I don't leave. But I definitely don't love playing the map in your typical QP lobby. It's a really bad map to be on when people just decide to either ignore objective parts entirely, or pick them up and leave them marked on the map for someone else. I get a little testy with people who intentionally leave parts - I call it out on the walkie talkie ("Whoever is by that battery, don't leave it there. Bring it to the car"). If they ignore that, I tend to run up and see who it was who left it...That person isn't getting a lift from me later.

It's a shame that people don't understand that by doing that, you're screwing everyone in the match, including yourself. I don't understand the mindset.

This all applies to Jarvis House, too.

It's annoying when people play this way on any map, of course. But it's especially obvious on those two bigger maps.

• Like 3

I've started to get a bit tired of it, but I don't leave. It's starting to wear off with its new appeal and people aren't picking it as much so I'm getting adjusted to it.

I don't leave either. If players insist on not fixing stuff, I cope with it. I adapt. It makes it a bit harder, and more interesting.

Pinehurst is a fantastic map. It really is the players you are playing with that make or break it. Same with Jarvis. They have a few minor tweaks that could be needed, but I see no reason to leave a match because of a particular map.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

I actually enjoy the Pinehurst map. I like the larger maps like this one and the Jarvis House. I really dislike the smaller maps, and I main as a counselor. But, I am not going to quit just because I end up in a map I don't like. It really seems like a childish thing to do.

• Like 5

Not my favorite either, but as it is still new and so far always a boat spawned, it’s ok. 

I agree to Aldermach, if you have players who don‘t fix, it could be a long night and usually Jason‘s chances of getting everyone killed are higher on the bigger maps.

On the same side: chances of surviving as the „lone wolf“ here are quite low.

Nope, never. I welcome any challenge. If people aren't playing to win, so be it. I don't expect anyone to conform to any certain style of play and I'm not so empowered that I feel the need to tell them what they should be doing. If nothing is getting done, fine, I save myself. If people are working together, I'll help them get out. If we all die, who cares. Not like there won't be a next round.

• Like 2

I like Pinehurst. It's the nicest looking map. I like its diversity. I like the orange trees. I like the house with all the rooms. I like how dark it is, but I don't like how bright it gets. 

As Jason it's fun especially when the boat spawns with the yellow-seater. I get to roam around carefree and take in the scenery. I pick off counselors like I'm picking dandelions and blowing their seeds off into the wind.   

As a counselor....who gives a shit?  

• Like 3

I don't dislike Pinehurst, but it's been played so much since it released by now that it's getting a little old. I do like it for sake of variety though, it can be a nice change of pace if you've only been playing on the other maps for a while. Personally though, like the Jarvis map, (despite it growing on me over time), it's just not my kind of map. I just don't like the big, wide open maps because everything is so spread out. Plus, for that very reason, it just doesn't have that back in the woods feel to it, which is one of the things I like about the original 3 maps.

• Like 1

I’ve quit the game altogether for now because of Pinehurst. I just can’t really play it at the moment. 

i would actually love to play Pinehurst enough to get sick of it.. it seems like everyone wants to play either Packanack Small or Higgins, and it's annoying... Pinehurst is a good map - it could probably be a little better, but like Jarvis - it's a challenge.. i think people have become too complacent with the original 3 maps - so much so that i wish the devs would do something to them to freshen them up.

• Like 2

Pinehurst has variety. 3 exits for the cars as well as the boat. There can be a lot of action if the fusebox spawns at the halfway house and the car and boat across the river from it. Plus the river cuts straight through the middle and there are 4 bridges. Its on the big size, but certainly not as annoying as Jarvis. In Pinehurst you do not need to take detours if you plan to run across the map. Once people become more and more familiar with it you'll see good flow. Parts spawn near the objectives so it doesn't suffer like the Jarvis map.

Like some people said, I welcome the challenge any map brings. So I'm not a quitter.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Loading said:

Pinehurst has variety. 3 exits for the cars as well as the boat. There can be a lot of action if the fusebox spawns at the halfway house and the car and boat across the river from it. Plus the river cuts straight through the middle and there are 4 bridges. Its on the big size, but certainly not as annoying as Jarvis. In Pinehurst you do not need to take detours if you plan to run across the map. Once people become more and more familiar with it you'll see good flow. Parts spawn near the objectives so it doesn't suffer like the Jarvis map.

Like some people said, I welcome the challenge any map brings. So I'm not a quitter.

Well said.  People who quit right away are just screwing over other players, but hey...to each their own.  

WTF. Pinehurst is objectively the best map they’ve created. The same people cry and bitch about Pinehurst because they just want to fly through the same old maps where they know every item location by heart and can breeze through. No. Some of us welcome a challenge and don’t need our hands held through familiar territory and an easy win to have fun. Pinehurst is an awesome map and I love seeing the counselors flail about. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, makeamericagreatagain94 said:

Don't insult other users. Read the forum rules properly.

Its the same problem like Jarvis House. It is too big in comparison to original maps, which are perfect size. people going for looting and dont care about parts. so if you are looking for them, you have to search the map twice or at least once by yourself to find the parts. 

Nope only when the  host quits

I've not gotten used to how it's laid out yet, and I suspect it will take a while because it's by far the biggest map in the game. It's visually stunning, but as a counselor, I'm not a big fan of how it's laid out. I prefer to play as Jason on that map.

18 hours ago, makeamericagreatagain94 said:

I do. Its a stupid map. 

Nope

It is very detailed, atmospheric, and has a variety of interesting objective spawn points. 

Yes, it is a little hard and a little large, but the best way to memorize it and get better is to get experience with it, not complain, give up, and leave a game that is about to start.

• Like 1