9 hours ago, shodan said:

I feel the same way, I like this map but it requires that the counselors actually work together. If you play as a repair councelor and no one helps by bringing the items in the you’re  not going to escape.  Both Jarvis and PineHurst put things a little too far where you won’t survive getting the second item to the car/boat. If you find something at least put it in the road towards  the objective.  Not having a weapon in your hands for 20 seconds isn’t life or death.

In Jarvis House the gas tank is always in the cabin next to the boat.

1 hour ago, J.J. said:

In Jarvis House the gas tank is always in the cabin next to the boat.

It depends on where the boat spawns, If it’s on the right side of the map then it usually spawns in one of the cabins on the islands, I’ve found both the propeller and gas in the one on the left.  Sometimes it’s in the right corner but it seems rare. (This is for PC)

If it’s on the left, then usually gas is in the big cabin to the south, the propeller was in a small cabin near Jarvis.  However, I felt that sometimes the second can isn’t spawning or it’s behind something. My friends and I played private matches entire match looking for the item and never found it.   This problem also occurs in Crystal Lake.  This was 4 seasoned players searching and research after one another.

10 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Yeah, that's one of my biggest annoyances in the game, and I only know it's happening due to the parts now being marked on the map.

I'm a "map spammer" if you will...If you've ever watched me on the stream, you'll know what I'm talking about. I use the Preparedness perk on ALL my counselors. So in many people's opinion, I'm basically wasting one of my perks. But I disagree. I get really valuable info off the break by having a map immediately. There's no guess work on where the objectives are, and even better, I have sight on every other counselor right away. I can see exactly where I should and shouldn't go, knowing what will already be looted, etc...

Anyways, I pay close attention to my map and all the moving parts, and I just hate it when you see a blip right next to a part, and then you see them run away from it as if it were Jason, just leaving it there for someone else to come grab it. It's really a shame that those players don't realize that they're not only hurting the cause for every other counselor, but almost themselves. It's usually these players who never have any intention on fixing anything and believe they can kite Jason a full 20. Who, ironically, often use the exact counselors who should be ferrying parts.

But every now and then, you actually come across a good group who gets it and the teamwork is quite good. Like when you pull off a Jason kill in a lobby full of randoms without anyone speaking a word, just blinking flashlights. For the most part, it's the former though.

I tried using preparedness but after post patch really didn’t make it bescesary because if I didn’t find one by the second cabin I’d search which was rare, I’d just make a trip to the map stand and then start map spamming to see what everyone else had been up to.

Now post patch, it more of a better choice but it sucks because normally I stack up on all of the stealth/anti sense perks because I main as AJ. But you gotta the risk/reward right?

I think there's no bad map in the game at all. Pinehurst and Jarvis House are my favourite.

Can't wait the maps from part 6 & 7.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Yeah, that's one of my biggest annoyances in the game, and I only know it's happening due to the parts now being marked on the map.

I'm a "map spammer" if you will...If you've ever watched me on the stream, you'll know what I'm talking about. I use the Preparedness perk on ALL my counselors. So in many people's opinion, I'm basically wasting one of my perks. But I disagree. I get really valuable info off the break by having a map immediately. There's no guess work on where the objectives are, and even better, I have sight on every other counselor right away. I can see exactly where I should and shouldn't go, knowing what will already be looted, etc...

Anyways, I pay close attention to my map and all the moving parts, and I just hate it when you see a blip right next to a part, and then you see them run away from it as if it were Jason, just leaving it there for someone else to come grab it. It's really a shame that those players don't realize that they're not only hurting the cause for every other counselor, but almost themselves. It's usually these players who never have any intention on fixing anything and believe they can kite Jason a full 20. Who, ironically, often use the exact counselors who should be ferrying parts.

But every now and then, you actually come across a good group who gets it and the teamwork is quite good. Like when you pull off a Jason kill in a lobby full of randoms without anyone speaking a word, just blinking flashlights. For the most part, it's the former though.

I have always used Epic Preparedness. It gives SO much useful intel. I don't know how anyone would think it's a wasted perk. I would rather have the strategic edge as soon as the game starts than when I find a map. It really helps in planning. Plus, it does add a little fear resistance. Pinehurst is fun to me. Looks authentic and is well designed. The water makes for interesting movement strategy for Jason.

48 minutes ago, huuru said:

I think there's no bad map in the game at all. Pinehurst and Jarvis House are my favourite.

