Slasher_Clone

Offline/Private Counselor Mode - not just zombies ?

https://kotaku.com/rainbow-six-sieges-new-zombie-mode-is-so-good-players-1823592036.

New mode on a three year old game, has its highest steam numbers ever, seem like a good way to get more players. 

Also this forum seems to only respond to utter crap. A thread about someone chased out of the forums gets more responses than ideas to help the game survive into the future. Seriously, anyone who reads this, go resurrect your favorite ideas to save/improve the game.

I want to still be playing in two+ years.

Edit - Just saw clips of a new game Dead Dozen, looks a lot like what I described, but also less because it takes place in generic buildings. Watching them board up a doorway, made me want that so bad in this game. Come on guys, what do you think? :lol:

• Like 1

The Zombie Mode Idea would easily fit a "Jason goes to Hell" DLC without breaking the Barrier from Jason/Friday the 13th into the Style of an all -different.-movie-series-Genre

As the different chosen Victims by Body-Hopping in the Final Friday all act like Zombies along Bitting Behaviour the Zombie Mode should be easily added with different Body-Hop-Victims in company of Jason as Leader VS the Counselor Players

There was the Big FBI Special Ops Guy (Kane Hodder),

Naked Tent People Sliced & Diced in Two, 

different Corpse Deputies with Sheriff,

the Dead Fast-Food Locales,

Crayton Corpse the Bounty Hunter,

Almost-Gave Birth Graveyard Girl with killed-off mom

But what is really still missing is the Usual fun camp Activity Atmosphere this special genre of horror is known for (Friday the 13th 1-4, Sleepaway Camp, The Burning, White Water Summer, Lord of the Flies)

Camp Activities between a changing Dawn/Day/Sundown/Night cycle
Gain Achievements and Bonus Skills like Agility, Health, Stamina, Stealth, Items to Defend and Attack
between Dawn and Sundown while not being seen by Jason in the Woods hidding while watching from unbroken Line of Sight
before Sundown/Night Circle begins with Jason finally being able to attack till Dawn ends to hide again,

Inter-Missions / Activities to achieve between the whole Dawn/Day/Sundown/Night Circle

Gettin laid with different Players/NPCs with constant enchacment of Time Limit and changing Spots to finish List on Map

(thin red line between Rated R and NC-17 - Lovin, TOuchin, Squeezin 

without giving in all-too detailed XXX, but all the fun mishappenings in between,

like out of condoms - wait here till i come back from cabin running fast through woods butt-naked

hitting different spots in pain while trying to change between the motions

Falling asleep till Night Cycle/Jason-Attack begins without being able to wake up early and return to cabin

Simple Boardgames like Chess, Strip Poker, Parcheesi, Spin the Bottle
Bow Shootin Range
Tree Bungee with landing stage along Swimming / Dive Challenges 
Boat/Raft Race Challenge
Trim yourself path
Repair/Decorate the Camp
Collect Wood for Camp Fire / Cabin Fireplace
Smokin Pot/Get Secret Weed Plantage Working
Playing as a Band or Breakdance Contest

Meeting different Locale Personas on a Meet & Greet List with changing order
(Sheriff, Store Owner, Locales living around Camp, Ralph, Hiker, Couple with Vehicle Breakdown

While the Counscelor Players try to get through the Day Cycle,
the Jason Player tries to stalk/watch without being spotted by the different Players trying to finish the different Tasks 
with each different Time-Limit or other Players just roaming through the map.

If the Jason Player isnt caught watching from a unbroken Line of Sight (made out in the open stalking to disappear into nowhere) 
while achieving a certain camp activity on a Time-Limit, the opportunity of the gained Skill/Item to Attack/Defend/Hide is nullfied/not avaiable
without knowledge to the Counscelor Player succeding in the chosen Activity, but not working while trying to activiate against Jason
while the  Night-Attack Cycle lasts.

As soon the Dawn Cycle ends and Day Time begins, it's up the Counselors/Players to kill time/get through another day with camp activites
till the next/eachs final Night to hide/run/escape/revenge begins again.

Also: Friday the 13th - Goons, Kids and other Child Plays

Young Deformed Jason Skin (Friday the 13th / Freddy VS Jason)

with interchangable Outfits to collect on map (Clown Mask,  Potato Sack with Eyehole, William Golden Painted William Shatner Mask, Burned Victim Latex Mask, Good Guy Red Haired Stepchild Mask, that Anglic Blonde Kid with scary laugh from thos eItalo-Horror Flicks, Season of the Witch & Skull Mask, Pirate Hat and Rambow Bandana, Black & White Pugsley Circus Shirt with Shorts, Springfield Youth Department Outfits)

Young Tommy Jarvis/Corey Feldman Skin Normal/Bald/changeable Masks and Family Dog (Friday the 13th Final Chapter)

Young Tommy Jarvis/Corey Feldman Yellow Raincoat Skin (Friday the 13th Part V - A New Beginning)

