ShiftySamurai

Friday the 13th: The Game - Jason Weapon Swapping & Keybinding

I hope the level requirement for this isn't too high. I'm only currently level 70 thanks to being busy with real life stuff and limited time content in other games.

On 2/16/2018 at 3:37 PM, pioneer67fkd said:

one wepon they should add is bonesaw for part 4

That’s the weapon I think part 4 should have had.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5061365

RIP Boneshaw(15th November 1952 - 20th May 2011.

He's Elbow droping people in heaven now.

• Like 3

Dont know if anyone suggested this already, but jason should be able to pick up different weapons.

I don't know if it was already mentioned but I hope they thought of updating part 6 Jason appearance when we'll equip him with the machete. It's probably just some nitpicking on my part but having him with a machete in hand and another one on his belt will look weird imo.

On a side note, anyone noticed that part 6 Jason have his knife on his belt in the intro and throughout the match but the knife is missing in the end sequence when he goes back to his shack? Just more nitpicking from me I guess.

On 2/15/2018 at 1:00 PM, ShiftySamurai said:

we’re happy to let players know that custom key-binding is on the way for our PC players.

Am I the only person to bring up keybinding in this thread? Anyway.....

Will we be able to use push to talk on the keyboard and also use a controller at the same time, or will one still cancel the other one out?

On 2/16/2018 at 6:33 PM, R.J MacReady said:

"I'm mad that I'm not allowed to buy the exclusive character so I'm going to argue that he shouldn't get any cool new features coming to the game"

Grow up dude.

A corporate shill, of all things, telling someone to grow up. Sure, scamp.

1 minute ago, Zentorno said:

A corporate shill, of all things, telling someone to grow up. Sure, scamp.

You missed out. Next time keep an eye out. 

Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

You missed out. Next time keep an eye out. 

Okay. I"ll quit my job, keep my PS4 on, stand by it 24/7 on the off chance an error on PSN happens, and it goes up for sale.

I've already heard all the shitty excuses from the corporate crotchhuggers, and that's all they are - shitty excuses

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:52 AM, WashingtonJones said:

Am I the only person to bring up keybinding in this thread? Anyway.....

Will we be able to use push to talk on the keyboard and also use a controller at the same time, or will one still cancel the other one out?

Noooo.... This can´t be a Thing...Oh man , that´s stupid.

1 minute ago, Zentorno said:

Okay. I"ll quit my job, keep my PS4 on, stand by it 24/7 on the off chance an error on PSN happens, and it goes up for sale.

I've already heard all the shitty excuses from the corporate crotchhuggers, and that's all they are - shitty excuses

Keep an eye on twitter, listen, you don't have to be at home 24/7. I mean you seem to be so pissed off that people who backed the game or got it through and error got the Jason but you didn't. There are a lot of companies that do that. You missed out on something so you can't get it. Just stop complaining about not having him and just focus on the game being fixed. 

It's over you missed your chance 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zentorno said:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Cant have your cake and eat it too.

How dare they make something for people who gave them money and not let me buy it! How dare they allow them to be able to weapon swap with that Jason! It's not right I tell you! 

9Qsaevl.gif?noredirect

33 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Keep an eye on twitter, listen, you don't have to be at home 24/7. I mean you seem to be so pissed off that people who backed the game or got it through and error got the Jason but you didn't. There are a lot of companies that do that. You missed out on something so you can't get it. Just stop complaining about not having him and just focus on the game being fixed. 

It's over you missed your chance 

giphy.gif

Pissed off nothing. Again, despite what the corporate crotchhuggers says, there's more than enough justification for the criticism. Not only is it withholding game content from the Friday the 13th community and promoting a sense of elitism among those assholes, we have already examples of other crowd funded games offer backer exclusive content without negativity from the backers after an exclusivity period and for a fee.

Shantae and the Shadowrun games for example. Moreover, what Jasons are we going to see once Uber Jason arrrives? They don't have the rights to do anything with remake Jason or the Jason from Freddy vs. Jason. So what then?

Moreover, even if the aforementioned corporate shills and the developers themselves won't admit to it, it would be a good business move for the game. What? Worried about 'integrity' and all that garbage? Well, you already have fans pissed off at the handling of the updates anyway. And fans pissed off at the connection issues we still have to put up with in this game. And somebody involved with the game selling codes on eBay for inflated prices. So they can get lost with the 'b-b-b-b-but we can't put out Savini Jason cuz muh integruhtee!' BS. It's already been lost for other reasons besides this paywall BS.

And lastly, this next bit is the stone cold truth, again, regardless of how much both the developers and the backers deny it - without all the filthy non-backers playing this game, your Kickstarter backed game would be a glorified drinking coaster with dead multiplayer. We are the ones that are keeping this game alive. Do you honestly think the amount of Savini backers alone would keep this games's online community alive? Hell no. Because according to the Kickstarter page, there are only 1,123 backers who did, and if you examine the higher tiers in addition to that, the number doesn't jump up that much higher. You seriously want to screw over the entire playerbase just for the sake of little over a couple thousand people? A couple thousand people isn't going to keep this game's online community alive period. And we all know that.

