Sign in to follow this  
lightningbolt

More Interactable Thingies

Since there are no longer enough pocket knives generated in a map for most of the councilor team to have them , use them on traps and escape jason (there was not even necessarily enough to begin with), give us two other separate items we can pick up, one which can only be used to get out of grabs and the other which can only be used to disable traps.

Let us say that the item that can only be used to escape a grab is a screw driver and the item that can be used to disable a trap is a twig from the forest that can go into your inventory.

What this does then is make the pocket knife a utility tool in your inventory that can be used to escape grabs or to disable a trap, the screw driver to only escape grabs and twigs to only disable traps.

Councilors should not be left with so few options to survive. If pocket knives are to be limited, it would be appropriate to compensate for that in the game world with two other items that do what the pocket knives does, but only part of what it does each.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Not a bad idea. I think a twig is too simple and would cause people to question why they can't use other objects (2x4, wrench, stick, etc.) to disable the traps, but I really like the idea. I can't think of another item I would suggest in the twigs place off the top of my head though. This would be a great suggestion to implement.

• Like 1

On 2018-01-19 at 7:03 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

I'd like to be able to sacrifice a weapon to disable a trap, don't really care if Jason is notified. Seems wrong to make my character purposely step in a trap when I'm holding something, just let me set it off with my bat or poker. Notify Jason, but let me skip the escape mini game, and save my med. spray. The weapon should be destroyed, when you strike the trap with it, then Jason should get his triggered trap notification. 

• Like 1

I thought twigs, because they could have a few of those scattered in way out of the way places which are not near anything. Screw drivers, because those would be found more often or not in drawers and they can have pocket knives generate onto either camp sites or in drawers.

I thought about the suggestion of letting things like wrenches being used to disable traps; but, then this game has been out for a while and there has been multiple times where a functionality like that could have been added in a patch, so there must be a reason on the devs end not to add weapons as ways to disable traps. Seems to be a very common suggestion.

On 2018-01-25 at 9:18 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

Leave the trap numbers the same but allow Jason to collect unused counsellor traps. 

No flare gun to trigger traps, but I'd let the shotgun be allowed. Anything long enough, so yeah no pot or pan.

On 2018-01-25 at 6:59 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

I think if you tank a trap, even if you heal your overall speed should be reduced. If you've just pried a rusty bear trap off your leg, without tearing up all the muscles, your limping no matter how much adrenaline is pumping through you veins. But I also think you should be able to sacrifice your melee weapon to set off the bear traps, giving Jason an alert, and leaving you defenceless. Let Jason collect counsellor traps, that way you might leave the players with less overall weapons.

The game is a horror game, so I do think it should lean in Jason's favor, but little things would add more hard choices to the game.

On 2018-01-28 at 7:24 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

The hand gun should be a revolver, it should take two or three hits to trigger a stun. Finding loose bullets in empty drawers would be cool, and fill some empty drawers up. Reloading animations should be on the long side for balance. Loose shotgun shells or flares would make them more useful weapons. I got a list, I'll post the rest of the thoughts on it up here tomorrow. Maybe you'll be kind enough to include some of them in your write up, beautiful graphics by the way.

Ok here's the rest, now that I have time. Empty drawer fixes and new items/mechanics.

-Locked Drawers, a simple lock that any Drawer Key will open quietly, play a mini game to pick the lock or break it open attracting Jason in the process, large sound bubble is generated, luck determines success of forced entry and your weapon may break(must have a weapon to attempt.)

-Drawer Keys, opens locked drawers without difficulty or noise, more than one spawn but they all work for any drawer.

-Flashlight Batteries, after 4 mins. of use light starts to flicker slowly getting weaker, search drawers to find more half dead batteries. Flicking your light on and off may get it going again, think about how people bang their light against their hand in movies. 