Reggie Winter Skin (Friday the 13th Part V - A New Beginning)

Different Kid Skins (Friday the 13th Part VII - A New Blood with some references to other flicks - Not straight from IT but obvious...)

with Childish Goonish Tasks to achieve while hidding from Young Deformed Vorhees/Jason Grown Up

like a Treasure Hunt, annoying Counscelor/locale NPcs - Ralph, Sheriff, Store Owners

Skins to be included:

a Tuby One,

Asian Obvious,

D&D Geek in later life,

Santa Carla Newbie,

Teenage Brat with Leather Jacket in company of cigarettes,

Greasy Hobb straight out of Detroid Drug Lab with uncoloroured Toy-UZI, 

Dungaress with Slide Cap without Alien Life Form, 

Red Headed Step Child with Slingshot 

Christmas Defence Growing Up

Female Kid with Norse God Helmet

CENSORED-Angela Shock Skin too far?

@4358HAL, thanks for taking the time to respond. Your response is kinda jumbled and very ADHD, as someone who is ADHA I got the gist of it. If you want me to break down what I think send me a DM, I don't think I need to explain to others reading this why. Two thing I will cover are...

I will say I don't think kids will be introduced to the camps (Although there's a way but they still wouldn't be playable).

As for sex, we will see if it exists in single player challenges and if it does, that will be the extent of it.

These two things don't need to be discussed in this thread, they have been discussed elsewhere.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A new way to do single player Offline Counselor Mode. 

Version One - Hunt mode

Killing bots with Jason can be fun, but I was thinking how much more challenging it would be to hunt them as a fellow counselor. It would be harder as they could easily kill you if your not careful. You'd have to get them trapped or alone at the very least before trying to butcher them. Working out which counselors are OP and which perks make the best meta would be fun. 

A few things could make this more interesting, like being able to select Tommy as your Killer, or starting with a more damaging weapon. A new Skin of Tommy in the mask and hospital gown would be cool. Give the hunter Jason's beartraps and throwing knives, he doesn't need a flashlight you don't need to trick bots by flashing your light or doing emotes. Use these buttons for these other features. 

Allow the hunter to take the keys with them when he/she exits the vehicle. Keys no longer occupy a quick slot. 

Version Two - Hunted mode (Hunted at Pinehurst)

I was thinking that if I was playing Mitch and I knew one of the other six counselors was a killer it would make me paranoid. You'd spawn in as you preferred counselor at the cabin with Rob's body, and your goal would be to escape or find the murderer. No Jason bot to program, just a regular counselor bot made aggressive towards others. A murder bot if you will. Friendly fire is on so attacking other counselors might lead to your death but also allow you to defend yourself from the Murder Bot. 

The bot might get hung up on scenery or become trapped if this happens the Murder Bot might Morph to a clear area or the nearest point. Alternately the Murder Bot settings might activate on a different Bot in the match, insuring the threat doesn't just evaporate. It would be possible even the bot you've partnered up with could become the killer.

It could be a number of bots are programmed to go after other counselors not just one. Do the Murder Bots team up, do they fight each other, lots of interesting questions?

I might add more later, I'm being summoned right now.

Edit - A Vic type character would be cool and make this a reel one Pinehurst mode.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/18641-the-tough-guy-counselor/

Experiment Mode

I think it would be kinda cool if the devs did some experiments with the game. It could be a special mode that is playable for a short time, 13 days would be good. These modes could be collected and bundled as dlc each year. So some modes might require you to play offline and some might require you to play in PM after you buy the yearly bundle.

I think the modes could start simply and get more complicated or expensive after a trial it see how people like them. Some of the modes could lead to dlc just for them, and future maps could be designed with this in mind.

Sample Modes

- The Car Race, courses are plotted around the map, or free drive is an option. Dlc car models would be nice. Think this mode could be revised later as a zombie killing mode as per the OP. Each time they come up with something unique a new Race mode could be added. Two or three a year might be refreshing changes of pace. 

- The Foot Race, offline but could be more than one player, you run a set of way points, a primitive AI killer could be added, it doesn't have to be Jason. The killer that tries to catch you at each section, then morphs to the next section. Way points in and out of cabins mean sometimes going through, and sometimes going around. Instead of Jason maybe your being chased by other counselors, prank gone wrong or really any excuse, bullying maybe. Do you take the time to get a med spray, and just crash through the windows and heal, or do you hop in and out of a hiding place to regen. stamina.

- Maximum Overdrive, I know it would be cheesy but trying to escape from homicidal cars would be crazy fun. Fixing the fuze box would be especially tricky on most maps, and getting to the cops would be down right hard. The fact that the boat might be the only good way to escape might lead to cars driving into the water and being destroyed. A new car could spawn if a car ends up in the destroyed state, four or five cars would up the challenge. New cars could spawn from the exits, in intervals of 3 - 5 minutes.

