ShiftySamurai

Friday the 13th: The Game - Jason Weapon Swapping & Keybinding

Hello, slashers! Today we wanted to show you something that will be important to our fans who prefer to play as Jason. In the next update, and when you reach a sufficient progression level, you will be able to switch Jason’s weapon. Jason Part VII with a machete? Sure. Roy with a pig splitter? Go for it.

Everyone on the Friday the 13th: The Game team is excited to see the community start experimenting with different Jason & Weapon combinations! 

With Jason being able to switch up his arsenal, we’re happy to let players know that custom key-binding is on the way for our PC players. We know that this is something that you have wanted for a while now, and our left-handed players have certainly been asking us about, and we’re happy to implement this highly requested feature.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 19

Just now, TheButtonMasher said:

Holy shit I’m first. Hope my parents are proud.

really dude?

Anyways THIS IS AMAZING OMG LIKE OMG THIS TOOK SO LONG BUT ITS WORTH IT!

7 minutes ago, FlameRiderSD said:

really dude?

Yeah I really was first hard to believe I know like wow.

Oh yeah and this is awesome thanks devs.

• Like 1

When the announcement is about Jason weapons and not the Mean Girl...

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Yes!!! Finally!!!! Between this and the single player challenge video I’m getting REALLY excited about things to come, keep it up guys!

• Like 2

About time. Everyone's only been asking for this since launch. One was in the game before launch and removed and the other oddly absent. Well, those kill packs might be worth it soon. 

These are much needed and awaited additions.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

Ooo! Keybinding too?!

But not until engine update. So, a year after launch 😂

• Haha 1

Awesome!  So when you say "next update" is this the server update patch in April/May I assume?  Or are we going to see something earlier?  Thanks for this either way, this is a GREAT couple of changes.

2 minutes ago, Moe9999633 said:

Will I be able to put other weapons on Savini?

I would believe so.

They also confirmed custom keybinding for PC, which is great. FINALLY!

You get a machete, and you get a machete, and you get a machete! Everybody gets a machete!

It's funny because this was, well, not like the #1 request but it was always one bubbling around all this time yet it'd gone under my radar by this point in favour of bigger things. Glad they still kept it in mind and are going to implement this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

YES!!

Things are headed in a great direction. I'm really glad to see this fantastic game smoothing out and reaching the point where you can start to tinker with these sorts of things, and address some of those obvious desires (keybinding!).

Looking forward to it........ 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moe9999633 said:

Will I be able to put other weapons on Savini?

Savini Jason will be able to swap out the pitchfork for other weapons, but other Jasons will not be able to equip the pitchfork

• Like 5
  • Thanks 9
  • Sad 7

14 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Hello, slashers! Today we wanted to show you something that will be important to our fans who prefer to play as Jason. In the next update, and when you reach a sufficient progression level, you will be able to switch Jason’s weapon. Jason Part VII with a machete? Sure. Roy with a pig splitter? Go for it.

Everyone on the Friday the 13th: The Game team is excited to see the community start experimenting with different Jason & Weapon combinations! 

With Jason being able to switch up his arsenal, we’re happy to let players know that custom key-binding is on the way for our PC players. We know that this is something that you have wanted for a while now, and our left-handed players have certainly been asking us about, and we’re happy to implement this highly requested feature.

Are we going to be able to swap weapons for Savini Jason? Pig Splitter, Pick axe, machete?

I NEVER thought they'd do it!

The question is, will it simply be swapping the models or will each weapon have balance tweaks for each Jason? I imagine the Machete with a +Destruction Jason would be really powerful because it has the fastest destruction animation. Running with a spear would be strong too.

I saw in the video part 2 wielding the spear but it's the cemetery fence post. The part 2 spear was created and seen in the pre-beta footage. So this must mean that the pitchfork MAY POSSIBLY not be included in weapon swapping. They created a farm pitchfork but we didn't see that in any of the kills shown in the video, so they might not include that.

What I hope is that non-Savinis can use the farm pitchfork while Savini gets the demonic one. I would really love if Savini's weapons get demonic makeovers like they're glowing red hot or some cool shit like that. I'd really love for the part 2 spear to be included as a skin for the spear.

1 minute ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Savini Jason will be able to swap out the pitchfork for other weapons, but other Jasons will not be able to equip the pitchfork

Why not? I understand not equipping the DEMONIC pitchfork, but what about the FARM pitchfork? That model was created and seen in the pre-beta footage. Surely it would be quite easy to make non-Savinis wield a normal pitchfork while he gets the cool one.

• Like 5