1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Ha, I never even thought about tagging them with a knife while they're doing the minigame instead of shifting right on top of them. That's pretty clever. 

Appreciate the sentiment.

It works if they are playing a dumber character and have a protector. Odds are that you'll be able to deal with the guy holding the bat before a Chad or Tiffany can knock out another minigame.

I completely agree with Kodiak's post on page 2. Throwing knives are also easy to dodge imo. I don't think any nerf is necessary.

Except the shift-grab of course, matches where you've done all sorts of objectives to survive while you've not seen Jason once... Maybe looking for car keys and then *POP hes right there grabbing you choke kill end... Not what id call exciting gameplay. Even then If I play Jason I set a personal rule to not shift grab at all unless someone deserves it. I can still get an 8/8 game no problem.

If anything it would make people play smarter, like hide in a house before people get in and grab them as they go through the window, sure it seems like bs but at least its fair and more killer accurate.I still hate games where all Jason does is rely 100% on shift grab and choke kill, I think everyone does to a degree.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BLOODYFISHTACO said:

I completely agree with Kodiak's post on page 2. Throwing knives are also easy to dodge imo. I don't think any nerf is necessary.

Except the shift-grab of course, matches where you've done all sorts of objectives to survive while you've not seen Jason once... Maybe looking for car keys and then *POP hes right there grabbing you choke kill end... Not what id call exciting gameplay. Even then If I play Jason I set a personal rule to not shift grab at all unless someone deserves it. I can still get an 8/8 game no problem.

If anything it would make people play smarter, like hide in a house before people get in and grab them as they go through the window, sure it seems like bs but at least its fair and more killer accurate.I still hate games where all Jason does is rely 100% on shift grab and choke kill, I think everyone does to a degree.

Sorry, but no shift grab is used by many and an important tool in Jason’s arsenal. Unless the devs come out and say it wasn’t intended, it’s gone; I don’t believe it should go anywhere. 

And you can’t fault all Jason players for the actions of the few that use head punch and choke with every grab kill. Head punch was my favorite kill straight out of the movies but so many people used it time and time again. I stopped using it ages ago because it lost its prestige so to speak. 

• Like 1

yea sadly I know... if I had anymore likes I would give you one. I feel the same about head punch, so many people are so headstrong about just winning instead of making the game an exciting and fun experience. Another good reason why I will never use an open window for a kill even if its a disadvantage.

1 hour ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Removing all throwing knives other than the ones with which Jason starts was a mind-mindbogglingly stupid idea, so I assumed your advocacy of it couldn't have possibly been in earnest. As you've confirmed my assumptions about your thinking to have been overly generous, I sincerely apologize for calling you a troll.

all throwing knives should be totally removed, you are so crazy

On 2/15/2018 at 6:41 PM, UlfKarl said:

all throwing knives should be totally removed, you are so crazy

Trolling for hate posts again? Don't you have a life? That doesn't include fucking with people just to be a dick?

Don't know how this conversation got onto shift grabbing, but smart counsellors will always be on the look out for it no matter what, especially if there are only a handful of players left and Jason has stalk. You can't defend a perfect stalk shift, but you can certainly keep yourself from being vulnerable as much as possible.

On 2/14/2018 at 8:19 PM, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Anyone feel like there are way too much throwing knives? I mean, I like the new buff to Jason but I feel like it was a litte bit unnecessary. Just like the increase of the speed of all Jasons. Is kinda annoying have a Jason with 12 knives and is even more annoying the fact that he doesn't stop until he left you injured and he kill you. Same with the speed, runner Jason are killing machines (I like that) But I think it's kinda unbalanced in some maps (Like Jarvis House or Pinehurst). What do you think about it? Im not against these changes I just wanted to share my thoughts and see what everybody think about it.

I like it! It adds that certain something to the chase. You better be ready for those knives! They are coming.

On 2/14/2018 at 10:49 PM, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

I was ok with the changes.  I was sick of seeing Jason getting bullied and it even started to get boring always escape.  But I think the amount of knives is insane.  I reached 16 knives just picking up ransoms knives that I found and even ignoring some of them. Jason was good without them and he still could kill a whole lobby. 

You can NEVER have too many throwing knives.  Between Medic, thick skin and chain stunning, Jason should get as many knives as he can.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2018 at 5:13 PM, Dr. Lecter said:

Removing all throwing knives other than the ones with which Jason starts was a mind-mindbogglingly stupid idea, so I assumed your advocacy of it couldn't have possibly been in earnest. As you've confirmed my assumptions about your thinking to have been overly generous, I sincerely apologize for calling you a troll.

No, you hit the nail on the head, this guy trolls for hate messages in just about every thread i see him in. He gets called on it fairly often.