Can't wait the maps from part 6 & 7.

I don't think we'll get a Part 6 map as they've already done a Camp Crystal Lake map which is a mix up of its many appearances.

I enjoy Pinehurst.  Just like Jarvis, it has it's unique challenges that keep me from being able to follow the relatively easy patterns of the original maps.  I'll admit that I don't survive Pinehurst or Jarvis nearly as much, but that's ok.  I still enjoy the challenge and the suspense.  But then, I'm here for the chase more than the escape.

3 hours ago, J.J. said:

I don't think we'll get a Part 6 map as they've already done a Camp Crystal Lake map which is a mix up of its many appearances.

Camp Forest Green map should be large map that includes the jail/Sheriff's office and Jasons's empty grave. I think they can easily make a map that'll make the difference to the other maps.

5 minutes ago, huuru said:

Camp Forest Green map should be huge and include the jail/Sheriff's office and Jasons's empty grave. I think they can easily make a map that'll make the difference to the other maps.

I guess but generally they're only doing the camps right now not towns.

2 hours ago, J.J. said:

I guess but generally they're only doing the camps right now not towns.

OK smart ass. If there's Sheriff's office down the road it becomes automatically a town?

4 minutes ago, huuru said:

OK smart ass. If there's Sheriff's office down the road it becomes automatically a town?

I don't think they were trying to be a smart ass. 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

I don't think they were trying to be a smart ass. 

They? J.J has multiple personas?

1 minute ago, huuru said:

They? J.J has multiple personas?

Dont know their sex. 

It's not that big of an issue. 

Jesus Christ. 

tenor.gif

• Like 1

I love this map. To me it brings a new dynamic to the game. The attention to detail to represent the movies is very well done. I do think though it is the most challenging for counselors, especially if you are trying to kill Jason. 

3 hours ago, huuru said:

When Tommy and Megan leave the Sheriff's office they are CLEARLY in a town!

29opy01.png

• Like 1

I think the reason people hate the map is because it's too big, the other maps are nice and large or small. The two new maps are pretty big and people hate that there is more open areas then before tumblr_npv674Gaa01tfzfzyo7_500.gifSo I can see why people don't like the maps. I like the two new maps.

It’s a great map! Has lots of diversity to it and Easter eggs! It’s well balanced on both sides! The reason people don’t like it is because they are used to a congested bump run and get away map! 

15 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

Heh, that's what she said. 

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Not a fan.  Map is huge.  Objectives are spread apart.  The fusebox can be in the top of the map while the fuse for it is in reckless ridge, meaning against even an average Jason player you're not going to be able to transport the fuse all the way to the fusebox.  The driving lanes for the boat give Jason a ridiculous advantage.  Cabin spacing is a problem for trying to juke Jason, even more so than Jarvis.

It's a beautiful map, with some nice touches and definitely very faithful to Part V but it's slanted in Jason's favor in every aspect. 

It makes me incredibly happy, the way the water ways go make me think you could lay the maps all out and connect them. If the norths all matched up that would be F'ing amazing. As for it being too big my answer is Bikes, I'm just going to keep saying it, we need bikes to ride around the big maps on. Then they don't hit the repair, stealth characters as hard. (I'll stop bring up bikes, when they're announced, or when Shifty tells me to drop it.)

21 hours ago, Gummybish said:

Dont know their sex. 

It's not that big of an issue. 

Jesus Christ. 

tenor.gif

The grammatically correct version would be "his or her", "he/she" (or "she or he", "she/he).  If you're shooting for brevity, "(s)he" works in a pinch.

The use of "they" is incorrect because it indicates plurality of the subject, when you're talking about a singular entity.

I liken it to people who say "RBI's" when talking about "Runs Batted In".  It's just "RBI" regardless if it's singular or plural.

Not trying to be a "Chad", just attempting to put the ol' journalism training to good use.

3 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

The grammatically correct version would be "his or her", "he/she" (or "she or he", "she/he).  If you're shooting for brevity, "(s)he" works in a pinch.

The use of "they" is incorrect because it indicates plurality of the subject, when you're talking about a singular entity.

I liken it to people who say "RBI's" when talking about "Runs Batted In".  It's just "RBI" regardless if it's singular or plural.

Not trying to be a "Chad", just attempting to put the ol' journalism training to good use.

It's all good, I would have rather had an explanation like this than the post I had to respond to earlier. 

• Thanks 1