Jump to content
ShiftySamurai

Friday the 13th: The Game - Jason Weapon Swapping & Keybinding

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Skully said:

Good changes, but why we can't use a normal Farm pitchfork?

 

Whats the plan behind this?

It has exclusive kills that was made for Saivin Jason. So the pitchfork will remain for that Jason. 

Just now, kitcat said:

Yup, the shotgun sounds great. Better than nothing. And small guns that we can put next to our flashlight or the walkie. 

Yeah, guys. So much love for Jason players lately. Okay, good. What about some love for the counselor players now? Thanks. 

They do get love, in clothing DLC. Trust me, all you need is a good group of players and you'll escape regardless. You don't need a extra hand ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skully said:

Good changes, but why we can't use a normal Farm pitchfork?

 

Whats the plan behind this?

Normal pitchfork would require some unique kills if that's the case (and I suspect that'll come after the swap mechanic has been added).

If they change the look of the pitchfork and allow everyone to perform Savini's kills, they've reduced Savini Jason to nothing more than a skin.

Expect a "Pitchfork Kill Pack" down the road. That'll be cool...It'll add the pitchfork and new kills in one update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, kitcat said:

When the announcement is about Jason weapons and not the Mean Girl...

giphy.gif

In april

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

Will swing time with weapons be adjusted for door busting animations? For example, a +destruction Jason with a fast-swinging weapon (machete, shears) will be able to cut down doors even faster than before if nothing changes.

So what? They're sacrificing weapon reach for weapon speed.

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

If they change the look of the pitchfork and allow everyone to perform Savini's kills, they've reduced Savini Jason to nothing more than a skin.

Yeah, if an exclusive purchasable only conferred an aesthetic difference rather than a gameplay advantage...that'd just be awful.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw the news. "coming soon" any Jason can have any other weapon currently designated for a different Jason, (other than the Savini pitchfork)

I think that's pretty cool, Not necessarily a game changer but still pretty cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr. Lecter said:

So what? They're sacrificing weapon reach for weapon speed.

I don't see the fire axe or the pig splitter having a big reach advantage over the machete. They are roughly equivalent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Skully said:

Good changes, but why we can't use a normal Farm pitchfork?

 

Whats the plan behind this?

What @AldermachXI said and also savini was pitched as having exclusive kills so before a pitch fork can be added they would have to make new kills. Pitchfork dlc kill pack would allow for everyone to use it so it will probably be along in time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

So what? They're sacrificing weapon reach for weapon speed.

Yeah, if an exclusive purchasable only conferred an aesthetic difference rather than a gameplay advantage...that'd just be awful.

I see what you're saying. But he's more than a skin, and there's always been better Jason choices than "Savini". Not getting into that again.

But in the long run, I think people would prefer a new pitchfork with new kills over getting a re-skinned "Savini" pitchfork with his same kills...More content doesn't usually upset people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shadesofjoe said:

I don't see the fire axe or the pig splitter having a big reach advantage over the machete. They are roughly equivalent. 

And they're roughly as fast to swing. Either whinge about minor differences, or don't - but at least be consistent about which it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

You get a machete, and you get a machete, and you get a machete! Everybody gets a machete!

It's funny because this was, well, not like the #1 request but it was always one bubbling around all this time yet it'd gone under my radar by this point in favour of bigger things. Glad they still kept it in mind and are going to implement this.

I'm actually more excited for J3's Retro look with the fireman's axe.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

It has exclusive kills that was made for Saivin Jason. So the pitchfork will remain for that Jason. 

They do get love, in clothing DLC. Trust me, all you need is a good group of players and you'll escape regardless. You don't need a extra hand ;)

3 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Normal pitchfork would require some unique kills if that's the case (and I suspect that'll come after the swap mechanic has been added).

If they change the look of the pitchfork and allow everyone to perform Savini's kills, they've reduced Savini Jason to nothing more than a skin.

Expect a "Pitchfork Kill Pack" down the road. That'll be cool...It'll add the pitchfork and new kills in one update.

I own Savini and in my personal opinion I don't care one bit if non-Savini owners can use the pitchfork kills. It doesn't devalue Savini to me. He still has unique pros & cons. In fact, with the weapon swap I'm more inclined to play as him with other weapons. Any Savini owner that would get butthurt over people using pitchfork kills needs to get a life. Coming from a Savini owner here.