- Capture the Flag, two teams of four counselors compete to find and steal the other sides flag. PvP is off until you pick up the other teams flag, while it is in your possession, you can be injured or killed. Dropping the flag removes the effect but then they might take it back. The first player killed could come back as Jason or Tommy. There are lots of ways this mode could be set up ie. guns or no guns, mini map off or blind to players on the other team.

- Paint Ball, four on four paintball game, new dlc costumes or counselor weapon ie paintball guns, paint mines or grenades. Nothing but good clean fun, have Jason be a selectable option as well. 

Each mode could let the Devs try out new features or mechanics in a fun way, with no promise that it will ever be in the core game. Then at the right time a bundle can be released generating some profit to pay for adding those new features that do make it into the game. 

Got any ideas for cool experimental modes, add them below. Feel free to mention Events your interested in.

@Kodiak, please merge with the post above at your discretion.

Mini Game Experimental Modes

Archery - Save the Bots - Counselor Game

The basic set up is that your standing on the platform or behind the hay bails at one of the archery ranges. As Jason tries to kill a bot counselor, you must keep him stunned by shooting him. Shotguns and flare guns appear at intervals along the platform. The counselor your trying to save will collect health sprays, PK's, and fire crackers, but they can also step in beartraps that have been left in the field. Basically you try to stun him a set number of times to defeat him, or till you manage to remove his mask. The number of counselors that spawn, is pre-set at the beginning, as they die new ones run out onto the field. 

Packanack - Over Look Cabin Balcony - Counselor Game

Works the same as the archery range, but the bots are repairing the car to escape. Keep Jason stunned so they have time to make the repairs. Shotguns And flare guns spawn inside the cabin. Door and windows are baracaded so you can't leave. You only win if they drive the car out of sight, new counselors can exit Packanack as Jason kills them. 

Throwing Knife Practice - Stop the Repair - Jason Game

Three bots attempt to repair the car and escape, Jason from his place on the platform tries to stop them using only throwing knives, till the car gets started or he kills them all. Again there're beartraps as hazards, health sprays to keep it fair, and some melee weapons. There're the parts for the car as well this time, battery on one side, gas on the other. With the car in the middle. If Jason kills all three bots new ones could spawn in the outhouses and come in to replace the dead. 

Jason has infinite knives in this mode but still has to wait between throws. 

High repair characters should repair, and fighters should try stunning Jason with the fire crackers or by going up on the platform with melee weapons. Jason can slash or grab kill any counselors who do come up onto the platform. 

Jason Against Water Sports (Jason against Water eScapes) - JAWS Jason Game Mode

Jason tries to stop the bots from escaping in the boats. A boat starts repaired floating out from the dock, and a number of others are at the dock waiting to be repaired. All the parts are lined up on the shore. The functional boat has a number of counselors who try swimming to it immediately. New bots can spawn from the boat house, or boat shacks that some levels have that instead. 

You can practice flipping boats, but time your drownings so that no boats escape. 

That's all for now, if anyone has an idea for a mini game, feel free to share or if you have any suggestions for these ones. Got another one for you...

Buddy Mode - Rescue the Bots

For this mode somethings are different. Tommy can't be called as the players coming in are the rescue party. I figure up to six bots will be hiding around the map, some cabins are baracaded already, and some drawers have been searched. A body or two can be left for players to stumble on.

The counselors start in a working four seater at a normal exit, not sure how many players this mode would have but if it's only four this would be ok, if there are seven then two teams come in, each with a car entering at opposite entrances. The other cars that are at the camp each have one part already at them, it's as if the match has been going on for awhile. 

The bots are all at limping at the start of the match and you have to heal them to convince them to follow you. They can be directed using emotes ie. hide, follow me, or take that. The different bots should behave in different ways, some are fighters, others run, and some will straight up sell you out. (Dr. Crews - go read @SmugDoka's thread)

Jason will need some advantage with the extra running cars in the game, so I got a couple of ideas how to do it, first Jason can return to his shack to refill his beartraps. A foot locker or shelf with a bunch of traps that he simply walks up to hitting the prompt. Second his Morph refills as soon as he enters the shack, this way he can jump right back into the action. The last one would require a new animation and could be harder to implement, after Jason has smashed a car, give him a second prompt to pull open the hood and rip out the battery leads. The driver would be given a chance to get away.

The counselors play a mini game to fix the re-damaged cars.

The other advantage that the counselors get is the ability to start the match with equipment. Before entering the camp, counselor can buy or bid on items, using CP.

Buyable Items

- Med. Spray

- Fire Crackers

- Melee Weapons - bats, axes, machetes, and wrenches.

The ones you have to bid on are more complicated, only the top bid gets the item and if there are no bids no one gets the item. (I would actually be fine with the top two bids getting the items, this will help lower the CP levels.)

- Pocket Knife, it replaces Tommy's, so it doesn't add anymore to the match.

- Shotgun

This is just for the post from 4/11. I'll get to the other one soon and edit. done

I like the hunt/hunted modes, they would satisfy all those people who want team killing back. Temporary experimental modes sound cool, but that would require a lot of programming that has little to do with the franchise. Although those ideas would be fun, they don't exactly fit with this game and have been used in many other games already over the years.

