1 hour ago, J.J. said:

All I've read is excuses not reasons. 

There have been good explanations. You just brushed them aside because you want people to agree with you. Your answer to good & valid points made was shit like "so?". 

Some of the maps are pretty bright as is. Pinehurst and to a lesser extent, crystal lake come to mind. While the Jarvis map is kind of the opposite.

I would'nt have a problem with the beginning of the match in the evening and quickly turning night. That would be pretty cool and no mechanics have to change. ?

• Thanks 1

I mean, they could remove light boxes and you could still have the fear factor. I don't know why but I think it would be more creepy see Jason in day than night lol. Or they could put it in the sandbox mode which they haven't said a word about it since the first dev diary.

2 hours ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

They said they would cosnider it in a tweet before

ok like I said there will probably be daytime map for sp challenges it could never work in multiplayer 

Anyone who disagrees with you is automatically wrong and whatever they may claim becomes void of any validity whatsoever.

Internet discussion 101.

By the way, to the guys who did not sistematically disregard other people's opinion and actually posed the valid point that spotting Jason in bright daylight would be scary, I'd like to say that I agree with you on that, but also that fear buildup is a big part of how Jason can find people around the camp, and most people would probably freak out at the prospect of being attacked by a serial killer in a dark campsite. At least when it's bright you'll probably see him coming, but in the dark? He could be anywhere.

Just because it's daytime doesn't mean the indoors have to be bright, unless there's alot of windows a house without light during the day is kinda dark

5 hours ago, J.J. said:

"The entire system" would not have to be re-worked. It's very easy to add daytime to a game. It's just a matter of colours.

The fear mechanic can still be used you can still have it fade to black when they're scared.

Lol some people are petrified of change 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

Just because it's daytime doesn't mean the indoors have to be bright, unless there's alot of windows a house without light during the day is kinda dark

Last time I checked there's at least two open/non-shuttered windows in each structure.  That's plenty of light in the daytime, especially for smaller cabins.

Light inside the cabins isn't the point.  Fear, for the purposes of this game is primarily generated by three things: darkeness, dead bodies, and seeing Jason.  The only way to reduce Fear is to stand in a light source.  If 90% of the map is bathed in sunlight, there's literally nothing to generate fear except for seeing Jason or a dead body, both of which can be avoided during the first ten minutes or so of a match, regardless of light or the lack thereof. 

On the night maps, you have to find a light source in a building or under an outdoors lamplight to reduce fear.  Having daylight everywhere EXCEPT inside completely negates the use of the mechanic as it's currently constructed--a high-composure/stealth counselor could wander off to a corner of the map and just sit there, basically immune to sense for a majority of the match.

Just now, Andre said:

Lol some people are petrified of change 

Lol, some people don't have an understanding of how the underlying mechanics and systems of this game are interrelated, let alone work.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Lol, some people don't have an understanding of how the underlying mechanics and systems of this game are interrelated, let alone work.

Boy go back and hide under your bed because if you throw a hissy fit about a simple sky color change and adding more light to a video game, I know you wont be able to handle being an adult.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Im all for variety, and this game can use as much variety as Gun Media can give it, it doesnt need "Change-a-phobic" people like you lobbying to keep it in its current state of imperfect. Thank you, goodnight

• Thanks 1

I'd be fine with a day map if it was a town, Forest Green. The town would need to have bots, in key locations so Jason could use dead bodies to generate fear instead of darkness. Other mechanics would need to be introduced as well to bring play into a similar balance as we have now. This doesn't mean I support daylight maps, but is an example of how you could make it work.

Without saying as much, what your all asking for in regards to it being daylight in the camps is a ridiculous counselor buff, one that would take away any advantage to playing a high composure counselor. That actually might be giving you to much credit, maybe you really just like picnics. If your not going to suggest how to balance it or learn the game in the first place, why would any of us listen to you? 

While I don't think daytime maps are a bad idea. Its not something that should be at the forefront of the todo list.

Much like the garbage small maps. They would have to find a way to make Jason way more of a force in daytime, much like the much needed changes that should be happening on those Small maps.

21 minutes ago, Andre said:

Im all for variety, and this game can use as much variety as Gun Media can give it, it doesnt need "Change-a-phobic" people like you lobbying to keep it in its current state of imperfect. Thank you, goodnight

So true whenever anyone brings up the prospect of adding something new to this game (something which exists in thousands of other games) they immediately get shot down by these know-it-all douchebags. I bet he was one of the same guys saying "Roy will never be in the game, they would have to change so many gameplay mechanics to accommodate him!" back when Pinehurst wasn't announced. :lol:

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Andre said:

Boy go back and hide under your bed because if you throw a hissy fit about a simple sky color change and adding more light to a video game, I know you wont be able to handle being an adult.

18 minutes ago, Andre said:

And yet, not one legitimate counterpoint to perfectly valid arguments against daytime maps, apart from "I want it daddy, give it to me now!"

giphy.gif

Ad hominem arguments just make your position all the more precarious, if not volatile.  But by all means, continue name calling. 

4 minutes ago, J.J. said:

So true whenever anyone brings up the prospect of adding something new to this game (something which exists in thousands of other games) they immediately get shot down by these know-it-all douchebags. I bet he was one of the same guys saying "Roy will never be in the game, they would have to change so many gameplay mechanics to accommodate him!" back when Pinehurst wasn't announced. :lol:

It's not being "shot down by know-it-all douchebags" (again with the Ad Hominem attacks...).

Instead of attacking people for providing evidence as to why the proposed idea is not tenable in the game as it is, how about offering solutions and not repeatedly attacking people or going back to "the colors, man".

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I'm waiting for one of them to use my example.

I wish I could live in Canada. :(

For me personally it's not about "shutting down new ideas," what I try to do is inform on the requirements said idea would need in order to happen, and how likely it is those requirements would be met realistically.

It's not that day time matches shouldn't happen, but that it's not likely to happen.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Andre said:

I am for variety if it isn't crappy and doesn't work/kills atmosphere. Daytime just won't work right, no matter how cool it may look to the map, it would be cheesy as it would negate how fear and sense work. Which would be a major buff to Jason, which we don't need. We finally got him somewhat back to being a force to be reckoned with, I would be all for it if it came with a new reworked fear system just for the daytime maps, but that would be a load of work, which would take away from the focus needed on things that truly matter like dedicated servers etc. Just not feasible for multiplayer, maybe for sp challenges. Why can't you agree to disagree with out attacking folks who have a different opinion? Ad hominem attacks on people does nothing for your argument, besides add to the toxicity that most of us are tired of seeing on the forums and in the game.

• Like 1

I'm not against this, in fact I'm for it. There have been day time in the movie where Jason is killing people, so if it can be done right I'm down for it. Higgins Haven day would be pretty cool. You could have the van make a return having the teenagers show up! The Jason smashes one of them in the door of the van. Would make a cool opening for the day time map for that one lol 

• Like 2

Well @J.J.I tried to talk to you about lighting. And you're response was "it's about colours FOOL"

Now you are calling us douchebags, is that smart conversation to you? 

17 hours ago, J.J. said:

You'd lose that bet.  It's never about poo-pooing fresh new ideas that work within the context of the game.  Roy is cannon, and they found a way to make it work without significantly altering any mechanics, all they did was add a different cut scene at the end of the match--a purely cosmetic change.

What you're proposing would be akin to removing the alternator from a car.