King Darius

Offline mode , Playing as a counselor

Im pretty sure that you all tried this offline mode after facing some connection errors , or hosts who immediately left the game after being grabbed by jason .
you will find this mode enjoyable sometimes and want to spend some time on it before you enter online mode again and play with others , but the point is AI is totally dead in this mode , you can kill them all in less than 4 mins in hard mode .

they keep going in or out throw the windows or playing with doors by locking or unlocking them or sometimes standing in a place and getting hit to death which is no fun at all maybe someone find this mode a good way for farming exp but it will become boring after 2-3 rounds .

im sure its more fun to play as counselor in offline mode running around finding parts , trying to kill jason or maybe kill cpl of AI mates with car without being worried of losing exp and have fun instead of teleporting in front of some dead AI and kill him with 2 hits and finish the game in less than 4 mins .

what do you guys think about it ?

I think it would be interesting and a new mode to try. I doubt I would play with 6 other retarded counselors that don't help. I'm sure the Jason would be just as mediocre. 

Not trying to be rude here, but can you use punctuation? Maybe a capital letter here or there. It's like trying to read Requiem for a Dream.

• Like 1

I would so pee myself when Jason is stuck opening doors over and over again while I demask him with a machete. Pee myself laughing.

Offline bots are a fun timewaste after being frustrated by connectivity issues or toxic players. Bots are pretty much dumb as wet toast, though. And the chances of getting a Jason AI on par with Alien Isolation's Alien are slim to none. 

5 minutes ago, Thor_Bjarnason said:

I would so pee myself when Jason is stuck opening doors over and over again while I demask him with a machete. Pee myself laughing.

Offline bots are a fun timewaste after being frustrated by connectivity issues or toxic players. Bots are pretty much dumb as wet toast, though. And the chances of getting a Jason AI on par with Alien Isolation's Alien are slim to none. 

Lols

30 minutes ago, Thor_Bjarnason said:

Ok have like five Jason bots...one of them might get you hehe. While we are at it lets have fourteen counselors for offline mode. Could be one cheesy way to increase the difficulty.

1 hour ago, JED said:

Ok have like five Jason bots...one of them might get you hehe. While we are at it lets have fourteen counselors for offline mode. Could be one cheesy way to increase the difficulty.

dude my whole post wasnt about increasing the difficulty , it was just about playing as a counselor . 
the online experience at the moment is frustrating enough with connection issues and the offline mode with some dead AI is not helping either , so bringing counselors as playable characters in offline mode is kind of cool and fit for chilling . 

i like how others trolling around and laughing at this idea 

1 hour ago, JED said:

fourteen counselors for offline mode.

I wouldn't mind that. Hell, I'd throw 100 in if I could and just see how many I could kill. Sounds like fun to me.

When they first put the offline bots mode in the game, I was hoping you'd be able to choose between playing as Jason or a counselor, but of course that wasn't the case unfortunately. I'm all for being able to play as a counselor in offline bots mode. I think a good alternative to voice chat, since you'd be playing with ai bots, would be to use the communication emotes.

Have the developers ever mentioned if there would be an offline mode where we could play as counselors?  Playing as Jason is fun, but I really think it would extend the life of the game if there was some sort of offline multiplayer mode where you could play as counselors against an AI Jason

20 minutes ago, j3o1e1 said:

Have the developers ever mentioned if there would be an offline mode where we could play as counselors?  Playing as Jason is fun, but I really think it would extend the life of the game if there was some sort of offline multiplayer mode where you could play as counselors against an AI Jason

They mention a sandbox mode once. An idea where you play as counselor and just explore all the maps. That was it.

26 minutes ago, j3o1e1 said:

They said no they said it wouldnt be scary having a jason walking into walls.

29 minutes ago, j3o1e1 said:

They've answered this question and have come back with a firm no. They have said that an AI Jason would be too difficult to build and expensive. I doubt we'll ever get it. I mean after all it's not like the current bots are even a little intelligent. The latest patch notes say improvements to bot AI has been done but the only thing I've seen fixed is Tommy doesn't get into the drawer loop and they don't swim in circles as much. But he does now get into the door loop. Other than that nothing has seemed to change. Still wipe the floor with them within 4-5 minutes.

