Chetork

Which Counselor do you think has the highest rate of survival?

Which counselor do you feel has the best odds of surviving in the current state of the game?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which Counselor has the highest rate of survival in your opinion?

• Deborah Kim
    • Lachappa
    • Buggzy
    • Chad
    • Jenny
    • Fox
    • A.J.
    • Adam
    • Mitch
    • Shelly
    • Vanessa
    • Kenny
    • Tiffany

I was wondering since the most recent update which gave the counselors some nerfs and Jason some buffs which counselor is the most "meta" or winnable.

Which counselor in your opinion has the highest chance of surviving/escaping in the current state of the game right now?

Chad. Vanessa is more or less a training wheels version of Chad that made me play lazier. At least Chad's stamina forced me to fight more and take risks. I only say Chad because I never pick anyone else. My Vanessa days were short lived. I can reroll and hit skill check without missing on a very consistent basis, so I don't mind the 2 in intelligence.

• Like 1

Who ever is great at playing a particular counselor has the highest rate of survival.

Quite frankly, the "Speed Meta" that has taken root in the minds of players, means more characters favoring high Speed are being chosen. This will skew any poll. The player controlling a counselor that they have mastered (in terms of playstyle) will defy or validate the meta purely on their ability. I play LaChappa/Mitch as my favorites and usually escape or I'm one of the last to die in a majority of matches I play. Survivability is on the player more than the character chosen.

I'll chose Vanessa in the poll because she is "meta", and thus, gets more matches than other counselors (across the playerbase); she'll survive more matches by pure volume. I'm not selecting her because I think she is the best suited for survival. I don't use her as a main, but there is no way she won't win the poll.:huh:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alkavian said:

Who ever is great at playing a particular counselor has the highest rate of survival.

Quite frankly, the "Speed Meta" that has taken root in the minds of players, means more characters favoring high Speed are being chosen. This will skew any poll. The player controlling a counselor that they have mastered (in terms of playstyle) will defy or validate the meta purely on their ability. I play LaChappa/Mitch as my favorites and usually escape or I'm one of the last to die in a majority of matches I play. Survivability is on the player more than the character chosen.

I'll chose Vanessa in the poll because she is "meta", and thus, gets more matches than other counselors (across the playerbase); she'll survive more matches by pure volume. I'm not selecting her because I think she is the best suited for survival. I don't use her as a main, but there is no way she won't win the poll.:huh:

Everthing you just said is why I picked Vanessa. I actually think I personally see more of her escape than Chad by a good margin. I play Jenny and Shelly mostly. Today I played Chad and ran around saving people and being a parts transporter, figure if I want other people to do it I'll just have to show them. Had two Vanessa's teaming with private chat in the lobby all day, when I was Jason I hunted them first, because they kept fixing the two seater(boat) and leaving everybody. Out of two dozen matches they escaped maybe fifteen times.

The funny thing is that, despite Vanessa being one of the best, I could imagine that her overall survival rate amongst the playerbase would be terrible in reality. Mainly because the amount of inexperienced people playing the game who are just bad, and therefore pick Vanessa (since she's available from the beginning) without knowing key information that would help them live longer.

2 hours ago, Alkavian said:

This is nonsense. Not all counselors are equal because not all stats or stat combinations are equal. Not all Jasons are equal either, and someone being good as Jason doesn't stop Part 7 from sucking or change the fact that he'd get destroyed by a good lobby.

Vanessa is the best because she's the fastest, but at the same time is a low priority due to her poor repair stat that is still high enough to stealthily repair in a pinch. This means multiple things:

1: She is not likely to be killed early on, and may be the last standing counselor. If she is the last standing counselor, she is one of the best equipped to survive for the rest of the match.

2: A group of Vanessas can quickly and easily find everything they need for the objectives. If two Vanessas push two different objectives at the same time, it's game over for Jason. He can't protect both objectives at once. While two Deborah players could also potentially do this, it would take much, much longer for them to get everything set up. The most effective way for a coordinated group to escape would be to play as all speed characters and just push multiple objectives at once. You don't need a single repair character in party-play.

3: Her speed means that she can grab the sweater early on with no consequences, and on top of that she has high luck and reasonably high strength, making her above average for demasking Jason and helping Tommy secure the kill.

Vanessa has everything going for her, Chad would probably be just as good if not better if he could use the sweater, but he can't. This is all, of course, assuming a competent lobby. A Vanessa player might not do so good if Jason kills everyone else 8 minutes into the match. In that situation she may have preferred to be a Deborah so she could disarm a trap, do a repair, start the car and drive away.

33 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

The funny thing is that, despite Vanessa being one of the best, I could imagine that her overall survival rate amongst the playerbase would be terrible in reality. Mainly because the amount of inexperienced people playing the game who are just bad, and therefore pick Vanessa (since she's available from the beginning) without knowing key information that would help them live longer.

While that may be a factor, at higher levels you still have a lot of crappy players picking Vanessa precisely because she is the best. Most of the actually good players who like the Vanessa playstyle end up playing Chad, unless they really, really want to always grab the sweater.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nougat said:

Chad. Vanessa is more or less a training wheels version of Chad that made me play lazier. At least Chad's stamina forced me to fight more and take risks. I only say Chad because I never pick anyone else. My Vanessa days were short lived. I can reroll and hit skill check without missing on a very consistent basis, so I don't mind the 2 in intelligence.

I would pick Chad, if he could rock the sweater.  And that's why I pick Jenny if I wanna give Jason a chance >:D

Vanessa. She pretty much has everything a player wants speed, luck, and stamina. She could repair, when Jason is busy with someone else. She can demask him easily. 

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I actually think I personally see more of her escape than Chad by a good margin.

