Sign in to follow this  
jetlee2777

Escape artist on epic pretty much useless?

2 hours ago, Jordz_24 said:

I don’t know why you are being kinda rude to some people that have taken the time out to answer your question really thoughtfully. But i will give you a basic answer.

your question: “

The simple answer: it gives you a better chance to break free. It can be useless if you are against a jason that uses insta-kill grabs, however if you are against a Jason that likes fancier kills & wants to drag you to an environmental kill it could end up saving you. It’s a gamble whether it will help you like most perks. Eg. Scout perk is useless if you are against a jason that doesn’t bother laying traps.

At the end of the day it is a perk that sometimes could save your life, but often won’t do anything for you.

Huh what do you mean with rude?, I wasn´t rude to them but tell them only the truth that no matter now if I´m playng a counselor with high composure, high strength with or without thet escape artist perk whatsoever once Jason grabs me I´m dead.

And there it really also doesn´t matter if he´s doing now an instant kill like you said, or a more fancier kill like you said until I can fill the bar it´s over for me.

But like I said if somebody got another opinion, then I would be happy if this one can show it to me in a private match.

On 2/13/2018 at 10:05 PM, jetlee2777 said:

Hello@all.

I finally got yesterday the escape artist on epic, and used it in a match.

But it seems like eventhough it got 13% of speed to break free and -1% of stamina reduce after break free, Jason can still grab kill me nonethanless.

So my question what is really the point of this perk?, if it´s apparently not working at all?

I read something like instead of having to press E 18 times as Jenny you only need to press it 16 times as her, so yeah. Its uesless.

On 2/13/2018 at 11:13 PM, jetlee2777 said:

Yes I know but I´m using already medic perk as window kites or should I use both on all counselors?

Since when has breaking free from Jasons grab to do know with strength?, it only said that it will do more damage when wielding a weapon, otherwise Buggzy would have it very easy to break free from his grab as he is the strongest but got very low composure 4/10.

And Adam got only 7/10 composure so how exactly does escape artist will help him now?

Also what about Mitch Flyod he got 9/10 composure?, so would be escape artist also useful for him?

Mitch seems to be the only camper this perk seemed to ever help me with.  He's a squirmy one to begin with though. Got loose a few times BUT against newbie Jasons. Used it briefly and decided like many others..   Not worth the perk slot.  Seemed to help Fox a bit too but almost never got free.

Another thing is that a smart Jason knows to keep at least one easily activated  kill in his repertoire  (usually choke) for cases when they are confined and have to find room to kill.  It's during moments like this when Jason is carrying you to a kill zone that Escape Artist would help but these moments are rare as hell.  Jason knows you are mashing buttons praying to wriggle free so it's usually a wasted slot.

The whole grabbing/breaking free mechanic needs a rework. Breaking free is never organic. Not saying the counselors should have a much EASIER time breaking free but it just doesn’t feel natural. Maybe a QTE would be better.

Counselors should have an easier time breaking out when they run Escape Artist, the perk needs to be at least as twice as powerful as it is now for it to be worth a slot.

To be honest I think it should be incredibly easy until you are Limped from damage, Escape Artist always felt like it should have been key to the meta. As it is it’s useless. 

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 6:34 PM, jetlee2777 said:

Yeah I hear you, but what I actually meant to said about buffing the grab a little is, so that esp. counselors with high composure can break free easily from it.

While ones who have low composure, well they still have no chance at all, and with the perk still little to no chance.

Also you should not forget that you can also kill the counselors physically in the game, so actually no need at all to "grab spam" all the time esp. when everybody at one spot try to stun you then you so or so can´t grab kill anybody. :D

High composure counselors already break free quite quickly... most Jason players know this. It is a true accomplishment to carry Tommy, Adam, Jenny or Mitch to an environment kill and actually kill them with it... unless you grab them right beside one. The escape artist perk does actually help them escape just a little bit quicker... but you only have a chance to escape if Jason need to walk you to a spot to perform a kill... After having enough of these counselors escape from your grasp, you would be using instant kills on them too, particularly if you had any trouble what so ever catching them in the first place.

The escape artist perk needs only one little buff to make it less situational... it should increase the space required to perform an execution... which would mean that Jason could no longer use an instant kill on you unless he had enough space to perform the kill... and with increased space required, then this perk might be a bit more viable for the counselors that can already break free quickly. For the rest of the counselors that take a long time to break free, the perk is pretty useless. If it was buffed to the point where the low composure / strength counselors could break free quickly, then Tommy, Adam, Jenny and Mitch would be breaking free almost instantly, which throws balance to the wind... But with the increased 'space to kill' buff to the perk, it could still stop Jason from using an instant kill long enough for someone to break them free of his grip with a weapon hit.

I have broken free of Jason's grip with every counselor on many occasions... so yes, they do still have a chance... IF and only IF... the Jason player needs to carry them any real distance to perform the kill. The only time you have no chance is IF the Jason player uses the instant kills.

No one is going to forget that Jason can slash or knife counselors to death... and if everyone is breaking free of his grip consistently before he can use a kill, then slashing and knife kills would be how pretty much everyone would be dying. If Jason cannot perform a grab kill because everyone is breaking free consistently before he could perform an execution... there would no longer be any execution kills in the game... which would actually make this perk completely useless as no one is even being grabbed anymore.
   And yes... you can grab kill people in a mob... with the instant kills... But this is also considering that no one was able to hit Jason before the grab animation is completed... which is a rarity itself. More often than not, other counselors will free someone from your grip if they are competent players... so grabbing against mobs is fairly useless... but it can actually still be done.