ShiftySamurai

Friday the 13th: The Game - Jason Weapon Swapping & Keybinding

5 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Shit. All my Jasons are going to have a machete now. Lol. 

HA I knew this was gonna happen. And you beat me to it. I was gonna say the same.

I'm calling it now: Part 3 Jason with Part 8's ax will be the new meta

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

Will swing time with weapons be adjusted for door busting animations? For example, a +destruction Jason with a fast-swinging weapon (machete, shears) will be able to cut down doors even faster than before if nothing changes.

Oh this is EXACTLY what I want.  Part 8 with a machete, doing the best kills in the game (IMO).  No need to pick Part 7 ever again.  Those awesome machete kills were his only saving grace.

Just now, WashingtonJones said:

HA I knew this was gonna happen. And you beat me to it. I was gonna say the same.

I think it's more likely to be part 8 with 7's machete.

Part 3 with the spear will be interesting. You get weapon reach and weapon strength together like Savini. You also still get to run and don't have any -shift or -morph drawbacks to hold you down. 

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

I think it's more likely to be part 8 with 7's machete.

No that will be my new meta. 

J8 with the machete is gonna be a very close second for anybody though.

4 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Lol. It’s the most iconic Jason weapon. And really has the best kills with the DLC. I’ll probably never use the shears now. 

6 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

I swear I've seen that before....  oh, wait:

28 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I'm actually more excited for J3's Retro look with the fireman's axe.  

Nailed it.

13 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

I don't think the weapons are going to have stats attached to them. I think weapons will have no bearing on any factors other than attack animations.

I could imagine that a "half-strength" system might work. Like about half of the stat is applied to the weapon. So if a non-destruction Jason uses a fireaxe then they'd destroy doors in 6 hits as apposed to 6 normally. If a +Destruction Jason would use a non-destruction weapon, they'd destroy doors in 4 hits. That's the way I'd handle the system if I were in charge lol. In lieu of that I think the weapon swap will have no bearing on damage and destruciton values in any capacity.

18 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

I really don't care whether a pitchfork ever becomes available to the peons, but assuming the superior melee ability of a machete or pig splitter is added to Savini without changing any of his +s or -s...which exactly is the better Jason choice? Maybe Part 3...maybe?

As a "peon", you can keep your pitchfork.

Pitchforks are for peasants.

• Like 1

Good news for a bad day, looks like i will be able to play as Part IV with the double headed axe or Part 9 with the machete. Still i don't know which weapon i will give to Part 8, i have time to think about it tho :ph34r:

Ok say the pre-beta pitchfork and spear are added as useable weapons while Savini still has his demonic pitchfork. With that implemented does that mean that there will be more weapon skins?

13 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

I’ll probably never use the shears now. 

We are synchronized today, my friend. That was my other auto response to the news!

18 minutes ago, Ker Juice said:

No need to pick Part 7 ever again. 

Alright motherfuckers! No more of this shit! The next update announcement better be titled "We juiced up J7"

11 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I don't think the weapons are going to have stats attached to them.

I know. That's why the Weapon Strength of J3 will make the connectivity and functionality of J8's ax much more lethal. I doubt they're gonna change anything to the strength or animations.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shaild said:

Good news for a bad day, looks like i will be able to play as Part IV with the double headed axe or Part 9 with the machete. Still i don't know which weapon i will give to Part 8, i have time to think about it tho :ph34r:

Do you know what this means? DLC WEAPON PACKS! More money for them lol. They can release new weapons and *gasp* oh boy...

friday-the-13th-part-VII-2.jpg

6004a767d97c39f397e6026a861ff3a4.jpg

ShutUpAndTakeMyMoney.jpg

5 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

I know. That's why the Weapon Strength of J3 will make the connectivity and functionality of J8's ax much more lethal. I doubt they're gonna change anything to the strength or animations.  

In combat the FireAxe functions the same as any other one-handed weapon in my experience. I've never noticed a difference in hitboxes or anything.

• Like 3

One of the best things about this update is it will give the developers much more freedom to implement more weapons in the future without having to create an entirely new Jason. Now they can just start developing new weapons and every Jason essentially becomes a "new" Jason. This is important because we all know they are very quickly running out of Jasons to actually put in this game. Weapon swap effectively increases the game's life span. 

• Thanks 1

Indeed - and it suggests that maybe, one day, Jason will be able to weild a weapon that reliably hits counselors rather than just air, door frames, and walls.

1 minute ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Indeed - and it suggests that maybe, one day, Jason will be able to weild a weapon that reliably hits counselors rather than just air, door frames, and walls.

Like a double sided dildo!

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Normal pitchfork would require some unique kills if that's the case (and I suspect that'll come after the swap mechanic has been added).

If they change the look of the pitchfork and allow everyone to perform Savini's kills, they've reduced Savini Jason to nothing more than a skin.

Expect a "Pitchfork Kill Pack" down the road. That'll be cool...It'll add the pitchfork and new kills in one update.

This is awesome news! Exactly they also need to add an exclusive farm pitchfork and the infamous weed whacker from part 7 as DLC. I'd gladly pay 3 bucks for those!

Hm. This definitely opens up for a lot of new strategy to be implemented. 

Just now, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Like a double sided dildo!

Se7en, lust, Part 7, Jenny...Rule 34.

So I’m assuming next update is the new engine update right? all I can say is get that update done ASAP!!

2 minutes ago, TheRaven said:

So I’m assuming next update is the new engine update right? all I can say is get that update done ASAP!!

Yes, it looks like they cramming multiple updates worth of content into the engine update. I expect disaster.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Yes, it looks like they cramming multiple updates worth of content into the engine update. I expect disaster.

That's why it's a couple months out. I'm more excited for the new visual weapon bugs. It's gonna be great.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Do you know what this means? DLC WEAPON PACKS! More money for them lol. They can release new weapons and *gasp oh boy...

Pls abstain from fueling my hype even more :sadchappa: