Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Earlier I was playing in a QP session with a full room. 4-5 appeared to know one another, which was cool, and usually means several matches without quits.

My problem started though when I realized that items like the fuse, the propeller and gas can couldn't be located. Upon looking at the map I see all 3 items located in the same location.......... Jarvis House.

Having already located and installed a battery, I chose to make my way towards the JH and ran across a walkie in a drawer. I pick it up and can now hear the other councilors talking about how Jason is gonna let them kill him, so now I'm figuring I got time. Jason isn't hunting.

I go to the JH and make my way upstairs trying to locate the gas. I get up there and find all the bedroom doors locked from the inside with nobody in them. Some asshole dropped the prop, the gas and the fucking fuse into different rooms, locked the doors and either quit or jumped from the second story windows, thus leaving the items trapped behind closed doors.

The group fucked up killing Jason, wasting the sweater & stun combo, so he kills everyone around him and I end up surviving with time running out as Jason looked for me.

This happened TWICE IN A ROW!! Same guys, Same circumstances.

I really REALLY hate some of the people that play this fucking game!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What they need to do is allow counselors to unlock doors from either side. Say that they all have "campground keys" on a key ring that they pull out of their pocket to unlock those doors. Either that or just remove locks on any dead-end room so they can't be locked.

The one downside to this is that POTENTIALLY Jason teamers could unlock doors for him, but they can already unlock cabin entrances so I think it would be a very small sacrifice to make to ensure items don't get locked away.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tend to play a legit game until I realize im going to be in for...

1. Item troll fest

2. Teamers

3. Lite teamers = Jason kills non friends first then goes after his friends

4. People looking to play a 20 minute time waster...I don't mind the hiding game, but if its just kiting a weak Jason or its a Jason/friends goofing off...I leave...I have no patience for that.

Private Match should be the friends only game, but I realize that's never gonna fly or happen. Course, that does not mean games with 8 total strangers are gonna be void of any of those above things. They are plenty of Jasons who like to fuck off because hey...even with Jason preference...they don't get to play him as often as they like. Especially post patch with the buffs to Jason and more people likely wanting to switch preference back to Jason instead of counselor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always felt like Tommy Jarvis should have a key, or a lock pick to unlock locked doors. Considering he came prepared with loads of equipment, it would only make sense. This is also an issue on the packanack lodge map, at that small building on the left side of the hill beside the main house. Admittedly, I've locked myself out of it once in the past, had to learn the hard way :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I agree I wish you wouldn't be able to lock dead end doors, it's kind of depressing when players do it although it happens rarely.

 

I was Jason once and someone had locked them in Jarvis House the players begged me to open the doors for them so I went ahead and opened the doors and teleported away to give them a chance.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

3. Lite teamers = Jason kills non friends first then goes after his friends

Is that really a problem though? As long as the counselor isn't giving Jason locations, I'm alright with it. My buddy is usually a dick about it, but sometimes he will just let me get some xp in because he knows I'm just going to let him kill me anyway. As long as they're not actively working against the other counselors, I don't see a problem. It's more so being nice to you friend.

37 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

Admittedly, I've locked myself out of it once in the past, had to learn the hard way :lol:

I did that once too. I didn't even think about it... This was also right after items were added on the map. I picked up the gas then heard Jason so I went back to my bat and hopped out. Luckily no one else saw my dumb ass do it and at least it was quick play. I would've felt really bad if I did that to my friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Earlier I was playing in a QP session with a full room. 4-5 appeared to know one another, which was cool, and usually means several matches without quits.

My problem started though when I realized that items like the fuse, the propeller and gas can couldn't be located. Upon looking at the map I see all 3 items located in the same location.......... Jarvis House.

Having already located and installed a battery, I chose to make my way towards the JH and ran across a walkie in a drawer. I pick it up and can now hear the other councilors talking about how Jason is gonna let them kill him, so now I'm figuring I got time. Jason isn't hunting.

I go to the JH and make my way upstairs trying to locate the gas. I get up there and find all the bedroom doors locked from the inside with nobody in them. Some asshole dropped the prop, the gas and the fucking fuse into different rooms, locked the doors and either quit or jumped from the second story windows, thus leaving the items trapped behind closed doors.

The group fucked up killing Jason, wasting the sweater & stun combo, so he kills everyone around him and I end up surviving with time running out as Jason looked for me.

This happened TWICE IN A ROW!! Same guys, Same circumstances.

I really REALLY hate some of the people that play this fucking game!! 

@ShiftySamurai - Could this trolling tool not easily be disabled by simply not allowing items to be dropped in rooms/cabins with windows inaccessible from the outside?

For example:

  • An item dropped in such a room or cabin will instantly populate outside the door, sort of like items appearing on shore when people escape with them
  • Alternatively, it could be made to where objective items simply cannot be dropped in these rooms. It you're carrying something and want to change it out, you have to drop it outside first. Also, items in drawers in this room cannot be replaced by items in inventory; the only way to grab something in a drawer is to have a free inventory slot

Would this be a simple enough solution for a growing problem? Interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

@ShiftySamurai - Could this trolling tool not easily be disabled by simply not allowing items to be dropped in rooms/cabins with windows inaccessible from the outside?

For example:

  • An item dropped in such a room or cabin will instantly populate outside the door, sort of like items appearing on shore when people escape with them
  • Alternatively, it could be mate to where objective items simply cannot be dropped in these rooms. It you're carrying something and want to change it out, you have to drop it outside first. Also, items in drawers in this room cannot be replaced by items in inventory; the only way to grab something in a drawer is to have a free inventory slot

Would this be a simple enough solution for a growing problem? Interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks.

