Theiceman105

Allow Counselors to break doors?

I've used the search function and couldn't find anything.

There's this issue where some asshole just locks parts in dead ends and it is really annoying 

I had a solution allowing us to destroy a door with Shotguns, Axes or Machetes.

This would also not allow Jason teamers to unlock them as with max strength + Axe would be 5 hits.

Also: Strength now has a use!

It would also be cool if we had to break down doors to get extra items like firecrackers in other maps.

• Like 1

It would still help Jason teamers because they could be chopping down doors while Jason is chasing someone else.

Maybe there could be "campground keys," up to 2 or 3 per match, on  keychain, found on drawers and such, that could unlock doors. Or have everyone spawn with campground keys to let them unlock doors from the outside with a new animation.

• Like 3

In 'new items for inventory' in suggestions, there is a crow bar for barricaded doors and lock picks are there as well. I believe lock picks are in the making repair counselors useful one too. Nothing wrong with new conversations about them though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

It would still help Jason teamers because they could be chopping down doors while Jason is chasing someone else.

Maybe there could be "campground keys," up to 2 or 3 per match, on  keychain, found on drawers and such, that could unlock doors. Or have everyone spawn with campground keys to let them unlock doors from the outside with a new animation.

But the doors are barricaded. A key's not gonna unlock that.

24 minutes ago, Theiceman105 said:

I've used the search function and couldn't find anything.

There's this issue where some asshole just locks parts in dead ends and it is really annoying 

I had a solution allowing us to destroy a door with Shotguns, Axes or Machetes.

This would also not allow Jason teamers to unlock them as with max strength + Axe would be 5 hits.

Also: Strength now has a use!

It would also be cool if we had to break down doors to get extra items like firecrackers in other maps.

Considering even Jason takes a few tries to break down the doors the counselors would have to take even longer as Jason is supposed to be super human in strength.

1 minute ago, J.J. said:

But the doors are barricaded. A key's not gonna unlock that.

There is no door that can be barricaded that does not have a window that can be climbed through nearby. It's the "interior" rooms that are the problem, those are the ones that can have items locked away in them.

30 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

In 'new items for inventory' in suggestions, there is a crow bar for barricaded doors and lock picks are there as well. I believe lock picks are in the making repair counselors useful one too. Nothing wrong with new conversations about them though.

A crowbar to pry open a barred door would not work well. A door is only as strong as its weakest point. All you would accomplish would be to break chips out of the door. It would take you a long time to break open enough of a hole this way to get a hand in and raise the bar, considering you have the side without the hinge on the bar. A door knob lock is a different matter, once you break out the bit of wood from the edge of the door to the knob, you can easily pry the door knob out and open the door. But I also find it funny that Roy can bash a door in with hedge clippers, because well, it is funny. The spear and machete are also fairly unrealistic tools to bash in a door with. You would probably end up bending the iron fence post before you made much progress and the machete is actually fairly flimsy and could be dangerous for the wielder if it were to break on the barred heavy wooden door (do not try this at home kiddies). But Jason still needs to be able to bash down the door with the weapon he is carrying, whether it is laughable or not. We cannot have every Jason running around with an axe now can we?
  I like the lock pick idea for door with locks on the door knob, but of course they would be useless on the barred doors.
  A counselor being able to bash in a door would immediately stop anyone from trying to hit Jason through a door, as they would be helping him bash it down. But I agree with @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow that it would help Jason teamers, and the less encouragement they get, the better. There is only the one shack near Packanack lodge with elevated windows that if the door is locked, no counselor can get inside until Jason bashes the door down. I have seen a few people lock parts in there.

8 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

There is no door that can be barricaded that does not have a window that can be climbed through nearby. It's the "interior" rooms that are the problem, those are the ones that can have items locked away in them.

Actually there is...that one cabin in Packanack near the main house going up the hill on the left.  I don't usually troll but couldn't resist when finding the fuse and battery.  I dropped those  key  items inside the cabin, barricaded the door, and climbed out the window.  There's no way for counselors to get in unless Jason breaks the door since the windows are too high from the outside.

1 hour ago, Jay Shen said:

Actually there is...that one cabin in Packanack near the main house going up the hill on the left.  I don't usually troll but couldn't resist when finding the fuse and battery.  I dropped those  key  items inside the cabin, barricaded the door, and climbed out the window.  There's no way for counselors to get in unless Jason breaks the door since the windows are too high from the outside.

I said BARRICADED. I.E. Has the wooden bar. That particular cabin can be LOCKED but not BARRICADED. They should simply remove the lock on that door and that particular problem is solved.

3 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I said BARRICADED. I.E. Has the wooden bar. That particular cabin can be LOCKED but not BARRICADED. They should simply remove the lock on that door and that particular problem is solved.

I'd rather if the Devs added things to game, rather then take away thing from the game.

Well I see the point about locked in items. There should just be a function whereby a counsellor can unlock and internal room door from both sides. Giving players the ability to break down all doors is just an advantage to those that want to troll other players or team up with Jason.

19 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I really like this