46 minutes ago, undrtkr said:

They've answered this question and have come back with a firm no. They have said that an AI Jason would be too difficult to build and expensive. I doubt we'll ever get it. I mean after all it's not like the current bots are even a little intelligent. The latest patch notes say improvements to bot AI has been done but the only thing I've seen fixed is Tommy doesn't get into the drawer loop and they don't swim in circles as much. But he does now get into the door loop. Other than that nothing has seemed to change. Still wipe the floor with them within 4-5 minutes.

Difficult and expensive ? i really like this game and i dont wanna be rude about it but how long they think this game can live with its current situation ? i dont wanna talk about pc but this game is dying on consoles specially ps4 bcuz of connection issues .

the only way to keep it alive is to add a decent offline mode and we all know that current offline is also dead as hell , i mean they keep saying improvements to AI bots but its just a big lie .

the company not caring about console problems at all , they promised us a decent campaign on summer and at the end they gave us a dead offline mode in winter , its amazing how the company keep refusing to solve the probs and work on the game to make it decent . 

they saying its expensive ? well they can stop working on some part 1-1000 jasons and instead work on some probs and offline AI .

whats the point of keep adding new jasons into the game when you know a jason who can run will probably kill you at the end cuz you will run out of stamina . 

the game sold almost 2 mil copies , according to IGN and gamespot so whats the prob with adding a decent offline mode that players can actually enjoy the game without getting mad or angry .bcuz of trollers and poor servers ?

let me finish my coversation by saying this , there is literally no improvements to the game what so ever from the release i mean yeah they added some bikini stuff if that includes " improvements " , servers are terrible on both ps4 and x-box . 
even after almost 1 year from the release the face that counselors make after getting scared is still the same from the DEMO VERSION for god sake 

what happened to the money that they made from selling 2 mil copies ? cuz i cant see anything special from demo til now , if they not gonna spend it for their players even i really love this game , we cannot expect a long live for it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, undrtkr said:

I guess that makes sense...

Although even if Jason sucked it would still be fun to try to repair literally everything on the map while he was running into walls :)

• Like 1

Jason walking against the wall would be ridiculous

• Haha 1

Gun media have already said that programming a Jason AI would be "too hard". So it's probably not going too happen.

It's still a good idea tho.:)

7 hours ago, King Darius said:

Im pretty sure that you all tried this offline mode after facing some connection errors , or hosts who immediately left the game after being grabbed by jason .
you will find this mode enjoyable sometimes and want to spend some time on it before you enter online mode again and play with others , but the point is AI is totally dead in this mode , you can kill them all in less than 4 mins in hard mode .

they keep going in or out throw the windows or playing with doors by locking or unlocking them or sometimes standing in a place and getting hit to death which is no fun at all maybe someone find this mode a good way for farming exp but it will become boring after 2-3 rounds .

im sure its more fun to play as counselor in offline mode running around finding parts , trying to kill jason or maybe kill cpl of AI mates with car without being worried of losing exp and have fun instead of teleporting in front of some dead AI and kill him with 2 hits and finish the game in less than 4 mins .

what do you guys think about it ?

It would be fun bullying a Braindead Artificial Intelligence Jason, Bot. Honestly I feel like it would be too easy. 

I think devs should make some kind of story mode for counselors (I have a thread of that long time ago). Like, you play as one of the counselors. They arrive to the camp and you start doing tasks like counselors did in Part 1. Then when night arrives you and your friends are doing their stuff and you go to find someone (Like Vicky did when he try to find Mark) and then, you find one of your friends dead. You have to run to a cabin where someone is (if you fail Jason would kill you like he did in the forest of the Virtual Cabin). After you find someone you tell him and he go to find the others while you try to find a weapon. Something like that would be cool to see or make something like the single player challenges but being a counselor.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Truth said:

I wouldn't mind that. Hell, I'd throw 100 in if I could and just see how many I could kill. Sounds like fun to me.

I love this idea it be amazing to add that just to see how many a person could get in 20 minutes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, King Darius said:

dude my whole post wasnt about increasing the difficulty , it was just about playing as a counselor . 
the online experience at the moment is frustrating enough with connection issues and the offline mode with some dead AI is not helping either , so bringing counselors as playable characters in offline mode is kind of cool and fit for chilling . 

i like how others trolling around and laughing at this idea 

Well I think finding a way to increase the offline mode difficulty could help to keep it alive while they continue to work on the game. What I suggested sounds lame but really I wouldn't mind trying it hehe. I would think it would be easier to add more dumb bots then it would be to make better AI for them. Would also be nice to be able to pick which counselors (or Jason's;) you want to play against.