Not to mention even we received Savin Jason for purchase, we still wouldn't even be getting all the other stuff exclusive to non-backers. Would we be getting those digital wallpapers? No. Those digital soundtracks? No. Those digital download keys? No, because we already had to buy the game ourselves. That exclusive beta test? No. That exclusive in game special thanks? No. The digital art book? No. And the list goes on and on.

So don't sit there acting like the backers would just completely lose EVERYTHING if Savini Jason was made available for purchase.

17 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

How dare they make something for people who gave them money and not let me buy it! How dare they allow them to be able to weapon swap with that Jason! It's not right I tell you! 

9Qsaevl.gif?noredirect

Again, that excuse has no credibility because we have seen other Kickstarter funded games do this after an exclusivity period and for a fee and with no flak from backers. They could have gone the Shantae route and offered it in a full priced retail edition for example. But do keep on spamming variations of 'waa the backers!'

This game cannot be all about the backers. It cannot continue to thrive if we chain everything down to just the backers. And it would be a dead game if everything was all about only the backers. You know it. I know it. The developers themselves know it (even if they don't want to publicly admit it). And everybody else knows it.

8 minutes ago, Zentorno said:

Again, that excuse has no credibility because we have seen other Kickstarter funded games do this after an exclusivity period and for a fee and with no flak from backers.

If Savini Jason is available for everyone , almost anyone would Play the same Jason (even if it costs Money and they´d never do something unfair only to pay Money. You know how everyone who doesn´t have him , would be running around screaming : Pay to win bastard! Rather just make Uber-Jason just as strong.

Savini Jason isn't part of this topic.

• Like 1

Is Sissy Jason part of this topic? ?

d10005c41cf7dcd7caff0257bec7a3bb2f648d77

12 minutes ago, Zentorno said:

Pissed off nothing. Again, despite what the corporate crotchhuggers says, there's more than enough justification for the criticism. Not only is it withholding game content from the Friday the 13th community and promoting a sense of elitism among those assholes, we have already examples of other crowd funded games after backer exclusive content without negativity from the backers after an exclusivity period and for a fee.

Shantae and the Shadowrun games for example. Moreover, what Jasons are we going to see once Uber Jason arrrives? They don't have the rights to do anything with remake Jason or the Jason from Freddy vs. Jason. So what then?

Moreover, even if the aforementioned corporate shills and the developers themselves won't admit to it, it would be a good business move for the game. What? Worried about 'integrity' and all that garbage? Well, you already have fans pissed off at the handling of the updates anyway. And fans pissed off at the connection issues we still have to put up with in this game. And somebody involved with the game selling codes on eBay for inflated prices. So they can get lost with the 'b-b-b-b-but we can't put out Savini Jason cuz muh integruhtee!' BS. It's already been lost for other reasons besides this paywall BS.

And lastly, this next bit is the stone cold truth, again, regardless of how much both the developers and the backers deny it - without all the filthy non-backers playing this game, your Kickstarter backed game would be a glorified drinking coaster with dead multiplayer. We are the ones that are keeping this game alive. Do you honestly think the amount of Savini backers alone would keep this games's online community alive? Hell no. Because according to the Kickstarter page, there are only 1,123 backers who did, and if you examine the higher tiers in addition to that, the number doesn't jump up that much higher You seriously want to screw over the entire playerbase just for the sake of little over a couple thousand people? A couple thousand people isn't going to keep this game's online community alive period. And we all know that.

Not to mention even we received Savin Jason for purchase, we still wouldn't even be getting all the other stuff exclusive to non-backers. Would we be getting those digital wallpapers? No. Those digital soundtracks? No. Those digital download keys? No, because we already had to buy the game ourselves. That exclusive beta test? No. That exclusive in game special thanks? No. The digital art book? No. And the list goes on and on.

So don't sit there acting like the backers would just completely lose EVERYTHING if Savini Jason was made available for purchase.

Again, that excuse has no credibility because we have seen other Kickstarter funded games do this after an exclusivity period and for a fee and with no flak from backers. They could have gone the Shantae route and offered it in a full priced retail edition for example. But do keep on spamming variations of 'waa the backers!'

This game cannot be all about the backers. It cannot continue to thrive if we chain everything down to just the backers. And it would be a dead game if everything was all about only the backers. You know it. I know it. The developers themselves know it (even if they don't want to publicly admit it). And everybody else knows it.

Guess you missed out on alot of sales and video game content from exclusive  items for backers only. There is still so much that backers got that you did not get. I pointed out before and you never once said anything about it, what about the clothings? What about the metal case? These are items held back from people! No it's Savini you want. Now to the topic at hand. Stop complaining and move on. You missed out, better luck next time 

Also ever heard of making new Jasons? Playing that new puzzle game you can see so many ideas for what Jason can look like! So your just after something you don't have. 

2 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Guess you missed out on alot of sales and video game content from exclusive  items for backers only. There is still so much that backers got that you did not get. I pointed out before and you never once said anything about it, what about the clothings? What about the metal case? These are items held back from people! No it's Savini you want. Now to the topic at hand. Stop complaining and move on. You missed out, better luck next time 

That's the point I already acknowledged above. Even with Savini Jason available for purchase, there would still be plenty of backer exclusive stuff we wouldn't be getting. So the people trying to argue that Savini alone would just cause backers to lose everything they back for and render everything meaningless can put a sock in it.