For the capture the flag mode, I'd suggest that each team starts with either Jason or Roy and PvP is on the whole time. Jason/Roy would kind of act as goalies unless they're ballsy enough to leave their flag unattended.

The footrace sounds interesting as well. Maybe it could be set in NY to make it more relevant. Pedestrians/vehicles could act as more obstacles. You could give the map several layers so you never really know where he is or what route is best.

Edit: The second post (from 4/30) is mostly just kind of a tutorial. I'd suggest bundling them as such. Just a general tutorial that gives players a chance to practice certain things, doesn't have to be a new mode.

On 4/30/2018 at 6:32 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

Buddy Mode - Rescue the Bots 

This one sounds like fun. Maybe it could be up to 4 players on a split screen? A lot of games have moved on from that, but it's always nice to have the option to play with a few people on the same system.

Just wanted to add that I don't think counselors should show on the map. They should have to be found. I feel like there's a lot that can be done with this mode, but I'll have to think about it for a bit.

On 2/20/2018 at 9:56 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

Edit - I think the first post wasn't clear enough. This thread was suppose to be to discuss how to do a Offline/Private Counselor Mode. Using an existing public domain property was how I thought we should do it not the only way it could be done. If you want to respond to the title of the thread rather than my ramblings about zombies, please do that instead. I really do think the counselors could be explored in different ways than what we have now and it could  act as a vent for some of the frustrations that exist.

I'd also suggest changing the OP. Start off with something like this, it's a little misleading that the OP is all about the zombies since that wasn't the only suggestion.

A thread densely packed with many interesting ideas. Gonna need time to digest these nuggets fully. Certainly impressed with the creativity and thought shown throughout though. ;)

Particularly liking the camp activity ideas and wondering if some of them could be integrated into the main game somehow?

• Like 1

@Slasher_Clone It took me a bit to get through this as I was in the middle of several things... but I made it through. I actually found this thread a while back and forgot to come back to it... I even put a like on the initial post the first time I was here.
   You spent a lot of time and thought on these ideas. I like that.
   I also like quite a few of your ideas here.

Although the zombie thing has been done to death (pun intended), a new angle can make them playable again and more fun than previous versions. I played left 4 dead quite a bit, but have a few issues with it that I found detracted from the experience. All of the zombie shooter games.... well, I got bored with shooter games quite a while back, with the exception of mass effect, I still revisit part 2 and 3 from time to time.
   The first Dead Island game did a good job implementing hand to hand combat... my biggest problem with that game was the mechanics involving guns. You could empty an entire clip of bullets from an M-16 into a zombie's head and it still didn't die.. They did a fairly good job with the melee weapons though. Racing cars around the map in multi player was also fun.

Adding the zombies in with Jason would present a whole new set of balance problems.... but I am not discouraged from dying in a game. I am tenacious enough to warrant the name I chose. This would be one hell of a challenge with Jason as the zombie master... I would definitely play it. But with Jason in the mix along with a horde of zombies, I fear the match would never last very long. 
   I understand why purists would not like this idea... but you have a point, the game needs to grow and suggestions for this are needed. New game modes are a good direction here in my opinion.... and not all of them need involve Jason. The mechanics used in this game have a great many possibilities.
   This would also make an awesome game mode without Jason, even with no escape possible and no time limit... just survive for as long as you can. Someone actually made a Night of the Living Dead mod for Left 4 Dead a few years back that caught my interest for some time and brought me back to the game. It included barricading doors and windows from piles of lumber within the house. The house itself was a surprisingly well done replica of the house from the original movie along with the grounds outside... but I don't remember a gas pump... you also could not drive a vehicle in that game... it was just a survival map. But it was a fun and different mode for the game with the barricade mechanic added in.

Would a swarming take down be too much or too overpowered? A grab and bite animation would be required as you suggested, but there should be more than one animation for this. There has to be a way to get the zombie off of you and your suggestion to kill them with the pocket knife in the head works... but in this case, the pocket knife should be indefinitely reusable (unless Jason is involved in your use of the pocket knife). A jump on your back grab and bite... an in your face grab and bite... a dive on your leg grab and bite... a snatch your arm grab and bite? When a second zombie accomplishes a grab and bite on you before you can finish dealing with the first could lead to several others swarming you and taking you down for a good old fashioned tear you apart swarming animation.... the victim may have to spawn back as a random zombie in this case. If two zombies get a grab and bite on your arms (one on either)... it could spell instant doom. Help from another player would be needed to escape the grab and bites of more than one zombie?
    Numbers of pocket knives should equal the number of players at least... even if Jason is involved... zombies will be doing a lot of the killing here anyway and probably swarming players that use a pocket knife to escape Jason's grip.... as I said, a lot of balance issues to work out that would be very different from the core game.

