Sign in to follow this  
Sphen1313

Make Jason tougher.

Maybe it's just me, but I think Jason's mask comes off too easily. It used to be hard to kill him in the beginning when people didn't know all the details,  and his grab was outrageous, but it's far too easy now. Also,  there is that little trick with Tommy and the axe where you can get two basically guaranteed hits on him with the axe. It almost always knocks his mask off on the second hit too. I'm not asking for anything crazy. I think there should be two simple changes. 

1 Jason needs to be immune after getting knocked down, stunned, or after a counselor uses a pocket knife. It's not fair that people can get a free swing before he can move. 

2 the Jason's that have a weak defense or HP should be as durable as normal Jason's are now,  and all other Jason's should get a boost to defense. It shouldn't be 3 or 4 hits and his mask is off. It should be a battle. It should be a war to get his mask off. 

• Like 1

No Thank you! Jason is okay as he is now, We don't want to throw the currently decent balance into chaos 

So the fact that you can knock Jason's mask off with successive hits without him being able to move seems fair? Being able to kill Jason 7 times in a day isn't too easy?

4 minutes ago, Sphen1313 said:

So the fact that you can knock Jason's mask off with successive hits without him being able to move seems fair? Being able to kill Jason 7 times in a day isn't too easy?

If you let people do that to oyu change your preference to play as counselor because clearly you are a bad jason.

I've played this game since it came out, I'm level 150, all badges maxed, all trophies but two,  and I've only ever been killed once. I don't think I'm bad at Jason. I'm guessing you guys don't know the trick since you literally can't move as Jason while it's being done to you. Either that,  or you're the type that just runs away when your mask gets knocked off and hides, which is pathetic. 

I don't think the Frames when he is getting up are intended for hitting, I think that Devs Should Give Him Immunity during that time, Nothing else is needed right now.

36 minutes ago, SmugDoka said:

I don't think the Frames when he is getting up are intended for hitting, I think that Devs Should Give Him Immunity during that time, Nothing else is needed right now.

That moment and after he gets hit with a pocket knife there is a brief window too. We need those changes at least. I still think he should be a little more durable. I just want more of a challenge. It's basically a guarantee Jason is dead if I'm Tommy now. 

11 hours ago, Sphen1313 said:

1 Jason needs to be immune after getting knocked down, stunned, or after a counselor uses a pocket knife. It's not fair that people can get a free swing before he can move.

I agree it's unfair, but it's also unfair when a counselor's hit doesn't register at all.

They need to have it to where Jason cannot be stun-locked and fix the hit detection for both counselor and Jason.

11 hours ago, Sphen1313 said:

2 the Jason's that have a weak defense or HP should be as durable as normal Jason's are now,  and all other Jason's should get a boost to defense. It shouldn't be 3 or 4 hits and his mask is off. It should be a battle. It should be a war to get his mask off. 

I like this idea! I always thought it was too easy to kill Jason.

Tommy Jarvis should not be able to knock Jason to his knees when he's stunned with the sweater as well as deal the final blow. I've seen many people do this with an ax.

The sweater should cause the user to not be able to move at all while triggered. Spamming R2 to break out of the sweater seems like a glitch that causes killing Jason to be too easy.

I think it should take 3 people to kill Jason, not 2.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sphen1313 said:

That moment and after he gets hit with a pocket knife there is a brief window too. We need those changes at least. I still think he should be a little more durable. I just want more of a challenge. It's basically a guarantee Jason is dead if I'm Tommy now. 

To be honest I don't play as the combative type in game so It wouldn't matter if Jason's Mask was off or on for me, Lone Wolf Repair For Life

9 minutes ago, SmugDoka said:

To be honest I don't play as the combative type in game so It wouldn't matter if Jason's Mask was off or on for me, Lone Wolf Repair For Life

I usually run deb with motorboating, my dads a cop and lead foot, but if I'm Tommy it's on. 

8 minutes ago, Sphen1313 said:

I usually run deb with motorboating, my dads a cop and lead foot, but if I'm Tommy it's on. 

I have a Stamina Infused Deb with a Cop Daddy

Marathon

Restful

Cop Daddy

There's just something I enjoy about outrunning Jason in a boat. Mines epic,  so I can outrun slow water speed in reverse lol. 

