Vortex

Figured I'd stop by and ask...

This game a Friday the 13th Game again? Or is it still Drunken Teenagers beat up a large mentally handicapped man Game?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The fear is back, if that's what you're asking. You wanna try and beat up Jason go for it but it's probably not gonna work out well.

• Like 2

It's a Drunken Teeagers beat up a large mentally handicapped man and then their weapons break and they can't find anymore so they die Game.

• Haha 2

You can still get looped and knocked out pretty easily but so far I've only really had one counselor a game pull this kind of behavior on me, no mobs or dance partys.

Dance parties and gang ups still happen and that's a good thing. We get it annoys Jason, but they can't suck the fun out of being a counselor. Jason is stronger but not to an extreme, so it's pretty balanced right now I'd say. If you're expecting being Jason to be easy as pie as it was the first few months of release, then no. It's a bit of a challenge for both. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Imayslaylizdaw said:

Dance parties and gang ups still happen and that's a good thing. We get it annoys Jason, but they can't suck the fun out of being a counselor. Jason is stronger but not to an extreme, so it's pretty balanced right now I'd say. If you're expecting being Jason to be easy as pie as it was the first few months of release, then no. It's a bit of a challenge for both. 

Very true. Although I'd say the scales are tipped a tiny tiny bit in Jason's favor, but it's still much more balanced than it ever was.

Dance parties only really happen against bad Jasons. If you were able to get pocket knife a few times the chances of seeing dance parties is slim to none.

Pocket knives was the #1 reason why counselors choose to fight and bully Jason. They felt too comfortable with them seeing so many around before the update. With only 3 or 4 around now, they are running away from Jason rather then towards him. This is the way it's suppose to play out.

1 hour ago, Imayslaylizdaw said:

I really hope you are talking about the first few months after the physical release, because the first few months after the digital release were fucking brutal for the counselors. I'm sure there are plenty of members here who will back me up on that. A lot of us went through that trial by fire.

Now, it is better. There is some fear when Jason shows up, especially if you haven't found a weapon yet. @Vortex Welcome back man. I think you will like the new patch. I believe there are some tweaks that could still be made to the combat system, but Jason is powerful again. I feel like I have actually accomplished something if I survive against a good Jason player.

2 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

It's a Drunken Teeagers beat up a large mentally handicapped man and then their weapons break and they can't find anymore so they die Game.

:lol:

@Rexfellis I think you might have misread what I wrote. What I said was that the first few months after the release, It was super easy to BE Jason. As in yes I do agree it was brutal for counselors and yes I'm talking about the digital release. 

1 hour ago, Imayslaylizdaw said:

@Rexfellis I think you might have misread what I wrote. What I said was that the first few months after the release, It was super easy to BE Jason. As in yes I do agree it was brutal for counselors and yes I'm talking about the digital release. 

You are absolutely correct. I misread it. Sorry for the confusion. 

Now...after re-reading what you wrote, I agree with you 100%. But, I do like the balance of the game now. It's exciting to be a counselor again, because there is the real threat of getting taken out. I don't have Jason as my preference, but I do find it fun to be the big guy again also. With a few combat tweaks, this game could be what I've wanted for years.

Again, sorry for misinterpreting your initial post. I will own up to it when I make a mistake. :) 

8 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

No big deal, simple mistake. And although my preference has pretty much always been set to counselor(which means I'm not gonna be Jason)I do sometimes see my Jason during the opening cutscene and kind of hope it's me. 

Yes the balance is a lot better. I'm not going to lie, I do sometimes miss the easy days with 9 pocket knives---It was a nice little break from the horrible force grab--- but now it's up to a middle ground which I prefer. I agree that the hit detection needs to be fixed... For both sides. Let's hope that engine update allows them to fix these things a lot quicker and easier. 

It's supposed to be brutal for counselors, just like in the movies.

That's what every one wants to see - counselors getting executed in creative ways. And then the match will be over and we won't be looking at fking dance parties / chain-stunning LOLgasms over the mic (*takes a stiff drink*)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vortex said:

This game a Friday the 13th Game again? Or is it still Drunken Teenagers beat up a large mentally handicapped man Game?

Hmmm.. surprisingly it's both. Jason is definitely getting stronger again. However, if grouped up and working well together, counselors can still punish and kill him. 

I will say surviving as a counselor is harder than the past few months. I definitely die a lot more, whether that is from being babied with 3 pocket knives per game, or the new Jason speed and sometimes not stunning him is paying off for the balance.

Overall, it's a more balanced game, so I guess it isn't quite Friday the 13th: Counselor Slaughterama.

Its better than what it was before the last couple patches where there was little point or fun in playing Jason anymore. I haven't seen dancing parties once except against a 300 ping Jason.

Its not perfect though. He can still be beat into submission without much way out of it, minus some weapons finally breaking.

I'm hoping with the recent leaks that some of that stuff is not just for Singleplayer challenges. Some of it could go a long way for the multiplayer aspect.

I just worry the devs think the recent changes were cure alls to everything. Judging by their logic used in those updates. They won't be looking at 'balance' again anytime until 2019. I get that you want to wait a while to see how the updates play out, but I highly doubt balance is their priority right now. Its the engine update, singleplayer challenges, dedicated servers, etc.

Which also means they probably think Part 7 is just fine and with the weapon swapping update. They'll be less and less reason to play Part 7 unless you land on the water heavy maps and even then, he's still a turtle on land and Part 8 is faster on land.

Lord knows when they'll launch the new retro. The line is somewhere between misguided/Paranoia type promise and being launched with a retro map. It would surprise me if they launch Grendel/Jason X with the engine update, but then again, they may try to cram as much content into the update as possible, which could have bad results given the track record.

1 hour ago, Poormetheus said:

It's supposed to be brutal for counselors, just like in the movies.

That's what every one wants to see - counselors getting executed in creative ways. And then the match will be over and we won't be looking at fking dance parties / chain-stunning LOLgasms over the mic (*takes a stiff drink*)

This is a multiplayer game, there HAS to be balance. If that’s what you want, then only play bots.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

This is a multiplayer game, there HAS to be balance. If that’s what you want, then only play bots.

I couldn't agree more. In the movies almost everyone dies, except for the final boy or girl and with luck someone else, but not everyone pay for the game for the killer experience. Like me, some people enjoy so much more play as a counselor. And If I don't have a good chance to escape based on my skills, then why should I buy the game? Makes 0 sense.

I'll say it again: the game ISN'T the damn movie. The balance is a MUST (The balance is fine now. Jason is FINE now!)

Those Jason players, I swear... They always want the game to be so fucking easy for them. Go play with bots and stfu. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Vortex said:

This style of posting is mentally handicapped. 

This thread definitely deserves to get hit through a door

It's all inconsequential for millennials, they care nothing for source material (unless it's some anime bullshit).

They just want another inane videogame . . .

Source Material /=/ Balance

If there is no Balance in the game, Then no one will play the damn game, Jason was Darn OP In the Movies

If he was that OP In the game then playing as a counselor would basically be "Who gets to die first" 

10 hours ago, Poormetheus said:

It's all inconsequential for millennials, they care nothing for source material (unless it's some anime bullshit).

They just want another inane videogame . . .

I'm not a millennial but even I know that this is a video game, not a movie. There's no need to complain about source material when you can be part 9 in Packanack and kill Tommy as part 2.