Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I use marathon on most counselors with stamina below a 6 but is it really effective on low stamina counselors? Nobody would use lightfoot on Vanessa because her stealth is a 1 and it isn’t effective. Does the same hold true for a low stamina counselors and the perk marathon with somebody like Lachappa and Deborah? Or is it a perk that is only effective on high stamina counselors like Tiffany and Vanessa? I also have a 56% fear reduction night owl perk, does that help at all with sense avoidance? Because I’ve used it on Tiffany before and I saw somebody stream and I was in the match and I was actually not glowing red with the night owl perk equipped. I know it doesn’t clearly state that it helps with sense avoidance but does anybody know if it is as good as level headed or low profile?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a 10% marathon. I've tested it personally and I feel like it gives you an extra '1' in stamina. From Lachappa to Vanessa. I can tell an that it does help

 As far as night owl, I have no idea if it hides you from sense but with that perk and stumble advoidance chance on Jenny. You never stumble and it takes around 5-7 min around Jason for my screen to lose the mini map.

Hope this helps! @JennyMyers1984

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marathon is always effective if you have a good one. I have a 14% marathon on Chad and I seem to have the same stamina as a Buggzy which is great since Chad only has 4 stamina. It seems to me it works much better on characters with low stamina than those with high stamina. Night owl decreases fear and may help you avoid Jason's sense before rage. After rage, though, Jason will always be able to sense you if you're in his sense range unless you have sense avoidance perks(which aren't very useful).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

I have a 10% marathon. I've tested it personally and I feel like it gives you an extra '1' in stamina. From Lachappa to Vanessa. I can tell an that it does help

 As far as night owl, I have no idea if it hides you from sense but with that perk and stumble advoidance chance on Jenny. You never stumble and it takes around 5-7 min around Jason for my screen to lose the mini map.

Hope this helps! @JennyMyers1984

I have the 15% marathon and I normally use it on low stamina counselors. I never use it on Buggzy and Vanessa simply because they are already super fast, I don’t use it on Chad either because of his speed although his stamina is pretty medicore. I do use it on Tiffany because despite having the best stamina in the game alongside Vanessa, she lags behind the other three fast counsleors because she’s not as fast. I’m just trying to switch around my perks because I wanna make Tiffany and AJ as invisible as possible to sense but I am so attached to marathon. Thanks for the input!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

Marathon is always effective if you have a good one. I have a 14% marathon on Chad and I seem to have the same stamina as a Buggzy which is great since Chad only has 4 stamina. It seems to me it works much better on characters with low stamina than those with high stamina. Night owl decreases fear and may help you avoid Jason's sense before rage. After rage, though, Jason will always be able to sense you if you're in his sense range unless you have sense avoidance perks(which aren't very useful).

 

I wish sense avoidance perks were more useful then they are. If you have no visible fear then Tiffany and AJ should not be sense on Jason’s radar because of their 10/10 stealth, same goes for Jenny and her 10/10 composure. It makes no “sense” for your character to be glowing red when they have no visible fear. Jason’s job is to create fear within the counselors by destroying electrical boxes and destroying everything in his path, but when he can just shift on a counselor with no fear because they were glowing red it just doesn’t seem right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marathon and restful are a beast together on just about any counselor.  They help tremendously especially if you are being tunneled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

               Night Owl is ok but I feel Nerves of Steel is better. But to be honest you should be taking Marathon and Restful if you have them. Use Marathon on the faster characters because their low composure keeps Restful from being very effective. Marathon will add to the vast pool of stamina these characters have keeping that top speed longer. Use Restful on high composure characters because high composure makes stamina recharge faster. Add Restful and that stamina will recharge very fast. Stacking anti sense perks is a waste of perk slots against solid Jason players. If a Jason player turns on Sense then turns it off it starts it's cooldown from the point it was shut off unlike Shift and Stalk. Those powers trigger their cooldown when they are depleted. 

               So for example you combine Level Headed and Home Body for a 30% chance of going undetected every time Jason hits Sense you may not light up red. However Jason is just going to turn off Sense and reactivate it in four or five seconds anyway and this time you may light up red. So you wasted two slots on an advantage that only helps for a couple seconds and even then chances are it may not even work. But a perk like Thick Skin always gives you an advantage and it only costs one slot.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Alien_Number_Six That's exactly why I use restful on low composure counselors. The fact that they get it back so slow makes restful very effective because it usually brings their regeneration up to how it is when they don't have fear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Imayslaylizdaw said:

@Alien_Number_Six That's exactly why I use restful on low composure counselors. The fact that they get it back so slow makes restful very effective because it usually brings their regeneration up to how it is when they don't have fear. 