A crawling animation would look great for a half corpse zombie. They could even lay in wait and take use of a grab and bite the leg attack. A thing with zombies... they do not have to move until they want to and when mixed in with a bunch of corpses that are no threat, they can be good for a jump scare.

Weapons would need somewhat of a rework from what they are now in a game or low luck counselors would be utterly useless (unless the weapon is used against Jason?). A few new weapon swing animations may also be needed. What I found boring about left 4 dead was the ease in which the zombies were cut down... which was kind of required to deal with the size of the swarms in that game. Dismembered zombies would have to change their attacks... a one armed zombie cannot do the same grab and bite and would be easier to fight off. A zombie that loses a leg could move and attack in a similar way as a crawling half corpse. Only head shots and decapitations can kill them... but you should not necessarily get a head shot on every swing. A slow and clumsy zombie should not be a big issue to fight off, but in the same breath they cannot be literal pushovers.
   Shotguns would need realistic reloads and extra shells to be found around the map. Perhaps even the addition of pistols here... just not enough to make everyone a well armed commando. Firing a gun should also draw in zombies from further away or cause two or three to spawn nearby for every shot fired... ammo is always finite and guns are loud. I think a heavier focus on melee weapons would work better. The addition of a bow or crossbow with limited arrows and quarrels that can be retrieved would be fun and not make the noise to draw more zombies to you.

Running zombie need not be a thing here... they would be impossible to outrun and in any kind of a horde it would quickly be game over. Slow moving zombies may seem less threatening, but they have no stamina to worry about. If you could outdistance them by too much, perhaps a few will randomly spawn nearby before you can recover all of your stamina... the maps are enclosed with few escape options after all... if escape is even an option in a particular game mode. I am sure some other ways could be thought of to make slow zombies a threat.

A similar barricading mechanic as I mentioned in the mod above for left 4 dead would be great for this as well. Noise from hammering in nails should draw more zombies as well. Zombies should be able to climb through unbarricaded windows, but should be extremely vulnerable whe doing so.

Infected players that actually die from the infection and become zombies is a good idea for this as well. How long will the infection take to kill them? Will the infection take hold quicker with more and more bites? As you said, med sprays do not cure the infection, but will heal wounds.... But should there be anti-biotics somewhere on the map for a cure? Perhaps a limit of only one or two uses and that is it, no more cures.
   I can see the infection mechanic being a problem with no cure or even limited cures on a map. The zombie's only real attack will leave each victim infected... or perhaps with a percentage chance of infection. The cure will only work if taken before any noticeable symptoms show up... so cures could be wasted on players that were not even infected?

Can the zombie players (and possibly bots) heal some HP by taking a bite out of players? 

Playing the zombies could be a lot of fun too. I like the powers you suggest for them. Not using unique or special looking zombies can keep it a challenge to spot which zombies are the other players if they did not spawn back from infection... and the zombies that are played by real people would be a much bigger threat than any bot.

I have a few thoughts on you other game modes as well.... I may come back later to post them if I have the time. 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2018 at 6:07 PM, Ahab said:

I have a few thoughts on you other game modes as well.... I may come back later to post them if I have the time. 

I really enjoyed reading someone else's thoughts on the idea and appreciate the like from the past. Your definitely right that adding Jason would make this very unfair for the counselors, but if we want the counselors to get more toys we need to up the threat. 

Ammo and reloading animation would be awesome. I was thinking five shot .38's for pistols, just dinky little hand guns. I have a thread I've co-opt for item suggestions, I'd like to think that this mode would lead to a lot of new items. 

As for balance in the modes, the level of selectable options should let it be balanced for groups of all levels of skill. 

Thanks for taking the time to respond, this level of analysis is the only way to convince the devs imo, hope to read more soon.

Edit - thanks for the merge.

New Ideas 

I don't have a new mode to discuss today, I do however want to talk about events that change QP, so I'm adding it here as I'm not really sure where it should go. I'd like the game to start running events, what kind of events you ask, scavenger hunts for upgrades I reply. I considered adding this to the prestige thread but it isn't really a prestige idea. Anyway that's enough rambling about me not knowing where to put my ideas.

We need, the game needs to provide casual players a reason to log in. A reason to try and complete objectives, so to do that we need a lure to bring them in. Things that don't have to be huge investments of time and money. Here's what I suggest, new items are added to QP for a limited time, at the end of the time limit anyone who has acquired the object keeps it. These items can be mostly cosmetic, and I'll start with the easiest to do. 

Radio skins can be purely cosmetic they don't need to change the mechanics at all, just give us more options for making our counselors unique. 

• Zack Morris Cell Phone, Chads favourite phone.
  • Veitnam style Walkie-talkie, big flexible antenna.
  • The Pink Phone, from that 80's game marketed at girls.
  • Aircraft Control Headset, big white ear pieces. 
  • Sony Walkman, it's about style and freedom.

