Sign in to follow this  
Suhrman

Show on loading screen if there are any Tommy or Pamela tapes to be found on map

So a few friends and I were thinking it would be cool if on loading screen or even overall map (like when you hit to view it) if it would just say that there were any or not while checking drawers. So like if there were 0 Pamela tapes but 1 Tommy tape then maybe show on the corner of the map 0 Pamela tapes 1 Tommy tape and then those searching know if there will be one or not in the map and maybe it'll change to 0 when someone finds it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Raskkii said:

And so people would quit everytime there are no tapes left? No thanks.

I agree. I see no benefit to giving any kind of map inventory during the loading screen. First reason is, there is no way the counselors would know this. Secondly, the frequent quitters do not need any more reasons to leave matches.

2 hours ago, Raskkii said:

And so people would quit everytime there are no tapes left? No thanks.

Yeah...that would be my biggest concern.

One of those things where the thought is nice (I need a ton more tapes!), but I fear the human element would work against it too often. Very much like the team killing that used to happen in Quick Play.

I agree people would leave. However this would quickly stop as they would all find the tapes so one less reason to quit. Or if knowing was the function of a perk, that you can only equip while you still need tapes. It would be useful as it would prevent anyone with all the tapes the knowledge that there are tapes and if you have all the tapes then you simply can't pick up new ones you find. It's probably easier just to not do all that work though.

I disagree. I think most are playing to either play for fun, earn trophies and or earn badges and also level up. My whole idea for the Pamela and Tommy tapes was so if while you're doing that if you see there are none in the map you can feel more at ease instead of worrying if someone else will find it first or if you and a friend are boosting in private matches and rotating as who is jason and who is the counselor it would tell you if there was any reason to waste 10 minutes searching all the houses/drawers. I mean I've done everything else except for the 1000 matches as Jason (have less than 200 to go after almost a year of playing the game) so it would be nice to not have to play a ton of matches searching just to find my last 7 Tommy tapes.

I get what you guys are saying so if nothing else I'd say at least in private matches show up for those who are just trying to find tapes. 

I have all of the Pamela tapes, but only 1 Tommy tape. If I see a Pamela tape, I let those that can hear me on the walky talky where it can be found. I will do the same after I find all the Tommy tapes. So far, no one has even acknowledged they even hear me. I do have issues with my mic, but that only seems to happen when playing with friends. I will keep trying though.
   I have noticed that I seem to find a Pamela tape at least once every two days, far more common than before I got them all or just my crappy luck. Try searching through cabins that were already looted as well, you would be amazed how often people miss a drawer with a tape, knife, med spray or keys. I found many tapes this way (and other stuff too).