Just now, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Not if they're outside. There'd be no difference in light level.

Again, so? There's a killer chasing them they're gonna be scared quit being difficult. It's perfectly possible to have a daytime mode, MILLIONS of games have a daytime mode.

Does it even make a difference if they make a daylight mode lol, most players play with gamma all the way up to see so it basically already looks like you are playing during an overcast day. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, J.J. said:

Again, so? There's a killer chasing them they're gonna be scared quit being difficult. It's perfectly possible to have a daytime mode, MILLIONS of games have a daytime mode.

They'd have to change how the fear mechanic works. If you're outside and Jason cuts the power, you wouldn't notice any difference unless you're paying close attention to the cabins, since the lamp posts wouldn't be turned on in the first place. Also flashlights would be superfluous because their primary purpose is to reduce fear accumulation. That wouldn't be nearly as necessary because your fear would only accumulate inside cabins when the lights are cut.

They'd have to change how the fear mechanic works. If you're outside and Jason cuts the power, you wouldn't notice any difference unless you're paying close attention to the cabins, since the lamp posts wouldn't be turned on in the first place. Also flashlights would be superfluous because their primary purpose is to reduce fear accumulation. That wouldn't be nearly as necessary because your fear would only accumulate inside cabins when the lights are cut.

No they wouldn't a sudden power cut makes a noise and turns off everything, that's enough to scare people being chased.

1 minute ago, J.J. said:

No they wouldn't a sudden power cut makes a noise and turns off everything, that's enough to scare people being chased.

In the game you only hear Jason cutting the power when you're close enough to actually hear the sound effect. If you are out of his range then you only see the lights go out with no sound effect. Again, they'd have to overhaul how the fear system works specifically for daytime maps.

It could easily be in single player but it's not going to be in multiplayer, 99% sure of that.

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

In the game you only hear Jason cutting the power when you're close enough to actually hear the sound effect. If you are out of his range then you only see the lights go out with no sound effect. Again, they'd have to overhaul how the fear system works specifically for daytime maps.

It could easily be in single player but it's not going to be in multiplayer, 99% sure of that.

Hardly a difficult task for the game developers to do.

I will say this though, it's hilarious how most of the best kills happened during daytime in the movies. 

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

1 hour ago, J.J. said:

Why can't there be any daytime maps in the game? (You know a random selection of daytime to nighttime like how maps randomly have rain or no rain). Jason has made plenty of kills in the daytime so it makes sense for there to be daytime maps. When I think of Camp Crystal Lake I always think of it in the daytime as it had the most screen time overall in the day.

Here we go again, lol.

The first line of your very first post reads as follows," Why can't there be daytime maps in the game?"

You are asking a question. You are getting good answers, that are logical and easily read, given in a respectful way. People aren't necessarily being difficult just because you don't like the answer to your question. People are agreeing with you and also stating that given an opportunity to explore the map in the day time , they'd take it. Sounds like a cool idea. But as far as game play goes , it wouldnt work. There are reasons why it wouldnt work and reasons that it just doesnt make sense. You saying that it would be easy to do , doesnt make it make sense.  You saying that cutting the power in the daytime would still be scary, sure maybe it would be, but not as scary as night time thus it wouldnt make mush sense. 

I agree that checking out the locales during the day would be neat. I would do it, but I wouldnt do the true exploration in game anyway, there 's just no time for that while trying to take care of objectives and stay alive.

So for the record, I'm not trying to argue. I actually think day time exploration would be a good thing, just not during game play, for the reasons stated. I'm not trying to be difficult but I'm also defending the opinion that , however "cool" it might be , it wouldnt be "cool" enough to constitute the changes that would be needed to make or the differences in the fear mechanics.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sweenmasheen said:

Here we go again, lol.

The first line of your very first post reads as follows," Why can't there be daytime maps in the game?"

You are asking a question. You are getting good answers, that are logical and easily read, given in a respectful way. People aren't necessarily being difficult just because you don't like the answer to your question. People are agreeing with you and also stating that given an opportunity to explore the map in the day time , they'd take it. Sounds like a cool idea. But as far as game play goes , it wouldnt work. There are reasons why it wouldnt work and reasons that it just doesnt make sense. You saying that it would be easy to do , doesnt make it make sense.  You saying that cutting the power in the daytime would still be scary, sure maybe it would be, but not as scary as night time thus it wouldnt make mush sense. 

I agree that checking out the locales during the day would be neat. I would do it, but I wouldnt do the true exploration in game anyway, there 's just no time for that while trying to take care of objectives and stay alive.

So for the record, I'm not trying to argue. I actually think day time exploration would be a good thing, just not during game play, for the reasons stated. I'm not trying to be difficult but I'm also defending the opinion that , however "cool" it might be , it wouldnt be "cool" enough to constitute the changes that would be needed to make or the differences in the fear mechanics.

All I've read is excuses not reasons. Again if millions of other games can have a daytime so can this game.