I know a while back @[IllFonic]Courier said they were looking into it. I'm not sure what happened with that, but at least they know it's an issue. Then again, if they knew it was an issue, why did they make the same mistake on the Pinehurst map...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

Personally I think you should be able to shoot out the lock with a shotgun.:P

Well, that's great and all, but that still means you then have to either:

  • locate a free shotgun
  • convince someone to give you their shotgun
  • convince someone to use their shotgun to open the door

And remember: they just reduced the number of available shotguns, so that's starting to be a bit of a tall order. Don't think it would reduce trolling much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

@ShiftySamurai - Could this trolling tool not easily be disabled by simply not allowing items to be dropped in rooms/cabins with windows inaccessible from the outside?

For example:

  • An item dropped in such a room or cabin will instantly populate outside the door, sort of like items appearing on shore when people escape with them
  • Alternatively, it could be made to where objective items simply cannot be dropped in these rooms. It you're carrying something and want to change it out, you have to drop it outside first. Also, items in drawers in this room cannot be replaced by items in inventory; the only way to grab something in a drawer is to have a free inventory slot

Would this be a simple enough solution for a growing problem? Interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks.

I think a simpler solution to this is to make all interior doors non-lockable. All doors that act as a barrier to the outside should be lockable but "bedroom doors" should not be able to lock.

I says this because doors can be (and usually are) broken down by Jason anyway. Those types of doors are broken down in a few swings anyway. Locking a "bedroom door" (interior door) is just a temporary barrier for Jason looking to kill a trapped councilor, but it becomes a fucking bank vault for items when trolls get creative because councilors have no way to unlock from outside the room.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BrokenFattHardy said:

I think a simpler solution to this is to make all interior doors non-lockable. All doors that act as a barrier to the outside should be lockable but "bedroom doors" should not be able to lock.

I says this because doors can be (and usually are) broken down by Jason anyway. Locking a "bedroom door" (interior door) is just a temporary barrier for Jason looking to kill a trapped councilor, but it becomes a fucking bank vault for items when trolls get creative because councilors have no way to unlock from outside the room.

 

The problem with that is that there ARE small cabins with one door and only one window, which is elevated and inaccessible from outside. Making these doors unlockable gives you no little to no defense against Jason in close pursuit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Well, that's great and all, but that still means you then have to either:

  • locate a free shotgun
  • convince someone to give you their shotgun
  • convince someone to use their shotgun to open the door

And remember: they just reduced the number of available shotguns, so that's starting to be a bit of a tall order. Don't think it would reduce trolling much.

Well, I wasn't being 100% serious, but I still would like to be able to blast open a door with the shotgun. :) Personally, I don't even bother with Public matches anymore.  I've got enough friends that I can usually be in a good private lobby.  If not, then I'll do bots.  Public matches are just too much of a cesspool to bother with IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vaderspupil said:

Personally, I don't even bother with Public matches anymore.  I've got enough friends that I can usually be in a good private lobby.  If not, then I'll do bots.  Public matches are just too much of a cesspool to bother with IMO

I hear you, but I still QP. I actually prefer to play as a counselor over Jason, which isn't available offline. Wish they'd make a Jason bot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cokeyskunk said:

The problem with that is that there ARE small cabins with one door and only one window, which is elevated and inaccessible from outside. Making these doors unlockable gives you no little to no defense against Jason in close pursuit.

Single room cabins (like that small one in Packanack) have no interior door. They have one single door, which is an exterior door (separating the inside from the outside) therefore it should be able to be lockable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I hear you, but I still QP. I actually prefer to play as a counselor over Jason, which isn't available offline. Wish they'd make a Jason bot.

It would be nice.  I'd like to be able to practice driving in a non pressure packed situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BrokenFattHardy said:

Single room cabins (like that small one in Packanack) have no interior door. They have one single door, which is an exterior door (separating the inside from the outside) therefore it should be able to be lockable.

I think you're missing what I'm saying. There ARE cabins with ONE exterior door and ONE window -- and the window is INACCESSIBLE from the outside.

If you bring items into this cabin, lock the door behind you, then escape out the solitary window, then the items are no longer accessible to any counselors.

That's why I'm saying disabling locking interior doors wouldn't solve all the item-trolling problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I think you're missing what I'm saying. There ARE cabins with ONE exterior door and ONE window -- and the window is INACCESSIBLE from the outside.

If you bring items into this cabin, lock the door behind you, then escape out the solitary window, then the items are no longer accessible to any counselors.

That's why I'm saying disabling locking interior doors wouldn't solve all the item-trolling problems.

It would significantly cut down on it though. Other than that one Packanack cabin I can't recall any other cabins being one door with only one really high window for escape. How many other cabins do y'all know of that fit the same model as the small Packanack cabin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

It would significantly cut down on it though. Other than that one Packanack cabin I can't recall any other cabins being one door with only one really high window for escape. How many other cabins do y'all know of that fit the same model as the small Packanack cabin?

I'm pretty sure that's the only one. Either way though, being unable to lock interior doors would also mean you have less time to regen stamina in certain cases. I know I use those doors all the time to keep Jason at bay. It's even better when they just open it instead of breaking it down because you could just loop them then.

It IS a solution, but I don't think it's the right way to go. I like the idea of counselors just being able to unlock them from either side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Truth said:

It IS a solution, but I don't think it's the right way to go. I like the idea of counselors just being able to unlock them from either side.

I think I'd accept that solution over having to use a shotgun or have keys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...