ShiftySamurai

Friday the 13th: The Game - Jason Weapon Swapping & Keybinding

6 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

The fire axe and the pig splitter animations for busting down doors are measurably longer compared to the machete. I'm not talking about random combat swings. I'm talking about a specific game mechanic. 

And the swing reach/hit box on the machete is measurably shorter compared to the fire axe/pig splitter. So, you don't deny there's a trade-off involved, but you think he's giving up a small reach advantage to gain a big speed advantage. I disagree there's a meaningful distinction between the speed and reach deltas. Neither of us has quantified either measurement, though, so this is a pointless discussion.

2 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Well yes of course. They already have the "farm" style pitchfork model in the game files, it's just unused right now.

It was used in the PAX trailer. There’s no reason it shouldn’t be selectable with this update. 

2 minutes ago, BTHRZeroX said:

What about the DLC Packs Kills will they be usable with all Jasons? Like will I be able to use the Part 4 DLC Kills with say Part 9

Yes. The DLC kill packs are tied to the weapons.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

@Ghostboy20 Oh ok so you're playing devil's advocate. No doubt SOME people would get upset, but really, people would have no business being upset about that. If you ordered Savini, you have your charcter and your unique weapon skin. You got what you paid for. The devs withhold the right to change anything they want in the game, and it would be a good change to make.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

And the swing reach/hit box on the machete is measurably shorter compared to the fire axe/pig splitter.

In my personal experience it seems like the machete, pig splitter, fireaxe, and shears are all made to be the same length. They have the same combat attack animations(one-handed). They gave Part 4 a pig splitter because a normal meat cleaver would be far too short for this game. I think perhaps the pig splitter appears to have more length because part 4 can run. Just my personal assessment.

6 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Well yes of course. They already have the "farm" style pitchfork model in the game files, it's just unused right now.

Yep, so add that pitchfork + a Kill Pack for $3.99. "Savini's" kills also work for this pitchfork. "Savini" owners get access to these new Kill Pack kills under their pitchfork as well.

"Savini's" Pros/Cons, skin, music, remain exclusive to backers.

Everyone is happy - except those who can't attain said exclusive content (same as now).

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I see what you're saying. But he's more than a skin, and there's always been better Jason choices than "Savini". Not getting into that again.

I really don't care whether a pitchfork ever becomes available to the peons, but assuming the superior melee ability of a machete or pig splitter is added to Savini without changing any of his +s or -s...which exactly is the better Jason choice? Maybe Part 3...maybe?

1 minute ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Thanks for the reply I guess now I need to revamp the Grab Kill Page on the Wiki now xD

*Grumbles Dev's making work for me and stuff*

1 minute ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

It was used in the PAX trailer. There’s no reason it shouldn’t be selectable with this update. 

If you look at the video I noticed the spear is still the same spear from part 6 model when part 2 us using it unlike the trailer.

Just now, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@Ghostboy20 Oh ok so you're playing devil's advocate. No doubt SOME people would get upset, but really, people would have no business being upset about that. If you ordered Savini, you have your charcter and your unique weapon skin. You got what you paid for. The devs withhold the right to change anything they want in the game.

Again they devs said it wouldn't be available. That's where I think people draw the line at. I do want to see the pitchfork being used by other players but I'll have to say give them a whole set of different kills, the old kills are getting boring lol 

3 minutes ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Is destruction and weapon strength tied to the weapon or tied to the Jason?

1 minute ago, Dr. Lecter said:

I really don't care whether a pitchfork ever becomes available to the peons, but assuming the superior melee ability of a machete or pig splitter is added to Savini without changing any of his +s or -s...which exactly is the better Jason choice? Maybe Part 3...maybe?

Definitely a factor.

I guess the devs will have to figure that out.

Just now, Dr. Lecter said:

assuming the superior melee ability of a machete or pig splitter is added to Savini without changing any of his +s or -s...which exactly is the better Jason choice? Maybe Part 3...maybe?

Part 3 certainly gets better with this news for sure. 

Part 4 with a machete is going to be a much better indoor slasher, that's for goddamn sure :JasonPt4:

Shit. All my Jasons are going to have a machete now. Lol. Unless we can give part 2 the standard pitchfork. 

Other weapons will continue to have their novelty appeal, but I think machete becomes the de facto weapon of choice for most Jasons with update, imo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Shit. All my Jasons are going to have a machete now. Lol. Unless we can give part 2 the standard pitchfork. 

Same. Gonna be nice to be able to show the machete some love with a Jason that isn't garbage.

• Like 1

I might be a neat idea to have certain attributes tied to weapons. So, Part 3 has +Weapon strength, he can kill people in 3 hits without thick Skinned. I think normal weapon strength is 5 hits. So maybe if Part 3 used a weaker weapon, it would take 4 hits to kill, and if a Jason without +Weapon strength used the wood axe, they'd kill in 4 hits too. So it's like 1/2 of the attribute is tied to the weapon.

Part 2 Jason is my favorite Jason to play as, so swapping out some weapons for him is gonna be cool. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

This is good, I might buy that machete pack now. Like others, I’ve refused to buy it because of Part 7’s horrible stats (which still needs to be addressed). But now I may consider it.

Oh hell yes!!! Part 4 J with the machete performing the Mother kill? I'm all in!