• Like 1

If it seems like some Jason-players are a bit hostile... it's probably because we (at least some of us) are. If you want to know why that is, it has to do with the pussification Jason has suffered for the last few months. His traps got nerfed, his grab got nerfed (yes, I'm aware the Devs made a teeny tiny adjustment, but they should have left them the fuck alone to begin with), dropped parts now appear on the map, Tommy Jarvis spawns with a pocket knife and first-aid, and tons of other stupid shit (why can counselors still hit Jason through doors?) that still to this day swing the odds in the counselors direction.

Jason doesn't need less throwing knives. He doesn't need his Sense-toggle adjusted. He doesn't need to not be able to hit window-diving counselors with knives before they can dodge, and he doesn't need his stun durations shortened. All Jason needs is to be left the fuck alone.

Edit: He doesn't need his stun durations LENGTHENED, not shortened.

• Like 2

On the subject of knives, did you know you can hit counselors with them when you're facing the opposite direction? It takes a little practice but it's great for those counselors who play RAR with couches or tables. 

4 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Need knives for loopers

I agree.... Knives are a big help with loopers.... also a big help against Tommy and sweater girl. Also a huge help to walking or -shift Jasons. Quick throws are  great against players that use swift attacker. They are also a big help against mobs of battle Chads. But I still want to be able to hit someone in the boat with one.... just as a way of saying "Please come visit Camp Crystal Lake again next year!!"

Throwing knives take time to gather... if the counselors are working on objectives and actually trying to escape, Jason does not have the time to gather that many knives, or the cops get called, the boat gets away or cars get started early on.
   Sure the knives are there to be gathered and used, but they are hit and miss... against good counselor players that are paying attention, it will be often be a miss.... Against good counselors players that have med sprays, the time spent gathering them only counted towards forcing counselors to eat their med sprays. If people want throwing knives reduced, then let us consider balance and take away just as many med sprays from each map. The medic perk will still make it seem like there are plenty of med sprays, but Jason will have a hell of a time even finding a few knives... which as I said, are hit and miss anyway.... That does not seem like balance to me.

If someone doesn't like throwing knives, then they need to learn to be a difficult target as so many other players have already done. It takes what... 3 knives to put someone with thick skin into a limping state? Then they use a med spray and run away, 2 more knives to limping again.... and another med spray and they run away again. Another 2 to put them in a limping state again... and oh look!!... yet another med spray. How many misses would have been involved with this scenario?... We are already at 7 knives on one counselor without considering a miss and they are still running away. This little scenario happens to me often enough.... from both sides of play.

Knives are fine as they are now.... that being said, I am fine with the amount of med sprays as well... but in the same breath, it sure does seem like there are a lot of med sprays in any match, and med sprays never miss.

@HaHaTrumpWon I did not know you could hit counselors with knives when facing the opposite direction... With a quick throw I am guessing? I will try that next time I am in game. Thanks.

Knives are the most powerful weapon at Jason’s disposal, and unfortunately there aren’t nearly enough of them. The best use of them, and one which you can basically save all your knives for, is this - 

The only knife throwing which is viable against good players is close range, and long range. Mid range is rarely viable because it is so easy for counselors to dodge at that distance. While long range knives are cool, they don’t allow you to capitalise on the damage. So close range is best, especially when you consider its use in group combat -

Although this video only shows solo counselor, this technique I would only really use in group combat since you will need to block against a group of counselors surrounding you. Otherwise, it is more advantageous to simply throw a knife during a counselor’s swing start up without pre-emptively blocking at all, and thus denying them stamina off the block.

Realistically, knives are the only thing that can prevent a Jason kill against skilled counselors, since it is Jason’s only ranged attack and allows you to deal damage outside of sweater range. 

• Thanks 1

@Tommy86 Thanks for the videos. Am I understanding correctly, that they're being on the ground post window dive when you smash that window and still facing up is the key?

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

@Tommy86 Thanks for the videos. Am I understanding correctly, that they're being on the ground post window dive when you smash that window and still facing up is the key?

If they jump through a closed window, they seem to take damage immediately from the glass shattering. If they jump through a window that has already been smashed, the damage is not applied until they finish getting up and can move, so hitting them with a knife too early will cancel the window damage and only apply the knife damage as it takes them out of the animation. If the window hasn't been smashed yet, you can smash the window before they finish getting up to apply damage, as the damage is applied at the end, the game doesn't seem to check to see that the window was healthy or broken until they finish getting up. Just make sure you wait before throwing the knife so you can maximize the damage.

On 2/15/2018 at 2:52 AM, John Wick said:

No such thing as Jason being too strong, even if that were true, which it absolutely is not. Until little Deborah can swing a bat and not knock Jason the hell out, every, single, time, then Jason is absolutely not too strong. 

1. Strength has NOTHING to do with chance to stun. Everyone has an equal chance to stun Jason.
2. Jason will always get knocked down by every stun unless there is something blocking him from falling back, in which case he will turn his head to the side and stay standing.

If anything, the amount of throwing knifes should be increased. These are my favorite weapon in game. It's the only ranged attack Jason has.