Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted on Steam by me: http://steamcommunity.com/app/438740/discussions/0/1700542332341268583/

 

Hello everyone! I just thought of two new Jason ideas that I thought would be pretty neat. One of them would add a gameplay change to him.

 

So the first idea is pretty basic, in fact, it might have already been said on the forums, but I thought it would be cool if Jason had his own emotes, they'd have to be realistic towards his character and I have a couple ideas:

 

Crack Neck - Cracks your own neck.

 

Rainy Day - Takes your weapon and flicks it to get blood off.

 

Kneel - Uses the same animation for when Tommy knocks him down. Does not kill Jason though and can stay in this state for as long as you want.

 

Time Out - Does not work with Part 2 or Part 5 (Roy Burns), but Jason raises his hockey mask up to show his disfigured face (like the scene from Part 3 after he's hanged).

 

My only son... - Part 5 (Roy Burns) only, Roy takes out his wallet with his sons picture and cries for his son.

 

Hallucination - Only works in water, but Part 1 Kid Jason or Part 3 Undead Pamela rises up to the water for a few seconds and goes back down. Was also thinking about Jason to have the choice of using Regular Jason, Part 1 Kid Jason or Part 3 Undead Pamela for rocking the boat and drowning people. At least Part 1 Jason would be nice though because he actually has a model.

 

Above Water - Only works in water, Rises up in the water for a few seconds only to go back down.

 

List your own emote ideas if you want to too lol

 

The other idea I have is a Gameplay Change...

 

Basically, if you guys remember, Jason, Pamela, Roy, all of them liked to move bodies after they killed them. I was wondering what everyone would think if we could like, let's say, press E near a dead body to pick them up and then your abilities would be changed to 4 different pictures of what you can do with the bodies. It'll be like how you can choose kills too with what you do with the bodies. Also, you don't have to carry bodies to your intended place as I imagine it would take too long with slow-moving Jason, although to balance this, let's just say that once you move a body, there is no way for you to move it again.

 

To move the body though, you press what you want to do with the body and the map pops up like how it would for morph and you get the red dot, well wherever you put the red dot is where it'll put the body (more or less, wherever the closest place you can put the body it'll place)

 

So here's a couple ideas I have for what you can pick for moving the bodies.

 

Crispy Hangings - Does the Crispin Glover Nail Hanging onto a door bit which can block the door, Survivors can remove the body though to get through, but they will have to do a skillcheck (higher composure allows you to get rid of it easier). If Jason is also blocked by the body, he can just rip the body off the door like in the movie. He cannot place it back on the door though. (Needs arms and legs still)

 

Weekend At Bernie's - places the body in a nearby chair.

 

Shelly's Pass - Places a body in a closet that when opened, the opener gets immediately spooked when the body flies out.

 

Hanging Tree - A body is hanged by a tree. (Needs Head still)

 

Upside-Down Hanging Tree - A body is up in a tree until someone goes closer in which it fall upside down and spooks them. (Like in Part 3 with Loco).

 

Nailed - A body is nailed in the throat against a tree (Like in Part 5). (Needs Head still)

 

Like Mother, Like Son - A body is nailed against a door with arrows (Like Bill's death in Part 1).

 

Bedsheet Hanged - A body is against the wall with bedsheets holding them. (Like in Part 2).

 

Stowaway - A body is placed in the boat which must be skillchecked in order to be removed. (Higher Composure and Higher Strength will come in handy).

 

Those are all the ideas I have for what you can do with bodies, list your own too if you have any :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


   Great ideas. 
    How about Jason picking up and tossing a victims head in place of a throwing knife, but cannot grab until he throws it? You also forgot to add your idea of replacing Jason in the drowning kill with kid Jason or zombie Pamela.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ahab said:


   Great ideas. 
    How about Jason picking up and tossing a victims head in place of a throwing knife, but cannot grab until he throws it? You also forgot to add your idea of replacing Jason in the drowning kill with kid Jason or zombie Pamela.

If Jason could grab and throw severed heads, I think it would be you'd walk up and press the activate button and he'll bend over and grab it, then when you press grab he'll simply do the same grab animation to throw the head and cause a jump scare to anyone near it. Then he could grab again. But that would only work once and then you can't pick up the head any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ahab said:


   Great ideas. 
    How about Jason picking up and tossing a victims head in place of a throwing knife, but cannot grab until he throws it? You also forgot to add your idea of replacing Jason in the drowning kill with kid Jason or zombie Pamela.

I would not mind that actually if you were allowed to do that. I'm thinking you can throw it just like how the pocketknives are (with some more weight mind you). Maybe you can only collect heads though if you hold E on a dead body or had used a kill like Head Punch, Head Chop, Decapitate, etc. Then you can switch between pocketknives and heads with Q (or H for head, whichever is more easy). Throwing the victims head at someone will cause a living counselour to be instafeared unless they have higher composure. Also, Hi Ahab :) 

34 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

If Jason could grab and throw severed heads, I think it would be you'd walk up and press the activate button and he'll bend over and grab it, then when you press grab he'll simply do the same grab animation to throw the head and cause a jump scare to anyone near it. Then he could grab again. But that would only work once and then you can't pick up the head any more.

Agreed, it would probably be OP if he could just keep throwing heads to instafear counselours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spongebob The Hedgehog said:

Agreed, it would probably be OP if he could just keep throwing heads to instafear counselours.

