ShiftySamurai

Friday the 13th: The Game - Jason Weapon Swapping & Keybinding

1 hour ago, HumzasXS said:

Actually, I'm not. I had the game from July 27 2017, I don't think it's fair too consulers because he's so op. I agree there were too many before, but now it's not even fair, I'm getting bored, because it's not even fair anymore.

Yet you still can’t spell the word “counselor”?

I think the amount of pocket knives in this patch is fine and right where it should be. On the update with all the knives it was way to easy to kill Jason since he couldn't fight back very well.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, PartVI_legend said:

Now there's literally NO reason at all to use :JasonPt7: lmao.

Will it cost CP to swap weapons or they're already unlocked for every jasons?

speak for yourself i love part 7 and can't wait to use the axe with him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bless 2 Success said:

This could drop at any point now 

It’s not April yet is it? How long did I sleep last night?

On a side note this should reawaken the multiplayer and give this game much needed replay value. I just don’t  understand selling exclusive kills for part 4 and 7 Jason’s and they will be used by any Jason, it doesn’t make much sense, will they be selling any more?

what if about the whole savini thing the farm pitchfork shared some of the more basic kills with savinis like the turn around stab in the back of the head but they had their own more complicated kills that utilize the differences between the weapons that way savini backers get something unique besides a cool looking, but meh stats jason and the non savini backers get a pitchfork with some of the kills

Sorry if someone had already asked/commented this.

Will the Destruction/Weapon Damage effects be on your Jason with that weapon?

For example: Pt7 with the Pig Splitter

Can you make it so that it gives you new kills when you swap Jason? Every Friday the 13th has multiple kills with the interchangeable weapons. 

Well this news makes sense.

Jason killed with a variety of weapons in each film. Its strange that it was removed in beta.

It would suck if we miss out on the original pitchfork and the original wooden spear seen in the early trailers. Maybe they can be level unlockables?

Poor Part 7 though. He really needs something or he's going to collect dust on the digital shelf.

Saw blade perhaps? Grip strength change? Something.

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@Alkavian With no modifications, Jason's combat would be the same as it is now regardless of weapon. They'd need to make tweaks to each and every Jason if they wanted to alter attack speed or whatnot.

Well I hope so. It would be a bit much if you could equip Part VII's machete or Roy's shears for the weapon speed buff and put it on Savini or Part VIII. They would be breaking down doors crazy fast and become even more meta overnight.:P

14 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Well this news makes sense.

Jason killed with a variety of weapons in each film. Its strange that it was removed in beta.

It would suck if we miss out on the original pitchfork and the original wooden spear seen in the early trailers. Maybe they can be level unlockables?

Poor Part 7 though. He really needs something or he's going to collect dust on the digital shelf.

Saw blade perhaps? Grip strength change? Something.

Part 7 needs a total overhaul. His shift penalty needs to be removed and he needs his non-water speed strengths replaced with something actually useful like morph and weapon strength.

8 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Part 7 needs a total overhaul. His shift penalty needs to be removed and he needs his non-water speed strengths replaced with something actually useful like morph and weapon strength.

If they added a damage modifier for positive grip strength. Depending on how much damage per grab it did. Grip Strength would be a big deal, as long as you couldn't kill with just the grab alone. It would probably be overkill for Part 3, but for Part 7, it might be a good singular strength defined to him.

Other than that.

+ Morph

+ Water Speed

+ More Hit Points (Takes much more to knock his mask compared to all others)...I don't want to give out Weapon Strength like its candy even if it would do wonders

- Traps

- Stun Resistance

- Defense

Hoping for some changes.

I'm pretty stoked that my Part 6 will finally be able to put his machete to use.

EDIT: Also I suspect this means we may start seeing new weapons usable with all Jasons sometime in the future. Come on Gun/Illfonic...get us that Kaiser Blade and a Sledgehammer. Farmer's pitchfork would be nice too.

So I guess this means an end to exclusive kills tie to each Jason.

The machete is the best weapon. What's the point of carrying anything else besides liking the aesthetics?

I preferred that they had kept weapons tied to each killer. That help made each of them played differently. It wasn't just perks. I guess most just don't care about that.

31 minutes ago, Loading said:

So I guess this means an end to exclusive kills tie to each Jason.

The machete is the best weapon. What's the point of carrying anything else besides liking the aesthetics?

I preferred that they had kept weapons tied to each killer. That help made each of them played differently. It wasn't just perks. I guess most just don't care about that.

I understand where you're coming from. At first i felt like these weapons help made each Jason unique. But now they can with this update add more weapons to his arsenal that he used in the movies. It ultimately keeps things fresh and interesting and adds great replay value. I like the way they keep evolving the game over time it keeps the game from getting old. I'm sure you'll embrace it once they add new weapons like the pitchfork, weed whacker, chainsaw, and kaiser blade!

ALso am i the only one that thinks we'll be getting this new update sooner rather than later? Usually when they give us a trailer the new update isn't very far off.

Can we have it so we can swap weapons during the match?

All the weapons can spawn throughout every map and Jason can swap them out, similar to the way counselors do with theirs, with the exception of being able to outright drop it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Can we have it so we can swap weapons during the match?

All the weapons can spawn throughout every map and Jason can swap them out, similar to the way counselors do with theirs, with the exception of being able to outright drop it.

That would be cool, but it's highly unlikely, especially with how choosing your grab kills works.

2 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

That would be cool, but it's highly unlikely, especially with how choosing your grab kills works.

They can tie the kill selection to the weapon instead of the Jason.

7 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

This is welcome news but, without any concrete release date, it's difficult to be too excited about.

Probably in April, they have already said that they will not release any content until they update the game engine

20 minutes ago, i-cold said:

Probably in April, they have already said that they will not release any content until they update the game engine

I wouldn't get my hopes up for April, they said some time in April sooo I'm not getting my hopes up for April.

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I wouldn't get my hopes up for April, they said some time in April sooo I'm not getting my hopes up for April.

this actually might be before engine update do to the fact its a feature not new content