ShiftySamurai

Friday the 13th: The Game - Jason Weapon Swapping & Keybinding

Just now, [IllFonic]Courier said:

but other Jasons will not be able to equip the pitchfork

But what about the people who already own savini? Can they make other Jason’s equip the pitchfork?

1 minute ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Savini Jason will be able to swap out the pitchfork for other weapons, but other Jasons will not be able to equip the pitchfork

Thank you for fast confirmation on this. Now there's no need for thread after thread wondering.

Keep up the good work, Illfonic dudes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Savini Jason will be able to swap out the pitchfork for other weapons, but other Jasons will not be able to equip the pitchfork

Ok thanks

YES YES YES!!!! Please give part 2 his wooden spear and shovel handled pitchfork and part 3 his wooden handled pitchfork.

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

I'm definitely going to be playing as Savini with the shears. That will be funny.

I'm going with Axe and bust doors down in three hits and go "I just wanna Axe you a question!" 

Will swing time with weapons be adjusted for door busting animations? For example, a +destruction Jason with a fast-swinging weapon (machete, shears) will be able to cut down doors even faster than before if nothing changes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Now let the counselors carry a weapon and battery/gas/propeller at the same time, okay? They have TWO hands!

• Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, kitcat said:

Now let the counselors carry a weapon and battery/gas/propeller at the same time, okay? They have TWO hands!

You still need one hand free to open and close doors and windows. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

You still need one hand free to open and close doors and windows. 

Okay, then give 3 hands to the counselors lol 

Well, sometimes we don't need to open anything, but we can't fight against him with the battery or the gas, so... 

5 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

I'm definitely going to be playing as Savini with the shears. That will be funny.

God, I'm so excited for the Savini possibilities now that he'll have a weapon worth a damn.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Hello, slashers! Today we wanted to show you something that will be important to our fans who prefer to play as Jason. In the next update, and when you reach a sufficient progression level, you will be able to switch Jason’s weapon. Jason Part VII with a machete? Sure. Roy with a pig splitter? Go for it.

Everyone on the Friday the 13th: The Game team is excited to see the community start experimenting with different Jason & Weapon combinations! 

With Jason being able to switch up his arsenal, we’re happy to let players know that custom key-binding is on the way for our PC players. We know that this is something that you have wanted for a while now, and our left-handed players have certainly been asking us about, and we’re happy to implement this highly requested feature.

YES! Been waiting so long for this! I can't wait to play as Roy with a Machete.:)

Just now, kitcat said:

Okay, then give 3 hands to the counselors lol 

I can only see the shotgun being used as a weapon slot, if you look how the shotgun goes onto your back I could see a work around for that. However I wouldn't get my hopes up for being able to carry a weapon since this game is more focus on having team work. 

Let's all bear in mind just how much this is gonna mix things up, too.

People both playing as and against, say, Jason VI are going to be used to his slow but long range spear poke. Now he could suddenly be stomping about with Part III's axe instead? You'll really have to bear in mind both the weapon as well as the Jason. Best to pay good attention in the opening cutscene to see what he's got!

11 minutes ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Okay, sounds a fair compromise. Think I'll probably keep him with that pitchfork, myself.

This is too awesome. You guys just keep getting better and better. So proud to consider myself a fan of Gun and Illfonic and of course this game. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I can only see the shotgun being used as a weapon slot, if you look how the shotgun goes onto your back I could see a work around for that. However I wouldn't get my hopes up for being able to carry a weapon since this game is more focus on having team work. 

Yup, the shotgun sounds great. Better than nothing. And small guns that we can put next to our flashlight or the walkie. 

Yeah, guys. So much love for Jason players lately. Okay, good. What about some love for the counselor players now? Thanks. 

7 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

Will swing time with weapons be adjusted for door busting animations? For example, a +destruction Jason with a fast-swinging weapon (machete, shears) will be able to cut down doors even faster than before if nothing changes.

I would hazard a guess that at least one of the attributes for each Jason might be tied to the weapon.  So if you swap weapons, you will be swapping skills as well.  Could be wrong, but that would be a way to keep some balance.  If you want +Destruction for example, you'd need either the Fire Axe, the Pig Splitter or the Pitchfork.

Then again, maybe that's too much thought into this haha.