ShiftySamurai

Friday the 13th: The Game - Jason Weapon Swapping & Keybinding

7 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Hello, slashers! Today we wanted to show you something that will be important to our fans who prefer to play as Jason. In the next update, and when you reach a sufficient progression level, you will be able to switch Jason’s weapon. Jason Part VII with a machete? Sure. Roy with a pig splitter? Go for it.

Everyone on the Friday the 13th: The Game team is excited to see the community start experimenting with different Jason & Weapon combinations! 

With Jason being able to switch up his arsenal, we’re happy to let players know that custom key-binding is on the way for our PC players. We know that this is something that you have wanted for a while now, and our left-handed players have certainly been asking us about, and we’re happy to implement this highly requested feature.

First off awesome and thank you...secondly...any chance of a real Jason X/Grendel trailer soon? Or even just an update on the new map and Uber Jason? Will he be able to swap weapons? Cuz ya know he really wants his machete!!!

6 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

this actually might be before engine update do to the fact its a feature not new content 

It could be but knowing them it's gonna be put out with the new update with Single Player Challenges 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kitcat said:

Now let the counselors carry a weapon and battery/gas/propeller at the same time, okay? They have TWO hands!

NO! Will mess up the game!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HumzasXS said:

I hope you make consulers a little more stronger. Jason's overpowered. There are only 3 pocket knives in the whole map. Plus, ppl are betraying and teamkilling more now. I don't feel this is fair, also removing more weapons and pocket knives? I agree there were too many before, but now there's nothing, I think you should do something to make it even for Jason and consulers.

Just shhh. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HumzasXS said:

Well, not everybody has time to play with friends, sometimes they don't reply, some of my friends are getting bored because how op Jason is.

Sounds like you and your friends were just a bunch of "let's just troll Jason" players who haven't a clue how to truly work together and actually escape. You and your kind will not be missed if you stop playing. 

• Thanks 1

Can't wait to equip my Savini with a pig splitter! I've always loved Part 4's kills the best. 

I really hope weapons equipped to Savini Jason get that "Savini Finish" to them. 

• Like 1

Its good news, but first we need fix car glitch, and fix save modifer (bug, where player can stuck 3 same perk, or get Jason X now).

The game engine is getting revamped, some time in April. Until that's done, I really don't expect anything else to come along. If plans change, hey, nice surprise, but better to go with that unless there is firm news otherwise. I'd rather not have that revamp potentially delayed.

10 hours ago, Brigadius said:

At what lvl does key binding unlock?

I can't imagine any reason the key binding will need a required level. Just the weapon swapping.

5 hours ago, uberXJoshua said:

Why did my reply post 4 times?

No problem, cleaned up now.

13 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Savini Jason will be able to swap out the pitchfork for other weapons, but other Jasons will not be able to equip the pitchfork

Awesome.

On another note, this would allow the release of special Weapon packs, such as a  Farm Pitchfork that was seen in use in one of the original trailers for the game, for download as future content.

So, the destruction will be different too? Or it's related to each Jason's character strengh?

For example, Jason part IV is able to break a blocked door with 3 strokes using the pig spitter, but Jason part V will still need 6 strokes with the same weapon?

1 hour ago, AJViolet said:

For example, Jason part IV is able to break a blocked door with 3 strokes using the pig spitter, but Jason part V will still need 6 strokes with the same weapon?

This is true, destruction is tied only to the Jason and not the weapons.

• Like 2

I'm so using these combinations

Jason part 2 spear

Jason part 3 machete

Jason part 4 machete/pig splitter

Jason part 5 machete/fire axe

Jason part 6 machete/spear

Jason part 7 fire axe/shears/machete

Jason part 8 spear/fire axe/machete

Jason 9 machete ...when did he use anything else but that (a shovel to kick Steven's butt??)

Jason X machete/spear/pig splitter/battle axe/fire axe... because he a beasts with blades

17 hours ago, Shadesofjoe said:

Will swing time with weapons be adjusted for door busting animations? For example, a +destruction Jason with a fast-swinging weapon (machete, shears) will be able to cut down doors even faster than before if nothing changes.

This is my biggest question @ShiftySamurai@[IllFonic]Courier... That could have an impact on balance.

I'm also curious if you could tell us what the level requirement is, but I'm assuming there's a reason you didn't mention it in the OP.

17 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I own him too, I'm not against the idea of players getting the pitchfork however it's the kills I see the issue with, those were promised to backers. We saw a new kill in the Mocap so we could be seeing a kill pack coming to allow players to use the pitchfork with a new set of kills. 

Actually the promise was "Jason character designed by Tom Savini, with unique weapon"- kickstarter

As long as Savini is the only one that gets the trident skin for his pitchfork that promise remains.

Also that stab to the back of the head kill is awful for the trident,  In that trailer the farm pitchfork has the prongs come out the eyes (Savini said it was even meant to have skewered eye balls in the final version) but because of the shape of the trident it only come out the forehead.

17 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Well yes of course. They already have the "farm" style pitchfork model in the game files, it's just unused right now.

Hell, you can see part 3 Jason use it in the virtual cabin when you walk out into the woods

18 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Savini Jason will be able to swap out the pitchfork for other weapons, but other Jasons will not be able to equip the pitchfork

Why would other Jason’s not be able to use the pitchfork? If you don’t have Savini then yea, I don’t think you should be able to use the pitchfork.

Now that the Jasons are no longer married to one weapon each the devs have given themselves a lot more freedom when it comes to adding weapons to the game. 

They can give use stuff like the scythe, long-handled machete, or power tree-saw without worry about whether they should stick them on to pre-uber Jason or something.

17 minutes ago, JasonVsWindows said:

Now that the Jasons are no longer married to one weapon each the devs have given themselves a lot more freedom when it comes to adding weapons to the game. 

They can give use stuff like the scythe, long-handled machete, or power tree-saw without worry about whether they should stick them on to pre-uber Jason or something.

The devs already said we will not ever be getting pre Uber Jason...which sucks!! I would love to have pre Uber Jason X in the game but I guess I gotta be happy with Uber Jason

11 minutes ago, uberXJoshua said:

The devs already said we will not ever be getting pre Uber Jason...which sucks!! I would love to have pre Uber Jason X in the game but I guess I gotta be happy with Uber Jason

"I'm fairly sure it's not a crime, but I will make sure that people know that Jason X (Pre-Uber) is wanted." - ShiftySamurai

link

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JasonVsWindows said:

"I'm fairly sure it's not a crime, but I will make sure that people know that Jason X (Pre-Uber) is wanted." - ShiftySamurai

link

Omfg did he really say that? Awesome!!!