Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jetlee2777

Escape artist on epic pretty much useless?

Recommended Posts

Hello@all.

I finally got yesterday the escape artist on epic, and used it in a match.

But it seems like eventhough it got 13% of speed to break free and -1% of stamina reduce after break free, Jason can still grab kill me nonethanless.

So my question what is really the point of this perk?, if it´s apparently not working at all?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

haha 99% of perks are useless, you should only use Thick skinned, medic and sucker punch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Adam or with Tommy, the effect is significant with an Epic perk...but Choke will still insta-kill you 100% of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dr. Lecter said:

On Adam or with Tommy, the effect is significant with an Epic perk...but Choke will still insta-kill you 100% of the time.

So what I should use the epic escape artist on Adam then?, and what about Jenny?

8 hours ago, UlfKarl said:

haha 99% of perks are useless, you should only use Thick skinned, medic and sucker punch

Well I´m not using thick skinned, as 100% of the game Jason is grabbing you only so it´s pretty much useless imao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jetlee2777 said:

Well I´m not using thick skinned, as 100% of the game Jason is grabbing you only so it´s pretty much useless imao

Thick skinned isn’t used to prevent grabs, it’s an extra trap, and extra window kites. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jetlee2777 said:

So what I should use the epic escape artist on Adam then?, and what about Jenny?

It'll help Jenny as well, because of her composure, but breaking free speed is based on Strength + Composure, not composure alone. Thus, Adam will actually break free faster than Jenny. Personally, I think the extra break out speed isn't worth a perk slot even on Adam/Jenny - but aside from those two it's really not worth a perk slot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Thick skinned isn’t used to prevent grabs, it’s an extra trap, and extra window kites. 

Yes I know but I´m using already medic perk as window kites or should I use both on all counselors?

8 hours ago, Dr. Lecter said:

It'll help Jenny as well, because of her composure, but breaking free speed is based on Strength + Composure, not composure alone. Thus, Adam will actually break free faster than Jenny. Personally, I think the extra break out speed isn't worth a perk slot even on Adam/Jenny - but aside from those two it's really not worth a perk slot.

Since when has breaking free from Jasons grab to do know with strength?, it only said that it will do more damage when wielding a weapon, otherwise Buggzy would have it very easy to break free from his grab as he is the strongest but got very low composure 4/10.

And Adam got only 7/10 composure so how exactly does escape artist will help him now?

Also what about Mitch Flyod he got 9/10 composure?, so would be escape artist also useful for him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jetlee2777 said:

Yes I know but I´m using already medic perk as window kites or should I use both on all counselors?

 

It depends on what you have besides Medic, Thick Skinned with Medic increases kite durations. 

 

6 minutes ago, jetlee2777 said:

Since when has breaking free from Jasons grab to do know with strength?, it only said that it will do more damage when wielding a weapon, otherwise Buggzy would have it very easy to break free from his grab as he is the strongest but got very low composure 4/10.

Also what about Mitch Flyod he got 9/10 composure?, so would be escape artist also useful for him?

It’s only helpful on Adam, but still sucks nevertheless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

It depends on what you have besides Medic, Thick Skinned with Medic increases kite durations. 

 

It’s only helpful on Adam, but still sucks nevertheless.

Well I use as perks so far for each counselor:

Vanessa marathon, restful , medic

Shelly soldier, clear mind, sucker punch

Fox soldier, medic, sucker punch

Mitch Floyd escape artist, clear mind, medic

Adam escape artist, medic, sucker punch

Eric Lachappa light foot, unawareness, clear mind

Brandon Buggzy marathon, restful, sucker punch

AJ Mason light foot, unawareness, clear mind

Chad Kensington marathon, restful , clear mind

Jenny nerves of steal, escape artist, clear mind

Kenny my dad is a cop, the repair perk , medic

Tiffany light foot, marathon, clear mind

and last but not least for Deborah light foot, unawareness, clear mind so is it ok like this?, or is there anything to improve?, as I really don´t know what third perk I should use now for example for Adam and Jenny

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jetlee2777 said:

Since when has breaking free from Jasons grab to do know with strength?, it only said that it will do more damage when wielding a weapon, otherwise Buggzy would have it very easy to break free from his grab as he is the strongest but got very low composure 4/10.

And Adam got only 7/10 composure so how exactly does escape artist will help him now?

Also what about Mitch Flyod he got 9/10 composure?, so would be escape artist also useful for him?

 

https://fridaythe13th.gamepedia.com/Strength#Description 

See also Rydog's experiments here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=938559619

Grab Breaking

Breaking free from Jason's grab relies on a combination of Composure and Strength. Here is approximately how many button taps it takes each counselor to escape from Jason's grab, at a rate of ~2 taps per second (you should be able to do it much faster; this was just easier to consistently count). These grab breaks were all done with Jason Part 6, at max Fear, with the counselor's HUD completely gone.

