Daneasaur

Level for Weapon Swap? (speculation)

So with the nice news that Jason will get to swap weapons, what level do you feel this should be active?

I personally would vouch for 50, 55, or 60.

This is based on when all Jason's become available to the player. 

I have a suspicion that Uber will be unlocked at 55 (5+5 = 10 = X ), hence me thinking that perhaps 60 would be around the level the swap would be plausible to unlock.

I only recently got to start playing my PS4 version of this game, which is strictly offline as I refuse to pay for PS+, but as a result, my level only JUST reached 48 as my only option is to kill bots and I don't even get all the EXP for "no survivors" or even make any badge/achievement progression.

EDIT:

Perhaps it could be a reward for accomplishing all the singleplayer challenges.

Either there will be no level unlock, or it will be specific to each Jason for each weapon. Like Part 7 starts with the machete and unlocks the pickaxe at level 20, axe at 25, spear at 30, etc, and so on for each Jason. The latter would encourage more player engagement as they would be given the weapons piecemeal.

I suggested to Shifty that each weapon would be unlocked with its respective Jason. For example, the Fireaxe will unlocked for the other Jasons together with Jason 8.

Level 101.

Anybody below that level should work for it.

If the unlocks are increments of each weapons for each Jasons then that would make it worthwhile to get to those higher levels.

Maybe at the same levels as the light bloody skins or the heavy bloody skins. We would see it happen more (after it is released of course) if they went with a much lower level, perhaps double the level to unlock the specific Jason to acquire his weapon for the others. Hopefully we find out "soon" or sooner than "soon". Either way, then will eventually be now.

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Either there will be no level unlock, or it will be specific to each Jason for each weapon. Like Part 7 starts with the machete and unlocks the pickaxe at level 20, axe at 25, spear at 30, etc, and so on for each Jason. The latter would encourage more player engagement as they would be given the weapons piecemeal.

Well the initial post DID say it's going to be level based.

I was just hoping it wouldn't be TOO high as even my PC profile is around the 130 mark and something super high would be quite the painful slog to go through on my other profile.

That said, we'll be getting this alongside the engine update and singleplayer challenges, so there will be more options for the offline-only players to get exp than just the bots.

4 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

I suggested to Shifty that each weapon would be unlocked with its respective Jason. For example, the Fireaxe will unlocked for the other Jasons together with Jason 8.

Too easy.👎

• Haha 1

I think they will fill the space between 55 and 101. The double the level of the Jason unlock would be ok. Locking them too high wouldn't serve any purpose, but used as the next thing to get, people would play harder for just a couple more levels. Trying to get the next one and try it out, on multiple Jason's, which encourages Jason's that are neglected to get some love.

If you've maxed out or are close, you earned them all long ago. It sounds petty if you don't want others to have them too. The levels they are release at isn't about you, your already a die hard, it's about making more die hards. 

This is absolutely something players should have to work towards, but I fear they won't and it will be available from the get go. Should be 101 though 

10 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I think they will fill the space between 55 and 101. The double the level of the Jason unlock would be ok. Locking them too high wouldn't serve any purpose, but used as the next thing to get, people would play harder for just a couple more levels. Trying to get the next one and try it out, on multiple Jason's, which encourages Jason's that are neglected to get some love.

If you've maxed out or are close, you earned them all long ago. It sounds petty if you don't want others to have them too. The levels they are release at isn't about you, your already a die hard, it's about making more die hards. 

No, you make more "diehards" by making them work for the good shit.

If your a high level player, I've already stated what I think about your wanting it to be so high, we currently have a 50 level slog. The people who only just got the game or don't have as much time to play, are the ones the Devs need to reward. If your a high level, 140 plus, why would you need a bigger reward than getting all the swapping all at once. Why would you need other players not to have a chance at getting them for months. See what I'm saying, @BenWallace.3.Pistons.

21 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I think they will fill the space between 55 and 101. 

This. Right now there's about 50 levels where nothing happens and you poor unfortunate souls in the gap need SOMETHING to get through the grind.

I would also say that I don't think the ability to swap weapons with a just unlocked Jason is a good one. You need to try each Jason to get a feel for his strengths and weaknesses, really find the one that fits your play style. Live with each one for a few rounds to really get a taste for them.

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

If your a high level player, I've already stated what I think about your wanting it to be so high, we currently have a 50 level slog. The people who only just got the game or don't have as much time to play, are the ones the Devs need to reward. If your a high level, 140 plus, why would you need a bigger reward than getting all the swapping all at once. Why would you need other players not to have a chance at getting them for months. See what I'm saying, @BenWallace.3.Pistons.

Thats what double xp events are for. If you don't play much anyway, you don't need weapon swapping.

I think it should be as each Jason is unlocked.

Having read some mods on here detailing the issue with level requirements I don't see the need for arbitrarily preventing people from using the weapons and Jason's they have already earned in the combination of their choosing with additional timesinks.

• Like 1

@Dr. Lecter, @AldermachXI, @Loading, @CPLhicks31 and @BenWallace.3.Pistons Are you guys serious?

Do you really know what you're talking about? In this game, leveling up takes time. Like, a lot of time.

Normal people have other things to do besides playing videogames all the time. And lots of them do not have enough free time to use and enjoy this game. @Ralph Wiggum777 for example, is playing this game since launch and is still at level 27 due to his busy life.

It's unfair that such a cool feature like this needs even to be unlocked in the first place. I prefer it to be available for everyone from the start. Waiting for level 101 to use the iconic machete on all Jasons is bullshit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Loading said:

Level 101.

Anybody below that level should work for it.

If the unlocks are increments of each weapons for each Jasons then that would make it worthwhile to get to those higher levels.

Why should players who don't  play non stop be locked out from weapon swaps?  

IMO, There should be no level lock on weapon swaps and it really makes no sense to do so.  Jason should not be restricted from weapons swaps anyways.

If there needs to be  level locked anything for weapons.. It should be weapon skins. 

5 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

@Dr. Lecter, @AldermachXI, @Loading, @CPLhicks31 and @BenWallace.3.Pistons Are you guys serious?

Do you really know what you're talking about? In this game, leveling up takes time. Like, a lot of time.

Normal people have other things to do besides playing videogames all the time. And lots of them do not have enough free time to use and enjoy this game. @Ralph Wiggum777 for example, is playing this game since launch and is still at level 27 due to his busy life.

It's unfair that such a cool feature like this needs even to be unlocked in the first place. I prefer it to be available for everyone from the start. Waiting for level 101 to use the iconic machete on all Jasons is bullshit.

I am a normal person. I am a social worker working full time. I find time to be active and spend time with my girlfriend, friends, and pets (albeit they are mice so its easy). I still got to level 150. So please don't imply we are not normal.

This game is pretty rewarding for low level players as is. I mean the highest counsellors and Jason both unlock really early, as do 90% of Jason's kills.

The only things high level players unlock currently are a small of amount of clothes and skins, and a very select few jason kills. Not one of us have suggested the weapon swap become active at max level, which is 150. You can get to 101 in several months if you play for seven hours a week. A little patience goes a long way. That said, I won't be peeved if the weapon swap feature is available for everyone. No big deal.

EDIT: ideally, more kills would be available at later levels and everyone would get access to weapon swap. They just haven't managed kills well from the start. Something epic needs to be unlocked at high levels.

Weapon Swapping is something that should have been in the game from the get go. IMO players shouldn't have to put a crazy amount of time into the game for such a basic feature. Unlocked around 50-60 seems fair. 

• Like 1