-Bullets/Shotgun Shells/Flares, found loose in drawers around camp, reloading is done by selecting the inventory slot occupied by the type of round and weapon you have, each slot in your inventory can hold 6 Bullets, 3 Shotgun Shells, or 3 flares. Loading times should be fair but long.

-Map Specific Lore Items, newspaper clippings, journal entry's or a futuristic data drive. Get out alive with each item, and earn a badge for collecting them all. They should appear in your progress menu, most could be half lifted right out of the virtual cabin. 

-Condoms, more a joke than anything else, just thought it would be funny to earn a safe sex badge. First you must escape from each map with them in your inventory.

-Polaroid Camera, take up to (X) pictures, use it to prove Jason is real. Pictures would be saved in a new area called the Photo Album, basically works by giving you temporary first person view to capture a screen shot.

New Perks/Items - These I feel could go either way, as perks they give you a small advantage but as items they take up to much room to be useful, so the Devs can hash it out.

-Lockpick, allows mini game to open locked drawers, bonus repair, 

-Photographer, start with camera, bonus composure, plus to stumble

Clothing Accessories - These could be worth real money if all your characters can start with them. Finding any of these in a map should be cause for celebrations, but you might learn that Jason hates when players have to many things and so you've only really painted a giant target on your back. 

--Lanyard, Drawer/Car Keys no longer take up a spot in your inventory

-Fanny Pack, plus one inventory slot. So eighties, had to be on the list.

-Satchel, plus two inventory slots.

-Purse, plus two inventory slots.

-Backpack, plus three or four inventory slots. 

-Picnic Basket, plus two slots, start with (Pocket) Knife. If we never get drugs and alcohol, could we at least get a funny substitute. Watching Mitch moving a battery ten feet dropping it, going back for the Picnic Basket ten feet past the battery dropping it and repeating to get across the map would be hilarious. "Like man, I couldn't leave my stash of PB&J behind, someone might have thought it was lost, dude, they might have taken it, duuude."

-First Aid Kit, start with Med. Spray, Bandages, Pocket Knife. Only has one slot when empty or after the Med. Spray is used. 

-Signal Kit, start with Flare Gun, Firecrackers(maybe 2), and Two extra flares. Only has one slot when empty.

---------------------Any items that start with players shouldn't add to the number of items on any map-------------------

There done. Anyway feed back would be appreciated, these ideas tie into some off my other posts. I think giving players access to the extra slots should only happen if we move to a longer form game mode, without the time limit or if we can move between maps. Adding more items is supposed to make players have to choose what to carry and what to leave behind, adding more slots would defeat the purpose. Still I think they could have a place in the game if the Devs keep up the good work. 

On 2018-01-28 at 11:51 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

I think the idea of a ski resort is interesting, I'm trying to picture it but feel like, something's missing. I'm going to ramble a little and see if it shakes loose. New maps that could be done, lets see, well first up is the town map.

First map - Town Map. Police station, country hospital, diner, and a few houses. Think it would have to be a large size map, but I think I'd remove the water that occupies so much of other maps. I'd use train tracks to block off the rest of town from the players, so it would go across the north side of the map, low but fenced off, then run up a hill and block the east or west side of town with an embankment. Would use the forest and terrain tactic the Devs use on the other sides of the map, locking you into a small section. The embankment would have one tunnel leading to freedom, and the road would run across the south edge, to the other exit in toward the camps. Couple trailers in an off season trailer park on that side, fencing again blocking off the map.