  • Tommy (Composure 10, Strength 10, combined 20) -- NO DATA YET
  • Adam (Composure 7, Strength 8, combined 15) can break free from Jason's grab in 20 taps.
  • Brandon (Composure 4, Strength 10, combined 14) can break free from Jason's grab in 22 taps.
  • Jenny (Composure 10, Strength 1, combined 11) can break free from Jason's grab in 22 taps.
  • Kenny (Composure 5, Strength 5, combined 10) can break free from Jason's grab in 27 taps.
  • A.J. (Composure 7, Strength 2, combined 9) can break free from Jason's grab in 27 taps.
  • Eric (Composure 4, Strength 3, combined 7) can break free from Jason's grab in 35 taps.
  • Vanessa (Composure 3, Strength 4, combined 7) can break free from Jason's grab in 35 taps.
  • Deborah (Composure 5, Strength 1, combined 6) can break free from Jason's grab in 35 taps.
  • Tiffany (Composure 3, Strength 2, combined 5) can break free from Jason's grab in 43 taps.
  • Chad (Composure 1, Strength 3, combined 4) can break free from Jason's grab in 53 taps.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

 

https://fridaythe13th.gamepedia.com/Strength#Description 

See also Rydog's experiments here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=938559619

Grab Breaking

Breaking free from Jason's grab relies on a combination of Composure and Strength. Here is approximately how many button taps it takes each counselor to escape from Jason's grab, at a rate of ~2 taps per second (you should be able to do it much faster; this was just easier to consistently count). These grab breaks were all done with Jason Part 6, at max Fear, with the counselor's HUD completely gone.

  • Tommy (Composure 10, Strength 10, combined 20) -- NO DATA YET
  • Adam (Composure 7, Strength 8, combined 15) can break free from Jason's grab in 20 taps.
  • Brandon (Composure 4, Strength 10, combined 14) can break free from Jason's grab in 22 taps.
  • Jenny (Composure 10, Strength 1, combined 11) can break free from Jason's grab in 22 taps.
  • Kenny (Composure 5, Strength 5, combined 10) can break free from Jason's grab in 27 taps.
  • A.J. (Composure 7, Strength 2, combined 9) can break free from Jason's grab in 27 taps.
  • Eric (Composure 4, Strength 3, combined 7) can break free from Jason's grab in 35 taps.
  • Vanessa (Composure 3, Strength 4, combined 7) can break free from Jason's grab in 35 taps.
  • Deborah (Composure 5, Strength 1, combined 6) can break free from Jason's grab in 35 taps.
  • Tiffany (Composure 3, Strength 2, combined 5) can break free from Jason's grab in 43 taps.
  • Chad (Composure 1, Strength 3, combined 4) can break free from Jason's grab in 53 taps.

 

Ok so what should I use know as perks as it´s not answering my question?, I mean what about for example Bugzy?, are the perks for him that I use ok?, or what about using escape artist on him?,or soldier?, which will help his strength?, anyway the whole taps thing imao is more a button mashing thing until you fill the break free bar, which is highly unfair as Jason only needs actually two buttons, in order to kill you and when he even got an instand kill you are imediately dead no matter now if you have the highest composure/strength whatsover like Tommy has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I will try and spoonfeed:

If you take the experiment into account, it should work like this: 0.13 x count of buttontaps of respective counselor = button taps saved to break free. It only applies to breaking free from neutral grip strength Jasons like Part VI, though. It will work differently with + or - grip strength Jasons.

E. g. Adam:

0.13 x 20 = 2.6 button taps 

This would mean 20 - 2.6 = 17.4 button taps to break free for Adam with the perk.

Alternatively, you can also use "87 %" in the equasion:

0.87 x 20 = 17.4 

0.87 x 22  (Jenny and Bugzy) = 19.4 

Other counselors will save even more button taps, but no one will break free faster than Adam. Besides Tommy, if the perk carries over. Tommy being 10+10 in relevant stats means he should be 33.33 % faster than Adam in base stats.

0.33 x 20 = 6.67 saved button taps.

Tommy should break free in 13.33 taps.

0.87 x 13.33 = 11.59 taps.

The perk can be helpful, as long as you get grabbed in a crammed up place and / or Jason has to walk you somewhere for a kill. It won't make a huge difference though, and as soon as a Jason player has choke equipped, you won't escape me thinks.

I had instances where it could have helped in succesfully killing Jason, because I was literally one button tap away from escaping. The problem of the perk is that its benefit is measured in percent. It therefore doesn't really help characters where it could add to their strength. The biggest benefit is for characters who suck at struggling free anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Escape artist is one of the few perks that could use a buff. Nothing major, but instead of the epic maxing out at 15% it should go up to 20%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Thor_Bjarnason said:

 I will try and spoonfeed:

If you take the experiment into account, it should work like this: 0.13 x count of buttontaps of respective counselor = button taps saved to break free. It only applies to breaking free from neutral grip strength Jasons like Part VI, though. It will work differently with + or - grip strength Jasons.

E. g. Adam:

0.13 x 20 = 2.6 button taps 

This would mean 20 - 2.6 = 17.4 button taps to break free for Adam with the perk.

Alternatively, you can also use "87 %" in the equasion:

0.87 x 20 = 17.4 

0.87 x 22  (Jenny and Bugzy) = 19.4 

Other counselors will save even more button taps, but no one will break free faster than Adam. Besides Tommy, if the perk carries over. Tommy being 10+10 in relevant stats means he should be 33.33 % faster than Adam in base stats.

0.33 x 20 = 6.67 saved button taps.

Tommy should break free in 13.33 taps.

0.87 x 13.33 = 11.59 taps.

The perk can be helpful, as long as you get grabbed in a crammed up place and / or Jason has to walk you somewhere for a kill. It won't make a huge difference though, and as soon as a Jason player has choke equipped, you won't escape me thinks.

I had instances where it could have helped in succesfully killing Jason, because I was literally one button tap away from escaping. The problem of the perk is that its benefit is measured in percent. It therefore doesn't really help characters where it could add to their strength. The biggest benefit is for characters who suck at struggling free anyway.

Sorry no offence, but this are only all just statistics and didn't work practically no matter now if I use it now on counselors with high composure or on the ones with very low ones.

When Jason grabs you, and he do an instant kill on you it's all over and you can't button tap anymore to break free.

I mean you don't even have a chance against Jasons with low grip strength, to break free.

But ok if your're still convinced about it, then please show and teach it to me in a private match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jetlee2777 said:

Sorry no offence, but [fuck you and all the work you did for me...now do more or admit you're wrong!]

That's what spoon-feeding gets you. @Thor_Bjarnason :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jetlee2777 said:

But ok if your're still convinced about it, then please show and teach it to me in a private match.

Me being convinced didn't play any part in the above post. Merely stating facts about what the perk does based on a set of empiric data. What you do with it is your own decision, and it seems you have made up your mind. Which is totally okay with me, since I use other perks aswell.

@Dr. Lecter I guess so...sometimes you'll get bitten doing spoonfeeding. It took some time off my way to work which was okay, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Escape artist is one of the few perks that could use a buff. Nothing major, but instead of the epic maxing out at 15% it should go up to 20%.

At 15?, mine is only on 13 :blink: but ok I know that even on epic the perks can still vary with it´s stats.

But they should imao buff Jasons grab, to make it easy to break free from it, but highly doubt that they will do it or much better make it as Qte just like with the repairing thing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Thor_Bjarnason said:

Me being convinced didn't play any part in the above post. Merely stating facts about what the perk does based on a set of empiric data. What you do with it is your own decision, and it seems you have made up your mind. Which is totally okay with me, since I use other perks.

@Dr. Lecter I guess so...sometimes you'll get bitten doing spoonfeeding. It took some time off my way to work which was okay, though.

I know but I´m only speaking about experience that no matter now if I use escape artist, or not Jason can ALWAYS kill me if he grabs me.

But like I said we can still try and figure it out on private match, just send me a private msg with your psn ID (game tag).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jetlee2777 said:

At 15?, mine is only on 13 :blink: but ok I know that even on epic the perks can still vary with it´s stats.

But they should imao buff Jasons grab, to make it easy to break free from it, but highly doubt that they will do it or much better make it as Qte just like with the repairing thing.

 

Jason needs his auto kill, otherwise counsellors have too much control. The only compromise is to buff escape artist a little to make it a worthwhile perk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Jason needs his auto kill, otherwise counsellors have too much control. The only compromise is to buff escape artist a little to make it a worthwhile perk.

Yeah I hear you, but what I actually meant to said about buffing the grab a little is, so that esp. counselors with high composure can break free easily from it.

While ones who have low composure, well they still have no chance at all, and with the perk still little to no chance.

Also you should not forget that you can also kill the counselors physically in the game, so actually no need at all to "grab spam" all the time esp. when everybody at one spot try to stun you then you so or so can´t grab kill anybody. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know why you are being kinda rude to some people that have taken the time out to answer your question really thoughtfully. But i will give you a basic answer.

your question: “

On 14/02/2018 at 3:05 AM, jetlee2777 said:

So my question what is really the point of this perk?, if it´s apparently not working at all?

The simple answer: it gives you a better chance to break free. It can be useless if you are against a jason that uses insta-kill grabs, however if you are against a Jason that likes fancier kills & wants to drag you to an environmental kill it could end up saving you. It’s a gamble whether it will help you like most perks. Eg. Scout perk is useless if you are against a jason that doesn’t bother laying traps.

At the end of the day it is a perk that sometimes could save your life, but often won’t do anything for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×