Daneasaur

Level for Weapon Swap? (speculation)

6 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Well it IS a key aspect. It might not be an aspect you like, but levelling up is a part of the game that unlocks the counsellors you use, Jasons, and CP, so you might not like it but it is absolutely a key aspect. Plus, there is an actual perk dedicated to grinding.

Two hours a day is great. That's about how much I play and I am 150. Every once in a while take a weekend day and play all day. You'll shoot up 5 levels right there. Double xp weekend? A new player can go 0- 30 or higher pretty quickly.

Now I do agree that it takes too long to level up in this game at the later stages. I'm with you on that, absolutely, but if you keep playing you will be at 101 in a weel or two. 

A level a day keeps impatience away. 

You on PC?   Because console players have gotten the shaft on dedicated serves.   And 60-70% of the games i play the host quits, since release..  Which means most players on consoles should be much higher level then they actually are due to HOSTS quitting.  Which makes leveling frustrating.

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

You on PC?   Because console players have gotten the shaft on dedicated serves.   And 60-70% of the games i play the host quits, since release..  Which means most players on consoles should be much higher level then they actually are due to HOSTS quitting.  Which makes leveling frustrating.

I am on ps4. I hear you man. I get that too. Host quit, connection quit all the time. But that should be almost sorted out by the time weapon swap comes around. 

And I do concur that levelling up takes too long once you get up to around 90. It shouldn't slow down so much.

If it were up to me, uber Jason would be 101, and weapon swap would be from the get go (as each Jason becomes available). There just needs to be something cool at the end, or near the end of the grind, and whatever it is some people will get angry that they don't have it. But uber would be better because he isn't really a gameplay feature the way weapon swapping is.

On 2/17/2018 at 11:27 AM, Dr. Lecter said:

101 sounds good

On 2/17/2018 at 11:29 AM, AldermachXI said:

I'd say 101. The old level cap. Makes sense. Paid your dues.

I'm only around 60 or so, but even I have to admit, this makes sense.  It should be a reward, not freely given.  We're already suffering the effects of the "Participation Trophy" generation, we don't need to see that emulated here as well. 

Earn it.

9 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I'm only around 60 or so, but even I have to admit, this makes sense.  It should be a reward, not freely given.  We're already suffering the effects of the "Participation Trophy" generation, we don't need to see that emulated here as well. 

Earn it.

Dude.. I was born in the 80's and I have no problems with earning things..  But the way i see it, Weapon swap should not be something you earn..  Its JASONs game.. Weapon swap should be a choice regardless of level.    Its a basic game play feature that should have existed already.

Id say having to spend hundreds of hours playing this game just to pick what weapon you want to kill players with is a HORRIBLE game design choice.   Theres other things that can be added for unlockables like weapon skins,  Weapon swap should be a choice NOT a lock

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Dude.. I was born in the 80's and I have no problems with earning things..  But the way i see it, Weapon swap should not be something you earn..  Its JASONs game.. Weapon swap should be a choice regardless of level.    Its a basic game play feature that should have existed already.

Id say having to spend hundreds of hours playing this game just to pick what weapon you want to kill players with is a HORRIBLE game design choice.   Theres other things that can be added for unlockables like weapon skins,  Weapon swap should be a choice NOT a lock

That's certainly not an unreasonable position.  And it's a perfectly valid point.  

Agree to disagree.  I think it would behoove a player to master the weaponry of Jason before they just go about swapping the meta onto each Jason variant and calling it a day.  Maybe 101 is too high (although that doesn't bother me, personally), but it shouldn't be available at the onset.  

Jason P4 is a good example.  For the longest time in QP matches, EVERYONE who had him unlocked at L44 was using him.  I pushed hard to get him unlocked and really slogged through XP like a maniac prior to offline bots.  But a funny thing happened along the way: I started to get better with the other Jasons, to the point that I prefer P3 to P4 by a considerable amount.  It's going to be different for everyone, but the nuance and strategy completely changes once you start being able to swap weapons on a Jason, and I think it would benefit the player base to have a more comprehensive experience playing as Jason prior to being able to swap weapons, or else you risk the "dumbing down" of the average Jason player.

In fact, I'm starting to think that leveling counselors and Jason should be separate exercises entirely.  Halve the XP needed for each level, but maintain separate progressions for Jason and Counselors.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/18/2018 at 12:37 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

I work fifty hours a week. I am currently at 137. However my current level on Fallout 4 is zero because I want to play Friday when I have the chance. If an individual wants something bad enough they will get it. But I do feel if their is a level cap it should be 44. You have all the Jasons at that point.

This is my reasoning for it being level 55 or 65, depending on when Uber is unlocked. Again,  I say 55 should be when Uber is unlocked (5+5=10=X). At 65, it would give the player 10 levels to be "forced" to use each Jason individually for their unique weapons, then you'll get to use whatever weapon you want with whatever Jason you want.

I personally, as I said, have two profiles on this game, one for PC and one for PS4. My PC profile is 132 and I'm a backer. I backed and got two savini as well as a clothing pack for the counselors and two copies of the game. My ps4 profile, however, is only 48, and that's after a ton of grinding due to the fact that I refuse to pay for PS+ to play online, therefore only got to play the game once the Bots were active. This is why I hope the limit isn't too insanely high as, even at 55, it'll take me forever to reach 7 more levels, much less reaching 101, which is downright absurd if all I'm doing is hunting the bots. I'm all for rewards though, but the weapon swap shouldn't be so far down the line. Hell, my PC profile only reached 101 around October of last year, and I've been playing since the beta.

I wasn’t expecting that you had to be a certain level to get the weapon. 

What I was expecting was that you had to pay like 5,000 CP for each weapon for each Jason. 

Example: if you wanted the matchete for each Jason, you would have to pay 5,000 CP for the matchete for one Jason, then pay another 5,000 for another Jason matchete.

I think it will be like the bloody skins and will unlock at different levels for each weapon you can swap. The first one you will unlock will be the ability to swap Roy's trimmers because you unlock him at 0, then Part 3's axe, then Part 7's machete, Part 6's spear, then Part 2's pickaxe, then Part 8's fireaxe, then Part 9's double-sided axe, then Part 4's meat cleaver. I think that's the right order, but idk. 

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 4:37 PM, NoOneK9503 said:

Normal people have other things to do besides playing videogames all the time. And lots of them do not have enough free time to use and enjoy this game. @Ralph Wiggum777 for example, is playing this game since launch and is still at level 27 due to his busy life.

I'm 29 now! Only four more months and I can unlock that last Jason... :D