Well it's up to you. But in my opinion it doesn't regenerate stamina fast enough to justify the loss of sprint speed and a perk slot on Brandon, Tiffany, Vanessa and Chad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Stacking anti sense perks is a waste of perk slots against solid Jason players. If a Jason player turns on Sense then turns it off it starts it's cooldown from the point it was shut off unlike Shift and Stalk. Those powers trigger their cooldown when they are depleted. 

               So for example you combine Level Headed and Home Body for a 30% chance of going undetected every time Jason hits Sense you may not light up red. However Jason is just going to turn off Sense and reactivate it in four or five seconds anyway and this time you may light up red. So you wasted two slots on an advantage that only helps for a couple seconds and even then chances are it may not even work. But a perk like Thick Skin always gives you an advantage and it only costs one slot.

Good info there! Spamming sense is a hallmark of any descent Jason, the only time it stays on is a shift grab/slash. Then off, back in like 10 seconds. I use 13% marathon, 15% restful, 19% thick skin on my AJ, and Jenny. I'll only take those off for better versions of those perks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Good info there! Spamming sense is a hallmark of any descent Jason, the only time it stays on is a shift grab/slash. Then off, back in like 10 seconds. I use 13% marathon, 15% restful, 19% thick skin on my AJ, and Jenny. I'll only take those off for better versions of those perks.

I have epic anti Sense perks. If I crouch I can draw one hell a Sense resistance. However until Sense works like Stalk and Shift there is no point. So I am keeping them around just in case Sense gets nerfed. I personally feel that it will because I doubt it is being used the way the developers intended. But I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Well it's up to you. But in my opinion it doesn't regenerate stamina fast enough to justify the loss of sprint speed and a perk slot on Brandon, Tiffany, Vanessa and Chad. 

Mine luckily doesn't have any negative. I agree it's wasted on Chad since there are better perks to put on him(Sucker Punch and Swift Attacker), but it's amazing on Vanessa. I don't play Buggzy so I don't know which perks suit him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Well it's up to you. But in my opinion it doesn't regenerate stamina fast enough to justify the loss of sprint speed and a perk slot on Brandon, Tiffany, Vanessa and Chad. 

I actually run marathon, restful, and nerves of steel on Vanessa.  I can run forever with her (as long as I don't out play myself and get killed).  Just find a light source.  She will recover quickly enough.  I also manage her stamina though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marathon is Great on Everyone! 

Especially if you can Add Restful to the Combo :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I have epic anti Sense perks. If I crouch I can draw one hell a Sense resistance. However until Sense works like Stalk and Shift there is no point. So I am keeping them around just in case Sense gets nerfed. I personally feel that it will because I doubt it is being used the way the developers intended. But I could be wrong.

I have an epic low profile 25%, and homebody 20% i'm saving for when they eventually get rid of sense spamming. I know I have been in a few games where some friends have been invisible to my senses yet I see their flashlights, or catch a glimpse of them moving about. Turn off sense, back on in a few seconds. Bingo, just like a Christmas tree! Sometimes I've had to turn senses on and off a couple times before they light up, @Vaderspupil was using Deb with some apparently awesome sense avoidance perks. So, once they make senses like stalk and shift those perks are gonna be desired! Of course once Jason gets rage, they lose value. But, how many times have we escaped before that happens? Unfortunately, as of this post they are not of much use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I have epic anti Sense perks. If I crouch I can draw one hell a Sense resistance. However until Sense works like Stalk and Shift there is no point. So I am keeping them around just in case Sense gets nerfed. I personally feel that it will because I doubt it is being used the way the developers intended. But I could be wrong.

I hope not, sense is fine the way it is. Jason needs no more nerfs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

I have an epic low profile 25%, and homebody 20% i'm saving for when they eventually get rid of sense spamming. I know I have been in a few games where some friends have been invisible to my senses yet I see their flashlights, or catch a glimpse of them moving about. Turn off sense, back on in a few seconds. Bingo, just like a Christmas tree! Sometimes I've had to turn senses on and off a couple times before they light up, @Vaderspupil was using Deb with some apparently awesome sense avoidance perks. So, once they make senses like stalk and shift those perks are gonna be desired! Of course once Jason gets rage, they lose value. But, how many times have we escaped before that happens? Unfortunately, as of this post they are not of much use.

