Why can't there be any daytime maps in the game? (You know a random selection of daytime to nighttime like how maps randomly have rain or no rain). Jason has made plenty of kills in the daytime so it makes sense for there to be daytime maps. When I think of Camp Crystal Lake I always think of it in the daytime as it had the most screen time overall in the day.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, J.J. said:

Why can't there be any daytime maps in the game? (You know a random selection of daytime to nighttime like how maps randomly have rain or no rain). Jason has made plenty of kills in the daytime so it makes sense for there to be daytime maps. When I think of Camp Crystal Lake I always think of it in the daytime as it had the most screen time overall in the day.

Because it would eliminate the entire "fear" mechanic and the way it operates with Jason eliminating light/power through the destruction of generators, and counselors abating fear by being inside a lit cabin or under a light outside.  That mechanic is a big part of the game, as it relates to Jason's "Sense" ability, the "Composure" stat, and others. 

The entire system would have to be reworked for daytime maps, and I don't know about you, but between the upgrades to the graphics engine, single player challenges, additional counselors, Jason X (Uber), weapon swapping for Jason, and a veritable slew of other things, there are items of far greater import than substantively altering an integral game mechanic to play maps in the "day time".

• Like 7

I have to agree that the night time setting definitely makes the maps more atmospheric, but it would be interesting to see a daytime map I suppose.

8 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Because it would eliminate the entire "fear" mechanic and the way it operates with Jason eliminating light/power through the destruction of generators, and counselors abating fear by being inside a lit cabin or under a light outside.  That mechanic is a big part of the game, as it relates to Jason's "Sense" ability, the "Composure" stat, and others. 

The entire system would have to be reworked for daytime maps, and I don't know about you, but between the upgrades to the graphics engine, single player challenges, additional counselors, Jason X (Uber), weapon swapping for Jason, and a veritable slew of other things, there are items of far greater import than substantively altering an integral game mechanic to play maps in the "day time".

"The entire system" would not have to be re-worked. It's very easy to add daytime to a game. It's just a matter of colours.

The fear mechanic can still be used you can still have it fade to black when they're scared.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, J.J. said:

"The entire system" would not have to be re-worked. It's very easy to add daytime to a game. It's just a matter of colours.

The fear mechanic can still be used you can still have it fade to black when they're scared.

How would that work?  Darkness is a major component of the fear system.  Playing in daylight completely negates the ability of darkness to generate fear in a counselor.  It would be a tremendous handicap to Jason.  Destroying generators would serve no purpose.  Sense would be ineffective on high composure characters until post-rage.

A number of perks would instantly become useless.

It's not "just a matter of colours". 

Fear is not just the map fading to black when a counselor is scared.  As I originally said, Fear has a direct tie to both Jason's Sense ability, and is related to a counselor's composure, how fast they regain stamina, the sounds they make when Jason is nearby, and stumbling while running.

Putting the map in the daytime changes all of these things and how the system is currently designed to generate fear in a counselor.

• Like 2

Just now, Bropollocreed79 said:

How would that work?  Darkness is a major component of the fear system.  Playing in daylight completely negates the ability of darkness to generate fear in a counselor.  It would be a tremendous handicap to Jason.  Destroying generators would serve no purpose.  Sense would be ineffective on high composure characters until post-rage.

A number of perks would instantly become useless.

It's not "just a matter of colours". 

Fear is not just the map fading to black when a counselor is scared.  As I originally said, Fear has a direct tie to both Jason's Sense ability, and is related to a counselor's composure, how fast they regain stamina, the sounds they make when Jason is nearby, and stumbling while running.

Putting the map in the daytime changes all of these things and how the system is currently designed to generate fear in a counselor.

Like I said it's a matter of colours, the gameplay mechanics can stay the same.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, J.J. said:

Like I said it's a matter of colours, the gameplay mechanics can stay the same.

That makes no sense at all.

How could it be "dark" during the daytime?  That's like saying you can drain a lake but still use your boat on it.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

That makes no sense at all.

How could it be "dark" during the daytime?  That's like saying you can drain a lake but still use your boat on it.

giphy.gif

I mean Jason turning off the power can still invoke fear regardless of the time of day

I'm not sure about adding it for online mode, but it's definitely something I could see being added in for single player challenges.

I would love to splore the daytime maps.

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The game is meant to represent the climax of the films. Whenever Jason was active in the day, it was in the first 2/3 of the movie. The ends of the movies were always at night time.

Exactly what I was going to say.  Always dark at the end of the film.

6 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The game is meant to represent the climax of the films. Whenever Jason was active in the day, it was in the first 2/3 of the movie. The ends of the movies were always at night time.

So?

The only way I could see it working is if they increased the potency of Jason's fear radius by 3x and made it take twice as long to recover from fear. MAYBE then it could work, but then it begs the question "Why are they less afraid of him at night time?" lol.

I can see the want to explore and check out the maps better , but it really would defeat many aspects of the purpose and concept for the game. 

If included, it should be "extra". Like a virtual cabin , but for maps. Or even have a tour information type display in the virtual cabin. Each map would have its own pamphlet, pick it up , read about it and have the option to roam around in it, aimlessly. even treat it like the cabin, and give tidbits and factoids about the locations and detail the inspiration or reason for inclusion.

It's not a bad idea to want to get a better view of the map and its surroundings/layout , but to include a daytime map to normal gameplay would  mess with too much in my opinion. Much more than a simple pallette swap.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sweenmasheen said:

I can see the want to explore and check out the maps better , but it really would defeat many aspects of the purpose and concept for the game. 

If included, it should be "extra". Like a virtual cabin , but for maps. Or even have a tour information type display in the virtual cabin. Each map would have its own pamphlet, pick it up , read about it and have the option to roam around in it, aimlessly. even treat it like the cabin, and give tidbits and factoids about the locations and detail the inspiration or reason for inclusion.

It's not a bad idea to want to get a better view of the map and its surroundings/layout , but to include a daytime map to normal gameplay would  mess with too much in my opinion. Much more than a simple pallette swap.  

That sounds like a good idea.

31 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

this will never happen in mutiplayer but possible for sp challenges 

They said they would cosnider it in a tweet before

38 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

So we're not going to get day maps. Fear accumulates in darkness. What sense would it make for Jason to cut the power and people get scared... if it's not dark?

Because cutting the power would scare someone being chased regardless if it's day or night.