Flashlights can be changed into a bunch of different light sources, letting you customize your counselor. Different lights can provide different levels of fear reduction. A lantern providing the most and a Zippo providing the least. Some might need new animations for activating them or carrying them in the left hand.

• Zippo, a lighter doesn't give very much light, but it looks cool ?.
  • Road Flare, gives off harsh red light, can't be turned off once you turn it on. (New)
  • The Flickering Flashlight, this is a cosmetic change but some people might enjoy the scares it generates. 
  • Themed Flashlights, just different skins on the standard light, maybe the option to hold it in your hand.
  • Hand Held Spotlight, the most powerful flashlight, like you see on cop cars. Gives directed lighting.
  • Lanterns, provide a large circle of light, giving the best fear reduction.

A number of different skins for each can be used to keep players coming back, to try and find the new model. A couple of new categories can be added to the clothing menus letting you select from your collection of lights and radios.

Binoculars, these can be added to regular matches, as an item that fills your weapon slot. They could also be given new skins that you collect, so I added them to the list. 

• Opera Glasses, for the Richie riches.
  • Pirate Telescope, extends when used.
  • Regular Binoculars, bird watching in a small convenient package.
  • Vietnam Military Binoculars, big and green.
  • Stargazing Telescope, the mother of all extreme range viewing. 

So those are my ideas for items that could be scavenged for. I think if we had week long hunts for items, it would bring players who might not sign in very often back to play regularly. 

New Dialogue - Counselor Audio Cosmetics 

I do have one other item that could be part of this Event series, mini cassette tapes. These wouldn't operate the same as the other items. The mini cassette tapes you collect contain new dialog for your counselor. Three or four tape slots could be added to the character screens letting us modify our dialogue and giving us more control of how our counselor reacts. 

Last I should cover wether these items can be purchased, they can be but not till the end of the season. The year can be divide up into quarters and each set can be released peice by peice. That way if you miss out on something you can buy it after it's exclusive period has ended. You should have to escape/survive to acquire new items. Jason might be able to sense the person carrying an item to make it more fun and challenging to actually get them. 

If they wanted to add prestige skins to items, that could also draw some players back to the game. 

Edit Two

I think we could expand the number of things that could be used as event motivators. The Mean Girl thread just made me think that it doesn't have to be only things that make the game different, it can be things that add to the characters in ways that only matter to the player. Ie. Purses, dog leash, bong (maybe?), stuffed animals. The items can be themed to holidays, they can be story clippings, photographs, or diary entries. If you build it they will come.

Looting is a major component of the game, counselor would be more likely to try and escape if it meant keeping a prize. Other counselors could be motivated to escape with someone carrying an item if a reward was earned, XP could be awarded to players who escape with a player who has an item. 

A Cabin could be added to offline mode that lets us store our prizes, the game can then show if it was earned in a match or purchased after the fact. Youtubers could then do tours of their collections building interest and giving them content. Seasons at Camp can have a diverse selection of prizes, that are easily be separated into useful or not but every thing added would lead to the question does this do something? The lantern is the best example, when the first player picks it up and turns it on, the world will look new again, it does something instantly noticeable. Hope you like the idea, I don't think it should be viewed as the emotes have been, what do you think?

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I wonder if we'll ever get a mode where that's the point. A Jason hunt, 4v1. Counselors get tricked out by spending CP before the match, PK one each, Med. Spray one each, a super durable weapon or firearm to start the match. Jason starts in rage with triple hit points, no time limit fight to the death. It could be fun to give Jason extra traps or knives, let the counselors start with a car. I think I'd want new death mechanics though, so at first it will have some excitement of being unpredictable. 

Moved this here from elsewhere, I might flesh it out tomorrow.

Jason Hunt - New Mode

Survivors of previous murder sprees band together to take out Jason once and for all. Hunting an enemy with every advantage, the counselors prepare themselves to re-enter the location of an attack. With no chance of outside help, no sweater and facing a superhuman opponent, do our fearless heroes stand a chance?

Find out next time...On Camp Blood

Mod Note - Please merge this with the post above when you find it NthnButaGoodTime.

@Slasher_Clone Greetings... Moving on to your other game mode suggestions....

Hunt Mode: A good idea for another offline mode... this could also work in multi player.
   I like the idea of Tommy with the mask from the end of part 5... a way to explore what might have happened if part 5 had been better received. I am glad the movies went with zombie Jason as the killer over Tommy though. Does he really need a hospital gown? Those thing are open in the back... perhaps he could just put his regular clothes back on before beginning his killing spree? 
   A hospital map would be nice for this.... but it could work on any map.
   If this were just straight team killing it could be difficult without the killer being able to regenerate... or at least heal. Maybe not so much in offline mode, but if it were included for online play... real people are much more difficult to fight then the A.I. Getting caught without a weapon could be problematic. Should the killer have access to Jason's kills, at least a couple of them that may be believable for a regular person to accomplish... or maybe just weapon kills? Should the killer have access to Jason's abilities?... This game could be difficult to find anyone without sense... letting the killer see people on the map as counselor's do just seems a bit unfair. Noise pings may not be enough without some form of sense. Tommy can run fast enough to not really need a teleport or shift... but if escape objectives were left in, objective control would be extremely difficult without some kind of fast travel option. If the killer Tommy was as easy to kill as a regular counselor, the moment he is facing multiple counselors would spell his doom.
   The killer Tommy being able to pick up parts and loot drawers to keep stuff away from counselors would be an interesting feature. If he drops a part, it should not show up on the map though... he should be able to hide parts this way. Tommy being able to stop a car in the same way as Jason seems a bit off for this... the same goes for the boat.
   Balancing this could be a bit of work, but not impossible with multiple eyes on the problem.

