Almost every match I play, I end up escaping part 3 Jason like 3 or 4 times in a row. It's just really odd how a bunch of people like him when there's part 2 with 7 traps and part 4 with awesome weapon strength and destruction.

• Like 1

Both P2 and P4 have -Shift, which is particularly crippling. P2's +Traps are simply not important if you have counselors who even halfway know what they're doing - Medic/Thickskin eat traps all day. P4's +Destruction is great early game, but once Rage kicks in it's much less valuable. P4 and P2's -WaterSpeed is annoying both for boat intercepts and for getting around water-heavy maps like Higgins, Jarvis, and Pinehurst. The combo of -Water and -Shift makes moving around these maps harder, especially for P4 who has normal Morph.

P3 is still the perfect answer to the current counselor balance: +WeaponStrength for slashing, Running Jason, and normal Traps, Morph, Shift, and Waterspeed. I main P4 because I can generally score a significant number of early game kills, have learned how to work around -Shift for the car, don't rely on traps much, and often encounter kill-focused groups in QP. P3 is easy mode/for dealing with a lobby of good objective-focused counselors.

• Like 5

I don't see Part 3 much unless its Retro. Even that has cooled off. They announced he was gonna be his own thing months ago...but priorities I guess?

I've seen a ton of Roy, Part 8 and Part 6.

After that. Its a healthy dose of 2, 3, 4 and 9. Occasionally Savini.

Part 7 of course is on its own island. Apparently the recent buffs is about the extent what they think is needed.

Which if true, is a shame.

Because Part 3 is awesome. He is the most well rounded balanced Jason. I'm a level 150 player and always main as him. If you are always escaping from him then it's inexperienced players you're going up against. Not a fault with Jason.

• Like 1

Slasher ! you need at least 2-3 hits with the weapon for a kill

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, prodigy said:

Slasher ! you need at least 2-3 hits with the weapon for a kill

yeah, when i see it’s part 3 i just assume they are going to be a slasher jason. just too easy.

Part 3 is a strong, well-balanced Jason. Just like with any other Jason, if you are escaping regularly, it is because a]you are in a decent lobby of counselors, b] you are able to lone-wolf pretty well, or c] the Jason is inexperienced, or maybe having a bad match. If you are lucky enough to get into a match with counselors willing to communicate and work toward objectives, you stand a better chance of surviving or even killing Jason. If you have honed your skills in lone-wolfing out of necessity (as I, unfortunately have), your chances of escaping are pretty good. If it is a new player that is inexperienced at playing Jason, they will more than likely be a little overwhelmed, and, again, you have a good chance to make it through a match.

I'm not going to get into an "is so and so Jason useless" because I do not believe that any of them are. I've had great rounds at part VII, and shitty matches with some of the "power" skins. It really all boils down to skill, choices you make in-game, and the aptitude of the other people in the game. There are no absolutes.

• Like 2

Because he’s an all around good Jason. And the first one you get. So it’s probably a lot of new players since the holidays. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rexfellis said:

. It really all boils down to skill, choices you make in-game, and the aptitude of the other people in the game. There are no absolutes.

This sums it all up, a great way to put it. 

It's all about how you play the game. Anyone can be a force to be reckoned with, using any Jason, if they know how to utilize the strengths and weaknesses of each one. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

Part 3 is a strong, well-balanced Jason. Just like with any other Jason, if you are escaping regularly, it is because a]you are in a decent lobby of counselors, b] you are able to lone-wolf pretty well, or c] the Jason is inexperienced, or maybe having a bad match. If you are lucky enough to get into a match with counselors willing to communicate and work toward objectives, you stand a better chance of surviving or even killing Jason. If you have honed your skills in lone-wolfing out of necessity (as I, unfortunately have), your chances of escaping are pretty good. If it is a new player that is inexperienced at playing Jason, they will more than likely be a little overwhelmed, and, again, you have a good chance to make it through a match.

I'm not going to get into an "is so and so Jason useless" because I do not believe that any of them are. I've had great rounds at part VII, and shitty matches with some of the "power" skins. It really all boils down to skill, choices you make in-game, and the aptitude of the other people in the game. There are no absolutes.

Well said. Also don't forget D) RNG benefited counselors and hurt Jason. People found objective items early on before Jason could set up defenses and have all of his abilities.

I do agree though, I have had wiped with part 7(albeit one or 2) and had 2/8 with "Savini" and other people like. I honestly typically do rather well with part 3. He has balanced shift and morph, but can still run. Weapon damage helps.  He was great during the Slasher Era of the game. He keeps chases close and can keep pressure.

• Like 1

I'm level 103 and I main part 3 as well because of how balanced he is, as outlined above. but more importantly I'm a very aesthetic player and believe that J3 is one of the better looking Jasons. I don't care how good or bad part 9 plays i wont use him because I don't like how he looks, still glad he is in the game as a Friday fan though.

• Like 1

3 is my main guy. His absolute only downside is his destruction rating. If he could get through those doors as fast as 4/8 he'd be damn near inescapable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Doodlydoot said:

Almost every match I play, I end up escaping part 3 Jason like 3 or 4 times in a row. It's just really odd how a bunch of people like him when there's part 2 with 7 traps and part 4 with awesome weapon strength and destruction.

I only ever see 1 or 2 Jason's in the lobby that aren't Roy so I don't think part 3 is all that popular.

• Like 1

The longer you play this game the more you'll start to realize that the real differences between the Jasons are marginal.

Whether I'm successful or not has little to do with what Jason I choose (or chosen for me, I play random)

It all comes down to personal preference and placebo effect.

• Like 3

part 3 is a good balanced Jason, he can hurt someone badly with only 2 slashes, his shift is better than other running Jasons

I don't play Jason too often, but when I do I try to choose a running Jason because it fits my early game play style much better than post-part 6.

I don't know if it's nooby, but that's just me :)

As it’s been said before, Part 3 is one of the most well rounded Jason’s in the game. He’s easy to use and is great for beginners. 

He’s definitely in the top 3, and is the best running Jason IMO.

6 hours ago, Dr. Doodlydoot said:

J3 is very popular because: 

1. He’s unlocked at level 0

2. He’s a pretty good all around Jason and

3. He’s a good choice to SLASH all of the pesky dancing Counselors you'll encounter ;) 

• Like 1

I have always hated part 3's look and kills (I have never played in an online game with him). If I join a lobby with mostly part 3 Jason's, I will usually quit.  

9 hours ago, IronKnight55 said:

I have always hated part 3's look and kills (I have never played in an online game with him). If I join a lobby with mostly part 3 Jason's, I will usually quit.  

Even Retro?  I know that's why I use him...;

What platform do you play on, OP?  I am on Xbox and Part 3 is not popular- especially since Roy is out.  Also, I play Private Matches so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.  

I go with 2,3,4. Depending on who I'm up against, I have some friends who can clear the Camp with any of them. Hell, @pioneer67fkd plays 7 real good.  @Vaderspupil plays 9 like a champ. So, I've seen all Jasons be dominant. Also, go 0 for as well. Everyone has good, and bad games. But part 3 J is pretty well balanced, and available immediately.

• Thanks 2

His only real drawback is his slow door breaking. You can speed it up with combat stance but so can destruction perk Jasons.

If you are around clusters of cabins you can make him work for the kill.

Other then that, none of his weaknesses matter that much.