Second map - Road Map. I want to be able to leave camp, so this is what I propose, when you exit any map, there exist an opportunity to go to the Roads map. It's a just a bunch of interconnected paved and dirt roads but it connects all the maps in the game, giving you a chance to play a different mode. It could be fun to see how it all connects, where each camp lies on Crystal Lake. The roads themselves can be confined to gorges, with rock walls on either side. It should be large enough to explain why you can't just leave the map early. You'd be good as dead, almost nowhere to hide, no weapons but sticks. The map screen in this map would give you the locations where you can enter the camps, and a rough view of the half of the lake where it all is located. One sealed entrance would be marked Ski Resort, coming soon, it would be beside the exit to town I think, with the house maps kinda breaking up the shoreline. Dirt roads leading between them, with small forests linking some exit gates. As for the mode, it would be a race to town. Jason would receive huge but fair boosts to shift and morph, as counsellors start with cars, or a boat(I'd skip the boat chase unless it gives you access to the Lazarus). The roads would have both random dead falls, and trees Jason has prepared as traps. Give him one or two homemade spike stripes, to slow but not stop the car. The counsellors would have only what they had with them when leaving, and what ever their luck allows them to find in the cars. I imagine escaping, only for four of us survive to be chased, realizing that we can't make it, we turn through a gate early and find ourselves in a different camp, our car running out of gas. This would be amazing, a new twenty minute time starts, so we rush to call the cops, but it's going to take longer, 2 extra minutes the roads are a mess, and they think it might be a prank, it is the second call tonight. I would pay for this, it might not be possible, but they could have my money to make it happen.

Third Map - The Cabin, this idea would require the permission of a couple people. I think they would go for it, if we asked nicely. I think the only thing that could make me love this game more is if I found myself at Professor Knowby's Cabin from Evil Dead. The attention to detail in this game is awe inspiring, can you imagine how cool that would be. I'm done, that's it for this one, I want to be surprised so I'm not going to suggest anything else. But damn does the thought excite me. 

I think I know what it is about a ski resort that bothers me. Hockey jokes, people will make hockey jokes, and I won't know what the hell their talking about. Anyways great topic, hope to read other people's responses later.

On 2018-01-29 at 10:35 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

Could the community weigh in on the idea of an all connecting Road Map? I'd really like to see how it all fits together, or visiting different camps to escape Jason. Any feed back you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

8 hours ago, Jubileet said:

At launch you could search through several houses and find nothing of use besides a weapon. Each match consists of endless searching draw after draw, it's a bit bland and extremely repetitive. With the new update scaling back items we've run into the same issue. The problem isn't the total amount of items its the limited quantity especially on these huge maps.

I have two suggestions to fix this along with some examples.

First, items should be also be found outside cabins and drawers more consistently and within Jason's cabin. Campfires are great, but how about spawning items along the beach (not just when someone escapes or dies), within the forest, along the road, etc. Increase chance to spawn @ specific locations dependent on the item. So, it's likely we will find a wrench in the repair shop and a flare gun in the boat house as opposed to in the forest on the ground (though there should still be a very small chance that makes it possible). This makes searching feel a bit more like searching. You're looking around the cabin for anything useful (besides objective items and weapons). There should be an abundance of items that counselors need to decide what to keep and what to leave behind.

Second, itemization needs more variety in the game. There are very few items to be found within the campgrounds and the newly introduced towns (Jarvis Residence & Youth Center). Counselors search endlessly (and frantically) through cabin after cabin just to find... well nothing now. A whole town with nothing to equip yourself to escape or fight - seems a bit silly. To give you a better example of what I'm thinking about here are some simple examples that I would hope (though I'm an expert by no means) easy to implement.