Hunted at Pinehurst: The murder bot is a good idea, but there would still be a few programing issues with this. The biggest problem with the bots now is that they just run against a rock or tree or whatever. Bots need to be picking a new waypoint (with a destination in mind) when they run into an obstruction. I hope they are working to improve this.
   Eventually... we hope... the devs will make significant improvements to the bot A.I. which would make something like this possible. The bots can already attack Jason... but the problem of how they search for victims could be an issue... but not insurmountable.

Experiment modes: The public playtesting of new modes perhaps? Or at least for those that apply for the testing?

Car Racing: A mode for racing may need a new map or two... but who doesn't like racing around in the cars? Throwing Jason into the mix to stop cars and kill the drivers would be interesting and good practice for Jason players to stop the cars. Bot A.I. is not good enough for racing at the moment, but who knows what the future holds?

Foot Racing: Vanessa would always win... unless Jason stops here antics. Or perhaps a Crystal Lake Death Race... the counselors can try to win the race, or kill the other counselors and win by default... The first to the shotgun has a better chance, but where is the shotgun?
   Perhaps a good old fashioned beer chaser race? Every quarter mile or so, the racers have to stop and chug a pitcher of beer... but they can only drink so fast, perhaps a QTE to chug quicker? Either way... the counselor that happens to be Canadian would always win the beer chugging contest. Adding a drunk effect in for the counselors could make the race more interesting as well... duration based on stamina, modified by strength and luck?

Maximum Overdrive: I loved that movie... Another problem with A.I. driving the cars... as I already stated, hopefully the A.I. is eventually improved enough for something like this to be possible. Perhaps the vehicles are actually player driven? But wouldn't all the machines be against you? Maybe you have to swim out and the boat is patrolling the waters for potential victims? The phone refuses to dial the police and you connect instead to a recorded message from Pamela? How to escape? Swim past the boat? or maybe just escape off the main road... but you have no maps... not even a mini map, which would give away the cars coming for you anyway. For those that know the maps well... you are not told what map you are on, you will have to recognize it by certain landmarks unique to each map? Perhaps some new maps for this... or the mapped landscape is flipped north - south... or east - west... or both?

Capture the Flag: This is a fun mode to play in many games and could be fun here as well. Perhaps even the option of up to 6 players per side... or maybe 8?

Paint Ball: This could be fun to play as well... but could also use real bullets with a pistol. Perhaps the pistol could also be used in capture the flag? This would make a good free for all with some other types of weapons not available in the regular game. Or if it is just kept to paintball... perhaps the players that are outed from the game become Jason's targets as they make their way back to the lodge? Jason does not spawn until the second player is shot with a paintball? The phone in the lodge works, but can only be used by someone that has seen Jason or by someone who has seen the body of one or more of Jason's victims? The winner of the paintball game has the keys spawn into his inventory and only now a car can start? 

There are more modes to comment on here... and you may even have more ideas before I get a chance to comment on the rest. I am trying to work my way down the list... There is always more to elaborate on with all of these ideas... and some possible future ideas. New game modes would be great to see, but are probably a way off into the future yet.
   Keep the ideas flowing!!

• Like 1

Fuck it, @ShiftySamurai, it's time for zombies.

If a dlc can be released for Farcry that takes place in Vietnam, F13 should be able to add content that isn't related to the F13 property. The Night of the Living Dead series is public domain. There has to be a way to give us more content while we wait for the law suit to be settled. I really hope it works out for you but in the mean time I would like to Save Crystal Lake for real.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/video-games/3526236/mobile-game-dead-2-adding-night-living-dead-event-films-50th-anniversary/

So I just read this and thought to myself, that seems familiar. Where has someone discussed the fiftieth anniversary, oh yeah I wrote an idea for the fiftieth anniversary. It wasn’t well received by the diehards but I still think it has merit, that it would expand the game and bring in more/old players. I wrote a message directly asking Wes to read through it this morning funnily enough. I still want to save Crystal Lake, a free period has brought in some new players but more can be done.

If any of you would like to chat about any of the ideas above, it would at least kill some time. I know it’s a lot to digest, sorry about that.

On 4/11/2018 at 10:28 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

@4358HAL, thanks for taking the time to respond. Your response is kinda jumbled and very ADHD, as someone who is ADHA I got the gist of it. If you want me to break down what I think send me a DM, I don't think I need to explain to others reading this why. Two thing I will cover are...

