DarkWolf7798

Weapon swings keep missing

Has anyone noticed how your attacks as a counselor keep missing Jason or even going right through him? It's REALLY frustrating to know that i should have stunned him with a bat but instead it phases right through him as if he were a ghost or something.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DarkWolf7798 said:

Has anyone noticed how your attacks as a counselor keep missing Jason or even going right through him? It's REALLY frustrating to know that i should have stunned him with a bat but instead it phases right through him as if he were a ghost or something.

It all comes down to timing. But yeah, the combat hit boxes is garbage in this game, so there’s that. Maybe it was lag? Cause sometimes when it’s laggy all my attacks whiff Jason. Also keep in mind if your weapon made contact with an object before it connected with Jason, then the hit will not register, it’s stupid I know but that’s just how it works. 

• Like 1

I'm aware of this, but it doesn't explain what I've been experiencing the last couple of days. My connection in those matches were fine. My weapon literally goes right through him.. yet I'm still getting chain stunned as Jason.. it doesn't make a lot of sense IMO

2 minutes ago, DarkWolf7798 said:

I'm aware of this, but it doesn't explain what I've been experiencing the last couple of days. My connection in those matches were fine. My weapon literally goes right through him.. yet I'm still getting chain stunned as Jason.. it doesn't make a lot of sense IMO

Sorry, I’m not sure what to tell you Bud. I’ve only experienced this issue with lag and bad Frame rate. What platform are you playing on? 

3 minutes ago, DarkWolf7798 said:

I play on PS4.

It probably is a simple answer,  it just doesn't feel right is what I'm getting at, thanks for the feedback.

No, problem! ;) 

From my experience my attacks usually miss when Jason bursts through the door in Rage mode and I stand behind the door with combat stance too close to the door.

I think it's a combination of weak hit box detection, timing and latency.  

If this is an issue that has been ongoing since last patch, that is you needing to work on your timing. Is the Jason just turning at the right point? What weapon is being used? Who are you swinging with?

Without any video, we can't see what is going wrong for you. 

If a counselor is crouching on level ground, or if they're stuck in a trap, or repeatedly swap weapons that are on the ground over and over quickly, Jason cannot hit them, aside from Part 6 and Savini with their long weapons because their weapon hitboxes are bigger and the vertical strike reaches closer to the ground. Everyone else absolutely cannot touch anyone that's crouching, be it horizontal or vertical attack. The counselor's hitbox should be taller when they are crouching, as well as making Jason's weapon hitbox slightly bigger for general hit registration improvement.

Relevant post & thread

Another relevant post

5 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Any recent examples? I used to be able to crouch in front of Jasons and their swings would miss. I tried it recently and it doesn't seem to work anymore. 

15 hours ago, DarkWolf7798 said:

It's just the games dogshit hit detection. I tested it with a friend in a private match recently and even with Jason stood still the weapons still phase right through him at some angles. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DrLeatherface said:

It's just the games dogshit hit detection. I tested it with a friend in a private match recently and even with Jason stood still the weapons still phase right through him at some angles. 

Exactly.

I know for certain it's not lag or me being shit at combat, it literally does nothing when i "hit" Jason

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stoney said:

I know exactly what you're talking about, I play on ps4 as well.

You're on PS4? What's yer gamertag, lady?  :D

I find it's Jason's weapon swings that miss most for me. They'll go right through counselors, meanwhile i've seen counselors hit and stun Jason while standing with their back to him.

2 hours ago, VoorheesPlease said:

I find it's Jason's weapon swings that miss most for me. They'll go right through counselors, meanwhile i've seen counselors hit and stun Jason while standing with their back to him.

Some of counselor attack animations, like the axe and bat, cover a wide arc. The very end of the horizontal attack animation can connect with and stun Jason if he's behind the counselor, because the weapon swings around to the back.