• Generators: Counselors can attach Generators to Electricity Boxes before they are broken to keep the power on for an additional amount of time after Jason breaks the box. Perhaps this causes the lights to flicker (as it does when it's destroyed) while in use. That can make for an interesting chase and kill, eh?
  • Backpacks: Increase Inventory by 1 - 2 slots or ability to carry boulders with less speed penalty
  • Toolbox: Counselors can repair the radio with a toolbox.
  • Rosemary Beads: Counselors are able to hold their breath much longer and do so quieter. Also prevents sense detection for 30 seconds (can be used outside or inside)
  • Epi-Pen: Increases Counselors top speed by a specific number for a short period of time (3-5 seconds), after 1 minute your max stamina is reduced for an additional minute
  • Scissors: 100% increase speed to escaping Jason's grasp, after 1 minute your max stamina is reduced for an additional minute
  • Hammer & Nails: Adds defense to barricaded doors for an additional swing from Jason. Prevents an undamaged door from Rage Mode.
  • Lanterns: Place able light object that illuminates a small area reducing fear for 30 seconds for those in range for its duration.
  • Boulders: Reduces overall top speed significantly but can be used to destroy bear traps.
  • Firewood: Increases Campfire light radius and temporarily reduces fear but effect is lost very quickly outside of its radius.
  • Compass: On use it reveals the location of cops may arrive from, with a % chance to be inaccurate. 
  • Flippers: Silly, but I was trying to think of something that would increase swimming speed significantly.
  • Life Vest: Like a pocket knife for the water, prevents one drowned death from Jason. 
  • Bandages: Increases top movement speed when limping.
  • Road flares: Player made way points that are put on the map for other counselors.
  • Crowbar: Grants the ability to unlock locked doors (not barricades)

As you can see, none are game breaking - but allows for a more dynamic game play experience from a counselors perspective. Yes, Jason should have an advantage but as players we spend 90% of time playing this game as a counselor so there should be more ways for us to play. My goal was to create ideas that are focused on escaping Jason and not fighting. These items should all be consumables like everything else. The update is fresh and fun, but overall the game is still a bit stale and now that there is less to do than before.

Thoughts?

Moved Jubileet's comments over as I thought they might apply. Hoping to generate feedback, and end all the infighting.

Rosemary Beads, interesting suggestion.

Scissors, alternate pocket knife.

Hammer and nails, two separate items. Also incorporate a 2 by 4 the weapon is used up.

Compass, great idea, maybe have it go on you belt rather than take a slot.

Life Vest, this is good, more like this please.

Bandages, should be how you heal from bear traps not med. spray.

Road Flare, could be thrown at Jason or dropped to mark, if thrown it shouldn't be a stun, just make him look at where it goes then let him do what he wants.

Crowbar, new weapon that also give B&E abilities cool, shouldn't break after one use though.

I'm not against the other ideas, I just don't have anything for them at the moment.

• Like 1

It would be nice if people read this, as Jubileet and I have an excellent list for you.

On 2018-02-04 at 10:45 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

It has been good since the update, so much running for our lives.

I don't hate the dancing, but the dance parties over stunned Jason annoy me so much. As Jason, I wish it would let me pin the counselors foot to the ground with a throwing knife. Go straight to limping, do not past go, do not collect two hundred dollars. 

You may recognize some of it, people sure do like to borrow things.

25 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I think I'd like repair characters, anyone above say five repair, should be given some other activity on the map that only they can do. I really hate the way it scales, I actually find it easier with mid. to low repair skill. As for activities only someone with high repair could do I'll think of something. I'm trying to think of what kids with high mechanical skill did in the eighties did for fun. These are just suggestions.

- Start Tractor, Reggie(gets this as a perk), let's you drive the Tractor and hand out stuns if Jason gets to close.

- Barricade Cabin, all the ideas so far, hammer/nails, nailgun, two by four, move furniture. It's not that a stronge character couldn't just move things, it's about making it a strong defence, if repair is a catch all for engineering then higher equals harder for Jason. (Lots of people contributed these ideas, sorry no call outs)

- Use the camp cameras when in hiding, some cabins would be good for this. Basically your character knows enough about electronics to high jack the signal to a little portable nineteen eighties t.v.

- Add a remote control car, and remote control unit. Let's you scout the camp in a mini car. Use it to follow Jason and provide intel to your team. Or just mess around till you get killed because your counselor is sitting on a bed with a mini t.v. in their lap and a wireless controller.

