Thatguyinktown

Item spawn distance related to average lobby level

What if item spawn distance was relative to the average level of the lobby. Take the average of the level of every person in the lobby, and let that correspond to the distance repair parts spawn from their destination. Lobby average of 1-50 has closest part spawns, 51-100 has normal, and 101-150 has Jarvis house-like spawn distances. This could help with perceived balance issues, and create more of a challenge for upper level lobbies.

• Like 1

Unfortunately level does not correlate with skill, only time invested. Maybe it could be based on the lobby's average deaths & escapes within the last 20 games? Die a lot and items will spawn one or two cabin's distance closer to the objective, escape a lot and they'll spawn further away.

At leas the op isn’t whining about pocket knives... just play more and you’ll figure out the spawns

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, shodan said:

At leas the op isn’t whining about pocket knives... just play more and you’ll figure out the spawns

The OP isn't complaining at all... What are you even talking about? The OP is just making a suggestion to balance the game's difficulty on average level of the lobby and you're telling him to get better at figuring out objective item spawn locations? I think you need to reread this guy's post man.

As for the OP I personally disagree because I like that the map has basically 4 large squares to work with (Excluding Jarvis or Pinehurst) and it still takes a bit of time to actually find out where the phone fuse is much less the phone box itself.

It's actually a very good idea.

Small maps for example are notoriously easy for counselors. To challenge those player lobbies filled with many higher level players, having the items spawn a bit farther than they would for lower average level lobbies would make it more interesting. Likewise, on the huge maps (Jarvis and Pinehurst) it would help lower average level lobbies locate parts a bit quicker and make it more interesting as well. In the first example, counselors wouldn't be able to steamroll objectives in the first 5 minutes of the game as easily. In the second example, the newer players would not be tortured by extreme item spawn distances and give them a better fighting chance versus Jason. It is about like installing an option for difficulty that sets itself to the make-up of the current lobby.

If you wanted to, you could make it not apply to standard sized maps, but it would potentially help interest for the small and huge maps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That would still be better than Someone running off with the fuse and dying In the Middle of Freaking Nowhere on the other Side of a Map, So Yes that is kind of Interesting.

10 hours ago, Chetork said:

The OP isn't complaining at all... What are you even talking about? The OP is just making a suggestion to balance the game's difficulty on average level of the lobby and you're telling him to get better at figuring out objective item spawn locations? I think you need to reread this guy's post man.

As for the OP I personally disagree because I like that the map has basically 4 large squares to work with (Excluding Jarvis or Pinehurst) and it still takes a bit of time to actually find out where the phone fuse is much less the phone box itself.

I see why you misunderstood me.  My post was just commenting on new players who find the game hard and want to change game play.  The suggested he made at first sounds good, but it’s difficult to implement with a small population and it’s really doesn’t teach people to play well. 

1 hour ago, shodan said:

I see why you misunderstood me.  My post was just commenting on new players who find the game hard and want to change game play.  The suggested he made at first sounds good, but it’s difficult to implement with a small population and it’s really doesn’t teach people to play well. 

Yeah okay sorry for the confusion. Yeah also agreed game count is too small to be concerned with implementing this atm.

I agree with @Alkavian, this is a good idea.

While level doesn't correlate to skill, it correlates to experience.

By the time you've reached a high level, you should know how to play this game effectively and well.

• Like 1