Actually I don't use sense avoidance perks on Deb.  Typically I use Thick Skin, Medic and either Preparedness or Hypochondriac and recently My dad's a cop.  I may have tried the sense avoidance perks briefly at one point and decided they aren't currently worth it.  I try to stay off Jason's radar as much as I can by staying away from others, especially the noisier counselors,never stay in one place for too long(unless I'm in a hiding spot waiting for the cops to arrive) and staying off the beaten path where Jason expects you to be.  If Jason spots me, I'm usually screwed since I can't rely on speed and stamina to get away like Vanessa can.  I can't even fight back unless I have a shot gun or a flare gun since Deb can't stun Jason worth shit.  I even often fail to get stuns with a baseball bat with her. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vaderspupil said:

Actually I don't use sense avoidance perks on Deb.  Typically I use Thick Skin, Medic and either Preparedness or Hypochondriac and recently My dad's a cop.  I may have tried the sense avoidance perks briefly at one point and decided they aren't currently worth it.  I try to stay off Jason's radar as much as I can by staying away from others, especially the noisier counselors,never stay in one place for too long(unless I'm in a hiding spot waiting for the cops to arrive) and staying off the beaten path where Jason expects you to be.  If Jason spots me, I'm usually screwed since I can't rely on speed and stamina to get away like Vanessa can.  I can't even fight back unless I have a shot gun or a flare gun since Deb can't stun Jason worth shit.  I even often fail to get stuns with a baseball bat with her. :(

Yeah, I know how that works! Lol, under the radar she's very effective though. That time I referenced, you said in the lobby afterward that you were indeed experimenting. And said the experiment was now over. Lol, took me two senses before you lit up on the third. I activated stalk, then morphed in and saw your flashlight. You were crouched behind a cabin, I could just see the edge of the light beam. Couldn't see her body. So I figured I would bring Deb up on sense, then shift over. Activate sense, nothing. Sneaky! Turned off senses, Stood there and waited. Watching your flashlight as you regenerated stamina. Tried again, nothing. Damn! Turned sense back off again, you started jogging away as I followed your flashlight still in stalk. Tryed again. Then finally you lit up, I shifted and Deb didn't have a knife. Thing is that whole sequence took total of just over one minute. If they took away sense spamming, and your flashlight had been off. I never would have noticed you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Yeah, I know how that works! Lol, under the radar she's very effective though. That time I referenced, you said in the lobby afterward that you were indeed experimenting. And said the experiment was now over. Lol, took me two senses before you lit up on the third. I activated stalk, then morphed in and saw your flashlight. You were crouched behind a cabin, I could just see the edge of the light beam. Couldn't see her body. So I figured I would bring Deb up on sense, then shift over. Activate sense, nothing. Sneaky! Turned off senses, Stood there and waited. Watching your flashlight as you regenerated stamina. Tried again, nothing. Damn! Turned sense back off again, you started jogging away as I followed your flashlight still in stalk. Tryed again. Then finally you lit up, I shifted and Deb didn't have a knife. Thing is that whole sequence took total of just over one minute. If they took away sense spamming, and your flashlight had been off. I never would have noticed you.

OK, yeah I remember that now. Note to self, when Jason is nearby, turn off flashlight!;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

OK, yeah I remember that now. Note to self, when Jason is nearby, turn off flashlight!;)

Flashlights are such a double edged sword!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

I hope not, sense is fine the way it is. Jason needs no more nerfs.

Changes come. I like the game so I adapt. When Jason was fighting the U.S. Marines before the last patch I would have said the same thing. But now Jason is a serious threat again I could handle a Sense nerf to tweak the balance. I'm not saying that they should go this route but I understand why they would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

I hope not, sense is fine the way it is. Jason needs no more nerfs.

So making stealth and sense avoidance perks useless is ok?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While we're discussing perks, does anyone think Man At Arms, the perk that increases weapon durability, is worth using now that they've reduced the number of weapons in the game? I've been using Sucker Punch to make those wrenches a near guaranteed stun, but maybe it would be better to have them last longer. At least on characters with lower luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

While we're discussing perks, does anyone think Man At Arms, the perk that increases weapon durability, is worth using now that they've reduced the number of weapons in the game? I've been using Sucker Punch to make those wrenches a near guaranteed stun, but maybe it would be better to have them last longer. At least on characters with lower luck.

Anything above rare is ok. Below is useless for anyone. The negative is pretty noticeable, many times has the bat not stunned Jason for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

While we're discussing perks, does anyone think Man At Arms, the perk that increases weapon durability, is worth using now that they've reduced the number of weapons in the game? I've been using Sucker Punch to make those wrenches a near guaranteed stun, but maybe it would be better to have them last longer. At least on characters with lower luck.

It seems to work out ok with Shelly. I haven't tried it with AJ yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...