- Fireworks, not many one or two per map, but a weapon only repair counselors could use. Wire up a trap that fires through the hole in a door. (Shelly just makes it at a five), or between two objects like cabins or trees. Alternately you could use a flare gun. Need fishing line see below.

Add dangerous farm equipment to specific maps, mini game to create a trap or weapon

- the wood chipper, use a chain as a snare to pull Jason toward the machine, mini game to escape, instantly removes Jason's mask if he fails, any check. Most Jason's won't fall for this but if done right he could have no choice but to just get it over with, or let time run out. 

- lawn mower (stun, max damage weapon) rigged to run in a straight line, push it around in front of you till you line up Jason and fire it like a shotgun. Don't hit you friends. Safety covers removed, self pull device jimmied with. Safety taped down. Get from a shed or work bench. 

- Fix the chainsaw, I know the game doesn't have a chainsaw, but there is a place for it in Pinehurst so just thinking ahead. 

Items - might also help balance it out

- Fishing Line, adds to any inventory slot with fire crackers and lets you build a proximity trap. Imagine Jason's surprise when he goes to put a trap in front of the car and gets hit with a fire cracker stun. Or comes down the dock to get you on the boat, explosions, little ones.

- Alarm clock, windup clapper used with fishing line to make an auditory only proximity alarm. (Don't waste those fire crackers kids).

- Mylar Tarp, doubles your sense avoidance when combined with bed, closet, or tent. Knowledge is power, only half as effective without repair five. Got to cover up completely, partially blocks view when hiding. 

- Tool belt, by pass failed check, one per mini game. Any counselor should be able to use this but suffer a noise penalty, the higher your repair the less of a penalty, you were born to wear this belt of power.

New Skills - the skills should be balanced to the counselor, so some might have more than others.

- Hide trap, lets you hide traps like Jason. All traps maybe hidden, bear traps only outside though.

- Open locked Cabin door, can open barricaded doors from outside, takes twice as long from the outside, same mechanic though. Only works when your to hurt to climb, as we don't want to give trolls any new toys.

- Tricky Counselor, lets you change Jason's traps so they work on him, or let's you ghost over his traps like he does. Hold button over trap, same as setting them. This will let counselors by pass only one trap, and never the Fuze trap, as Jason takes special care with that one. If Jason traps his shack, well Debra doesn't much care about a little rusty trap in the door.

- Remove window, lets you remove a windows glass so Jason can no longer break it. Takes a mini game to do. 

There that hat should give people somethings to discuss. 

Some more items, think I'm going to try and keep them all here.

I would love to see a backpack put into the game. Maybe found at a campsite, or somewhere random. Only one per match. That would allow players to carry maybe, 5 items. I don't think it would unbalance too much at all, and may even encourage a little more teamwork. A trophy for "pack mule" for collecting a certain amount of them........? And maybe even allow for one random item to spawn inside it upon pick up, like a med spray, pocket knife, or a walkie. Just a thought.

This is a good idea if the matches were longer, but we really don’t need counselors hoarding any more items tbh ya know? I’d like to see more items altogether. Glass bottles that could be used as throwing weapon and other things. What do you think?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

There is a whole thread called new items guys scroll a little farther.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/16387-new-item-suggestions-for-inventory/

Lots more things than just a backpack.

10 minutes ago, Groovalicious666 said:

Yeah. Saw it after I posted. Great ideas. I was just bored at work and thought of it.

I figured a merge, rather than a lock, could keep conversation flowing. :D

• Like 1

Excellent, conversation is good.

23 minutes ago, Groovalicious666 said:

Yeah. Saw it after I posted. Great ideas. I was just bored at work and thought of it.

Anything else you'd like to share, the more item suggestions the better as far as I'm concerned. It will stop a lot of the complaints if people have things they want. They will be forced to leave the things they don't want behind. Also some item's will spawn together. Any suggestions for items that would work in tandem. I think that might make it more interesting for team play, if you need a partner to use something. 

