ve been lucky to see them live a lot. They keep getting better!

Rhime is a monster of a tune! My fav under appreciated track on the album is Back in the Village. Overall every time is solid.. although the duellist is my least fav.

cheers

Can't wait till they come back to the states. I have seen many bands, but never maiden, and it kills me. I like you love everything by them, and that last album was amazing as well. Wasn't big on the blaze era but the music was solid. Brucw is my favorite voice and frontman of them.

I imagine it is just a design art poster that she likes. It could be just as arbitrarily a unicorn and a princess together in the woods. Art for art's sake is the most likely reasoning behind it.

1 minute ago, Bigfoot said:

I imagine it is just a design art poster that she likes. It could be just as arbitrarily a unicorn and a princess together in the woods. Art for art's sake is the most likely reasoning behind it.

If I had Facebook I could have asked Tiffany directly if she remembers what it was from.

19 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

Exactly. Just a drawing. 

6 hours ago, jameson87 said:

Can't wait till they come back to the states. I have seen many bands, but never maiden, and it kills me. I like you love everything by them, and that last album was amazing as well. Wasn't big on the blaze era but the music was solid. Brucw is my favorite voice and frontman of them.

They are worth it! I never really got into the Blaze albums either. Dianno was great on the first two albums but when Bruce joined for Number of the Beast, things really took off! 

15 minutes ago, Man Behind the Mask said:

They are worth it! I never really got into the Blaze albums either. Dianno was great on the first two albums but when Bruce joined for Number of the Beast, things really took off! 

Couldn't agree more.

4 hours ago, Body Boy said:

The poster is also in 1982's Time Walker.

Oh yeah at 19:08