I will say I don't think kids will be introduced to the camps (Although there's a way but they still wouldn't be playable).

As for sex, we will see if it exists in single player challenges and if it does, that will be the extent of it.

These two things don't need to be discussed in this thread, they have been discussed elsewhere.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A new way to do single player Offline Counselor Mode. 

Version One - Hunt mode

Killing bots with Jason can be fun, but I was thinking how much more challenging it would be to hunt them as a fellow counselor. It would be harder as they could easily kill you if your not careful. You'd have to get them trapped or alone at the very least before trying to butcher them. Working out which counselors are OP and which perks make the best meta would be fun. 

A few things could make this more interesting, like being able to select Tommy as your Killer, or starting with a more damaging weapon. A new Skin of Tommy in the mask and hospital gown would be cool. Give the hunter Jason's beartraps and throwing knives, he doesn't need a flashlight you don't need to trick bots by flashing your light or doing emotes. Use these buttons for these other features. 

Allow the hunter to take the keys with them when he/she exits the vehicle. Keys no longer occupy a quick slot. 

Version Two - Hunted mode (Hunted at Pinehurst)

I was thinking that if I was playing Mitch and I knew one of the other six counselors was a killer it would make me paranoid. You'd spawn in as you preferred counselor at the cabin with Rob's body, and your goal would be to escape or find the murderer. No Jason bot to program, just a regular counselor bot made aggressive towards others. A murder bot if you will. Friendly fire is on so attacking other counselors might lead to your death but also allow you to defend yourself from the Murder Bot. 

The bot might get hung up on scenery or become trapped if this happens the Murder Bot might Morph to a clear area or the nearest point. Alternately the Murder Bot settings might activate on a different Bot in the match, insuring the threat doesn't just evaporate. It would be possible even the bot you've partnered up with could become the killer.

It could be a number of bots are programmed to go after other counselors not just one. Do the Murder Bots team up, do they fight each other, lots of interesting questions?

I might add more later, I'm being summoned right now.

Edit - A Vic type character would be cool and make this a reel one Pinehurst mode.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/18641-the-tough-guy-counselor/

Experiment Mode

I think it would be kinda cool if the devs did some experiments with the game. It could be a special mode that is playable for a short time, 13 days would be good. These modes could be collected and bundled as dlc each year. So some modes might require you to play offline and some might require you to play in PM after you buy the yearly bundle.

I think the modes could start simply and get more complicated or expensive after a trial it see how people like them. Some of the modes could lead to dlc just for them, and future maps could be designed with this in mind.

Sample Modes

- The Car Race, courses are plotted around the map, or free drive is an option. Dlc car models would be nice. Think this mode could be revised later as a zombie killing mode as per the OP. Each time they come up with something unique a new Race mode could be added. Two or three a year might be refreshing changes of pace. 

- The Foot Race, offline but could be more than one player, you run a set of way points, a primitive AI killer could be added, it doesn't have to be Jason. The killer that tries to catch you at each section, then morphs to the next section. Way points in and out of cabins mean sometimes going through, and sometimes going around. Instead of Jason maybe your being chased by other counselors, prank gone wrong or really any excuse, bullying maybe. Do you take the time to get a med spray, and just crash through the windows and heal, or do you hop in and out of a hiding place to regen. stamina.

- Maximum Overdrive, I know it would be cheesy but trying to escape from homicidal cars would be crazy fun. Fixing the fuze box would be especially tricky on most maps, and getting to the cops would be down right hard. The fact that the boat might be the only good way to escape might lead to cars driving into the water and being destroyed. A new car could spawn if a car ends up in the destroyed state, four or five cars would up the challenge. New cars could spawn from the exits, in intervals of 3 - 5 minutes.

- Capture the Flag, two teams of four counselors compete to find and steal the other sides flag. PvP is off until you pick up the other teams flag, while it is in your possession, you can be injured or killed. Dropping the flag removes the effect but then they might take it back. The first player killed could come back as Jason or Tommy. There are lots of ways this mode could be set up ie. guns or no guns, mini map off or blind to players on the other team.

- Paint Ball, four on four paintball game, new dlc costumes or counselor weapon ie paintball guns, paint mines or grenades. Nothing but good clean fun, have Jason be a selectable option as well. 

Each mode could let the Devs try out new features or mechanics in a fun way, with no promise that it will ever be in the core game. Then at the right time a bundle can be released generating some profit to pay for adding those new features that do make it into the game. 

Got any ideas for cool experimental modes, add them below. Feel free to mention Events your interested in.

Paint ball that could've been fun as a daylight mini game then sun goes down... Jason arrives and the game proceeds as usual. 

• Like 1

A zombies mode? Like Call of Duty? Just gotta survive the longest?

I just want an offline counselor mode with a bot Jason, OR no Jason, just a single Counselor, so you can get used to the map and stuff