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Moe9999633 said:

Will I be able to put other weapons on Savini?

Yes , but no other Jason can use his pitchfork

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I own Savini and in my personal opinion I don't care one bit if non-Savini owners can use the pitchfork kills. It doesn't devalue Savini to me. He still has unique pros & cons. In fact, with the weapon swap I'm more inclined to play as him with other weapons. Any Savini owner that would get butthurt over people using pitchfork kills needs to get a life. Coming from a Savini owner here.

 

I own him too, I'm not against the idea of players getting the pitchfork however it's the kills I see the issue with, those were promised to backers. We saw a new kill in the Mocap so we could be seeing a kill pack coming to allow players to use the pitchfork with a new set of kills. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr. Lecter said:

And they're roughly as fast to swing. Either whinge about minor differences, or don't - but at least be consistent about which it is.

The fire axe and the pig splitter animations for busting down doors are measurably longer compared to the machete. I'm not talking about random combat swings. I'm talking about a specific game mechanic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

I own him too, I'm not against the idea of players getting the pitchfork however it's the kills I see the issue with, those were promised to backers. We saw a new kill in the Mocap so we could be seeing a kill pack coming to allow players to use the pitchfork with a new set of kills. 

Are you actually saying you'd get your feelings hurt if people without Savini could do the pitchfork kills? Or are you playing devil's advocate? Would you personally feel slighted if other people could use the pitchfork kills? I mean, if that is so, then you need to find other things to be worried about.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I own Savini and in my personal opinion I don't care one bit if non-Savini owners can use the pitchfork kills. It doesn't devalue Savini to me. He still has unique pros & cons. In fact, with the weapon swap I'm more inclined to play as him with other weapons. Any Savini owner that would get butthurt over people using pitchfork kills needs to get a life. Coming from a Savini owner here.

 

You're right. That wouldn't bother me either.

But I still think it would be better to add a new pitchfork that suits all Jason's (they'd look dumb carrying Savini's) and they might as well make new kills for the new pitchfork...

If they wanted to use the existing kills on the new pitchfork too, making a total of 6 pitchfork kills, I'd be down for that.

That would also add a chance for Savini owners to add more kills to Savini - since he surely won't receive his own kill pack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jubileet said:

When is "the next update" though? Is that 3 months from now? 

Sometime in April, so two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AldermachXI said:

You're right. That wouldn't bother me either.

But I still think it would be better to add a new pitchfork that suits all Jason's (they'd look dumb carrying Savini's) and they might as well make new kills for the new pitchfork...

If they wanted to use the existing kills on the new pitchfork too, making a total of 6 pitchfork kills, I'd be down for that.

That would also add a chance for Savini owners to add more kills to Savini - since he surely won't receive his own kill pack.

Well yes of course. They already have the "farm" style pitchfork model in the game files, it's just unused right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

 

Hello, slashers! Today we wanted to show you something that will be important to our fans who prefer to play as Jason. In the next update, and when you reach a sufficient progression level, you will be able to switch Jason’s weapon. Jason Part VII with a machete? Sure. Roy with a pig splitter? Go for it.

Everyone on the Friday the 13th: The Game team is excited to see the community start experimenting with different Jason & Weapon combinations! 

With Jason being able to switch up his arsenal, we’re happy to let players know that custom key-binding is on the way for our PC players. We know that this is something that you have wanted for a while now, and our left-handed players have certainly been asking us about, and we’re happy to implement this highly requested feature.
 

What about the DLC Packs Kills will they be usable with all Jasons? Like will I be able to use the Part 4 DLC Kills with say Part 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Are you actually saying you'd get your feelings hurt if people without Savini could do the pitchfork kills? Or are you playing devil's advocate? Would you personally feel slighted if other people could use the pitchfork kills? I mean, if that is so, then you need to find other things to be worried about.

I'm saying it would bother people who would. I don't really care at all if players got the pitchfork, I've stated it should have been in the game. I'm speaking more towards those who put money into this game who risked their money, it's like the leaks, the backers got angry over it because a promise was broken, when  promise is broken you lose trust in that person or company. Reason why I'm saying if a new set of kills (Which was shown in the mocap) were to come out with the normal looking pitchfork that was shown in the old trailer I could see it not stepping on the backers and being truthful on their word. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×