I escaped From Pinehurst by boat in 4 minutes, I also picked up a kenny swimming in the water

lol

I agree, make it tougher to kill Jason, it was supposed to be the hardest thing in game to achieve, 1 out of 70 games, but nope, 3 hits, a sweater stun later, Jason is dead. Everyone is able to do it now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tex138 said:

If you have a good Jason then you can’t get the sweater 

How so? You gonna trap the cabin? Tommy's first aid takes care of that? You gonna pop up and kill them when they go in? I hope you do because I'm gonna be waiting there as Tommy to kill you. Saves me the trouble of hunting you down. 

• Haha 1

tenor.gif

Jason is fine, he is actually a threat now. 

Let's focus on things such as improving the textures of the map to make it look similar to that of the beta. 

Let's also focus on getting updates about the progress of the engine getting upgrade. 

Jason as of right now is in almost in a near perfect state of being a threat. 

It is not that hard to avoid being stun raped. 

I would really love to play against these people that say it's not hard to avoid getting stun locked. I guarantee I can easily kill them as Tommy with an axe. You literally knock Jason down, stand behind him in combat stance, and hit him as soon as he gets up. You can't stop it. You can't react, and your mask comes off 99% of the time. 

@Sphen1313 it really depends more on what Jason you're using and how good you are with combat in groups. If the counselors aren't organized, the kill isn't going to happen even if they do manage to get the mask off. Against a good group that knows how to fight, you just have to play smarter. It will be more difficult, but you can still kill them all.

I think some of you are missing what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about general combat. I'm not even referring to combat as a group. I'm referring to a specific series of actions that can be done to Jason that almost always knocks his mask off and he can't react to it. I'm not having a problem fighting counselors. I've only ever been killed once in almost a year. I'm saying its too easy for me to kill Jason. If you know the trick,  it's not fair to Jason. Everytime my friend and I play, we kill at least 5-7 Jason's a day. They're not AFK. They're not all low levels. It's just as easy to kill people over level 100. I wanna be scared to try to kill Jason. You should be. It shouldn't be oh hey I'm Tommy let's kill this guy. 

Jason shouldn't be tougher right now. At this point of the game, the developers had made it to where the game now favors Jason.

I'm not very happy with the fact that they made it to where finding pocket knives is 1/4 the relevancy of finding a fucking Pamela Tape, I thought that maybe they were gonna remove maybe 3 or 4 pocket knives from the camp, which would be a pretty BALANCED BUFF FOR JASON. HOWEVER, THEY decided to remove nearly EVERY SINGLE KNIFE from the campgrounds.
And Sadly, there isn't always times where you, fortunately, have another counselor to whack Jason in order to save you. It's pretty rare unless you play with friends in a lobby.

Let's not forget that the return of his sinister grab has made a debut once again in Friday The 13th: The Game; The nice nostalgia of that wonderful grab that magically teleports you into his hand. 
They DID return the broken grab again except it's just slightly nerfed, but it's still a great buff for Jason.

They also gave Jason more pocket knives at the start, just to make counselors waste even more stamina panicking because Roy and Part 6 Jason end up with 8 knives at the start.

All in all, Jason should not get a buff that makes it harder to remove his mask because he'll be even more overpowered now. If you really wanted a buff to his mask, you should probably learn how to effectively play Jason, because at this point, Jason shouldn't get any more buffs.

-Qcici

Also, why do you think that it should be a war to remove Jason's mask? Do you realize that Trisha from part 4 went solo against Jason and remove his mask by herself, right?

On average, there are 3-4 pocket knives in a match without Tommy. I'm not sure how much more you need to survive. Also,  I'm not complaining about this because people are beating up on me as Jason, as I have stated. Im complaining because it's too easy for me to kill Jason. I want a challenge. It's not supposed to be easy. He is supposed to be an unstoppable killing force. He is supposed to be a terror. You're supposed to fear for your virtual life when you see him. You're not supposed to kill him in three hits. 

Also, I've seen a couple of you mention "playing Jason smarter" without any actual suggestions. So let's play out a scenario. I'm Tommy with an axe. Tell me how you play me smarter.