ShiftySamurai

Friday the 13th: The Game - Jason Weapon Swapping & Keybinding

20 minutes ago, HumzasXS said:

I hope you make consulers a little more stronger. Jason's overpowered. There are only 3 pocket knives in the whole map. Plus, ppl are betraying and teamkilling more now. I don't feel this is fair, also removing more weapons and pocket knives? I agree there were too many before, but now there's nothing, I think you should do something to make it even for Jason and consulers.

It’s not supposed to be even....... 

• Like 2

Awesome. I was hoping we would get weapon swapping eventually. I look forward to it. I am sure there are a lot of happy key swapping enthusiasts as well!

Just now, HumzasXS said:

Well this is a game. Nobody's gonna play it if it's not fair.

may i ask what is not fair

Thanks for adding this, but now the Jason's don't seem unique anymore, it's a really cool new feature though, please add a farm pitchfork.

12 minutes ago, HumzasXS said:

Actually, I'm not. I had the game from July 27 2017, I don't think it's fair too consulers because he's so op. I agree there were too many before, but now it's not even fair, I'm getting bored, because it's not even fair anymore.

Ok then you must mostly play in randoms lobbies rather than with a group of similarly skilled friends. I could deliberately not escape and last the full 20 minutes most of the time if I wanted to. There needs to be new features for all players rather than just slapping on more pocket knives, which would be a band-aid for those that don't play with proper teamwork.

BUUUUT, I'm not going to push the matter further because this is a thread in celebration to the best damn feature this game could have gotten since launch.

3 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

Thanks for adding this, but now the Jason's don't seem unique anymore, it's a really cool new feature though, please add a farm pitchfork.

I had an idea to tie in attributes to weapons. like, use the PickAxe, spawn with one extra trap, but if you're part 2 without the pickaxe, you'll start with 6 traps rather than 7. It could make for some deep customizaiton options.

• Like 2

I don't think it's fair that each map has only 3 pocket knives and the weapon decreased. I agree there were 2 many before but now... we need to add a few more to make it a little more even. I think he should be scary. But he already is.but just make it a little more better for consulers.

Well, not everybody has time to play with friends, sometimes they don't reply, some of my friends are getting bored because how op Jason is.

18 minutes ago, HumzasXS said:

Well this is a game. Nobody's gonna play it if it's not fair.

7v1, the current balance is more than fair to counselors. 

• Like 2

I just took a break from studying and saw this come up in a YouTube feed so I immediately came here. 

This is fucking awesome guys very excited about this! Thanks for always keeping an open ear. 

9 minutes ago, HumzasXS said:

I don't think it's fair that each map has only 3 pocket knives and the weapon decreased. I agree there were 2 many before but now... we need to add a few more to make it a little more even. I think he should be scary. But he already is.but just make it a little more better for consulers.

listen i hate to say this if this previous update hindered your play that bad you are not good at this game and need to practice because majority of players still do very well as counselors

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HumzasXS said:

Well, not everybody has time to play with friends, sometimes they don't reply, some of my friends are getting bored because how op Jason is.

Oh ok so you want a crutch to help you for not having a proper team. There are numerous groups for steam and consoles to get new people on your friends list to play with.

• Like 1

So DLC Weapon packs are pretty much confirmed now so put my damn Flying V in the game!!!! :D

Also maybe the speargun from Part III

The hedge trimmer from Part VII

The syringe or icepick (maybe to allow Jason to be even faster being those weapons are only useful as grab kills) :lol:

Maybe finally give Jason a chainsaw?

Pitch Fork

Freddy's Glove?

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

In combat the FireAxe functions the same as any other one-handed weapon in my experience. I've never noticed a difference in hitboxes or anything.

Part 8 is the only Jason I've routinely been able to hit 2 people at the same time with and I've also found it easier in general to connect with his weapon. 
The only thing I don't like is how he hits the doors in combat stance. 

6 minutes ago, PartVI_legend said:

Now there's literally NO reason at all to use :JasonPt7: lmao.

Will it cost CP to swap weapons or they're already unlocked for every jasons?

Maybe Part 7 was intended as a hard mode?

11 minutes ago, HumzasXS said:

Actually, I'm not. I had the game from July 27 2017, I don't think it's fair too consulers because he's so op. I agree there were too many before, but now it's not even fair, I'm getting bored, because it's not even fair anymore.

I am still finding at least one pocket knife in almost every game I play, sometimes two, I have not had three since they reduced the numbers. Med sprays, still lots of those. I found four over the course of one game last night. In a game today, Jason was killing several counselors near the phone box as we kept trying to call the police. Six med sprays around the fuse box after I died. I wish I took a screenshot when I died to show you, but most people know what I am talking (not complaining) about. Personally, I am not seeing the problem. It should be a challenge to escape.
    The current patch seems fine. Get in a car with a good driver, Jason only has to miss once and up to four people are gone. Another game last night, me and a few friends got both cars going. Two people in the four seater and just me in the two seater. I followed the other car only a few feet behind. Jason missed us and we were gone. Imagine if we also got the boat going, or if the cars were both full. Both cars and the boat and everyone can escape, if you can evade Jason long enough. Note; directly confronting Jason does not qualify as evading him. It will (and should) eventually lead to your death. I have also seen everyone escape to the police twice in the last week. The second game I was playing Tommy and was the last one on the map, I felt the Jason player deserved at least one kill and purposely gave him the fireplace kill. He was very grateful for the achievement he just got. These few examples do not make this game sound difficult (unless you are playing Jason, but shit happens). Teamwork is still the counselor's strongest point, and it should be. It may be difficult these days to try and "lone wolf it".
    Jason is supposed to be and should be over powered (it is not meant to be fair, hence: asymmetrical horror survival game).

• Like 1

Everything is being rebuilt for the new engine, or at least formatted and streamlined. To get rid of some of the bugs and update the graphics this means things that haven't been tweaked since the beta have gotten looked at. I'm sure it's going to feel like a whole new game. The fact that they seem to be integrating things already is great news. Keep up the good work.