• Confused 1

How about rather than outright daytime, but rather sunrise and sunset as the "daytime" variants?

You still get a spooky atmosphere where there's some daylight coming in (and leaving in sunset's case), but still capable of having dark places in the camp sites.

9 minutes ago, J.J. said:

All I've read is excuses not reasons. Again if millions of other games can have a daytime so can this game.

I would post definitions of the 2 words to show you the difference but you would just interpret it the way that you choose anyway so there isn't really a point . 

You don't really want this game to be like millions of others do you? ;)

16 minutes ago, J.J. said:

Millions of other games don't predicate a vital mechanic to darkness and light levels like this game does.

False Equivalence- describing a situation of logical and apparent equivalence, when in fact there is none.

GTA V has daylight and is a great game, therefore adding daylight to F13 will make it a great game.

False equivalence.

Daytime could work for, say, Virtual Cabin 3.0, but wouldn't work for online matches, unless you just want to slap it in there with no adjustments and pretend it makes just as much sense as night time.

The only logical way to make daytime matches work is to increase the power of Jason's fear effect to make up for the loss of fear caused by the environment, which would beg the question of why Jason is more scary in the daytime than night time.

15 minutes ago, J.J. said:

Moving the goal post fallacy.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Millions of other games don't predicate a vital mechanic to darkness and light levels like this game does.

False Equivalence- describing a situation of logical and apparent equivalence, when in fact there is none.

GTA V has daylight and is a great game, therefore adding daylight to F13 will make it a great game.

False equivalence.

Daytime could work for, say, Virtual Cabin 3.0, but wouldn't work for online matches, unless you just want to slap it in there with no adjustments and pretend it makes just as much sense as night time.

The only logical way to make daytime matches work is to increase the power of Jason's fear effect to make up for the loss of fear caused by the environment, which would beg the question of why Jason is more scary in the daytime than night time.

It would work for online matches. It worked for the films and the film's are great.

Stop posting wikipedia links I HATE that sorry excuse for a site. :angry:

I got blocked by an admin for "disrupting" an article when I actually formatted it better and didn't remove any information at all. Can you believe that? Screw Wikipedia i'm boycotting it.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

False equivalence.

It doesnt matter my man. It all falls on deaf ears. It doesnt matter how many facts are given or how much logic you use, It's all a waste of time and effort. It just doesnt matter. :(

3 minutes ago, J.J. said:

Stop posting wikipedia links I HATE that sorry excuse for a site. :angry:

I got blocked by an admin for "disrupting" an article when I actually formatted it better and didn't remove any information at all. Can you believe that? Screw Wikipedia i'm boycotting it.

It still doesn't diminish the validity of what @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow is saying.  Ad Hominem attacks against Wikipedia are not a valid defense against legitimate points of argument that are based in fact and reason.  Reducing them to "excuses" is both lazy and factually incorrect.

• Thanks 1

@J.J. Just want to say I have no ill-will towards you, just offering my interpretation on how the game would function with daytime matches.

They will be great!!!

37 minutes ago, J.J. said:

Millions of horror genre multiplayer games have daytime setting?

and yeah it's not about colours it's about light. Let's talk about dynamic lighting shall we.

"While many lighting principles can be borrowed from film and theatre lighting design theories, the interactive nature of games distinguishes them substantially from film and theatre. Game environments are dynamic and unpredictable due to the interactive freedom afforded to users within the world, thus narrative context, users’ positions and perspectives within the gameworld-crucial parameters to the calculation of lighting-cannot be assumed. Therefore, in this article, we argue for the use of dynamic lighting. Dynamic lighting is a type of simulated lighting where lighting calculations are computed in real time. Therefore, using dynamic lighting enables on-the-fly lighting calculations accounting for real-time variations, such as change in game state, narrative, player’s and characters’ positions and camera movement. This practice privileges interaction, emotion and dramatic content, as opposed to the current methods that tend to rely on static lighting to emphasis virtual space"

1 minute ago, huuru said:

Millions of horror genre multiplayer games have daytime setting?

and yeah it's not about colours it's about light. Let's talk about dynamic lighting shall we.

"While many lighting principles can be borrowed from film and theatre lighting design theories, the interactive nature of games distinguishes them substantially from film and theatre. Game environments are dynamic and unpredictable due to the interactive freedom afforded to users within the world, thus narrative context, users’ positions and perspectives within the gameworld-crucial parameters to the calculation of lighting-cannot be assumed. Therefore, in this article, we argue for the use of dynamic lighting. Dynamic lighting is a type of simulated lighting where lighting calculations are computed in real time. Therefore, using dynamic lighting enables on-the-fly lighting calculations accounting for real-time variations, such as change in game state, narrative, player’s and characters’ positions and camera movement. This practice privileges interaction, emotion and dramatic content, as opposed to the current methods that tend to rely on static lighting to emphasis virtual space"

It's about colours FOOL!

• Confused 1

If they do implement a daylight mode, I mean hey at least it is something different for once.