Thats probably because escape is the last thing in the minds of a typical Chad player, I know when I'm him that's true :lol:

27 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Most of the actually good players who like the Vanessa playstyle end up playing Chad, unless they really, really want to always grab the sweater.

I agree on just about everything you've mentioned on that last post.  When it come to Jason kills, Vanessa is, BY FAR, the best choice.  Tiff is the next best choice, she less total speed but more damning is her lower Strength and Luck.   When I'm not with a crew on public matches, I like using Jenny.  I player just like I would Vanessa........... only slower :P.  I like the extra challenge,  fighting Jason mano-a-mano is much more enjoyable (no stumbling) and playing Jenny improves my Vanessa when I do play her.

6 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

This is nonsense. Not all counselors are equal because not all stats or stat combinations are equal. Not all Jasons are equal either, and someone being good as Jason doesn't stop Part 7 from sucking or change the fact that he'd get destroyed by a good lobby.

Vanessa is the best because she's the fastest...

I explained before, Speed is the illusion of useful. People thinking that Speed is the godtastic stat of the game simply are not seeing what it actually does and doesn't do for them. They are going on what the "feel" it does; not what it actually provides. I see the vast majority of instances, it is the player's skill, not a character's Speed that is having the greatest impact. Speed characters like Vanessa , Chad, and Buggzy are ONLY favored because they have an impactful stat like Stamina or Luck backing them up. Chad without Luck would be lackluster because he lacks meaningful Stamina or anything else except pure speed (No Fight, No Endurance, No Repair = Turd).

It's fine though. Play how you like. The fact is Vanessa is going to win this poll simply on pure volume of votes (not because she is actually more survivable). :::shrug:::

• Like 1

What we should do is have a few groups of people play 10 matches each of all the same character. 10 matches as 7 Chads, 10 matches as 7 Kennys, 10 as 7 Floyds, etc, with everyone as random Jason selection, and collect survival rate statistics when the only variable is player skill when everyone is the same character.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

@Chetork Can you change the poll to allow it to have multiple choices?

sure

I voted for A. J., Adam and Fox. 

They're very well-balanced and good repairers. Their stamina are decent to survive and they can manage their fear more easily.

A. J. has good repair and stealth. So, as long as she isn't facing Jason head-on, she can survive quietly.

Adam has good composure, decent speed and can repair well.

Fox is the same as Adam, just with a bit more stamina and luck and less strength and speed (and the fact that she can use the sweater).

I bet a lobby full of them can survive stilly.

Strangely, I've had the greatest success with Shelly. He's a good enough repairer to get things fixed, and strong enough to defend himself in a pinch.

That being said, I've NEVER ran out the clock with him -- which is where I think Vanessa excels.

I started maining Tiffany about a month ago due to her speed , stealth,and ability to grab the sweater. When we had the last update I was getting killed a ton , many times early on depending on spawn locale. Now that the dust has settled a bit and Ive adapted some. I'm surviving at a better rate than ever. I dont get to play a ton still, been playing since early June, and average less than 5 hours a week most week. I'd say I'm at about 75-80% successful , which is higher than I was between October and December.

5 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Strangely, I've had the greatest success with Shelly. He's a good enough repairer to get things fixed, and strong enough to defend himself in a pinch.

That being said, I've NEVER ran out the clock with him -- which is where I think Vanessa excels.

Shelly is an odd dude, because he has that higher than average stealth, which helps him early in the match, provided his fear gets managed appropriately.  

But once Jason hits Rage mode, Shelly completely shits the bed.  

I'm starting to think that maybe there's a difference in survivability statistics pre- and post rage.  A high-repair character with decent stealth has a MUCH higher survival rate pre-rage than a speed demon, at least in my experience.

51 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

This poll is the reason I never pick anyone up when I've repaired the car or boat by myself as Lachappa.

lol...yep.

It's hard to feel bad when you play as Deb, find the battery right away, put it in, next cabin has keys, you see the gas get marked a fair distance away and someone runs away from it like it's Jason...Go grab it, return to car, which is now trapped. Eat said trap, gas up, med spray, kite Jason for a few minutes until someone finally distracts him by messing up the fuse box, start the car, juke Jason and cruise by 4 Tiffany's and 2 Vanessa's on your way out, running over anyone who decides to run out in front of you..

If course, you never do such a thing to anyone who actually contributes to the repair of an objective. For example, I've seen a LaChappa gas up the two seater while Vanessa and Tiffany stand at the doors and take it as soon as it's ready. You know Tiffany didn't do anything for that car :P

1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

lol...yep.

It's hard to feel bad when you play as Deb, find the battery right away, put it in, next cabin has keys, you see the gas get marked a fair distance away and someone runs away from it like it's Jason...Go grab it, return to car, which is now trapped. Eat said trap, gas up, med spray, kite Jason for a few minutes until someone finally distracts him by messing up the fuse box, start the car, juke Jason and cruise by 4 Tiffany's and 2 Vanessa's on your way out, running over anyone who decides to run out in front of you..

If course, you never do such a thing to anyone who actually contributes to the repair of an objective. For example, I've seen a LaChappa gas up the two seater while Vanessa and Tiffany stand at the doors and take it as soon as it's ready. You know Tiffany didn't do anything for that car :P

No, but she'll be doing something in the back of that car later...

4 hours ago, Alkavian said:

The fact is Vanessa is going to win this poll simply on pure volume of votes (not because she is actually more survivable).

Yeah it's kind of hard to say that she survives the most when you only play as her...

I stick with random to keep things fresh. I won't even vote on here because there are so many factors to consider that there is no way to accurately make a count.

Every match is different, every Jason player is different, and every map is different. Hell, even quick play vs. private matches are going to skew the results.