Whoever suggested that some drawers be locked and you have to find an additional key to open them is BRILLIANT. There should be a safe that contains a pocket knife and a pistol. Having to find the key to the safe would be an awesome task and the reward well worth it.

As well, the car keys should be color coded; not any random key set is going to match a car. You should have to find the appropriate set for each car I’d there are multiple cars spawned. That would make escaping even harder and worth it.

• Like 1

How about a snare trap for Jason. A rope based one. He's used them in the films. Traps a player, hangs them upside down. If the counsellor has a pocket knife they can do a qte to escape, or they're stuck for a time limit. Alerting Jason of course. That would add some mayhem.

Thank you BeautyNumber2, colour coding could work. Blue and orange tags for the cars. Red, green, yellow for locked drawers.

Groovalicious, We don't have a list for Jason items. This is an interesting suggestion, the rope Snare has been introduced in other threads but never as a Jason item. 

Does jason get items if we give the counselors a bunch? 

New Jason Items

- Rope, mini game to make a snare trap on a path, or under a tree. This one would be hard too accomplish unless we come up with other options to justify the sites where it could be done on the map.

- Bells or Wind Chimes, let's Jason set an alert over a 20 to 30 foot circle of map. When counselors enter this area the trigger the alert and glow like Sense for 40 - 45 secs.

- Speargun, lets Jason preform one long range kill, when Jason picks up the speargun it replaces his throwing knives till used. It will kill a wounded counselor in one hit, or reduce a healthy counselor to limping till it is remove. Hold Action till you pull it out, healing will only move you to wounded if it's not removed. (The bow would be another option, with each arrow being an item.)

- Rob's Body, if Jason finds Rob let him move the body and activate a death scare on a doorway or window. If a cousnselor opens the door the body rag dolls blocking the way, if you want to push past, pound that action button. 

- Homemade Caltrops, little bent nails so points are always up, bags of of them to toss in front of windows/doorways. Counselors move slower over them, and it you try to sprint in a patch of them you risk a small injury. Takes half the time as a bear trap.

- Boat Chain, lets you drag a water hazard out to the exit like a floating spike strip, if the boat hits it it stalls. Either restart the boat or mini game to fix the propeller.

- Spike Strip, stops cars if run over, after restart (or mini game to untangle), car drives controls become less responsive. 

- Police Band Scanner, lets Jason know which exit the police are going to as soon as they are called, the button is broken so it can't broadcast, and be used by the counselors. Should spawn in the radio tower cabin. 

That's what I got for now, will add more later, I'm liking how different a problem this is. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Ah, new item. Matchbook, combines with firecrackers to make them droppable when Jason grabs you. You fold the matches over on to the striker and tape the fuse down. With a quick pull they light right up.

Moved this so it's all in one place.

edit: Could be only usable as an escape for high repair counselor, 5 plus repair. Must be prepared in advance. 

The scissors, should work the same way as a pocket knife but take up your weapon slot (hand), rather than one of your inventory slots.

The matches would also be something you carry if you want to use them in a grab. 

Edit: response to it being like to many knives all over

At some point Jason will be fixed and options may need to exist. Ideally though I'd just like to be able to throw them when Jason grabs someone and I'm to far away or in a cabin. It wouldn't have to be a baseball pitch, just the ability to toss it based on strength and luck. 

@lightningbolt

I think the both use for the pocket knife is one of the best idea in game.

It's a really hard decision to disarm a trap or keep the knife for Jason's grab, I think it's really great in a survival game.

If they ever put in kid Tommy Jarvis in the game, they should put in an item for him - the shaving machine, so he could kill Jason after shaving his head.
Shaved Tommy would work as the sweater.

New weapons (i dont want to start a new topic):
Shovel, pitchfork. maybe a broomstick.

What do you think about a chainsaw?
There was one in Part II.
You'd need gas to make it work, it would give lots of damage to Jason and stun him for a few seconds longer than normaly.