You know what, I take it back. This would actually be OP regardless if it's only once, because every Jason would equip a decap move so they could throw heads at people over and over again. Equip head punch or any of the weapon decap moves, decap the first player, scare another, decap the next, rinse and repeat. On paper it sounds cool but it would be way too OP. It would instantly become the next Jason meta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

You know what, I take it back. This would actually be OP regardless if it's only once, because every Jason would equip a decap move so they could throw heads at people over and over again. Equip head punch or any of the weapon decap moves, decap the first player, scare another, decap the next, rinse and repeat. On paper it sounds cool but it would be way too OP. It would instantly become the next Jason meta.

True, but it would make counselors like Jenny and other high composure characters more valuable. Plus the Jason could miss throwing the head in which I'm thinking if the Jason misses, it only frightens the player a little. I would hope that players would not at least equip the Head Punch if they were planning on throwing heads and equip only one decap kill (preferable from the weapon kills), but I cannot force them to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Spongebob The Hedgehog said:

True, but it would make counselors like Jenny and other high composure characters more valuable. Plus the Jason could miss throwing the head in which I'm thinking if the Jason misses, it only frightens the player a little. I would hope that players would not at least equip the Head Punch if they were planning on throwing heads and equip only one decap kill (preferable from the weapon kills), but I cannot force them to do that.

I disagree. It would ensure Jason would never lose track of anyone from their high fear. It would be too strong. Stealth characters would be less valuable because it would negate their stealthiness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I disagree. It would ensure Jason would never lose track of anyone from their high fear. It would be too strong. Stealth characters would be less valuable because it would negate their stealthiness.

You have a point, but still... think about it though, Jason only has 6 heads (7 if you count Tommy) to be able to throw at once and can only hit one target at a time with it to instafear someone. Jason has to land that shot and if he misses (which he might because like I said before, throwing a head would have more weight than throwing knives) he doesn't get another shot. Now while I say this, the counselor will probably be running and juking him making aim even way more harder for Jason to hit. It would have to take perfect aim to be able to hit a counselor.

 

If nothing else can get you to agree, there's three nerf ideas I have for it if any sounds good.

1.) If Jason misses with the head, it'll be like how if you miss with a pocketknife, nothing happens, no fear increase or anything (mainly because the survivors don't seem to react to heads anyway, just bodies and I usually never noticed a head roll by lol).

2.) If Jason hits the person with the head, instead of causing instafear, it will still cause instafear, but lasts for only 3 - 5 seconds and gradually decreases.

3.) If Jason hits the person with the head, instafear kicks in, but the counselor receives a minor speed boost for 10 - 15 seconds.

 

I also have a nerf idea for Jason kills which has probably been said before (or maybe not), but why not like... let's say, allow Jasons to pick their own kills at first and after they use that kill, it randomizes into a completely different grab (or weapon) kill. Then we wouldn't have people that spam Head Punches and Asphyixiates and it broadens the kill list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

You know what, I take it back. This would actually be OP regardless if it's only once, because every Jason would equip a decap move so they could throw heads at people over and over again. Equip head punch or any of the weapon decap moves, decap the first player, scare another, decap the next, rinse and repeat. On paper it sounds cool but it would be way too OP. It would instantly become the next Jason meta.


   I thought I wrote it in my original post but I forgot. I didn't mean for the head to cause any damage, just raise fear a bit. It can be pretty hard to find the head from head punch or field goal as you can get some good distance sometimes. I was thinking more of (I can't remember the name of it now) that kill where you throw them to the ground and pull their head off, which takes a lot more time than head punch. Also could work with the Pamela from Part 7's kill pack DLC.
   Also I did mention cannot grab while carrying the head. I was not thinking of switching it out with a throwing knife so much as it must be your next action, besides running (or powerwalking) also no weapon swing until it is thrown. As with knives, only one use. It would not be worth doing it with everyone's head as you cannot even break a window until you throw it. Not meant take make Jason more powerful really, just something cool to add for effect, and perhaps a slight fear raise if you actually hit your target.
   Next time I will try to elaborate a little better.
@Spongebob The Hedgehog I also like the ideas of only a brief raise to fear with this and the minor speed boost for the counselor. Randomizing Jason's kills would not just be great for stopping mass asphyxiations and head punches, but also good for getting in a few different kills for those games that you just cannot manage to get an environment kill.
    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ahab said:


   I thought I wrote it in my original post but I forgot. I didn't mean for the head to cause any damage, just raise fear a bit. It can be pretty hard to find the head from head punch or field goal as you can get some good distance sometimes. I was thinking more of (I can't remember the name of it now) that kill where you throw them to the ground and pull their head off, which takes a lot more time than head punch. Also could work with the Pamela from Part 7's kill pack DLC.

I know you didn't mean damage. I mean that it would be super easy to keep counselor fear high by repeatedly throwing heads at them to keep them scared and keep them showing up on Sense. It wouldn't have to be the head punch kill; there are kills that lop the head off without sending it flying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Spongebob The Hedgehog said:

Basically, if you guys remember, Jason, Pamela, Roy, all of them liked to move bodies after they killed them. I was wondering what everyone would think if we could like, let's say, press E near a dead body to pick them up and then your abilities would be changed to 4 different pictures of what you can do with the bodies. It'll be like how you can choose kills too with what you do with the bodies. Also, you don't have to carry bodies to your intended place as I imagine it would take too long with slow-moving Jason, although to balance this, let's just say that once you move a body, there is no way for you to move it again.

BEST IDEA EVER!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×